Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

can you send it to Toffile as well

Sent it to you too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So Evil is pretty slow, huh.
What is the first major milestone to aim for? Right now I am just slowly climbing upwards with 30 min rebirths.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Broken Cog posted:

So Evil is pretty slow, huh.
What is the first major milestone to aim for? Right now I am just slowly climbing upwards with 30 min rebirths.

You should probably start a basic challenge chain a couple of rebirths to get to 58 and get a boost to adventure mode stats.

After that the preferred strategy is the Nerd rush, where you should be mostly just ITOPOD grinding until you can kill the next Titan, he is guaranteed to drop at least 1 piece of better equipment than your Choco gear.

Its slow but its faster than farming the first 2 zones in Evil.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

You should probably start a basic challenge chain a couple of rebirths to get to 58 and get a boost to adventure mode stats.

After that the preferred strategy is the Nerd rush, where you should be mostly just ITOPOD grinding until you can kill the next Titan, he is guaranteed to drop at least 1 piece of better equipment than your Choco gear.

Its slow but its faster than farming the first 2 zones in Evil.

Alright, I'll see if I can do that, though I am mostly gaining around 4-5 levels per rebirth as it is, and I bet that's gonna slow down soon as well. Cheers!

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Two small feature requests for Endless Battle:

1) In the Quest Summary screen, you can see the total bonuses you've earned from completing quests. It seems to be that the same bonuses on different layer tiers stack multiplicatively (if I'm wrong here, correct me!) and I think it would be convenient if we could easily tell which bonuses came from which layer tier. One way would be to separate each tier into it's own page, so you're always taken right to the page with the relevant layer's bonuses, or possibly just making it one big page with each layer having a separate section, with the currently selected layer highlighted.

2) More automation please :v: right now, all the various Creation upgrade currencies make it somewhat tedious to go through and buy upgrades, and since I'm just trying to buy the cheapest ones as I can afford them, I wouldn't mind throwing an auto-buy option into that screen. The only currency on that screen you might not want to spend immediately are the regular power gems, but even then you don't need more than 100-150k at a time. This probably wouldn't be the optimal way to upgrade everything, since not all the upgrades are equally valuable, but with all the currencies spread among all the layers it would save a fair bit time trying to eyeball currency costs.

I'll hold off on requesting auto-upgrading magic spells since those have significant difference in power and you most definitely want to actually put thought into those :v:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

is the bald egg accessory a reference to northernlion because goddamn

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

for SM20 you really should be reading the collapse channel chat and it has some good guides on how to tackle the sluggish milestones

This is one of the things that really irks me about their server. Technically I shouldn't be there anymore because I have darkness unlocked. They've got everything out down into these channels but it's actually meaningless because *gasp* you can do things in different orders!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Len posted:

This is one of the things that really irks me about their server. Technically I shouldn't be there anymore because I have darkness unlocked. They've got everything out down into these channels but it's actually meaningless because *gasp* you can do things in different orders!

its a bit fuzzy at that point because collapse is like layer 3 of the incremental and the meta and generation really starts to ramp up in the middle of layer 3

also you're really kind of hard locked to certain paths of progression, and like while you can totally get darkness before doing SM20...it's really a mistake to do that since SM20 helps a ton generating darkness and getting upgrades

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
These idle game Discord servers with 500 channels are poo poo, who knew. Even kongregate chat is much better for simple beginner questions.
For the sluggish milestones, you pretty much just need to get one or two more aleph upgrades than you had for the last one and then simply go up to the max amount of boosts you're allowed for the milestone and do as many challenges as possible there.
I think they're pretty well balanced but then again I'm still amazed how the booster upgrades and challenges work together. I think the longest SM took me like 6 hours?

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jul 31, 2020

shs
Feb 14, 2012

Manyorcas posted:

Two small feature requests for Endless Battle:

1) In the Quest Summary screen, you can see the total bonuses you've earned from completing quests. It seems to be that the same bonuses on different layer tiers stack multiplicatively (if I'm wrong here, correct me!) and I think it would be convenient if we could easily tell which bonuses came from which layer tier. One way would be to separate each tier into it's own page, so you're always taken right to the page with the relevant layer's bonuses, or possibly just making it one big page with each layer having a separate section, with the currently selected layer highlighted.

2) More automation please :v: right now, all the various Creation upgrade currencies make it somewhat tedious to go through and buy upgrades, and since I'm just trying to buy the cheapest ones as I can afford them, I wouldn't mind throwing an auto-buy option into that screen. The only currency on that screen you might not want to spend immediately are the regular power gems, but even then you don't need more than 100-150k at a time. This probably wouldn't be the optimal way to upgrade everything, since not all the upgrades are equally valuable, but with all the currencies spread among all the layers it would save a fair bit time trying to eyeball currency costs.

I'll hold off on requesting auto-upgrading magic spells since those have significant difference in power and you most definitely want to actually put thought into those :v:

Quests from different layers that benefit the same resource do stack multiplicatively.

I recently uploaded a new build (125) that adds some extra information to the quest summary menu. The Steam and Android versions should be out. The iOS is in review.

My hang up with automation is that, even though I made the game, I don't really know how to play it optimally. Regular upgrades are easy because there's no decision to be made (just buy all of them right away), but for things like spending prestige resources versus hanging on to them to receive a boost, or buying one creation upgrade versus buying a different upgrade, that's really complex and I don't think I'm capable of building something that makes good decisions.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

GrossMurpel posted:

These idle game Discord servers with 500 channels are poo poo, who knew. Even kongregate chat is much better for simple beginner questions.
For the sluggish milestones, you pretty much just need to get one or two more aleph upgrades than you had for the last one and then simply go up to the max amount of boosts you're allowed for the milestone and do as many challenges as possible there.
I think they're pretty well balanced but then again I'm still amazed how the booster upgrades and challenges work together. I think the longest SM took me like 6 hours?

For example challenges/incrementy/manifolds are all the same goddamn section

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

shs posted:

Quests from different layers that benefit the same resource do stack multiplicatively.

I recently uploaded a new build (125) that adds some extra information to the quest summary menu. The Steam and Android versions should be out. The iOS is in review.

My hang up with automation is that, even though I made the game, I don't really know how to play it optimally. Regular upgrades are easy because there's no decision to be made (just buy all of them right away), but for things like spending prestige resources versus hanging on to them to receive a boost, or buying one creation upgrade versus buying a different upgrade, that's really complex and I don't think I'm capable of building something that makes good decisions.

Oh yeah, I'm making this request having no idea how to play optimally either. It'd be really hard and complicated to find that I think! My specific request was just to automate my own very simplistic method of choosing upgrades, which honestly is pretty selfish of me :v:

Thank you very much for the update, the layer building material mechanic of the game is interesting.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
A silly little NGU interface thing I would like is that I've got a mouse with a wheel that can be rocked left or right and I'd love for doing so to change the inventory page accordingly.

e: Also being able to drag one Loadout button onto another to swap their names/sets so that I could easily reorder my Loadout buttons.

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 31, 2020

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So I'm still fairly eary on in Evil (doing the basic challenges), and I've noticed that while the Evil NGUs are pretty strong, they are also incredibly slow. Is it better to just continue building up the normal NGUs for now and leave the evil ones for when I can complete them within a reasonable timeframe?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Broken Cog posted:

So I'm still fairly eary on in Evil (doing the basic challenges), and I've noticed that while the Evil NGUs are pretty strong, they are also incredibly slow. Is it better to just continue building up the normal NGUs for now and leave the evil ones for when I can complete them within a reasonable timeframe?

yes

it's worth going back to evil ones until softcap but you want pp ngu at 60-80m

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Eldercain posted:

yes

it's worth going back to evil ones until softcap but you want pp ngu at 60-80m

Alright cheers! Though I am... quite a while away from those numbers.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Broken Cog posted:

Alright cheers! Though I am... quite a while away from those numbers.

yeah it's a few weeks but the dr on normal ngus is less harsh than advertised and less harsh than evils since they multiply each other. by the time you get the evil-> normal quirk you should be ready to switch over

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Trying out Synergism since I'm stalling a bit through the middle of evil on NGU, and it's pretty good even if there's very little info on what to do if you're stuck.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I'm moving tomorrow, just wanna pop in while i can and say once again thank you to goons for helping NGU in its infancy - finally gonna be living in a nice place!

:unsmith:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

something posted:

I'm moving tomorrow, just wanna pop in while i can and say once again thank you to goons for helping NGU in its infancy - finally gonna be living in a nice place!

Congrats! I’m glad NGU worked out so well for you, it’s a kickass idler.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

something posted:

PGU, places go up.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

7 beards, 7 slots.

exp slot, troll challenge slot, starting slot, 4 x AP shop slots

e: oh sorry misunderstood. i tend to miss out the neckbeard or ladybeard when limited; number remains useful for boss progress and wandoos ME is easily cappable. switching to XL makes you want the ladybeard more though

Yeah, I realized after postings it's way more situation dependent then just setting it and forgetting it until you get all seven slots

Pope Guilty posted:

I think I mentioned it before but you really don't want to go into Evil without the golden beard because due to the massive decrease in time machine leveling speed it's going to be your main source of GPS increases for a bit, and being able to make use of your Gold Diggers is going to help a lot. Maybe do a few rebirths to get some permanent levels built up first.

eta: When I hit Evil I was looking at like 2 or 3 hours, with all my magic dumped into time machine, for a single level.

I will definitely do that before Evil, I'm sitting at 5/7 on Troll Challenges right now and the last one I started running out of steam right as I was getting to the target so I'm going to push a bit more to the end of normal before doing another round of challenges.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Deki posted:

Trying out Synergism since I'm stalling a bit through the middle of evil on NGU, and it's pretty good even if there's very little info on what to do if you're stuck.

there are a lot of us (including me) at the absolute endgame and we can definitely get you over humps if you're real stuck

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

DariusLikewise posted:

Yeah, I realized after postings it's way more situation dependent then just setting it and forgetting it until you get all seven slots

I will definitely do that before Evil, I'm sitting at 5/7 on Troll Challenges right now and the last one I started running out of steam right as I was getting to the target so I'm going to push a bit more to the end of normal before doing another round of challenges.

Yeah knocking out challenges was literally the last thing I did before Evil, I did a few Blind challenges and hated them even though the longest one took like five minutes.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I love blind challenges because they (alongside troll) are the least boring.

I feel like I'm always thinking and doing something in them

No rebirth is fine too because they're just chill. I just kinda wind them up and let them go

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

So I'm playing Evolve and I have two questions: first, I managed to turn off my barracks and now have no soldiers, how do I fix that? second, how do I turn on power to my wardenclyffs (or however you spell that)?

e: Ugh, after letting my mind wander the intuitive solution came to me and I saw the green button in the other corner for both of them... at least now I won't get rolled over when the kingdom I've been raiding tries to strike back.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Aug 1, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Having trouble getting the 34th Challenge Completion in Ordinal Markup. I have 41 Manifolds, but idk what I need to build up to push my Challenge 8 OP up enough to get that next Challenge.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Xelkelvos posted:

Having trouble getting the 34th Challenge Completion in Ordinal Markup. I have 41 Manifolds, but idk what I need to build up to push my Challenge 8 OP up enough to get that next Challenge.

drop the singularity level to 1, get the w^w^4 reachable in base 5 challenge 8 singularity function, manually shift down to 5 and you should be able to do 14 and 15 (dont go to base 3 or 4)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 2, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

drop the singularity level to 1, get the w^w^4 reachable in base 5 challenge 8 singularity function, manually shift down to 5 and you should be able to do 14 and 15 (dont go to base 3 or 4)

I'm hitting a wall at 8.780e33 OP, regardless of base 5 or 4. I've never touched Base 3 in Challenge 8 since that requires 1e100 and I have the SF Upgrades as suggested by the Wiki

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm hitting a wall at 8.780e33 OP, regardless of base 5 or 4. I've never touched Base 3 in Challenge 8 since that requires 1e100 and I have the SF Upgrades as suggested by the Wiki

In that case just try buffing your aleph power a bit more if you're that close.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
All moved in! Had a small setback with one of my monitors exploding from the move, but I hope to be back in development action fully by the next week. Once I get the game's initial setup on Steam done I'll post some keys here for you guys!

Some pics of the new pad:

https://imgur.com/a/GrmfCgk

oh, and ofc the exploded monitor:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Congrats something!

Where do i take Synergism now?

I have all researches including 2x25 completed, but 3x21 to 5x25 are not unlocked, how do i unlock those?
Closing in on all runes maxed and all 4 talismans at 180 (2-4-5 spec)
Over e400 GC's
Ant multiplier is a couple of mil.

Im still miles away from completing C10; getting e250ish but need e1000.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

Congrats something!

Where do i take Synergism now?

I have all researches including 2x25 completed, but 3x21 to 5x25 are not unlocked, how do i unlock those?
Closing in on all runes maxed and all 4 talismans at 180 (2-4-5 spec)
Over e400 GC's
Ant multiplier is a couple of mil.

Im still miles away from completing C10; getting e250ish but need e1000.

You need to complete C10 to unlock more researches.
Talismans should be 1-3-5 for ants, then 1-2-4 for progression.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Welp, the guide says 2-4-5 for the period before C10

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

Try 1-2-4 and see how far that gets you, then switch to 1-3-5 and grind ant levels. The speed rune's blessing effect is amazing and makes everything way faster -- I get a 15 minute ant sacrifice in 2 minutes.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ineptitude posted:

That's only until you can trigger Prism Rune blessing, which is at 1000 combined levels between talismans and actual levels. As soon as you can trigger that, you go 1/3/5 and ride ants to glory, only swapping to 1/2/4 for pushing your particles and challenge completions periodically.

Your biggest roadblock will be green talisman fragments, because your first C10 clear really demands three red talismans.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So according to the helpful ON discord I should have no problems hitting sm15

Somehow I think they're wrong again?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

OM has a lot of potential factors that can gently caress you over. This includes giving advice if someone misremembers how high something should be for it to be good enough.

The biggest ones for preparing before going for a SM are:

- aleph upgrades, which in turn require
- aleph power (0-1-2, and if you've got aleph upgrade (AU) 7, aleph omega as well)
- whether you're skipping any previous SMs (SM20 in particular is notably impactful)

And within a run:

- challenge completions of course, with the SM objective limiting which ones are even possible
- challenge 8 decrementy / dark manifold farming
- incrementy / manifold farming (can be done during the final push to BHO; will have some pronounced breakpoints of really speeding up progress)
- booster upgrades used during the final push to BHO (1/2/3 as usual, until your SM target is so low you can't get that)

When in doubt, push to the next aleph upgrade (or however many past that, if they don't seem too far off) and get enough of a stock of aleph power that the multipliers visibly start moving again when you assign it out.

Vil fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 2, 2020

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Vil posted:

OM has a lot of potential factors that can gently caress you over. This includes giving advice if someone misremembers how high something should be for it to be good enough.

The biggest ones for preparing before going for a SM are:

- aleph upgrades, which in turn require
- aleph power (0-1-2, and if you've got aleph upgrade (AU) 7, aleph omega as well)
- whether you're skipping any previous SMs (SM20 in particular is notably impactful)

And within a run:

- challenge completions of course, with the SM objective limiting which ones are even possible
- challenge 8 decrementy / dark manifold farming
- incrementy / manifold farming (can be done during the final push to BHO; will have some pronounced breakpoints of really speeding up progress)
- booster upgrades used during the final push to BHO (1/2/3 as usual, until your SM target is so low you can't get that)

When in doubt, push to the next aleph upgrade (or however many past that, if they don't seem too far off) and get enough of a stock of aleph power that the multipliers visibly start moving again when you assign it out.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the problem is I'm not at 1e7 on each aleph thing which is what the pinned guide says to be at, but the smug posters in that discord seemed to think I should be significantly farther along than I am. If would be great if you could bulk boost BHO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Len posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure the problem is I'm not at 1e7 on each aleph thing which is what the pinned guide says to be at, but the smug posters in that discord seemed to think I should be significantly farther along than I am. If would be great if you could bulk boost BHO

that's what sm12 and sm10 are for

sm15 will take a while you just need to do a bit of decrementy/incrementy farming for upgrades that will speed it up