Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Keep in mind that you require at least secret level clearance to work in most aerospace engineering positions in the US and that the really advanced poo poo is levels beyond that, stuff you've never heard of and never will until it crashes in a field in China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

nut posted:

military and intelligence contracts blur the line of who private scientists serve and what they share with the public, surely
No it doesn't. They serve Capital to the exclusion of all else, any tech we become aware of is because their bosses said it was okay.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

also _i_ have 'secret' clearance lmao

its not hard, its jsut a background check

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

GolfHole posted:

where are the alien bodies at? tell us, we know you know

are they in the 5G towers??

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

broke: coming into the thread with your skunkworks badge to tell us advanced platforms dont exist

woke: coming into the thread with dulce DUMB raygun scars to tell us the aliens are gay and do crime

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

The Saucer Hovers posted:

broke: coming into the thread with your skunkworks badge to tell us advanced platforms dont exist

woke: coming into the thread with dulce DUMB raygun scars to tell us the aliens are gay and do crime

the dulce shootout is my favorite government secret base conspiracy

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

It is interesting watching the past timelines and projecting forward. So FOGBANK was produced from 75-89, plant decommissioned in 93. We then got cheap wanted to extend the lifespan of the warheads that used it and needed to reverse engineer how to make it starting in 2000. After 7 years it was considered a success and we learned about it in 2009 because the NNSA manager wanted to be able to brag about it. So that's how we figured out FOGBANK is areogel.

So in 30 years we'll hear about some other secret invention manufactured today because some administrator wants to brag about whatever cost-savings program replaced it/refurbished it/was cancelled to keep it.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

mod sassinator posted:

where are the alien bodies at? tell us, we know you know

are they in the 5G towers??

secret is the boring one :(

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

GolfHole posted:

yea for civilian work

not the cool poo poo

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Demiurge4 posted:

How do they gently caress up censoring it this bad? Are they just loading up adobe reader and painting it black without changing the underplaying text layer? Oh god that’s it isn’t it?

Its a common enough fuckup that the military procedure for documents is redact-print-scan

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

The towers are made of the bones of aliens. Another genocide by humans

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Tunicate posted:

Its a common enough fuckup that the military procedure for documents is redact-print-scan

I think the FBI screwing this up for some years was actually the big deal that caused the current procedure to exist

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Also for some of that fun Nuclear Secrets/Hollywood crossover here's a declassified video narrated by Charlton Heston about SDI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm6B3edLyec

He apparently narrated quite a few secret videos.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I've had TS/SC clearance before, but it's meaningless, the C stands for "compartmentalized" and your compartment is always very small.

As far as I can tell the background check people did nothing, no one I gave as a reference ever claimed to be contacted by them.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

me threatening the us navy with my iphone x

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
the Dulce base guy Phil Schneider was straight up implicated in black market nuclear materials sales, it’s probably how his body got all hosed up. He also served little time for that so I’m assuming Smoke and Mirrors division put him up for his UFO circuit speaking. Can’t explain why he got garroted with his own catheter tubing though.

although I wouldn’t put it past THEM to kill basically harmless disinfo operatives for shits and giggles just to watch us squirm

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

GolfHole posted:

same, they even talked to my neighbor. then they got hacked and every detail of last 7 years of peoples lives was stolen.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
When some gullible fuckstain IRL asks you who "THEY" and "THEM" are, what do you tell them?

My go-to answer is "The forces of Capital, you world-class dullard."

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This running list of security clearance appeals and decisions is an evergreen source of amusement

https://ogc.osd.mil/doha/industrial/2020.html

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1289617161367908353?s=20

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/MissyEverytime/status/1280211991554961408?s=20

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

mistermojo posted:

same, they even talked to my neighbor. then they got hacked and every detail of last 7 years of peoples lives was stolen.

fine, everyone's a texan. change planes in dallas, you're a texan

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

hmmm, she claims that Farmer also did the Bill Clinton in the blue dress and George Bush throwing paperplanes into Jenga towers paintings

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I want to hear the bastard deny it.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

these are cool

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
What's this dulce thing I've never heard of

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Hatebag posted:

Some kind of dick detective, or dick dick as it were

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

“I did not have sexual relations with that child.”

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

technically the spokesperson never specifies which island, it’s just “never been to the island” lol

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
fyi "Top Secret" is just the highest level of secret that is allowed to be public knowledge.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I half believe that DELTA GREEN is real.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Does he have a different definition for the word 'Island' or something?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I watched the Dulce base thing on youtube once, one of the presenters casually goes on a rant about how Janet Reno is an evil lesbian.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Reminder that military tech is approx 17 yrs ahead of commercially available tech.

even if they are, with respect to sound reinforcement subwoofers haven't significantly changed in the 60yrs they've existed. better materials let them handle more power, better horn and port designs make them louder, fancy multidriver designs make them more directional, better crossovers make them more efficient, better amplifiers are smaller and more efficient. but you still need a couple thousand watts and a huge magnet to rattle someone's organs

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

What's this dulce thing I've never heard of

Dulce is my favorite bit of alien conspiracy nutjobbery. The short version is that there is a human/alien (reptilian and grey, mostly) joint base under Dulce, New Mexico, at which in the late 80's a human security guard and a cadre of humans and aliens in an ill-fated rebellion. That security guard was on the UFO speaker circuit mysteriously not killed for his role in an insurrection in a beyond top secret military base.

human garbage bag posted:

fyi "Top Secret" is just the highest level of secret that is allowed to be public knowledge.

Also Val Kilmer's first role.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I always liked Chomsky's quote about going to the MIT labs to figure out what technology would be like in 15 years.

So in the 40s it was all rockets, 60s/70s all computer poo poo, 80s and 90s all pharmaceutical etc

in medicine right now nuclear medicine/interventional radiology is the most advanced.

robotics assisted ortho procedures are pretty insane. those will be surgeon free in our lifetimes.

also GI is the future of medicine in general.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Well that depends on what your definition of 'is-land' is.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VjPM5CeWs

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

if you own a timeshare youre not visiting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Grapplejack posted:

Well that depends on what your definition of 'is-land' is.
:perfect: