Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

That is absolutely 100% epstien on the badge lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Trump Soaked Ham

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Hearing reports that Joe Biden has just mastered the kickflip

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Get hosed Arizona

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/305906786408480770?lang=en

Maria Juana
May 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress you

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Maria Juana posted:

gently caress you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-DuOmA75lI

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Maria Juana posted:

gently caress you

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Maria Juana posted:

gently caress you

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

big nussy big life

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xojCXUfzjSY

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i first head this song in the commercial for the microsoft surface studio ad and it owned

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Nichael posted:

hey now that the august 4th races are done

THERE IS NOTHING LEFT BUT DELAWARE

https://www.jessfordelaware.com/volunteer

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/jess-cspam

i have a draconian politics policy and it sort of matters in my position what your pay to play laws are and I don't know your pay to play laws (im assuming they actually don't exist in delaware bc lol delaware) but, hypothetically speaking, do you process donations from Mickey Mouse, a real US citizen?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ngle

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/auroraintel/status/1290893339059945472?s=21

:rip: that grain silo

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Schmoe Cwead posted:

real men tame the sphincter

be a man. ride the sphincter like a fremen on a sandworm

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

cumshitter posted:

"maker hooks"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

cumshitter posted:

wow that's very sexist of you. are you saying women can't tame the sphincter??

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

crazy some of it is even still standing

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress both of you!!! im a spry 49.75 years young and youre probably on deaths door!!!

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCTMTflcuug

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

thats a TNT equivalent slightly higher than this big rear end explosion that destroyed a town/pier and a bunch of ships:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Chicago_disaster

quote:

The Port Chicago disaster was a deadly munitions explosion that occurred on July 17, 1944, at the Port Chicago Naval Magazine in Port Chicago, California, United States. Munitions detonated while being loaded onto a cargo vessel bound for the Pacific Theater of Operations, killing 320 sailors and civilians and injuring 390 others. Most of the dead and injured were enlisted African American sailors.

In all, the munitions on the pier and in the ship contained the equivalent of approximately 2,000 short tons (1,800 t) of TNT

At 10:18 p.m., witnesses reported hearing a noise described as "a metallic sound and rending timbers, such as made by a falling boom."[27] Immediately afterward, an explosion occurred on the pier and a fire started. Five to seven seconds later[17][31][32] a more powerful explosion took place as the majority of the ordnance within and near the SS E. A. Bryan detonated in a fireball seen for miles. An Army Air Forces pilot flying in the area reported that the fireball was 3 mi (4.8 km) in diameter.[32] Chunks of glowing hot metal and burning ordnance were flung over 12,000 ft (3,700 m) into the air.[17] The E. A. Bryan was completely destroyed and the Quinault was blown out of the water, torn into sections and thrown in several directions; the stern landed upside down in the water 500 ft (150 m) away. The Coast Guard fire boat CG-60014-F was thrown 600 ft (180 m) upriver, where it sank. The pier, along with its boxcars, locomotive, rails, cargo, and men, was blasted into pieces. Nearby boxcars‍—‌waiting within their revetments to be unloaded at midnight‍—‌were bent inward and crumpled by the force of the shock. The port's barracks and other buildings and much of the surrounding town were severely damaged. Shattered glass and a rain of jagged metal and undetonated munitions caused many more injuries among military personnel and civilians, although no one outside the immediate pier area was killed.[33] Nearly $9.9 million worth of damage ($143.8 million in 2019) was caused to U.S. government property.[34] Seismographs at the University of California, Berkeley sensed the two shock waves traveling through the ground, determining the second, larger event to be equivalent to an earthquake measuring 3.4 on the Richter magnitude scale.[35]

All 320 of the men on duty at the pier died instantly, and 390 civilians and military personnel were injured, many seriously. Among the dead were all five Coast Guard personnel posted aboard the fire barge.[36] Two hundred-two of the dead and 233 of the injured were African-Americans, which accounted for 15% of all African-American casualties during World War II.

After the fires had been contained there remained the gruesome task of cleaning up‍—‌body parts and corpses littered the bay and port. Of the 320 dead, only 51 could be identified.

Beirut was around 10% more powerful than this explosion, and it happened in an area with 100x the population (though maybe fewer people directly next to the explosion, as it came from a burning warehouse instead of ships being loaded). They're probably gonna find a lot of bodies :(

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

that Beirut crater, Holy Moly. catching up on some of the local reports and it's terrible. real dark days ahead for them

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i wouldnt be caught dead on my penny farthing without my strawboater hat and tiny harvard flag. innaccurate. 0/10, nice try losers, nobody will believe thats me

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

motha fucka...

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

cumshitter posted:

i wouldnt be caught dead on my penny farthing without my strawboater hat and tiny harvard flag. innaccurate. 0/10, nice try losers, nobody will believe thats me

i thought kids wore those hats with the spinny propeller thing on top

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
bike riding is an event, you get dressed up for it. like going to the movies or getting on a plane

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Rah! posted:

thats a TNT equivalent slightly higher than this big rear end explosion that destroyed a town/pier and a bunch of ships:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Chicago_disaster

Beirut was around 10% more powerful than this explosion, and it happened in an area with 100x the population (though maybe fewer people directly next to the explosion, as it came from a burning warehouse instead of ships being loaded). They're probably gonna find a lot of bodies :(

dang!! thats a bonkers one

i rly only knew about texas city

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

also, amazing:

quote:

A month later, unsafe conditions inspired hundreds of servicemen to refuse to load munitions, an act known as the Port Chicago Mutiny. Fifty men‍—‌called the "Port Chicago 50"‍—‌were convicted of mutiny and sentenced to 15 years of prison and hard labor, as well as a dishonorable discharge. Forty-seven of the 50 were released in January 1946; the remaining three served additional months in prison.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I wonder how many lives that row of silos saved by standing tall.

I am a silo stan. mark it.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

:chloe:

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

i've been following these threads since 2016 and i don't ever remember seeing Axios until now what the hell

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

Bulgakov posted:

i thought kids wore those hats with the spinny propeller thing on top

too modern maybe? I think we're talking more about a bonnet situation here

frilled up as hell

animist
Aug 28, 2018
lmao trund

:d2a:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Bootleg Trunks posted:

i've been following these threads since 2016 and i don't ever remember seeing Axios until now what the hell

who?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

the people who just interviewed tormp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Bootleg Trunks posted:

huh, not sure why. it's politico vets from 2016 with millions in funding from rich as poo poo succ dems, designed specifically for digital content to go viral

it's the Lincoln project of the left, essentially