Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

pseudorandom posted:

I've started posting/lurking in the Discord, so I figured I should actually start posting/lurking in the actual forum. Hello! :shittydog:

I really like tropical storms. They're the perfect balance of being weak enough to not really worry about them, but strong enough to be really fun to watch.

hello and welcome from one PR to another.
that's already my nickname though so don't get any big ideas

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

some hot pr-on-pr action itt

alnilam

prepuce repurposed posted:

I left California after living there 18 months and I think it's because I couldn't watch storms there. They don't even know what it's like to watch storms. Ask fluffie. I bet u she couldn't even spell storm because it's such a foreign idea.

TL;DR: watching storms owns

I just moved out west to OR and the main things i miss are storms and fireflies :(

It's great otherwise though

ty manifisto

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

I just moved out west to OR and the main things i miss are storms and fireflies :(

It's great otherwise though

Fireflies are one of the most magical, BYOBish things. I'd hate not to see them.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Fireflies are one of the most magical, BYOBish things. I'd hate not to see them.

:love: they are my spirit animal

Areola Grande

Robot Made of Meat posted:

moving west is a big trade-off. no humidity means no bugs. imagine a whole summer with no mosquitos and no humidity. it's pretty dope until u realize there also aren't any seasons or weather aside from rain in the winter

that was my NorCal experience anyway

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
I've made a decision that I am going to become a different type of poster. We'll see if A) I actually do at any point, and B) If I can stick to it

Manifisto

moving west is a big trade-off. no humidity means no bugs. imagine a whole summer with no mosquitos and no humidity. it's pretty dope until u realize there also aren't any seasons or weather aside from rain in the winter

that was my NorCal experience anyway

I found I really missed warm nights. fireflies too, but the whole proposition that going out in the evening to stargaze or whatever would involve warm clothing and blankets was always kind of lame

I am not a big fan of humid heat, but in the evening when things have cooled down it can be kind of magical

ty nesamdoom!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I am normally a pretty benevolent person who wishes all other humans wealth and happiness until hurricane season when I turn into a misanthrope obsessively checking the NWS Tropical page every morning and getting evil schadenfreude when hurricanes go literally anywhere else because I've lived through enough of those thank you very much you can have a turn if you like. Ivan and Katrina a year apart was plenty for me thanks.

the weather the day after a hurricane really is usually nice though, and it might even be pleasant if it wasn't spoiled by the sound of chainsaws and generators and sweating!

Happy all my postin pals took the hit for me and weathered the storm okay though!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Musluk

Hi Byob, up early again in a f'd up timezone because my cat thinks my shins are fair game for biting. Hope everyone experiencing storms make it safe.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

here is a chill track I made for a goon jam as a present for the kind people here in byob

https://soundcloud.com/gautier-gillon/i-and-i

Gave most songs there a listen, very chill.

I liked Baba the most though!

pixaal posted:

I'm pretty sure the only standards for refresh everything including the cache on a page are
control + shift + r
shift + f5

Nah, it's chrome forcing another standard - shift-f5 opens up the performance monitor on my firefox lol. ctrl-f5 used to be the standard for a long while. mozilla still lists it as the default keybind for example.

Vanisheerrrrrr!!!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Every evening in Florida has a five minute max violent thunderstorm. It's weird as hell but kind of cool

alnilam

Musluk posted:

Nah, it's chrome forcing another standard - shift-f5 opens up the performance monitor on my firefox lol. ctrl-f5 used to be the standard for a long while. mozilla still lists it as the default keybind for example.

Yeah shift f5 does something completely different on firefox check your privelege chromeboi :o:

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

alnilam posted:

Yeah shift f5 does something completely different on firefox check your privelege chromeboi :o:

No Chrome no masters. :hai:

Musluk

Barking Gecko posted:

No Chrome no masters. :hai:

:haibrow:

Vanisheerrrrrr!!!

alnilam

Pizza night opinion: pizza, is good

ty manifisto

BleedingPhoenix

The Flames of Disaster are closer than you may think.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

here is a chill track I made for a goon jam as a present for the kind people here in byob

https://soundcloud.com/gautier-gillon/i-and-i

This is really relaxing, listening to it at night is the best :dance:

City of Glompton

BleedingPhoenix posted:

This is really relaxing, listening to it at night is the best :dance:

:agreed:

also hi bleedingphoenix wb how you been?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

FluffieDuckie

I left California after living there 18 months and I think it's because I couldn't watch storms there. They don't even know what it's like to watch storms. Ask fluffie. I bet u she couldn't even spell storm because it's such a foreign idea.

TL;DR: watching storms owns

We moved to Cali from Texas and yeah I kind of miss giant thunderstorms. I think I’ve heard light thunder maybe 5 times in the 20 years we’ve lived here and we all got real excited.

Otoh You can count on it never raining during the summer so nothing ever gets rained out.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Twenty Four

alnilam posted:

Gimme da cache

5th element has so much good things in it, I love this guy being the worst armed robber ever and his hat and the little dance he does moving off camera

nut

avast

Goons Are Gifts

I have to confess

I love you all

redm

same

Finger Prince

That warehouse that exploded in Beirut, holy poo poo. When I was a kid we learned all about the Halifax harbour explosion of 1917 in history class. That was, from what I can find, about 2900 tons of high explosive and obliterated half the city. This was reportedly 2700 tons of ammonium nitrate. So not far off. When you read the historical reports of that explosion, then see the footage from Beirut, it's almost beyond comprehension. Anyway I just wanted to share that sense of perspective. I saw this picture:
https://i.imgur.com/zu21F0z.jpg
It's like a ~6m diameter meteor hit.
I'm sorry for an unchill post but chills down your spine count too right?

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
post Post POST POST POAST!!!

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

:siren:

caution, a virus has been detected

:siren:

Prof. Crocodile

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

post Post POST POST POAST!!!

City of Glompton

good morning byob happy wednesday

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Manifisto

goode mungoe

ty nesamdoom!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

redm

time for season 4

sig by Manifisto

Khanstant
i kept hitting snooze this morning because in my dream i was supposed to be rewarded with "a field of good bumps" in it but going back to sleep i never got my promised boon

Manifisto

Khanstant posted:

i kept hitting snooze this morning because in my dream i was supposed to be rewarded with "a field of good bumps" in it but going back to sleep i never got my promised boon

lame

when you get back to sleep tonight, ask to see the manager

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

you know when a curb cut on a sidewalk has those yellow bumpy panels, when my baby sees those she says "bump, sit that bump" cause she likes sitting down on that panel and touching the bumps

that is a field of good bumps imo, i hope yuo find yours

ty manifisto

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

you know when a curb cut on a sidewalk has those yellow bumpy panels, when my baby sees those she says "bump, sit that bump" cause she likes sitting down on that panel and touching the bumps

that is a field of good bumps imo, i hope yuo find yours

you're baby may be an aspiring rap artist

alnilam

the bump panel sit is your chance to touch the bump

ty manifisto

City of Glompton

feeling v byob rn. mr. glompton found an undamaged pbr on the road while he was out for a walk

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

City of Glompton posted:

feeling v byob rn. mr. glompton found an undamaged pbr on the road while he was out for a walk

It's a yobmas miracle

Areola Grande

City of Glompton posted:

i'm surprised he didn't just drink it on the spot. going for a beer walk is my favorite kind of walk. u can rlly feel the slosh

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

mediaphage

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

i'm surprised he didn't just drink it on the spot. going for a beer walk is my favorite kind of walk. u can rlly feel the slosh

i don't like holding stuff forever so i prefer beers around tables or shelves. like in the shower, where i have a suction cup shelf. shower beers are good beers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musluk

mediaphage posted:

i don't like holding stuff forever so i prefer beers around tables or shelves. like in the shower, where i have a suction cup shelf. shower beers are good beers

But then I have to wash extra hard to get the beer out of my hair!

:haw:

Vanisheerrrrrr!!!