Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I can't believe there is finally a likeable character in Rental Girlfriend and it's the friend of the main character who beats him up and tells him what a piece of poo poo he is.

You don't like Chizuru? I thought it was mainly Kazuya and Mami who are unlikable assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Ranzear posted:

I'll need a screenshot of that to add to my collection.

Bonus:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Nitrousoxide posted:

You don't like Chizuru? I thought it was mainly Kazuya and Mami who are unlikable assholes.
She’s not an unlikable character, but Kazuya clearly has no spine was going to keep inventing lies that put her in awkward situations to put off saying they were breaking up (until this episode? But I’m sure that’s going to be walked back because it’s too early in the series) and it was getting frustrating that she kept playing along instead of just leaving him to clean up his mess.

Friend character punching Kazuya and saying what everyone is thinking was the first time I’ve been rooting for a character, whereas I just want Chizuru to escape from this situation.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

InspectorCarbonara posted:

She’s not an unlikable character, but Kazuya clearly has no spine was going to keep inventing lies that put her in awkward situations to put off saying they were breaking up (until this episode? But I’m sure that’s going to be walked back because it’s too early in the series) and it was getting frustrating that she kept playing along instead of just leaving him to clean up his mess.

Maybe, maybe not. There are four girls in the OP and we've only seen two of them. I would imagine one or two of the other ones are also rental girlfriends. So she may not be saddled with his sorry rear end forever.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Mami is by far my favorite character in Rental Girlfriend. She and the main character are perfectly terrible for each other and I hope Chizuru escapes and they get back together.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

I just binged this season last week, incredibly enjoyable. Hibiki brings such best girl energy.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Vahtooch posted:

I just binged this season last week, incredibly enjoyable. Hibiki brings such best girl energy.

All 5 seasons? Or just up to G?

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

Spiritus Nox posted:

All 5 seasons? Or just up to G?

So far I've just watched the original and G. Gonna keep going thoguh once I've had a week or two off. It's the perfect blend of really really dumb and super wholesome. Plus I'm always here for a music anime even before it was actually magical girls.

As cancer as Reddit is, I found one dude who was doing an actual musical analysis on all the songs and that was really fun and interesting.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1291524456607895557?s=20

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yashahime (Inuyasha Sequel) trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM_fkwDB-Xg

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh no is that Miroku and Sango's kid

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Bigmerang

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kaede still alive? Interesting.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wait how is Kaede still alive?!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also Dai key visual

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1290936858386538507

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I hope this show looks good

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh no is that Miroku and Sango's kid

Am I alone in thinking that this looks better than Boruto

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Willo567 posted:

what a ridiculous question, everything looks better than boruto

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Also, VAs for the leads

Towa: Sara Matsumoto (That girl Namida in the aforementioned Boruto, she's a very new VA otherwise)
Setsuna: Mikako Komatsu (Joey in Heroman, Marika Kato in Bodacious Space Pirates, Madoka Kaguya in Star Twinkle Prettycure)
Moroha: Azusa Tadokoro (Aoi Kiriya in Aikatsu, Murasaki Edoyama in Tokyo ESP, singer of the Daimidaler ending theme)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Willo567 posted:

i'm sure plenty of people with more attachment/nostalgia for inuyasha think the same

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
ugh why does inuyasha get a sequel? who asked for that?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Freakazoid_ posted:

Who asked for a sequel to Naruto, Dragon Ball Z or Shaman King? Also, I'm pretty sure it's to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the anime

dogsicle posted:

i'm sure plenty of people with more attachment/nostalgia for inuyasha think the same

I actually didn't grow up with Inuyasha. It was Naruto that got me into anime/manga, but the series just went off the rails near the end.

Plus, I don't find Boruto to be as charming as his dad. On the plus side, Sarada isn't cancerous like her parents are

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 7, 2020

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

The manga is a bigger seller than Sailor Moon, and the fanfiction community around the story is absurdly gigantic. Lots of people asked for this.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Freakazoid_ posted:

Wow I can't believe an insanely popular manga and anime could get a sequel.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm excited for the adventures of young Colonel Sanders

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Freakazoid_ posted:

The fans

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Freakazoid_ posted:

i did

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

now i want a wataru x inuyasha/hanyo no yashahime crossover, since wataru also has a new net anime that's airing right now

MMania
May 7, 2008

Sindai posted:

Mami is by far my favorite character in Rental Girlfriend. She and the main character are perfectly terrible for each other and I hope Chizuru escapes and they get back together.

Yeah what a bunch of losers/assholes, they're starting to grow on me. I love that we finally get the ED, yet another "here are all of the girls in the show inexplicably flouncing around in cute outfits" that we've seen a million times... but this one ends with Kazuya throwing away a tissue. And if anyone else really likes that song and has a VR rig, you NEED to grab the Beat Saber map, it is amazing!

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Vahtooch posted:

They just announced this.

https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/status/1291449540155826176

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This week, on Uzaki-Chan Wants To Hang Out

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Uzaki-Chan and Misfit at Demon Academy are a weird couple of shows. I started watching each with the understanding that they were trash, but then my opinion turned around completely and I started enjoying them unironically. Both of them are just getting better with each episode.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Freakazoid_ posted:

This isnt 2002 you dont have to be performatively annoyed by shows for girls

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Could just be pattern recognition wrt sequels to old kids shows. I mean hey could be good though, maybe it'll be the fury road of these things.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

Could just be pattern recognition wrt sequels to old kids shows. I mean hey could be good though, maybe it'll be the fury road of these things.
The fury road of reboots of old kids shows was gridman

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

The fury road of reboots of old kids shows was gridman
I think we could swing higher.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

This isnt 2002 you dont have to be performatively annoyed by shows for girls

inuyasha is both a boy and girl show

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Frankly, I haven't watched more than the first couple dozen eps because my roommate (at the time) was the one who snagged the shows and we went our separate ways after the lease ended. Wasn't really inclined to pick it back up due to time, but I have had enough good memories about it that I'm pretty hype for this.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Willo567 posted:

inuyasha is both a boy and girl

bigender inuyasha moodboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Willo567 posted:

inuyasha is both a boy and girl show
Most of the performative internet hate for it back in the day though was due to it not being exclusively boy enough.