Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Josef bugman posted:

What happens now though? White Chain has become a human lady instead of an angel lady, was Salami dave cut? What is going on? Ahhh!

I have no idea

and I loving love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Reach Gender Euphoria through Violence

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The KSBD Discord has a new emoji

:getin:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

TOTAL SELF REALIZATION

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Something definitely happened in that black panel with the white line. She cut him? She took some of his black flame to become human? She achieved some degree of royalty?

Can't wait to see. What an amazing development.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Thyrork posted:

PUNCH SO HARD YOU BECOME WHAT YOU MUST.

drrockso20 posted:

Think we might have new thread title here

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
White Chain says TRANS RIGHT FISTS!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Wittgen posted:

Something definitely happened in that black panel with the white line. She cut him? She took some of his black flame to become human? She achieved some degree of royalty?

yeah that panel + the one below it is drawn in the iconic anime "someone gets shot through" way

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

WHAT HAPPENS NOW? :vince:

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
This webcomic is the loving best!

There are NO contenders!

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable
The way I saw it is that she passed through him in her ethereal form and sort of stole some mortality to incarnate into flesh and blood.

Ah gently caress, I'm really happy for her. Absolutely love this poo poo.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Yoooooooooo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Get the gently caress in

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Wittgen posted:

I read it as ‘she passed right past him without touching him’ - and I don’t think Solomon can imagine passing over an enemy like that, because his hands are swords and his life is a prison.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Okay so White Chain won and her wish was instantly granted. Unfortunately, indecent exposure is a capital offense on Rayuba. Shame, but rules are rules.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Guess we know now why the Twin Souls technique never really caught on.

It requires a shell, and its inventor is done with those.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

:golfclap:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

???

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
No words

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Punching so hard you combine your punch-DNA into a punch-baby is not something I would have predicted in a million years yet is still totally in-character for K6BD

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Ashcans posted:

I really appreciate how we had like two dozen different suggestions on how this was going to go in the next couple panels, but no one even landed close to White Chain punching straight out of her shell as like... an organically embodied angel? Is that what this is? Who the gently caress knows, it's awesome
I mean, based on how Angels and the setting have been described up until this point, White Chain pinocchioing herself into a real girl, whether via Wish or punching, makes the least possible sense.

Dave killing or trying and failing to kill his surprise angel daughter would be supremely disappointing, but that's probably what's going to happen, because it's the tidiest way to show that his philosophy was bullshit and Dave was only ever about Dave

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I disagree that what happened makes the least possible sense. Specifically, the Art is lying in the face of God. White Chain can’t lie as an angel... but what happens when she has a truth that the universe has not recognized? She appears to have come face to face with the limit of her being and God blinked first, and that’s Royalty.

Born to Reincarnate
Creation is a gently caress
777,777 trans-substantiated angels.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Joe Slowboat posted:

I disagree that what happened makes the least possible sense. Specifically, the Art is lying in the face of God. White Chain can’t lie as an angel... but what happens when she has a truth that the universe has not recognized? She appears to have come face to face with the limit of her being and God blinked first, and that’s Royalty.

Born to Reincarnate

yisun told you to be whatever suits you so white chain has actually obeyed god the most of all angels

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i suspect what's about to happen is sol is going to collapse to his knees and have a tearful revelation over this increadible feat of royalty, proclaim white chain the new emperor or whatever she wants, yada yada yada, and halfway through the speech gog eats him

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

President Ark posted:

i suspect what's about to happen is sol is going to collapse to his knees and have a tearful revelation over this increadible feat of royalty, proclaim white chain the new emperor or whatever she wants, yada yada yada, and halfway through the speech gog eats him

yeah, i legit think this is going to make him happy, it's an insanely raw display of power and royalty and that's the one thing that he still can feel joy from. and what will make him unhappy is her telling him to go gently caress himself

regardless, fridging your trans character the second she gets self-actualization would be the worst move and i think tom's better than that

President Ark
May 16, 2010

eke out posted:

yeah, i legit think this is going to make him happy, it's an insanely raw display of power and royalty and that's the one thing that he still can feel joy from. and what will make him unhappy is her telling him to go gently caress himself

regardless, fridging your trans character the second she gets self-actualization would be the worst move and i think tom's better than that

no, gog eats sol, not WC

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

President Ark posted:

no, gog eats sol, not WC

oh yeah that last bit was re: DR and people saying he'd kill her above, not you, but didn't make that clear

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

You know, we've talked before in this thread about the orders of angels representing the successive powers that ruled Throne, and the possibility that a new order under Allison would in turn demand a new order of angels.

It's also come up that each of the orders maintain their armour, and bodies, in different ways.

I think White Chain just founded a new order.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

e: disregard i am a fool

President Ark fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 3, 2020

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Tenebrais posted:

You know, we've talked before in this thread about the orders of angels representing the successive powers that ruled Throne, and the possibility that a new order under Allison would in turn demand a new order of angels.

It's also come up that each of the orders maintain their armour, and bodies, in different ways.

I think White Chain just founded a new order.
Not a Thorn, not a Petal, but a Blossom.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Fleshknight

I'll see myself out...

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

White Chain is manifesting an honest to god soul flame on her brow.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Joe Slowboat posted:

Born to Reincarnate
A satisfying narrative twist is one that you don't see coming, but nevertheless makes sense in hindsight.

The whole arc of the angels and devils has been built around the idea that they are different from mortals and servants, and have to find their way in a universe that has been ordered by humans since Zoss split the firmament and humans gave masks to devils. Abbadon's comments and off-panel text as recently as the Allicio bit indicate that the cold white flame and hot black flame are not long term (or in many cases, short term) compatible with squishy mortal bodies and souls. Devils and angels both pay a price for their immortality, either in the need to consume, or in being static. The existence of Petals, for example, doesn't make any sense if being an angel is just something you can opt out of while still retaining a coherent identity.

It's not narratively satisfying to say, "actually this has been possible all along, just nobody in the whole history of the cosmos has ever tried it, every single one of them just assumed it was impossible" or "no one in general and White Chain specifically just didn't want it badly enough until right now."

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

holy god drat mother gently caress

this loving comic

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
:five:

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008
82 1 White Chain Born of Will Serves No Master

I love this turbo-anime webcomic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The true miracle is Abbadon beating his predicted time by five days. We don't deserve him.