Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Captain_duck posted:

Did we just get a reveal of another bullshit eye power?

We saw him do it before, when he instantly replaced the destroyed dining room table and food. It's still a lot less bullshit than the Sharingan and Rinnegan, because it's easily countered if you know how it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Schubalts posted:

We saw him do it before, when he instantly replaced the destroyed dining room table and food. It's still a lot less bullshit than the Sharingan and Rinnegan, because it's easily countered if you know how it works.

Also it's just an extension of his normal power.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Yeah this new bullshit eye power that just stores items seems kinda lackluster compared to teleporting, undying flames or spirit mechs.

Which prolly means its just a starter version and will show more ridiculous stuff later. This is still naruto after all.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Isn't that exactly the same power Obito had, just with the shrinking on top?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Isn't that exactly the same power Obito had, just with the shrinking on top?

It's a bit stronger. He can shrink objects into a Hammerspace then bring them out instantly and revert them. And we already know that his powers don't really work on living things. So it's pretty much just a power that lets him teleport attacks on top of people.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Isshiki’s ability is at least more straightforward than Obito’s. Kishimoto had to bend over backwards to explain why his suck things up ability was originally intangibility.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So who want to see the "art" they are going with for the Naruto Triple Feature Blu-ray?

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1289336048275750912?s=20

Yikes....

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Who even are those other people on the cover besides Naruto himself?

Also what exactly is this, a collection of the first three movies or something?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Larryb posted:

Yes. I have a DVD version from years ago.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Larryb posted:

People from the first movie

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

People from the first movie

Ah right, I remember now.

Off the subject, more of the Boruto dub has come out recently. They’re up to episode 79 now.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

mateo360 posted:

So who want to see the "art" they are going with for the Naruto Triple Feature Blu-ray?

I didn't want to see it. I really didn't.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
it gets better here is the full art

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Who drew this? What other work did they do?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Who drew this? What other work did they do?

Whilce Portacio. One of the Founders of Image comics.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I don't believe it. Though, to its credit I can recognize everyone.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
they look loving hideous.

are the movies even good? i only ever seen the first one, and it was really meh.

i like ding dong dang though

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Willo567 posted:

are the movies even good? i only ever seen the first one, and it was really meh.

The Last is pretty much mandatory viewing because it's the only canon movie. Be warned it's more a love story than anything. Road to Ninja wasn't bad. The rest are definitely a case of YMMV.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Road to Ninja gets referred back to in a few filler episodes and Kishimoto himself had some hand in its production so technically you could say it’s canon as well but not in any way that really matters all that much.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i liked the first movie, if only because it's a big adventure for team 7 which the series desperately needed more of to justify the supposed bond between naruto and sasuke

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Jazerus posted:

i liked the first movie, if only because it's a big adventure for team 7 which the series desperately needed more of to justify the supposed bond between naruto and sasuke

Yeah, I think Stone of Gelel is also relatively okay because it has the real best friend Gaara in it and is kind of cool as an idea for what might be outside the Elemental Nations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Yeah, I think Stone of Gelel is also relatively okay because it has the real best friend Gaara in it and is kind of cool as an idea for what might be outside the Elemental Nations.

also, ding dong dang

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I like the ending theme of the third movie as it kind of feels fitting for the whole series in general. That's about it though.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Willo567 posted:

they look loving hideous.

i like ding dong dang though

The only ones I can say positive things about are Blood Prison and Road to Ninja, and even then both of those have the same third act problems that pretty much all of the movies do (a final confrontation unfolding in a way that feels very obligatory).

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Naruto Goes to Jail is an incredibly funny movie concept that I will probably never watch because it can't live up to what it could be.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

mateo360 posted:

it gets better here is the full art

Oh... hi, Sakura. I think.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think The Last is the best Naruto movie.

Boruto would also be good if the show hadn't made it completely obsolete in what I like to call a reverse Dragon Ball Super

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

I think The Last is the best Naruto movie.

Boruto would also be good if the show hadn't made it completely obsolete in what I like to call a reverse Dragon Ball Super

Yeah, there’s absolutely no reason to watch the Boruto movie anymore as it was completely redone in the series itself (and much better at that).

Speaking of which, I’d actually kind of like to see them try their hand at another Boruto movie one of these days. Though at the current rate who knows exactly when or if that’s going to happen.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tonfa posted:

Naruto Goes to Jail is an incredibly funny movie concept that I will probably never watch because it can't live up to what it could be.

There's a part where Naruto tries to escape, falls off a rooftop, and gets bitten by dogs while lying on the ground so the first half of that movie is actually really enjoyable.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I like Bonds, mostly because of how much it features Sasuke's amazing cowboy theme. Also the 'Zero-tails' which is just :allears:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I rank the Naruto movies by which one has the best Rasengan variation

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheHan posted:

I rank the Naruto movies by which one has the best Rasengan variation

Which one’s the best in that regard then?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Funnily enough, it's Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Larryb posted:

Naruto isn't on the cover :colbert:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

In my rewatch I just passed Naruto saying goodbye to Minato... let me tell you the waterworks

This dumb show is really good at those emotional moments

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

In my rewatch I just passed Naruto saying goodbye to Minato... let me tell you the waterworks

This dumb show is really good at those emotional moments

I’ve said it before, but despite the large amounts of filler I actually think the Naruto anime is objectively better than the manga in some aspects. Hell, even the filler can be entertaining once and a while.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Filler gave us that amazing Kakashi ANBU arc.

It also gave us that absolutely terrible unending string of tsukiyomi dreams.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

rndmnmbr posted:

Filler gave us that amazing Kakashi ANBU arc.

It also gave us that absolutely terrible unending string of tsukiyomi dreams.

The Tenten one where she traveled to the world from Road to Ninja was ok (as was Killer Bee’s dream), definitely agreed on the rest though. Particularly Tsunade’s which was this weird, drawn out alternate retelling of the series that went on for way longer than it needed to.

I also appreciate the filler for actually expanding on some things the manga just glossed over (like Kaguya, the relationship between Kakashi and Yamato, and Anko’s connection with Orochimaru). Also characters like Tenten and Anko got more screentime and focus in the anime then they did in the entirety of the manga.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Anyway, we’ve got a new chapter:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-49/chapter/20983?action=read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well, relying on Momoshiki certainly shows how dire the situation is.

Also, stop stabbing people's eyes Isshiki! Jeeze.

Not sure how they will keep Isshiki there though.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 20, 2020