Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

drat now I'm realizing moro is just super's super 17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Multi arm technique HELLZONE GRENADE

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Multi arm technique Destructo Disc.

Edit: Multi arm technique Wolf Fang Fist.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

God I wish Krillin was more Namek arc still, where he’s VASTLY underpowered but constantly scraps out escapes and enemy distractions because he has a dozen trick techniques

This franchise is so unfair to itself

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

he threw a stinky shoe at someone is that not enough for you

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
A dozen ways.

The only escape technique anyone uses is the solar flare

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Multi arm fusion dance.

Edit: multi arm that ki blast barrage that Vegeta does where the opponent walks thru without taking any damage

mmkay fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 5, 2020

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Black August posted:

God I wish Krillin was more Namek arc still, where he’s VASTLY underpowered but constantly scraps out escapes and enemy distractions because he has a dozen trick techniques

This franchise is so unfair to itself

Krillin is the best

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The masses demand more Gokus, and that is all we shall receive

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

multijoe posted:

The masses demand more Gokus, and that is all we shall receive

That'd explain FighterZ's roster.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So... watching that video.

Are they performing the Super Saiyan God ritual on Goku and Vegeta but for some reason Pan still isn't allowed to have yellow hair?

Like at this point "Pan has Super Saiyan" would still put her several hundred levels below everyone else and they still don't allow it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People still freak out about Caulifia reaching SS2

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I'm just saying Videl reached Super Saiyan before Pan.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also Mira has a new design and Super 17 has a new form, officially giving him more forms than he had episodes in GT.

And the next update will bring in a new Super Full Power Saiyan 4 Limit Break, likely Vegetto Xeno.

So that Mira fucks.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Multi-Arm Energy Swords that turn Goku Black into General Grievous.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

CharlestheHammer posted:

That's kind of the problem isn't it? Geeks will trip over themselves, without an ounce of irony, to explain away all the reasons "Girl Saiyans can't exist" short of saying just that; while simultaneously tuning around and getting hyped about the latest stupid rear end Flavor-Aid Saiyan transformation of the month Super or Heroes introduces. And you know, on some level, it's not just the fans who are like this, but the people working on it as well.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ImpAtom posted:

So... watching that video.

Are they performing the Super Saiyan God ritual on Goku and Vegeta but for some reason Pan still isn't allowed to have yellow hair?

Like at this point "Pan has Super Saiyan" would still put her several hundred levels below everyone else and they still don't allow it.

They aren't. They're one Saiyan short for that, they're activating Super Full Power Saiyan 4. It was done in the exact same way in GT (though only on Goku and with a different group of Saiyans that didn't include another Goku and Vegeta, obviously).

This doesn't forgive the fact that Pan still doesn't have Super Saiyan, despite even being given a Super Saiyan aura here for some reason, but it's not the Super Saiyan God ritual.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hell people still don't accept kale and caulifla being lesbians

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

That's kind of the problem isn't it? Geeks will trip over themselves, without an ounce of irony, to explain away all the reasons "Girl Saiyans can't exist" short of saying just that; while simultaneously tuning around and getting hyped about the latest stupid rear end Flavor-Aid Saiyan transformation of the month Super or Heroes introduces. And you know, on some level, it's not just the fans who are like this, but the people working on it as well.

Yeah people go all power levels.

Like guys Goku multiplied his power by like 12 by doing crunches in space for a week.

Let it go

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Aurora posted:

hell people still don't accept kale and caulifla being lesbians

I mean I doubt it too but that's got less to do with not wanting them to be and more to do with not believing Toei wouldn't be shits about it

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

eyes glancing at precure

yeah i'm sure toei gives a poo poo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean they won’t say it but that’s because it’s a shonen.

Love interests get mentioned if your married and then indirectly

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Japan and America loving loathe women what else is new

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Considering Kale and Caulifla are around and also in Heroes they might just consider Pan old news? I dunno.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah people go all power levels.

Like guys Goku multiplied his power by like 12 by doing crunches in space for a week.

Let it go

Black August posted:

Japan and America loving loathe women what else is new

"Stop talking about these issues we all agree are commonplace and remain unchallenged within the industry."

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i'm glad countries are somehow real people that have feelings

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

CharlestheHammer posted:

Clearly then Caulifla and Kale should show up post timeskip with their kids.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

"Stop talking about these issues we all agree are commonplace and remain unchallenged within the industry."

I’m, not sure how you got that from what I said

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

No, they get married after a timeskip in the last chapter/episode, I know how this game works.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

mycot posted:

Clearly then Caulifla and Kale should show up post timeskip with their kids.

plot twist: saiyan females can get saiyan females pregnant

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

tin can don't do this self-righteous bullshit, you know drat well I'm on the same page and frustrated there's nothing to do about that kind of misogyny, ESPECIALLY in Japan
the gently caress you gonna do, fly over to Toriyama and give him a stern talking to? our little thread is going to inspire them to treat Pan better?
just discuss what-ifs where Pan succeeds Goku like she deserves

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Black August posted:

tin can don't do this self-righteous bullshit, you know drat well I'm on the same page and frustrated there's nothing to do about that kind of misogyny, ESPECIALLY in Japan
the gently caress you gonna do, fly over to Toriyama and give him a stern talking to? our little thread is going to inspire them to treat Pan better?
just discuss what-ifs where Pan succeeds Goku like she deserves

this is a weird post bro

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Aurora posted:

this is a weird post bro

yeah no poo poo it is, I want to discuss dragon ball and really dislike how it treats women, and then someone admonishes me when I reply to "Why is Pan treated so bad" with "American and Japan treat women like trash is why"

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's the most tired statement you can make at this point about things is just going 'well [country] hates thing what else is new'

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Justin_Brett posted:

Considering Kale and Caulifla are around and also in Heroes they might just consider Pan old news? I dunno.

I'm pretty sure it's because the people who worked on GT outright said that Pan existed just to cause problems for Goku to solve. She's not allowed to do anything other than be a source of conflict.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I get what you are saying but also you're kinda downplaying Caulifla and Kale with this.

Those two were introduced and showcased in the show that allowed itself a budget look to good sometimes. Heroes is a lazy rear end cash grab with a smaller part of the fanbase. It looks like poo poo, it's written like poo poo, you'd be hard pressed to find positives in it.

Dragon Ball's got problems with women in the series, it's true. But poo poo, I've good reason to think that Kefla is the single strongest non-god entity in their universe. Hell, Kale might be right below that. I think that's pretty good for the non-protagonist universe.

Super is overall good, essentially.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Burkion posted:

I mean I doubt it too but that's got less to do with not wanting them to be and more to do with not believing Toei wouldn't be shits about it

There is an EXPLICIT lesbian couple that gets full on lily imagery treatment in the same tournament.

Toei gives no shits. Or at least not enough shits to squelch it.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Seems kinda bold that Heroes is using Janemba, especially since one of Janemba's biggest appeals is the rad animation

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i don’t normally like pops but this one caught my eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

plot twist: saiyan females can get saiyan females pregnant

Great, now I'm picturing an universe where saiyans have hyena traits instead of ape traits.

bowmore posted:

i don't normally like pops but this one caught my eye

Funko pops only look good when they can't use their standard head/face (or is mostly hidden).