Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No More Toast
May 11, 2013

Atheist! Imperialist!!

I hope it's true and they're actually LARPing.

The idea of ex-World of Darkness roleplayers moving away from Lestat-style vamps and towards Colin Robinson-style vampirism is :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Is your bartender named Jackie?

Mine is, but he's a Regular Human Bartender.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

escape artist posted:

THAT CAN'T BE TRUE

I WISH I was joking but I'm currently sat across from him and have just been reminded that he audibly clears his throat every 15 seconds and has done this for the last two months :unsmigghh:

e: FUHking guy!

Concatenation fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Aug 3, 2020

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Concatenation posted:

I WISH I was joking but I'm currently sat across from him and have just been reminded that he audibly clears his throat every 15 seconds and has done this for the last two months :unsmigghh:

e: FUHking guy!

Recommend this show to him!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I just watched the entirety of both seasons in the last couple of days

New favorite show

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also the show is very funny and the actors are very funny but to me it is even funnier that Nandor is just like, this random Persian uncle vampire

His mannerisms and accent and the way he says fahking guy are all peak Persian uncle. His ghost also spoke entirely in Farsi and the joke that his horse Jahan is now just John after 200 years living in New York is too good

The way he drops into the hard Q and heavy D in Al Qalnadar makes me laugh every time

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Persian Frank Zappa!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I watched the final episode of season 2 without realizing it was the final episode.

On the one hand, it was excellent.

On the other hand, I have no more WWDITS to watch :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Track down Wellington Paranormal!

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Der Shovel posted:

I watched the final episode of season 2 without realizing it was the final episode.

On the one hand, it was excellent.

On the other hand, I have no more WWDITS to watch :smith:

I'm pleased to say from my perspective so far it is absurdly rewatchable.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Astroman posted:

Mine is, but he's a Regular Human Bartender.

Now THIS is a post. :golfclap:

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://youtu.be/A-bBCUlPHyw

Haven’t had chance to watch this yet, but I’m sure it’s fun.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Mr Boods had never seen (nor read) Interview with the Vampire which is currently running on BBC iPlayer. Thus, I chose it as our Sunday night film. I haven't seen it in years, and Tom Cruise is still an awful choice for Lestat.

But it was great experiencing it with Mr Boods, especially with him commentary. 'What, wait is this where they got the idea for the Theatre des Vampires?' and 'Ha ha, since they killed the vampire, they should have a vampiric counsel -- shhhiitttt OFF! I thought it was a joke!' &c.

Also the fact that he didn't recognise Christian Slater and was genuinely, 'Wait, HE was in the film?' (This happens all the time -- he didn't recognise Tom Cruise, fair enough, but yeah. It's what I live with).

Anyway, naff film in many ways, but it will enrich our next run through WWDitS :buddy:

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
I watched IWTV a few months ago because it was going to be featured on one of my favorite podcasts (Two Old Queens) and I was astonished how bad it was. Everything was so silly, and Brad Pitt's character was just awful. KDunst saved it.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.
Man, if Interview with the Vampire is a bad movie (and I'm not arguing against that fact), what would that make Queen of the Damned? :v:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A plane wreck

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

A plane wreck

A plane that wrecked into a building, perhaps.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Man, if Interview with the Vampire is a bad movie (and I'm not arguing against that fact), what would that make Queen of the Damned? :v:

A worse movie.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Milo and POTUS posted:

A plane wreck

I see what you did there

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Tom Cruise eats all the scenery in Interview with the Vampire and I love it. I loving love that movie regardless of it's obejective quality though.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That movie is stone cold Good, IMO. Its main problem is being 90s as gently caress, but I certainly think it adds to the charm.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
A motorcycle crashing through a window into a helicopter will always be cool prove me wrong

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Something about Haley Joel Osment’s zombie yelling “High Five!” while beating Guillermo over the head with his detached arm will never not be funny to me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I haven't watched it in years so maybe I'd dislike it now, but I loved Interview with the Vampire and thought it was another example of just how good Tom Cruise can be when he plays a horrific monster of a man instead of trying to be the eternally youthful heroic leading man.

Anyway, it gave us Antonio Banderas as a vampire which in turn gave us Guillermo, so it can't be bad.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The movie ends with Brad Pitt cutting a bunch of vampires in half with a scythe, it's awesome.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always felt bad for the lady vampire that only gets to exist for like 4 hours before she gets scorched by the sun.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I'm realizing I don't remember jack poo poo about that movie.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
Speaking of campy vampire poo poo there's a 3 part Dracula movie on Netflix that's pretty terribly bad. Only watch the first part imo, the ending of the trilogy is exceptionally dumb.

I sincerely asked myself more than once 'am I meant to be taking this seriously?'

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
It's a stephen moffat piece so yes

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Shadow of the Vampire is the best.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

The first episode is pretty bad too.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

The ending of that Netflix Dracula is Dracula realizing all his fears are just in his head and sunlight doesn't hurt him and crosses don't burn him and now he gets to live a normal day walking life in London partying forever. But the true curse is his immortality! The end.

It felt like a real gently caress you to the audience.

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 14, 2020

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah best to avoid Stephen Moffat these days. He was decent when he was writing on spec. 20 years ago.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

As a giant Moffat fan... holy poo poo his Dracula mini-series was a loving travesty. It was utter dogshit, the worst thing he wrote since the final episode of Sherlock.

Sherlock :sigh:

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

As a giant Moffat fan... holy poo poo his Dracula mini-series was a loving travesty. It was utter dogshit, the worst thing he wrote since the final episode of Sherlock.

Sherlock :sigh:

Oh no Dracula got online and hired a lawyer from the prison he is in and now we as a shadow organization created to fight him must now let him go.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
One day we are going to find out that Moffat has an identical twin who is a really awful writer.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Another Bill posted:

The ending of that Netflix Dracula is Dracula realizing all his fears are just in his head and sunlight doesn't hurt him and crosses don't burn him and now he gets to live a normal day walking life in London partying forever. But the true curse is his immortality! The end.

It felt like a real gently caress you to the audience.

Wait, does Dracula still kill and eat people in the miniseries? Is he just allowed to keep killing and eating people?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Wait, does Dracula still kill and eat people in the miniseries? Is he just allowed to keep killing and eating people?

Indeed he does. Literally the only vaguely interesting idea the show has is that he also absorbs some of the memories and potentially character traits of the people he eats (at one point he needs to speak german to seduce an old lady, so just chows down on a german cabin boy) and has this thing where he's trying to be a connosiour of people, only eating the best and most interesting (i.e. posh) people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Dolly Wells is pretty good in the series, I wouldn't mind seeing her character get a miniseries.

And in Dracula's defense it's mostly the third episode that is complete poo poo, before that it is a pretty good adaptation.