Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

well there were, but they were evil pricks and died

poor Kagrenac, thought of CHIM and died :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

I'm surprised no one has brought up ZOS' upcoming changes to pvp.

Basically ZOS is saying that lag in Cyrodiil is because tons of abilities are AOEs and blobs now have the capability with various abilities to provide people with neverending stamina/magicka so it's lagging things out as people spam these en masse in groups. They've done a bunch of optimizations but ultimately they don't feel they can fix it without doing some drastic things, so they are going to test some changes on the live servers when update 28 comes out next month. These changes are going to be some iteration of a 3 second cooldown on pretty much every AOE skill, but they will be iterating on different versions of it. More or less, will it be a global shared AOE cooldown or an individual AOE skill cooldown.

Needless to say, players who are paying attention to this are flipping out because it's a drastic change and classes like Templar that just spam jab (which is an AOE and is confirmed to have this cooldown on the PTS) are going to get hosed by this. Allegedly these changes will only be for pvp but we'll see.

Cutedge fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jul 29, 2020

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Cutedge posted:

Basically ZOS is saying that lag in Cyrodiil is because tons of abilities are AOEs and blobs now have the capability with various abilities to provide people with neverending stamina/magicka so it's lagging things out as people spam these en masse in groups. They've done a bunch of optimizations but ultimately they don't feel they can fix it without doing some drastic things, so they are going to test some changes on the live servers when update 28 comes out next month. These changes are going to be some iteration of a 3 second cooldown on pretty much every AOE skill, but they will be iterating on different versions of it. More or less, will it be a global shared AOE cooldown or an individual AOE skill cooldown.

Needless to say, players who are paying attention to this are flipping out because it's a drastic change and classes like Templar that just spam jab (which is an AOE and is confirmed to have this cooldown on the PTS) are going to get hosed by this. Allegedly these changes will only be for pvp but we'll see.

If it's only for pvp i'm happy. My wife plays a templar and whenever we duel she just knocks me down and jabs me to death. It's less useful in pve when the stuff it affects comes at you in groups anyway.

That's more a complaint about the templar i guess.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Cutedge posted:

As someone with a jabplar alt - gently caress em.

Jab is outright broken. Deadly Strike set + jab is an absurd and brain dead build - I can't think of anything that's less effort for the damage it puts out. My essentially ungeared jabplar does more dps with less effort that my fully geared warden.

I wouldn't shed a single tear for Jab getting nerfed into the ground because it's simply too good as a spammable and completely not in line with other abilities.

I'd say say fight me if you disagree, but you're probably a jabbplar if you do so you'll just mash jab and delete me while I'm trying to do my 20 step rotation....

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

I mean, it did always seem kind of goofy. I've been playing other classes lately because honestly the templar "rotation" is kind of boring because it is just hitting that one key over and over. I'm just seeing a bunch of people talking about just deleting their templar toons so :shrug:

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Cutedge posted:

I'm just seeing a bunch of people talking about just deleting their templar toons so :shrug:

Let me find the worlds smallest violin to play as they delete their pvp templar alts....

Or they could re-roll to a magplar that is also OP as gently caress but requires some minimal effort and has absurd levels of utility paired with very solid DPS.

I'm still waiting for the Light Attack changes that were planned for Greymoor - because I'm a weirdo and liked them. I expect even more "Canceling my sub!" whines if they ever roll it out - but they really really need to because light attack weaving is loving cancer.

Really weaving is pretty much the reasons the majority of players cannot hit the expected DPS numbers. DLC Vet trials are designed with the expectation that DPS classes will hit anywhere from 60-90k dps which you cannot do without weaving - it's absurd that content is designed around animation canceling.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Hasn’t that Templar skill been nerfed a bunch already and it’s still OP? Love it

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

Hasn’t that Templar skill been nerfed a bunch already and it’s still OP? Love it

iirc the Puncturing variant was nerfed to heal less, stamina variant lost knockdown.

I don't believe the damage output changed though - so it remains a solid spammable.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FileNotFound posted:

I'm still waiting for the Light Attack changes that were planned for Greymoor - because I'm a weirdo and liked them. I expect even more "Canceling my sub!" whines if they ever roll it out - but they really really need to because light attack weaving is loving cancer.

Really weaving is pretty much the reasons the majority of players cannot hit the expected DPS numbers. DLC Vet trials are designed with the expectation that DPS classes will hit anywhere from 60-90k dps which you cannot do without weaving - it's absurd that content is designed around animation canceling.

What are the light attack changes?

Also, yes holy gently caress weaving sucks and needs to die.

And designing content around it sucks, it makes the game less accesible when even normal mode requires that level of tryhard bullshit.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Error 404 posted:

And designing content around it sucks, it makes the game less accesible when even normal mode requires that level of tryhard bullshit.

Normal really, really isnt designed around optimal playing though. It doesnt require anything close to tryhard bullshit, even 10k dps on the dpsers and you'll clear most dungeons even without paying attention to mechanics.

(I like this btw. Normal is, and should be, for us casual, uh, lowlives)

valuum fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 29, 2020

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Error 404 posted:

What are the light attack changes?

Also, yes holy gently caress weaving sucks and needs to die.

Originally for Greymoor they planed to flip HA and LA - meaning LA would do less damage but restore resources while HA would do more dmg but not restore resources.

This is also why the new trial drops loot that is instantly deconstructed as it works off heavy attacks that nobody in the current meta uses.

The current meta is basically to never need to heavy attack - LA weave and cast abilities and chug potions as needed but never HA because that cuts down DPS.

ZOS rightfully felt that this high APM gameplay was creating a large divide in DPS between the pro button mashers and casuals who just use abilities and never weave. Reducing weaving light attacks to just being a resource generation tactic would reduce the DPS difference between the newbs and weavers.

This is important because nothing in the game teaches you about weaving so to say "that's how it's meant to be played" is a little absurd but nontheless is the community stance on weaving, made worse by the fact that the latest DLC dungeons are balanced around weaving - because the same community complained that the content was too easy because they weaved to hit hilariously high dps.

So ZOS planned to force people to use HA to deal dmg rather than light, you can still weave HA but it was still a DPS reduction and put the weavers and non weavers damage numbers much closer together. Needless to say the people who used to parse 95k and suddenly could only parse 70k lost their loving minds and the changes were scrapped.

You can do pretty much anything with 60k dps, so not doing 95k isn't an issue really, it didn't stop people from losing their loving minds and raging about "ded game uninstall"

As far as content designs around it, it's only the vet scaling for DLC dungeons - and there also has been much higher focus on mechanics rather than absurd DPS. Unhallowed Grave and Scalebreaker are a perfect examples of dungeons heavily focused on mechanics which can to an extent by bypassed with hilarious DPS.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
:aaa: Turns out this thing drops from Summerset coffers too. Not sure if the prices are right but wings on that chest are sweet.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

FileNotFound posted:

Jab is outright broken. Deadly Strike set + jab is an absurd and brain dead build - I can't think of anything that's less effort for the damage it puts out. My essentially ungeared jabplar does more dps with less effort that my fully geared warden.

I wouldn't shed a single tear for Jab getting nerfed into the ground because it's simply too good as a spammable and completely not in line with other abilities.

I'd say say fight me if you disagree, but you're probably a jabbplar if you do so you'll just mash jab and delete me while I'm trying to do my 20 step rotation....

FileNotFound posted:

Let me find the worlds smallest violin to play as they delete their pvp templar alts....

Or they could re-roll to a magplar that is also OP as gently caress but requires some minimal effort and has absurd levels of utility paired with very solid DPS.

Imagine admitting to an entire thread how aggressively bad you are by saying you get dumpstered by friggin' magplars of all things in a PVP context. LOL. Just LOL.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Imagine admitting to an entire thread how aggressively bad you are by saying you get dumpstered by friggin' magplars of all things in a PVP context. LOL. Just LOL.

Thank you for the quality post. I don't recall saying that I was any good at pvp - besides playing dressup with my tank - but good talk.

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010

FileNotFound posted:

I remember when stamplars were a meme and incredibly underrated. Gods I was strong then.

Jabs has been nerfed plenty, it's just been subject to the same power-creep that has affected the rest of the game.

The new aoe changes, while needed, are dumb and will put some classes into the ground.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

This is the sort of thing I expect to see on the official forums, not by decent human beings in this thread.

In other news; this event has been a great moneymaker. Going to hold on to most of the stuff for a while since I dont need more gold right now, the market sure is flooded.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

kaaj posted:

:aaa: Turns out this thing drops from Summerset coffers too. Not sure if the prices are right but wings on that chest are sweet.

What price checker is that?

I have been using all my drops but I am getting a few duplicates now so I am going to bank them but i'm interested in knowing what prices are.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Trastion posted:

What price checker is that?

I have been using all my drops but I am getting a few duplicates now so I am going to bank them but i'm interested in knowing what prices are.

He's running Tamriel Trade Center and Master Merchant.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Master Merchant hasn't been updated for almost a year and tends to break. Use Arkadius Trade Tools instead.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Oceanbound posted:

Master Merchant hasn't been updated for almost a year and tends to break. Use Arkadius Trade Tools instead.

Does that provide same functionality? Trade history across all guilds you are in etc?

I've no issues with Master Merchant beyond how long it takes for it to scan new sales.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

FileNotFound posted:

Does that provide same functionality? Trade history across all guilds you are in etc?

I've no issues with Master Merchant beyond how long it takes for it to scan new sales.

It should have all basic functions like the Sales and Purchase history and price checks, which is all I really use it for. I had to drop MM after it randomly decided to ignore one of my guilds, and reinstalling it didn't work.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
I didn't know about Arkadius Trade Tools, I got back to the game after a longer break and MM was what I was running before. I'll check it out though.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

FileNotFound posted:

Thank you for the quality post. I don't recall saying that I was any good at pvp - besides playing dressup with my tank - but good talk.

Don't mind him, Flooby is from Cleveland you see. He can't help it.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Oh those seem to be PC things. I was hoping for an app. I am on PS4 and just want to be able to check prices of things to see if they are worth selling\keeping.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Apparently someone mad about customer support hacked the game in EU. These aren't my videos, saw them posted on the official forum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtm-XtddiXQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar6lqX-pyUM

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I'm about to hit CP 160 so will want to finally shed this level 44 training gear I'm wearing and get actual good things. First up, can I get one of you guys to craft me some purple gear? I've got the mats, just need someone with the skills. I grabbed a crafting calculator and it spat out this: https://i.imgur.com/zsRJW9U.png which seems affordable?

Secondly, how much of a step up are veteran dungeons? The set bonuses that need the hat drops look really cool. I'd grab the overworld and crafted stuff before even trying, would that appreciably bridge the gap or am I still going to get my poo poo kicked in if I try to pub them?

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 4, 2020

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Deformed Church posted:

I'm about to hit CP 160 so will want to finally shed this level 44 training gear I'm wearing and get actual good things. First up, can I get one of you guys to craft me some purple gear? I've got the mats, just need someone with the skills. I grabbed a crafting calculator and it spat out this: https://i.imgur.com/zsRJW9U.png which seems affordable?

Secondly, how much of a step up are veteran dungeons? The set bonuses that need the hat drops look really cool. I'd grab the overworld and crafted stuff before even trying, would that appreciably bridge the gap or am I still going to get my poo poo kicked in if I try to pub them?

I can make that for you, (Maybe not in that style but who cares?) and I can run vet with you.

The only hard stuff is some of the DLC vet dungeons. You may get your poo poo pushed in if you pub the DLC dungeons, but largely it's due to failure to do the mechanics rather than lack of DPS.

Add @Mordgier

Edit: Also you can totally skip the crafted sets via chaining normal dungeons.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 4, 2020

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Somehow both my and my friend's accounts got into some state where we can't queue for dungeons, and when I log out and log back in my character is still listed as being in queue. ZOS gives wacky solutions on how to fix it (get someone to invite you, they queue and then leave queue and it should fix you), but none of them worked. So I've been talking to customer support who this morning just defaulted to "welp, submit a bug report and at some day in the future maybe the devs will fix it". So now I can't do dungeons or PVP :thumbsup:

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Cutedge posted:

Somehow both my and my friend's accounts got into some state where we can't queue for dungeons, and when I log out and log back in my character is still listed as being in queue. ZOS gives wacky solutions on how to fix it (get someone to invite you, they queue and then leave queue and it should fix you), but none of them worked. So I've been talking to customer support who this morning just defaulted to "welp, submit a bug report and at some day in the future maybe the devs will fix it". So now I can't do dungeons or PVP :thumbsup:

Can you just zone in?

Form a 4 man, go in manually?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

FileNotFound posted:

I can make that for you, (Maybe not in that style but who cares?) and I can run vet with you.

The only hard stuff is some of the DLC vet dungeons. You may get your poo poo pushed in if you pub the DLC dungeons, but largely it's due to failure to do the mechanics rather than lack of DPS.

Add @Mordgier

Edit: Also you can totally skip the crafted sets via chaining normal dungeons.

Cool, thank you, I've messaged you in game.

I could chain normal dungeons, but it seems like a good move to have a full set anyway with nice clean traits and quality, and it's a nice headstart, and it means I don't have to deal with the queue so much. I can always swap it out and keep it in storage. Kind of why I want purple rather than splurging, if I find I want to swap it out for something else I can do that without my brain going "hey remember how you spent every last piece of gold on that gear sitting in storage?????!!"

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Deformed Church posted:

Cool, thank you, I've messaged you in game.

I could chain normal dungeons, but it seems like a good move to have a full set anyway with nice clean traits and quality, and it's a nice headstart, and it means I don't have to deal with the queue so much. I can always swap it out and keep it in storage. Kind of why I want purple rather than splurging, if I find I want to swap it out for something else I can do that without my brain going "hey remember how you spent every last piece of gold on that gear sitting in storage?????!!"

Yeah queue is dumb - that's why I made a tank alt - instant queue. If I'm around tonight EST evening ping me and I'll log my tank on and we can instant queue some dungeons.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

FileNotFound posted:

Can you just zone in?

Form a 4 man, go in manually?

I haven't tried but I assume so. I might try going into a dungeon just as a 2 man just to see if it somehow dequeues us but I kind of doubt it.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Deformed Church posted:

I think I sent you gear - but not 100% certain I got your name right - let me know if it's MIA.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Is there a regular schedule to the discounts on crowns, I like to try and get a games premium currency on sale and I'm not sure how often it goes on sale?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

GarudaPrime posted:

Is there a regular schedule to the discounts on crowns, I like to try and get a games premium currency on sale and I'm not sure how often it goes on sale?

...why though?

The only two things worth getting are the banker and merchant.

Or buy crowns for giftable things with gold - or buy eso+ and you get some every renewal..

The crownstore in ESO is trash.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

FileNotFound posted:

...why though?

The only two things worth getting are the banker and merchant.

Or buy crowns for giftable things with gold - or buy eso+ and you get some every renewal..

The crownstore in ESO is trash.

Uh, because they want to?

To actually answer the question usually you can count on sales for Quakecon like now and I think Black Friday. They usually go on sale one other time during the year but it’s usually random during the first quarter of the year.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

jabro posted:

Uh, because they want to?

I'm not going to help a goon do something that I think is loving idiotic.

If they're planning to spend it on crown crates because the drop rate for them is poo poo:

https://www.crowncrates.com/

I absolutely do not recommend spending a penny on crowns in ESO. Get Crowns with ESO Plus sub - but not a penny more.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

FileNotFound posted:

I'm not going to help a goon do something that I think is loving idiotic.

If they're planning to spend it on crown crates because the drop rate for them is poo poo:

https://www.crowncrates.com/

I absolutely do not recommend spending a penny on crowns in ESO. Get Crowns with ESO Plus sub - but not a penny more.

Please tell us more about how we are allowed to spend our money.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Doctor Zero posted:

Please tell us more about how we are allowed to spend our money.

You're allowed to spend it however you want, and I'm allowed to tell you that it's idiotic to do it on crowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

FileNotFound posted:

You're allowed to spend it however you want, and I'm allowed to tell you that it's idiotic to do it on crowns.

Yes but only if you’re a complete dick. Just because you can give your opinion doesn’t mean you should.