Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Getting in on blessed page 420 in the Canada thread.

You wouldn't happen to be accepting American immigrants these days, by chance?)
Watch out, as a non-Canadian I've just learned that the last *feudal rents* in Quebec were paid off in 1970. Corve labor may not be off the table yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/iamterryevans/status/1290699071888343041?s=19

*Somebodys car window gets smashed in a clear attempt to steal a few bucks out of the cup holder*
Albertan: I bet it is because I'm being discriminated against as an Albertan Canadian

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Is she crying, lmfao...

Did she move out at 12 years of age? It's a broken window, ffs.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
who the gently caress thinks of themselves in terms of local economic contributions

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

BUT MY TAXES PAY FOR [jaunty privileged fuckhead's synechdoche for the mechanisms that separate him from those races deemed undesirable]

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

pokeyman posted:

who the gently caress thinks of themselves in terms of local economic contributions

St Albert elected Michael Cooper as their MP

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

https://twitter.com/iamterryevans/status/1290699071888343041?s=19

*Somebodys car window gets smashed in a clear attempt to steal a few bucks out of the cup holder*
Albertan: I bet it is because I'm being discriminated against as an Albertan Canadian

holy gently caress this made it onto my local news tonight. ridiculous. where was this guy when literally all of Alberta was protesting the existence of BC that dare stand in the way of glorious lord and saviour pipeline

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

St Albert elected Michael Cooper as their MP

Thanks for reminding me about that human skid-mark. I moved away from that riding (to the only one that voted NDP federally) and I was glad to be rid of his fear-mongering junk mail.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Thanks for reminding me about that human skid-mark. I moved away from that riding (to the only one that voted NDP federally) and I was glad to be rid of his fear-mongering junk mail.

I went to K-12 school with him in the same class most of the time. He did not have a roller backpack but he had serious roller backpack kid energy.

We used to torment him by saying that one of our classmates was gay but wouldn't tell him which one, which was very disturbing to him

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

I went to K-12 school with him in the same class most of the time. He did not have a roller backpack but he had serious roller backpack kid energy.

We used to torment him by saying that one of our classmates was gay but wouldn't tell him which one, which was very disturbing to him

that is the goddamn most incredible trolling ever holy poo poo

I can imagine exactly how that would go down knowing similar dweebs in my classes. AMAZING.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

jesus christ that rules lmao

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

King

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Big Fop Pee Wee

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

More like Soloman from Gummo.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Spent his life getting called Alfred E Newman. He was frequently upset by not getting the reference, and sometimes he still is.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

i think of demons posted:

Watch out, as a non-Canadian I've just learned that the last *feudal rents* in Quebec were paid off in 1970. Corve labor may not be off the table yet.

I'm Qubcois and didn't know this. I'm not surprised though: the Seigneurie system lasted a long time. The Lords collaborated with the Church and the English government to keep the peasants down for most of Quebec's history.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

MoaM posted:

Is she crying, lmfao...

Did she move out at 12 years of age? It's a broken window, ffs.

Id be pretty sad and angry too if someone broke into my car and stole my stuff

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
matt gurney sucks so loving much, someone cancel this bitch

https://twitter.com/mattgurney/status/1291178382126915584?s=20

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

quote:

He was fighting Japan with the RAF out of India in 1945. +

As a Briton in India, let me say these things about the dangers of imperialism and why it had to be stopped

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I really hope David Cronenberg directs the Jordan Peterson biopic :canada:

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Setting aside what Matt Gurney's grandfather was doing.

I absolutely hate when people ignore the continued Japanese occupation of China, Korea, Burma and other places around the Pacific. Where it wasn't shine sun and rainbows and "we should wait for Japan to starve", or "we should let Japan decide surrender terms (meaning keeping some imperial conquests)". Overall it's a horrendously complex situation where getting it reduced "atomic bombs bad" makes a mockery of it.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Imperial Japan was an awful regime that had to be stopped, and firebombing cities knowing full well you were slaughtering civilians was just a thing everyone did back then, but I just can't bring myself to use the word "necessary" to describe a quarter-million or so people, including children, being set on fire. I suppose that makes me an awful person because something like a million people had been killed by conventional bombing of Japan before then, and I've never once condemned that

I'm happy I'm not in charge of those sorts of decisions.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
lmao jesus loving christ why are there always these loving cretins proclaiming that it was somehow okay to wipe two cities full of people right off the map rather than waiting for japan to surrender like everyone knew they would.

The dreaded "yellow menace" wasn't going to fight until the last man woman and child was dead for the sake of "their honor" you loving racist creeps.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

lmao jesus loving christ why are there always these loving cretins proclaiming that it was somehow okay to wipe two cities full of people right off the map rather than waiting for japan to surrender like everyone knew they would.

The dreaded "yellow menace" wasn't going to fight until the last man woman and child was dead for the sake of "their honor" you loving racist creeps.

Mostly also the soviets would roll up the coastline if the war didn't end immediately.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

what if the Korean war had happened in Japan

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Chillyrabbit posted:

Setting aside what Matt Gurney's grandfather was doing.

I absolutely hate when people ignore the continued Japanese occupation of China, Korea, Burma and other places around the Pacific. Where it wasn't shine sun and rainbows and "we should wait for Japan to starve", or "we should let Japan decide surrender terms (meaning keeping some imperial conquests)". Overall it's a horrendously complex situation where getting it reduced "atomic bombs bad" makes a mockery of it.

this is wrong and atomic bombs bad

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/JamesTeitsma/status/1291393549213130752?s=20

james titsmah

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the atom bombs weren't part of WW2. that was already over. they were the opening salvo of the cold war

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

DariusLikewise posted:

this is wrong and atomic bombs bad

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
My grandfather fought in Burma, in the longest retreat in British history from Yangon to India, got a bad case of dysentry along the way, and bitterly hated the Japanese for his entire life. I don't know what his opinion about the atomic bombs were but I doubt he was against their use.

That said I'm not going to value his moral judgement over my own to conclude that the atom bombs were good. That's crazy.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Rutibex posted:

the atom bombs weren't part of WW2. that was already over. they were the opening salvo of the cold war

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

Nuclear winter caused a cold war? Makes u think

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

flakeloaf posted:

Imperial Japan was an awful regime that had to be stopped, and firebombing cities knowing full well you were slaughtering civilians was just a thing everyone did back then, but I just can't bring myself to use the word "necessary" to describe a quarter-million or so people, including children, being set on fire. I suppose that makes me an awful person because something like a million people had been killed by conventional bombing of Japan before then, and I've never once condemned that

I'm happy I'm not in charge of those sorts of decisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RceLAhPOS9Q

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Sweet Enola Gay, son

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Terror Sweat posted:

Id be pretty sad and angry too if someone broke into my car and stole my stuff

It has happened to me about a dozen times living in Edmonton and Calgary and eventually it stops being a big deal

Most of these was when my old lovely truck just didn't lock at all and eventually I just started writing notes asking for them to put my poo poo back where they found it if they are gonna rifle through my glovebox

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m has issued a correction as of 02:02 on Aug 7, 2020

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

It has happened to me about a dozen times living in Edmonton and Calgary and eventually it stops being a big deal

Most of these was when my old lovely truck just didn't lock at all and eventually I just started writing notes asking for them to put my poo poo back where they found it if they are gonna rifle through my glovebox

Once they left a flashlight and a pair of winter gloves in the front seat, so hooray, free flashlight and gloves

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

who couldve guessed that alberta education policy was based on poo poo that didnt happen

https://twitter.com/kevinctv/status/1291457574093697026

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
all that poo poo is funny and there's more in the thread, but for some reason the one that got me was that in the very first image they refer to "the proposed [oil] sands development" and it's very clear that whoever made that assignment used square brackets to replace the word "tar"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

bahahaha i didn't even notice that, it's beautiful

wonder how many slurs they'd be happy to leave intact