Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

ah yes a good battleground for representation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

MOLEST :clap: MORE :clap: MINORITY :clap: CHILDREN

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/ComradeToguro/status/1289716550845505536

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Epstein had a black friend.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

taqueso posted:

And his name was Albert Einstein.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

taqueso posted:

Chris Tucker, right?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Is this guy a psychologist? Thought that psychopaths as a type were a myth.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/tuds_mckenzie/status/1289683178672648192?s=21

(pretty sure this one's just a funny joke rather than whatever the gently caress Pinsen is trying to say).

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Wow, shocked to learn this. Jeffrey Epstein is canceled.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Happy Thread posted:

My uncle said the same thing of his time in the service. Specifically, he said he once witnessed an exercise where a "sonic weapon" was used on a cow, the cow's guts fell out, and then he was sworn to secrecy about it. No reason not to just tell family many years later. So I'm ready to believe it, I just haven't seen a convincing case for how it works or whether the effect has been reproduced by casual engineers.

Are you sure? The three videos you posted appear to just be of directional speakers. Kind of like LRAD, which is bad, but not as extreme as what's being discussed. There's no mention of the more allegedly dangerous components being talked about---the words "hypersonic" don't appear anywhere, or "ultra-low-frequency". The two latter principles are being pitched as key to the effectiveness of the alleged tool of mass chaos. If those principles exist and can be used as some sort of long-range secret weapon, it seems like some Youtube engineer would have independently tried it. Any demo of uncomfortably pulsing someone's head a mile away or through a building or something. Or any experiment of someone getting themselves sick using ULF sound.

That is are president

Went into a little dive into low frequency waves apparently you need miles of equipment to broadcast it. Its pretty cool sci fi idea tho, cell phones do gently caress with your brainwaves like depress alpha waves and poo poo and postpone sleep and poo poo. Makes me wanna write a story about it. But if there is a way to make alow frequency emitter that is mobile or better yet able to be weilded by one person is love to know

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

His mushroom became infected

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

why haven't we seen ghislaine's mug shot?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Trying to "Weekend at Bernie's" her.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Ain't no mugshot if you were never booked.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

pffft, you still believe in Ghislaine Maxwell? That's just a fairy tale they tell to scare kids

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

this is extremely important

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

twoday posted:

pffft, you still believe in Ghislaine Maxwell? That's just a fairy tale they tell to scare kids

You best believe in Ghislaine Maxwell

You're in one!

twoday
May 4, 2005

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

theyre the worlds most fearsome pedo team
the villians are named maxwell and epstein
this team is intelligence backed
they blackmail people on the inside track

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Stephen Hawking is cool but rude (G-I-V-E M-E A B-R-E-A-K)

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/dmills3710/status/1261493032135860226

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

The Kingfish posted:

Ellen Degenerate.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

China China 5G China

loving get a grip.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

quote:

The Gateway Pundit is an American far-right news and opinion website. The website is known for publishing falsehoods and spreading hoaxes. The Gateway Pundit expanded from a one-person enterprise into a multi-employee operation that is supported primarily by advertising revenue.

Vet your sources dawg

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 20:57 on Aug 2, 2020

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

really i trusted Twitter poster "liberty times and politics"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Why would the LDS be so concerned about the proper role of government?

Couldn't be their huge scandals covering up the pedophilia and sexual abuse that has pervaded every secretive power structure in this cursed world.

Must be persecution. They're so persecuted, they're the biggest recruiting pool for government agents.

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010
I wish that Seymour Hersh was working on the Epstein saga; he's dogged enough and has the intelligence community contacts to write and publish the crack ping heard 'round the world

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

in what loving way did Dan White "allegedly" kill Moscone and Milk?

what a weird account.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Happy Thread posted:

Are you sure? The three videos you posted appear to just be of directional speakers. Kind of like LRAD, which is bad, but not as extreme as what's being discussed. There's no mention of the more allegedly dangerous components being talked about---the words "hypersonic" don't appear anywhere, or "ultra-low-frequency". The two latter principles are being pitched as key to the effectiveness of the alleged tool of mass chaos. If those principles exist and can be used as some sort of long-range secret weapon, it seems like some Youtube engineer would have independently tried it. Any demo of uncomfortably pulsing someone's head a mile away or through a building or something. Or any experiment of someone getting themselves sick using ULF sound.
HSS, mentioned in the NYT article, became LRAD. The only teardown I could find shows that they are just directional speakers.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Shageletic posted:

Is this guy a psychologist? Thought that psychopaths as a type were a myth.

Why would you think that? Or are you distinguishing psychopaths vs sociopaths?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

OregonDonor posted:

I wish that Seymour Hersh was working on the Epstein saga; he's dogged enough and has the intelligence community contacts to write and publish the crack ping heard 'round the world

Who says he’s not?

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

GWBBQ posted:

HSS, mentioned in the NYT article, became LRAD. The only teardown I could find shows that they are just directional speakers.

LRAD is confusing because it's a brand and all the products i've been able to find details for aren't technically groundbreaking. they're just compact folded horns with battery packs, essentially the biggest megaphones money can buy. allegedly they have a product that's a fancy ultrasound device, like the stuff described in the nyt article, but none of the products i've seen disassembled are that, and none of the products i can find spec sheets or manuals for are advertised that way. they're all described the way you would advertise a conventional speaker.

the lawsuits filed against police for destroying people's hearing at the G20 summit in 2009 and again at an eric garner protest in 2014 name the LRAD 100X, which is just a really loving loud megaphone. being 30ft from it could be like putting your ear against a fire alarm. its directionality is more a function of its limited frequency response than a physics breakthrough, higher frequencies are more directional than lower frequencies. that's just as true of the "tweeter" in your bookshelf speaker as it is of a bullhorn, they don't produce low frequencies so the driver itself is fairly directional and you fire/bounce it through a horn (or a "waveguide" in higher end applications) to achieve the coverage pattern you want.

there is obviously more math involved in practically creating an ultrasonic device, but ultrasound can behave like a laser in large part because of its higher frequency (40KHz is what I always see referenced for these devices). the way its used to create audible sounds is basically distorting the air it's traveling through. you don't hear what the device is projecting, you hear the sound of a modulated ultrasound wave moving through the air. ultrasound travels faster than audible sound, and faster than your brain expects to process sound. it effectively hits both your ears at the same time which gives the sensation of being centered in your head. kind of like wearing headphones, if you're in the throw of an ultrasound laser you'll hear its playback as though it were panned center in a pair of headphones, your brain isn't going to localize where it came from.

its unclear what device police have mounted to their armored vehicles these days but the way they're using them makes them seem like a bullhorn, not a targeted ultrasound laser. i don't doubt the coast guard or military have long distance, high-powered sound-from-ultrasound devices but i've seen no evidence that's what the cops are using. i've encountered these devices in convention booths and on self-guided tours but i've never really played with them enough to know how they work. like do they sound louder when you get closer to them? does more power make them louder or do they just project farther? what about a higher frequency carrier wave than 40KHz?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

ChristsDickWorship posted:

its unclear what device police have mounted to their armored vehicles these days but the way they're using them makes them seem like a bullhorn, not a targeted ultrasound laser. i don't doubt the coast guard or military have long distance, high-powered sound-from-ultrasound devices but i've seen no evidence that's what the cops are using. i've encountered these devices in convention booths and on self-guided tours but i've never really played with them enough to know how they work. like do they sound louder when you get closer to them? does more power make them louder or do they just project farther? what about a higher frequency carrier wave than 40KHz?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmNzf9ztnAk Here's some prof at a Navy school claiming the one he has operates at 65KHz

Ultrasound at much higher frequencies was used for sonar imaging and medical ultrasound imaging.

Creating a coherent secondary wave takes a lot of math though, just pumping in more power can have the opposite effect of what you want.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Ah, good find. Looks like they can sort of pair an irritating ultra low frequency noise with an (also undetectable) aimable laser-like high frequency noise. One kind of piggybacks onto the other to form a new sound at the destination.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

where are the speakers i can sit on to blast my rear end with pleasure waves all day

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the lrad that makes u cum

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Can I offer you a sonic egg in this trying time?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/nyregion/esther-salas-roy-den-hollander.html

quote:

She said Mr. Hollander had compiled a dossier on her and her family, including their address in North Brunswick, N.J., and the church they attended.

Days before, Mr. Den Hollander, 72, had traveled by train to San Bernardino County, Calif., where he shot and killed a rival men’s rights lawyer at his home, the authorities said.

Hours after the shooting in New Jersey, the police found Mr. Den Hollander’s body off a road in upstate New York with a single gunshot to the head.

Mr. Den Hollander was a self-described “anti-feminist” with a record of virulently misogynistic and hateful writing. He represented the most extreme element of the men’s right movement whose online discussions in recent years have become increasingly menacing toward women.

He was apparently angry at Judge Salas for not moving quickly enough on a lawsuit he had brought challenging the constitutionality of the male-only draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1290280490339987457?s=20

there's no way something like this could be misused later is there? naaaahhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JPlcbW5aJs