Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

In my head I want a full fat sim racer, but really when it comes down to it I actually just really want something a la Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport and if PCars3 can give that to me I'm really excited. The no cold tires thing seems weird, though.

yeah, I think that's exactly what I want, especially since there's no literal or figurative room for a wheel in my life right now. I wish Forza 7 was on Game Pass (I know the next one will be but lol 2021), since there's not really any other game in town - GT Sport is extremely weird, and GRID is pretty widely reviled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Apparently this is the spreadsheet

:laffo: at some of the gems in the extra information section:

It's bullshit but a lot of places work that way. If too many people are qualifying for pay rises or bonuses they change the curve so fewer people can achieve it. A dogshit practice but pretty standard.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This one is just super depressing:

quote:

I've been at Blizzard for 16 years from QA, to Cineimatics, to Heroes of the Storm, and then back to QA after the cut. My salary, I feel, should be much higher especially after those 10+ years in an Animation Development position.

Salary? 61.5k

e:

quote:

13 year veteran, usually getting 3% or higher raises.
Salary is 36k :negative:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 4, 2020

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Considering how many are in Irvine those salaries are pretty meh with some being outright atrocious.

Is "Game Master" like a WoW moderator? I guess I'm surprised they pay those guys at all

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

These salaries are rage inducing when you factor in that Blizzard Entertainment is one of the most successful game developers ever for profit, and that Blizzard is located in a part of California that is one of the most expensive places in the world to live.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in! posted:

These salaries are rage inducing when you factor in that Blizzard Entertainment is one of the most successful game developers ever for profit, and that Blizzard is located in a part of California that is one of the most expensive places in the world to live.

About 243 of those employees are not making a livable income for where Blizzard is located. Its actually probably close to about 275 in that survey.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This one is just super depressing:

Salary? 61.5k

I make more than this person by almost $15,000 and i've only been working for 4 years in a customer service role.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 4, 2020

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Macaluso posted:

Tried to play Fall Guys, stuck on Looking For Players twice, eventually both times ended with "no match found"

:shrug:

Worked for me on PS4 earlier today, but I did get a server error after finishing so I didn't get any rewards. I imagine they're just getting a ton of players at the moment.

Thoughts on the game is that it was pretty fun but a little less chaotic than I was hoping for.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MMF Freeway posted:

Considering how many are in Irvine those salaries are pretty meh with some being outright atrocious.

Is "Game Master" like a WoW moderator? I guess I'm surprised they pay those guys at all

Moderating a game as big as WoW or FFXIV is a full time job, yeah. Nothing like moderating a dead comedy forum in scope.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

The whole reason why this role gets paid at all actually is because of a court case involving game masters in Ultima Online over 20 years ago.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Wonder how many of those 2019 hires where to fill roles form the walkout last year

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

finally was able to perfectly emulate Punch-Out Wii and Muramasa, overjoyed I never have to use the Vita/Wii again now and can just play these two uprezzed. No idea why Muramasa never got moved onto current-gen stuff when Vanillaware did it for Dragon's Crown/OdinSphere. As for Punch-Out, it would work so well on Switch but I doubt it will ever get ported again.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I make more than this person by almost $15,000 and i've only been working for 4 years in a customer service role.

are you hiring

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

finally was able to perfectly emulate Punch-Out Wii and Muramasa, overjoyed I never have to use the Vita/Wii again now and can just play these two uprezzed. No idea why Muramasa never got moved onto current-gen stuff when Vanillaware did it for Dragon's Crown/OdinSphere. As for Punch-Out, it would work so well on Switch but I doubt it will ever get ported again.

muramasa, like dragon's crown and odin sphere, are available on sony's current-gen handheld, the playstation vita

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

stev posted:

It's bullshit but a lot of places work that way. If too many people are qualifying for pay rises or bonuses they change the curve so fewer people can achieve it. A dogshit practice but pretty standard.

Our workplace did just that. I think they redid the career paths four times within ten years. I remember the first time it happened. I had way more certifications and projects under my belt than required. I just needed three more months at the company. I commented to my manager and he told me, "Oh yeah, all promotions are on hold. They are going to rework the career paths." Yeah, that didn't happen for another six months. Each time they just increased the requirements. I haven't heard a peep about career paths in maybe seven years or so now. I remember finding out I had a senior title years ago when I noticed the Exchange address book said I was one. Our HR person was horrible back then. They were hiring people fresh out of college and paying them the same or slightly more than people who had been working for years. I remember getting a 10% anniversary increase one year, and months early to try to make up for the mistake. Then they had to increase salaries a number of times because they were below market value. Hell, one year my salary went up more than I made in my first year.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

About 243 of those employees are not making a livable income for where Blizzard is located. Its actually probably close to about 275 in that survey.

But they get to work in the field they're Passionate for, and that means they come out ahead :unsmith: :3:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Weedle posted:

are you hiring

We just finished new hiring last week. :(

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

gently caress, I get paid better after 13 years teaching at a nonprofit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think I'm gonna make gyudon today.

Will probably do some FF14 weekly content and maybe this evening the Fall Guys servers will be stabilized

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Will probably do some FF14 weekly content and maybe this evening the Fall Guys servers will be stabilized

i'm playing on ps4 now

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
There's no thread for Fall Guys? Is nobody playing it?

Its dumb but its super fun, its dumb fun. Seems worth $20 to me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

August chat thread is now the Fall Guys thread

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I played maybe half an hour of Fall Guys earlier and it was really fun. Can’t wait to play more.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What is it

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I've worked the same job for 16 years and make 9k a year, and I still feel bad for those Blizzard employees :(

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

takeshi's castle battle royale

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looked like Mario Party battle royale but with like eight different minigames

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

CubeTheory posted:

I've worked the same job for 16 years and make 9k a year, and I still feel bad for those Blizzard employees :(

9k???????

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Its like Wipeout / Most Extreme Elimination Challenge / Takeshi's Castle as a videogame, complete with things that knock you over and fake walls.

Its Mario Party as an MMO.

Its Fortnite Mario.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I haven’t had a soccer game in Fall Guys were my team hasn’t been stomped 4-5 to 0

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Eh, I have an extremely bad back, and talking to doctors and older family members has led me to believe that 40+ hours of week of on my feet labor means I ain't gonna be walking by the time I'm fifty, so I only work short, light shifts for 20 hours a week to try and extend the life of my back. Unfortunately, you don't get disability for working less preventatively, I'd have to, ya know, actually give up my ability to function to get that.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

homeless snail posted:

takeshi's castle battle royale

wow i didn't realize i wanted this

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Doritos Crash Course walked so Fall Guys could run

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
This Blizzard spreadsheet story was covered on NPR's Marketplace show this evening. Seems like it's making real waves.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Fall Guys looks fun as hell but I'm worried it would get old quick

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

Fall Guys looks fun as hell but I'm worried it would get old quick

Yeah, but it's a PS+ game.

So it's basically just a lovely game to your current sub

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah i've played it for 45 minutes and i'm already kind of bored of it, free is a good price

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I did not have an onion on hand so I just used slices of green onion, but onions are the standard for this for better liquid absorption and sweetness. Thinly-sliced beef and green onion simmered in a liquid of chicken broth, soy sauce, dashi, and mirin until reduced. I also added basil and spinach. Served on a bed of rice and with a soft-boiled egg (which I marinated in the cooking liquid ahead of time. I also marinated another egg for ramen later this week)

The reduced broth being absorbed by the rice is one of the best parts of this

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Um any tips?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

C

Jay Rust posted:

Um any tips?

Conceptualization would call you a coward for asking for help. YOU KNOW WHAT MUST BE DONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

it's 2020, you're 100% right