Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Nebalebadingdong posted:

oh my gently caress :stare:

E: Jesus Christ it's almost the entire 8th edition wfb wood elves in 10mm

Forest Dragon Patreon makes the 3d files if you have a printer, he is about to start on Chaos Dwarfs :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Or you can buy them here. I hope this is helping :P

https://printingindetail.co.uk/

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

goodness posted:

Forest Dragon Patreon makes the 3d files if you have a printer, he is about to start on Chaos Dwarfs :D

it says he's doing vampires next

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
It'd be hilarious if he did Chaos Dwarves because he's really productive and that one kickstarter is still in limbo where the guy tried to start a full miniature pipeline with $12k and everyone went after him when he disappeared, including a miniatures company that paid him to design a line of terracotta warriors.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Nebalebadingdong posted:

it says he's doing vampires next

Oh yeah, I missed that on the poll. Chaos Dwarfs was runner up so hopefully its the next one! The quality is great.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Wow. Those 3d prints have crisper and smaller details at 10mm than any commercially sold 15mm I've ever seen. That is crazy. I wonder what kind of printer that is printed on?

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

The whole of the bb 2020 version has leaked all over Facebook. It's the kind of leak that makes you marvel at the guy who hosed up his job so fast

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That looks like a new Human team. Wonder if the Orcs are new as well.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Mr Owl posted:

The whole of the bb 2020 version has leaked all over Facebook. It's the kind of leak that makes you marvel at the guy who hosed up his job so fast
Could be a guerrilla marketing strategy which is sly like a duck!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Geisladisk posted:

Wow. Those 3d prints have crisper and smaller details at 10mm than any commercially sold 15mm I've ever seen. That is crazy. I wonder what kind of printer that is printed on?

They mention test prints on the FAQ

https://www.patreon.com/posts/faq-37651398

quote:

We test all of our prints using an Elegoo Mars with Elegoo standard grey resin

i dont know much about 3D printing, but an elegoo mars printer is pretty cheap. maybe the stores that are selling these are printing them on a better printer?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Geisladisk posted:

You can do that with the mars, photon, other ~$300 resin printer. Its honestly amazing what the tech is capable of at a hobbyist level.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Warmaster heroic scale 10mm is basically 15mm.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Nebalebadingdong posted:

They mention test prints on the FAQ

https://www.patreon.com/posts/faq-37651398

i dont know much about 3D printing, but an elegoo mars printer is pretty cheap. maybe the stores that are selling these are printing them on a better printer?

I wouldn't necessarily call that one cheap, printer prices have come down significantly in the last few years

I remember seeing a really good $200 resin printer a few months back, I forget the make or model and I'm phone posting atm

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
I'm optimistic about the rules changes to Blood Bowl, mostly because splitting Agility off into different stats/skills has been something I've discussed with friends in the past. That or moving to D8s or D10s makes such a difference.

My only concern is balance, as it could nerf some of the more fun builds for teams and push them into dull mono-build directions. The game doesn't need more teams that play exactly like Dwarves.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

glitchkrieg posted:

I'm optimistic about the rules changes to Blood Bowl, mostly because splitting Agility off into different stats/skills has been something I've discussed with friends in the past. That or moving to D8s or D10s makes such a difference.

My only concern is balance, as it could nerf some of the more fun builds for teams and push them into dull mono-build directions. The game doesn't need more teams that play exactly like Dwarves.

Have to say, not a fan. Throwers appear to be by far the best to attempt any kind of pass, so will be priority #1 for the other team to mash into the turf. For my Human teams, if I didn't take a Thrower, anyone else could stand-in. Now, good luck getting a pass off with a Catcher or Lineman. I have a hunch that grind teams will be more popular and anyone trying to use a passing team will need cages just to keep blocks off their Thrower.

Or people will just ignore this and continue on with the CRP or whatever version their league is using.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Looks like I'm getting some of them fancy 10mm wood elves. What's the best bases to use where to get them?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Looks like theres a new Blood Bowl team, Imperial Nobility
https://www.warhammer-community.com...loodbowl03Aug20

These guys look rad and full of character.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 3, 2020

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Looks like I'm getting some of them fancy 10mm wood elves. What's the best bases to use where to get them?

https://warmonger-miniatures.com/store/bases/

Characters can be based on anything really, but I like the round ones there for consistency.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Nebalebadingdong posted:

https://litko.net/ is also nice, especially if you like MDF instead of plastic for bases. Haven't tried their magnetic bases, but I've heard good things about those as well, if that's something you're interested in.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
If you want to be a real cheapass (like me) just use vinyl floor tile. It's less than a dollar for a 1' square. Cut it down to size with a utility blade and it glues & paints like regular plastic. For perfect round bases, grab a leatherworking tap hole-punch and you can knock out as many as you need. Here's my not-Skaven army based on this material.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Hihohe posted:

I don't know/give fucks about Ork Football but these guys have Venator written all the gently caress over them.

Also, I miss Spyrers.

:(

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Hihohe posted:

quote:

You see, Blood Bowl isn’t just the sport of the common man – for many in the upper echelons of Old World society, it’s also a burning passion. There are myriad nobles who, as lifelong fans of the game, want nothing more than to play out their fantasy as a star of the game. So, they do what any right-minded aristocrat with a vault full of gold does… they purchase their own team, the best players they can buy, and set off to live out their dreams!

Of these three models, two of them look pretty athletic, while one of them is tubby, and old, and significantly more ornate than the others.

What if this team has a bunch of absolutely fantastic players (i.e the star players the noble bought/hired), but you are forced to take one absolutely loving terrible player (the old/fat noble who owns the team and fancies himself a footballer), with special rules that force you to revolve your play around him? Stuff like he has to score at least half your goals?

I may be reading too much into this but that would own.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
I think you are reading too much into it and this guy is fat because he's a low MA Blocker.

glitchkrieg posted:

Yeah, honestly, there already isn't a lot of passing in the game and making less players capable of it looks like a really bad change to me.
In isolation, at least. There are other changes to passing in the leaks so who knows what's in the full rules?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Wizard Styles posted:

Yeah, honestly, there already isn't a lot of passing in the game and making less players capable of it looks like a really bad change to me.
In isolation, at least. There are other changes to passing in the leaks so who knows what's in the full rules?

This is my concern as well.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Yeah my fondest memories from my fumbbl days were the meta where three out of four teams were bashy teams. Running into chaos, then orcs, then chaos, and more chaos, and finally maybe a dwarf team. After which you reroll due to crippling injuries. That’s the best experience ever.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yes, but you see the tournaments are often won by the one-turners so the issue must be there.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Springfield Fatts posted:

If you want to be a real cheapass (like me) just use vinyl floor tile. It's less than a dollar for a 1' square. Cut it down to size with a utility blade and it glues & paints like regular plastic. For perfect round bases, grab a leatherworking tap hole-punch and you can knock out as many as you need. Here's my not-Skaven army based on this material.

Hell yeah I tried this but how do you stop it curling/being floppy?

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

Moola posted:

Hell yeah I tried this but how do you stop it curling/being floppy?

I used the vallejo filler as my basing material which dried hard as a rock and kept it from deforming with weight. I've heard if it's really bad add a coat of wood glue to the underside to add strength.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Moola posted:

I wouldn't necessarily call that one cheap, printer prices have come down significantly in the last few years

I remember seeing a really good $200 resin printer a few months back, I forget the make or model and I'm phone posting atm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6H3-7yeTRU

glad i found this video. this shows the difference between a commercial print and a home print for those wood elves

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
A home printer could probably do closer to the commercial version than that, even. The hobby printer example in that video looks overexposed a bit which is why details like the branches are blown out.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

lilljonas posted:

Yeah my fondest memories from my fumbbl days were the meta where three out of four teams were bashy teams. Running into chaos, then orcs, then chaos, and more chaos, and finally maybe a dwarf team. After which you reroll due to crippling injuries. That’s the best experience ever.

I absolutely don’t disagree with you, I’m just unconvinced that’s the changes they are making will do anything to alter this

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

darnon posted:

A home printer could probably do closer to the commercial version than that, even. The hobby printer example in that video looks overexposed a bit which is why details like the branches are blown out.

I only watched a few minutes, does he go into print profiles or material used, print beds, temp etc? These can all have a huge effect on quality

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Nebalebadingdong posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6H3-7yeTRU

glad i found this video. this shows the difference between a commercial print and a home print for those wood elves

Thats more like the difference between commercial and an ok home print. With the right settings they will be near identical.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Moola posted:

I only watched a few minutes, does he go into print profiles or material used, print beds, temp etc? These can all have a huge effect on quality

It was SLA resin, but doesn't say printer model or resin. So there's variables like z-layer height and exposure time that affect fine detail. The bluish tint kind of looks like the mix of Siraya Blu/Elegoo Gray that's popular, but that stuff is really viscous which can also clog fine details if you don't have a heated build chamber. For that reason I hacked a PTC heater and thermostat controller onto my Photon.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I went splits on a Beastgrave box before the quarantine and though my friend and I have yet to get together to play a game, I now have three warbands painted. The Underworlds model of "cheap box of 3-8 guys" is pretty much perfect for me- interesting sculpts of colourful weirdos for cheap, each a perfect size for a project- done before I get bored of a particular type of model. I even find the coloured plastics charming.

I hope the game is fun :ohdear:

thocan
Jan 18, 2014

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

...The Underworlds model of "cheap box of 3-8 guys" is pretty much perfect for me- interesting sculpts of colourful weirdos for cheap, each a perfect size for a project- done before I get bored of a particular type of model...

The longer I'm involved in these hobbies, the more I realize that's how I am as well. I just don't have the focus to keep painting the same thing for a month+. Even through quarantine and a three week furlough I haven't finished painting my nids army and keep detouring onto smaller side projects. Like my brain would rather have a completely painted force for a game I'll never play over finishing the army for the game I will play.

Still hoping to find a Necromunda and Warcry group when things start to go back to normal a bit.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

I went splits on a Beastgrave box before the quarantine and though my friend and I have yet to get together to play a game, I now have three warbands painted. The Underworlds model of "cheap box of 3-8 guys" is pretty much perfect for me- interesting sculpts of colourful weirdos for cheap, each a perfect size for a project- done before I get bored of a particular type of model. I even find the coloured plastics charming.

I hope the game is fun :ohdear:

These are awesome. And you’re in luck, the game is great.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I understand that it's priced that way for a reason, but I can't get over how cheap Underworlds warbands are compared to regular AOS models. A Kharadron Aether-Khymist is $35 CAD, and for $5 more, you can get Thundrik's Profiteers- which includes Thundrik (an Aether-Khymist) along with four other dudes and the cards!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I thought Beastgrave had something to do with Frostgrave and was very confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Has the teams list from Blood Bowl come out? The one I read on reddit was only a theory based on how many pages were in the contents.

It sounded like Amazons are gone :(. I loved played Amazons :(

It sounds like the passing game has been nurfed into the ground like an Ogre double dice block, with only 1-2 per team able to do it :(.