Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I don't follow industry trends, but can someone more familiar with video card business explain why Nvidia would release anything other than the 3080 and 3080 Ti this year or really any time soon?

The 2070 Super and 2060 Super are still selling like hotcakes above their original MSRP. It seems to a layman that while the high-end enthusiast market will always upgrade to the newest thing, releasing high-midrange cards would just be competing with themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Manager Hoyden posted:

I don't follow industry trends, but can someone more familiar with video card business explain why Nvidia would release anything other than the 3080 and 3080 Ti this year or really any time soon?

The 2070 Super and 2060 Super are still selling like hotcakes above their original MSRP. It seems to a layman that while the high-end enthusiast market will always upgrade to the newest thing, releasing high-midrange cards would just be competing with themselves.

Actually those parts are becoming more scarce because they're winding down production in the lead-up to the RTX 3000 series launch. Usual disclaimer about rumors, etc.

This is really more a topic for the GPU thread though.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

sean10mm posted:

Actually those parts are becoming more scarce because they're winding down production in the lead-up to the RTX 3000 series launch. Usual disclaimer about rumors, etc.

This is really more a topic for the GPU thread though.

Ah, didn't know there was one! Thanks

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Yeah, I’m open to anything really. How would I go about doing this?

Sorry I'm not confident enough in my knowledge to give specific purchasing advice. Typically I think people look at places like Craig's list and eBay for deals on office Dells and the like.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Manager Hoyden posted:

RDNA 2.0 is scheduled to release this year come hell or high water according to AMD. Regardless of whether "Big Navi" beats Nvidia for the best video card on the market or not, midrange AMD cards will enter the market in Q4. If you were Nvidia, would you risk not releasing mid-range products yourself during the 1 to 2 month window you have where you have exclusivity on next-gen tech?

I am just some dude on the internet but it seems unlikely that they will hold back on the mid-range lineup nor is there a lot of noise on the internet saying that they will. Finally, the fact that AMD is relevant again in this space would be the 3rd leg on which this argument that Nvidia won't dribble out products over time rests on.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
A buddy of mine is currently looking at this:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($72.99 @ B&H)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $467.96

Is the R5 3600 still the mid range bang for your buck recommendation?

Is there any reason to jump to a B550 board? From what I understand if you want a board that implements a lot of what the B550 can offer over a B450 (e.g., front panel USB-C, faster WiFi/LAN, probably missing something), you're looking at closer to $200 than $100.

What would be the benefit of upping the SSD to something like an ADATA SX8200 Pro for another $30 or so?

Case, PSU and GPU are being reused for now (he has a 1060 6GB and is going to wait to see what happens with next gen cards).

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Splinter posted:

Is the R5 3600 still the mid range bang for your buck recommendation?

Is there any reason to jump to a B550 board? From what I understand if you want a board that implements a lot of what the B550 can offer over a B450 (e.g., front panel USB-C, faster WiFi/LAN, probably missing something), you're looking at closer to $200 than $100.

What would be the benefit of upping the SSD to something like an ADATA SX8200 Pro for another $30 or so?

Yes.

Not really, though modestly priced B550s are now available such as the $130 MSI B550M Bazooka.

Very little if he's just a desktop & games person. The thing that makes the SN550 cheap is lack of dram cache, which on NVMe drives mostly only impacts heavily random read+write which is not normal for most people.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Check your local craigslist. I got 2 totally decent monitors for $10 each for a budget build I did earlier this month (that was a crazy deal, but it's easy to get something for $40 that's totally serviceable).

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Also office liquidation stores. They have tons of those Dell Inspiron workstations. It’s kind of lovely that many offices are going all laptop these days but you’ll still find a lot of 5+ year old desktops at liquidation shops.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
holy gently caress ssd are game changer
before i needed 4 minutes between powering up my computer and opening chrome, now i only need...23 seconds.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, it’s like magic.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, it’s like magic.

i only had a normal sata cable so the thing is not at full power, legit impressed

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

OK, listening to all the feedback, I changed the build up to:
1. Have a medium case
2. Use a fan rather than liquid cooling
3. Switch to a better motherboard
4. Go nuts on RAM

With the caveat that I should maybe wait for the next generation of cards to come up in September?

I'm wondering if I can temporarily throw in a lower-quality card for like $100 to plug the interim - I'm not super concerned about my graphics being out of the park right now, I mostly care about compile times.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor ($429.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($129.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($219.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card ($499.99 @ Best Buy)
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1524.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-03 15:50 EDT-0400

Couple pages back but, from personal experience, avoid that power supply line if you haven't already ordered. I had that exact same model start powering off under load after 18 months, and I don't even work my computer that hard. Go with Corsair or EVGA 80+ Gold if you can spring for them.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Zeta Acosta posted:

i only had a normal sata cable so the thing is not at full power, legit impressed

If I'm not mistaken, the cable shouldn't matter, they're interchangeable. It's the SATA port on your mobo that matters (SATA2 or 3)

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Rinkles posted:

If I'm not mistaken, the cable shouldn't matter, they're interchangeable. It's the SATA port on your mobo that matters (SATA2 or 3)

thanks

Question:
this card
https://www.gigabyte.com/cl/Graphics-Card/GV-RX570GAMING-8GD-rev-20#kf

is going to fit this cabinet?

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/CS1-carcasa-computadora-1420-Plus-Computer-Sistemas/dp/B00BWUBRPY

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

It's tough to say for sure, but looking at one of the few complete builds for that case on PCPP someone has a 223mm card in the case with some room to spare and this card's only a centimeter longer so you should be alright.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
This is just for playing FO3/FNV/FO4 and Stellaris on a big-rear end 1920x1080, I don't have much interest in newer stuff.

Notes:
1. Boot media is a year old Rocket 512 NVMe that I've never used (discovered too late the difference between SATA and NVMe M.2s but figured I might as well keep it for a future build, more fool I)
2. It looks like the 3300X is completely unavailable, is the 3100 good enough? It's assholes clearing stock.
3. Meshify C stronk.
4. Additional storage to be added as-needed.
5. The video card is proceduraly chosen from "Is 1650S, has two fans"
6. The PSU is proceduraly chosen from "Is Corsair, Is Gold or better, Is semi- or full-modular"

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Amazon)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300X (~130 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI B450M BAZOOKA MAX WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($93.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($68.98 @ Amazon)
Video Card: *Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card ($169.99 @ B&H)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($93.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: *Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Corsair)
Total: $666.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-05 10:13 EDT-0400

:ohdear:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 5, 2020

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005

Schadenboner posted:

2. It looks like the 3300X is completely unavailable, is the 3100 good enough?
Not for that price, that's not too far off a Ryzen 3600

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
This isn't an emergency purchase and it looks like the 3300X is going to release at 130 so you're probably right.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Schadenboner posted:

This isn't an emergency purchase and it looks like the 3300X is going to release at 130 so you're probably right.

Do you need built in wifi? If not you can save a few bucks with a non-wifi board.

That ram costs like $10 more than some other CL16 3600 RAM so you could shave off a few bucks for that by going with G.skill ripjaws CL16 3600 instead. Nothing wrong with that Corsair RAM of course.

The 1650 Super should be fine for Fallout 4 at 1080p60 and high settings. IIRC the MSI Gaming X version is the best cooled/quietest 1650 Super but it's up to you if it's worth $20 more, otherwise the 2 fan Gigabyte should be perfectly fine I'd assume. 1 fan cards are generally lovely for noise though.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

sean10mm posted:

Do you need built in wifi? If not you can save a few bucks with a non-wifi board.

That ram costs like $10 more than some other CL16 3600 RAM so you could shave off a few bucks for that by going with G.skill ripjaws CL16 3600 instead. Nothing wrong with that Corsair RAM of course.

The 1650 Super should be fine for Fallout 4 at 1080p60 and high settings. IIRC the MSI Gaming X version is the best cooled/quietest 1650 Super but it's up to you if it's worth $20 more, otherwise the 2 fan Gigabyte should be perfectly fine I'd assume. 1 fan cards are generally lovely for noise though.

I'd prefer WiFi because a move is imminent and, while running Ethernet currently involves about an 18" span, I can't be sure where the drop in the new place will be.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Schadenboner posted:

The 3300X is already released, they're just rare as hens teeth and immediately sell out. Getting one for $135 is possible but involves :f5h:ing.

Schadenboner posted:

6. The PSU is proceduraly chosen from "Is Corsair, Is Gold or better, Is semi- or full-modular"

Is fine criteria, but with PSU availability being what it is you could also consider Seasonics, which IMO is equal quality at the same Gold or better level. Newegg has had the ~$100 seasonics available pretty regularly, partly because pcpartspicker isn't seeing them right now. (I could understand wanting Corsair only if you have an existing Corsair with modular cables that you want interchangeable.)

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Klyith posted:

The 3300X is already released, they're just rare as hens teeth and immediately sell out. Getting one for $135 is possible but involves :f5h:ing.

Well poo poo. How much of a hit is the 3100 versus the 3300X (in practical terms and assuming I can get one for about 120 not the 150 which, as previously noted, is way high)?

Klyith posted:

Is fine criteria, but with PSU availability being what it is you could also consider Seasonics, which IMO is equal quality at the same Gold or better level. Newegg has had the ~$100 seasonics available pretty regularly, partly because pcpartspicker isn't seeing them right now. (I could understand wanting Corsair only if you have an existing Corsair with modular cables that you want interchangeable.)

No, I'm just paranoid about PSUs and I want to pay for the Corsair label to pretend I have any control in the late-capitalist hellscape where every PSU probably comes off the same factory lines in Shenzhen? But I'll adjust the criteria.

E: Oh, I'd like to be able to play Metro 2033 Redux as well but that's an FO4-level title right?

E2: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/92LFRk

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 5, 2020

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Thanks for the help guys. I found a desktop PC for sale near me:

Dell OptiPlex 7010 Desktop PC, Windows 10 Pro, 250GB hard drive, 16GB Memory, Intel Core i-5, Office 2013, Adobe reader, Microsoft Antivirus, Edge,Chrome,Internet Explorer, Firefox, DVD-RW, 10 USB ports, 2 Display ports, 1 VGA port, built in speaker, headset & speaker port, mouse, keyboard, and monitor.

One hundred for the whole thing. Seems like a good deal? I'm emailing to see how big the monitor is.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Dell OptiPlex 7010 Desktop PC, Windows 10 Pro, 250GB hard drive, 16GB Memory, Intel Core i-5, Office 2013, Adobe reader, Microsoft Antivirus, Edge,Chrome,Internet Explorer, Firefox, DVD-RW, 10 USB ports, 2 Display ports, 1 VGA port, built in speaker, headset & speaker port, mouse, keyboard, and monitor.

One hundred for the whole thing. Seems like a good deal? I'm emailing to see how big the monitor is.

I don't think this is common in the full-size optiplex's anymore but double check that it either has a spare power connector for a GPU or has standard motherboard power connectors so that you can swap in any ATX power supply. It used to be common for Dell to have like a bunch of random 4-pin power connectors all over the board instead of a single 24-pin + EPS so you had to use a specific PSU that didn't have a connector for GPU power.

Otherwise, seems like a decent deal, though I have a feeling that the 250gb drive is HDD not SSD, if that's the case then you definitely want to plan on getting an SSD too.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Love that they list the web browsers as a feature haha.

You'll want to get an SSD as well but yeah that looks like a good start.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Scruff McGruff posted:

I don't think this is common in the full-size optiplex's anymore but double check that it either has a spare power connector for a GPU or has standard motherboard power connectors so that you can swap in any ATX power supply. It used to be common for Dell to have like a bunch of random 4-pin power connectors all over the board instead of a single 24-pin + EPS so you had to use a specific PSU that didn't have a connector for GPU power.

Otherwise, seems like a decent deal, though I have a feeling that the 250gb drive is HDD not SSD, if that's the case then you definitely want to plan on getting an SSD too.

Is the SSD all I'll need, or should I replace the Intel Core i-5 too? 16 GB is probably enough RAM, should I ask what type it is? If that matters I mean. Since the video card isn't listed I assume I'll need one of those too, now that I give it a closer look.

Edit: So I don't spam this thread with my dumb questions, here's another possible deal nearby. HP Pavilion 550-153w, Intel Core i3 3.70 GHz, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, GPU/VGA Type Intel HD Graphics 4400, 180w. Bit of a downgrade in the processor but at least it comes with an SSD. Asking price is 250. No monitor though, it looks like. I'd still need a graphics card, right?

a fatguy baldspot fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 5, 2020

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Is the SSD all I'll need, or should I replace the Intel Core i-5 too? 16 GB is probably enough RAM, should I ask what type it is? If that matters I mean. Since the video card isn't listed I assume I'll need one of those too, now that I give it a closer look.

I mean, for the price it's probably got a Sandy/Ivy Bridge CPU, the only real upgrade outside of an entire mobo/cpu/ram swap would be to a i7-3770. If it's Sandy Bridge you'll want to check if Dell has a BIOS for that Optiplex that supports Ivy Bridge, I have a USFF Optiplex (790?) that came with a 2500 and cannot support Ivy Bridge either because Dell didn't want to bother making a BIOS for it or because the chipset on the board can't. You'll also want to check if it's really necessary for what you're playing since a 3770 is about $100 on eBay so it's effectively as much as the rest of the system. Try playing whatever it is you want to play on it first and if you find that it's constantly maxing out CPU on all cores while playing then it's worth considering. I got a pretty nice performance boost on my last gaming rig going from a 3570 to a 3770 but if your games work fine with whatever's already in it then stick with that until it's not enough.

16gb is fine for RAM, type doesn't really matter, especially with older Intel chips.

Yeah, it's very unlikely that there's a video card included so that's something you'd have to plan for as well. It's rare for any workstation PC to include one and if it did it'd probably still be worth replacing at those prices.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Edit: So I don't spam this thread with my dumb questions, here's another possible deal nearby. HP Pavilion 550-153w, Intel Core i3 3.70 GHz, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, GPU/VGA Type Intel HD Graphics 4400, 180w. Bit of a downgrade in the processor but at least it comes with an SSD. Asking price is 250. No monitor though, it looks like. I'd still need a graphics card, right?

yes

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Is the i3 significantly worse for the types of games I play (Stellaris, CK3, League) than the i5?

Scruff McGruff posted:

I mean, for the price it's probably got a Sandy/Ivy Bridge CPU, the only real upgrade outside of an entire mobo/cpu/ram swap would be to a i7-3770. If it's Sandy Bridge you'll want to check if Dell has a BIOS for that Optiplex that supports Ivy Bridge, I have a USFF Optiplex (790?) that came with a 2500 and cannot support Ivy Bridge either because Dell didn't want to bother making a BIOS for it or because the chipset on the board can't. You'll also want to check if it's really necessary for what you're playing since a 3770 is about $100 on eBay so it's effectively as much as the rest of the system. Try playing whatever it is you want to play on it first and if you find that it's constantly maxing out CPU on all cores while playing then it's worth considering. I got a pretty nice performance boost on my last gaming rig going from a 3570 to a 3770 but if your games work fine with whatever's already in it then stick with that until it's not enough.

16gb is fine for RAM, type doesn't really matter, especially with older Intel chips.

Yeah, it's very unlikely that there's a video card included so that's something you'd have to plan for as well. It's rare for any workstation PC to include one and if it did it'd probably still be worth replacing at those prices.

Cool, thanks for the help. I'm fine sticking with the i5 if it's good enough. I think I have enough info to get started with this basic shell, so I'll have more questions for you guys whenever I pick it up. Thanks again.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What's the max ram an MSI B450-A Pro can take without overclocking?

I have DDR4 2133 in there now, but was looking to upgrade a little and add more ram. Got a Ryzen 2700x in there now.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Is the i3 significantly worse for the types of games I play (Stellaris, CK3, League) than the i5?

Cool, thanks for the help. I'm fine sticking with the i5 if it's good enough. I think I have enough info to get started with this basic shell, so I'll have more questions for you guys whenever I pick it up. Thanks again.

An i5 is probably always going to be better than an i3 at just about anything (assuming they're the same generation) but for Stellaris it seems like the solution is really to just chuck RAM at the problem until the days start ticking again. A video card helps as well (Intel integrated graphics are never good) but you can easily get by with the cheapest last-gen discrete (not sure what that would be these days though) unless you're looking to play at like 1440 (and the UI becomes even more hella annoying at that point, IMO).

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I have DDR4 2133 in there now, but was looking to upgrade a little and add more ram. Got a Ryzen 2700x in there now.

By overclocking do you mean you want to avoid XMP? Because that's a pretty standard feature. I'd consider just dumping/seling the old ram and getting 3200mhz sticks.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-A-PRO/Specification

According to the support page it supports up to 128 gigs of 3466mhz ram

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Max as in max amount? 128GB (32GB per stick) with a Ryzen 2000 or 3000 if you've updated the BIOS.

Like, the reason to buy a used biz desktop is to save money, as soon as you start looking at CPU upgrades it's not gonna be price effective anymore versus a cheap 3400G system.

Def get the i5 and put your own SSD in it, a 120GB SSD is kinda miserably small and who knows how old / good it is. A 500GB SSD is cheap.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Schadenboner posted:

Well poo poo. How much of a hit is the 3100 versus the 3300X (in practical terms and assuming I can get one for about 120 not the 150 which, as previously noted
E2: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/92LFRk

Not much of a hit in your use case. You said you don't care about newer games right?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

MikeC posted:

Not much of a hit in your use case. You said you don't care about newer games right?

Nah, Fallout 76 apparently hasn't gotten better over time and new 40k titles are rarely processor-murderers (they tend to be XCOMalikes not FPSes).

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

By overclocking do you mean you want to avoid XMP? Because that's a pretty standard feature. I'd consider just dumping/seling the old ram and getting 3200mhz sticks.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-A-PRO/Specification

According to the support page it supports up to 128 gigs of 3466mhz ram

I mean mean the ram type, I don't overclock anymore and I don't really care to do it.

I'll look into 3200 then.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Just to make sure I've gotten this right, this is a pretty good deal at 109 bucks, right? All I'd need would be a monitor and a graphics card.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Hey, folks.

After upgrading my old GPU as advised itt I grabbed an 860 QVO 1TB SSD to upgrade away from my HDD next. But since the SSD is so smol I haven't installed it yet due my old case not being able to hold it. My uncle (my usual go-to in PC matters) advised me to buy an icy-dock so that I can just slot the SSD in there instead of looking for a tray to hold the SSD inside of my case. Seems sensible to me since I have a bunch of space for "drives" at the top part of my case. Wanted to move the SSD there anyway since the HDD is currently at the bottom of my case and gets into conflict with the heat of my new GPU when both are taxed. It shoots up to 54c pretty quickly in such a case so I'm avoiding any such activities for now until my SSD is up and running.

Anyway... icy-dock yay or nay?

And what model should I as a general consumer grab? Currently looking at the flexiDOCK MB521SP-B since that seems to be what I want/need but I could be wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
why dont just bolting it on the chassis? thats what i did