Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
WATCH OUT BEHIND YOU, IT'S A ROVING POST OFFICE!

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

bump

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

drat, instructor got sick. first paraglide lesson was supposed to be in an hour :(

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ciaphas posted:

drat, instructor got sick. first paraglide lesson was supposed to be in an hour :(

Let gravity be your instructor! Just throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

couldn't even pull off that much; a miniature hill and a half-dozen kiting attempts ran me out of energy and time, and i accomplished so little i won't have time to finish tomorrow like i would have if i'd had saturday

not that it matters, a hike up to the real launch would have been death to my back and lungs. seems i haven't done enough for them this last year. guess i got work to do :shrug:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 3, 2020

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

today i went sailing in a laser at ~30 knot winds and capsized it three times, it was pretty fun and i recommend it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

couldn't even pull off that much; a miniature hill and a half-dozen kiting attempts ran me out of energy and time, and i accomplished so little i won't have time to finish tomorrow like i would have if i'd had saturday

not that it matters, a hike up to the real launch would have been death to my back and lungs. seems i haven't done enough for them this last year. guess i got work to do :shrug:

go hiking. then go again. repeat

Makeout Patrol posted:

today i went sailing in a laser at ~30 knot winds and capsized it three times, it was pretty fun and i recommend it

lmao, nice

I spent the afternoon at the beach acclimating my pup to all the things and noises. taking her camping in a few days :shobon:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i was supposed to be improving my endurance by biking, because i frankly dislike being on foot. always have

but lmao i just turned to ebikes instead, lazy bastard that i am, so i got no one but myself to blame anyway. no one gonna fix it for me either

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

god someone just give me a sixer before i dig any deeper :cripes:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 3, 2020

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

god someone just give me a sixer before i dig any deeper :cripes:

this should help

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i'm taking friday and monday off this weekend to go camping

just got home. swam in a lake, sat under a waterfall, and hung out around a fire with friends drinking beer. it was good

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

i went to the beach

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sweet

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I spent two days camping with my puppy

park was insanely full, which was weird for a Thursday/Friday :mad:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

apparently there have been a record number of bear attacks in US national parks this year and it's ascribed mostly to people trying to escape coronavirus by going camping for the first time ever

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

some guy drove up and asked if we knew of any available spots while looking around behind me. he definitely wanted to crash at my campsite lol

no thanks dude that's weird as heck

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

apparently there have been a record number of bear attacks in US national parks this year and it's ascribed mostly to people trying to escape coronavirus by going camping for the first time ever

[facepalm]

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

Life finds a way.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
definitely the cooler way to die of the two

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
outdoors thread: exit park, pursued by a bear

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
if you haven't read it yet or just need a laugh, read "death in yellowstone"

pretty sure typing out that sentence dooms me to being mauled by a moose and then thrown into a flesh-melting hot spring

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
posting from my hammock, in the woods

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

psiox posted:

pretty sure typing out that sentence dooms me to being mauled by a moose and then thrown into a flesh-melting hot spring

better that than lungs being mauled by a virus at least

... maybe

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

rode 15mi to another lake, but got there too late and it was full up, gates closed. rode back, battery died 2mi from home

moving 70# of gearless ebike with dead battery plus 35# of kayak stuff was... well, at least it wasn't hot yet?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

psiox posted:

some dumb lady got wrecked a few weeks ago because she tried to pet a bison, a wild animal the size of a truck, and it happens all the time

i couldn't handle being a park ranger

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

psiox posted:

“eaten in bear attack”

“dissolved by acid”

“carried out to sea on a wave of hot lava”

the coolest ways to die, our national parks make this possible for us all.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSmaxKQrcvQ

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

orb

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
took the camera out to see some baby llamas today

look at these fuckin dudes

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i love their pretty eyelashes

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i saw some llamas do an agility course type thing at the fair once and one of the obstacles was a wall of trash tied to strings like a bead curtain. the llamas had to steel their nerves to walk through the terrifying soda cans and ribbon pieces. another obstacle was allowing a judge to pet the llama, a very difficult maneuver

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

I just followed some farm on Instagram and all they do is post pictures of their little silly sheep

https://www.instagram.com/applefoxfarm/

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

bump

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

big same

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

went camping on the river last weekend

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nice

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

same but lake and this weekend

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

took the van on a short drive to a beach

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
col

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
imgur appears to have blocked either my IP or my entire ISP because every single request returns 403. and of course because they've effectively monopolized image hosting much like photobucket did circa 2002 this makes most of the internet unusable for me

really wishing I could just let the forest be my guide right about now