Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen always brings out the best in people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Error 1004 - Game Not Found

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Scruffpuff posted:

End this stupid loving derail.
What we need now is a roadmap to a roadmap for good posting!

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Oh boy it's their worst video yet I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX5lB7OHHdM

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Bumble He posted:

i'm sorry i am too drunk to type anthing that makes sense, but i felt like this magic card needs to be created

edit: no i do not want to offend dr.honked or ducks in general with this, i just think that mr. honked's avatar is very funny.

Can you make one with Uncle Smart or other various CIG staff?

IAbsolveMyself
Feb 9, 2020
They had time to make a trailer publicising a broken incremental alpha patch, but they still need b-roll for a S42 update video.

They are really gaslighting the citizens harder than ever, between this and the promise to slowly roll out a roadmap to a roadmap.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/wckX5LM.mp4

marumaru
May 20, 2013

as is tradition, i tried the new patch out
had several bugs as expected, the new big store in new babbage is boring and the only interesting thing it sells is mobiglas except those only change the color of the model on your wrist, the actual UI is not modified in any way, the missions are nerfed and the game crashed 10 (painful) minutes in

the new flight model in atmo is still bad but it's better

marumaru
May 20, 2013

oh yeah the bartender sucks lol

takes like 20 seconds for him to acknowledge your existence and i had to try it twice before he actually gave me a drink

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Inacio posted:

as is tradition, i tried the new patch out
had several bugs as expected, the new big store in new babbage is boring and the only interesting thing it sells is mobiglas except those only change the color of the model on your wrist, the actual UI is not modified in any way, the missions are nerfed and the game crashed 10 (painful) minutes in

the new flight model in atmo is still bad but it's better

How did you manage to make it 10 minutes?

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k61YeoQJ_so - Morphologis

A reasonable video about the new mining ROC Grey cat.

I'd wager he will get flamed for it.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Bumble He posted:

oh i did not know that we come here to be lectured, anyway i'm out of this thread, have fun, so long.
and no i'm not racist, i can 100% guarantee.

edit: hey basic bitch, why dont you apply for being a mod around here? moar power to you super brain

LOL keep fighting the good fight bud.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

IcarusUpHigh posted:

They show the game in 2 second chunks and it still manages to look weird and janky. You'd think they'd at least be able to smooth out the obvious stutters and framerate drops :psyduck:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Scruffpuff posted:

How did you manage to make it 10 minutes?

that's how long it took to check out the new shop, the bartender and go to my ship

(im not joking)

marumaru
May 20, 2013

oh yeah and someone someone at CIG forgot to make the new mining car buyable in-game
hmmmmm i wonder why..............................

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Bubbacub posted:

They show the game in 2 second chunks and it still manages to look weird and janky. You'd think they'd at least be able to smooth out the obvious stutters and framerate drops :psyduck:

Watched the video and it's still not clear to me what's in 3.10 besides a new atmospheric flight model. I can't say I'm particularly excited to see what CIGs umpteenth flight model looks like.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

how soon til I can order that low light high fidelity star citizen branded face cam from faceware?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

phosdex posted:

how soon til I can order that low light high fidelity star citizen branded face cam from faceware?

two weeks!

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Why do you loving nerds always get so overworked over this poo poo?

Bumble He posted:

oh i did not know that we come here to be lectured, anyway i'm out of this thread, have fun, so long.
and no i'm not racist, i can 100% guarantee.

edit: hey basic bitch, why dont you apply for being a mod around here? moar power to you super brain

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:lol:

Why do long time posters keep suddenly and out of nowhere picking the dumbest chud hill to die on, and then go run off home when predictably no one agrees with them?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Take some lessons from the Canadians and learn to say sorry every once in a while.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
The space dogfighting clips I'm sure will be recycled for the confused mom demographic when squadron 54 vertical slices compete with star wars squadrons this fall. It actually looked kind of fun but also sorta generic and bland.

The team play voice acting grab rear end always makes me cringe. I think Division 2 or Density 2 or one of those games did the same crap with their preview vids. At least they released a game tho.

The FPS combat looks insanely jank which boggles the mind as to why they bothered to include it in this video. I guess they can't even get all-hands-on-deck for releasing Mark Hamil's hitchy mocapped rear end info the world before sterr werrs comes out

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

IcarusUpHigh posted:

reminder that this is how the game played like in december loving 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4exdtKmfZLA&t=69s

there was a time when this was easily the most enjoyable spaceflight and fight experience on the market... half a decade and 200.000.000 Dollars ago. Makes you wonder what the hell happened in the meantime.

Oh right there were actual competent people working on it back then.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 6, 2020

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

IcarusUpHigh posted:

the community could do better stuff for free ...

must have been awkward recording those voices

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kosumo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k61YeoQJ_so - Morphologis

A reasonable video about the new mining ROC Grey cat.

I'd wager he will get flamed for it.

Is this how lights and dust work? Man, this engine is so dated.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Bumble He posted:

i'm sorry i am too drunk to type anthing that makes sense, but i felt like this magic card needs to be created

edit: no i do not want to offend dr.honked or ducks in general with this, i just think that mr. honked's avatar is very funny.

LOL that's great :wotwot:

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Is this how lights and dust work? Man, this engine is so dated.

I’m the dust cloud that spawns inside of the cabin and then clips out the back. AAAA fidelity.

I’m sure that the super complex dust physics simulation that CIG definitely built just needs to be tweaked a little.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 6, 2020

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Imagine being a professional web developer for 20 years and defending a product that has been in development for half of your professional career without finishing and probably raising more money to develop than all of the webpages you've developed combined and having a staff working on it in the 100's of people.

Just imagine being a professional like this. :)

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

happyhippy posted:

You just got Event Horizoned.

where we're going... we don't need eyes!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

The Super-Id posted:

They can finally put their alien language people to good use.

We are on version 3.8.gerbitranSahLr.8.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

colonelwest posted:

Lol, where do they get this poo poo? The level of NPC AI in Oblivion would be a huge accomplishment for CIG at this point. That’s why they’ve been desperately trying to hire AI programmers for years now.

The bartender is a broken mess, and it’s the result of years of mocaping and development work. None of it is translatable or scalable to the rest of the game.

:iiasb: So what do you know about AI programming, Sr Programmer Timmy?

:keke: The kid in that movie was so creepy but wow I wasn't even born when it was made!

:iiasb: Ahhh yes, movies. I love movies. Welcome to the AI team, Timmy!

:keke: Yay I love AI and movies! I sure hope this will be useful for extra credit on my book report about Britain's economy in my history class!

:iiasb: Let me tell you about Britain and how video game benefits work there if you are "Britain enough".

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Hav posted:

..produce a technical specification of function (down to the crud smeg) which formed the basis of the pricing model ship sales. Design Chris Roberts would be handled with the presentation live gameplay of an initial design and _two iterations_ to nail down any variance with the client backers.

This is good because its exactly what CIG has been doing with CitizenCon the past.... 6 years?

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

The Titanic posted:

:iiasb: So what do you know about AI programming, Sr Programmer Timmy?

:keke: The kid in that movie was so creepy but wow I wasn't even born when it was made!

:iiasb: Ahhh yes, movies. I love movies. Welcome to the AI team, Timmy!

:keke: Yay I love AI and movies! I sure hope this will be useful for extra credit on my book report about Britain's economy in my history class!

:iiasb: Let me tell you about Britain and how video game benefits work there if you are "Britain enough".

Star Citizen: Baby’s First Crysis Mod

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

IcarusUpHigh posted:

I love how they can’t stay on scene for more than 5 seconds before the game just shits itself, but even then it still looks horribly janky and awkward.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

kilus aof posted:

On 3.10 being released:

It's actually fine if they break the game because quarterly patches for an unfinished game is a terrible idea. But not the next patch. That is the Jesus patch. Patch 3.x+1 is when things finally start coming together because of SHOES and SHIRTS.

Dude is almost there. But instead of attacking the community with the "yeah no poo poo, we know it's totally broken!" he should be wondering why CIG, well aware the game is not in a good state, is marketing it like this huge, finished and polished get it a game where you can live the life of a space adventurer in a variety of careers and paths and explore the unknown and make amazing discoveries.

We all know the game is broken. That's fine.

What's not cool is CIG not reflecting this level of brokenness anywhere, and going to amazing lengths to prevent it from being discussed including shutting down any conversations that go against the glittering and polished gem of fun.

CIG gets in trouble because they sell it and market it like a complete game, acting blameless as to its actual condition.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
WE HAVE NO B-ROLL FOR THE SQ42 UPDATE!

*Releases patch video composed entirely of B-roll*

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

IcarusUpHigh posted:

This is exactly the poo poo I'm talking about.

Nowhere in here do they warn you the game is broken in its current state, or the myriad of bugs you will have, and the likelihood of you ever seeing or experiencing any remotely like that video is like 300M:1.

But they will go after the players who want that experience and expect to get it because it's what CIG is loving telling them to expect.

This brutal duality between reality of what CIG does vs the marketing they talk about what they do and the people who bash the people who want the promised experience is total bullshit. :shrug:

I wish the guys defending the hell out of CIG against "evil naysayers" would watch this poo poo CIG is putting out to people.

It's really not hard to realize people are pissed off and talking poo poo that CIG is a scam of a company because they put out a broken patch and they know it's broken and they also tie it to a video like this that indicates exactly zero of the problems or warnings about reality. It's all loving fake, and it could very well be interpreted as blatant misinformation.

Why? Because all CIG really wants is your loving money, honestly.

But yeah, defend CIG. Tell people they shouldn't complain or want to have an experience, and make sure this video is in each of your loving posts to back up how much CIG is aware of the state of their game and trying not to give people unrealistic expectations or anything.

It's just them being honest with their players and wanting to make the BDSSE, knowing they have a long way to go and people should have realistic expectations about the game currently.

Take this video and gently caress you for trying to tell other backers they shouldn't expect anything from CIG.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

colonelwest posted:

Why do long time posters keep suddenly and out of nowhere picking the dumbest chud hill to die on, and then go run off home when predictably no one agrees with them?

I dunno. I liked Bumble He too. :(

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Bubbacub posted:

You'd think they'd at least be able to smooth out the obvious stutters and framerate drops :psyduck:

Why would one think that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The biggest new thing in the update is PICO

quote:

Well hello there, friends.

It seems in Alpha 3.10, the bird is truly the word. Y'all have taken a liking to our fuzzy friend Pico. If you aren't sure what I'm talking about, swing by the shops at the New Babbage Spaceport and pick up your own plush companion to take adventuring.

We've seen Pico hitting the slopes, plotting to overthrow the galactic senate, and even breaking it down on the dancefloor, but we want to see what you and Pico are getting up to in the 'verse!

Snap a shot of the craziest situation you and Pico have gotten into, or the most interesting spot your penguin friend has ended up and drop it in the comments below for your chance to waddle your way into some sweet prizes! Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, and perceived level of penguin excitement and fun.

The top 5 shots will each receive a physical Plushie Pico of their own as well as a brand new in-game Greycat ROC (with LTI).

Be sure to check out the full ruleset before entering, and make sure you have your screenshot submitted by Saturday, August 15, 2020 at 11:59pm Pacific.

Even if your screenshot skills aren't up to snuff, you can still snag a Pico Plushie of your own from our Merch Store, while supplies last!

Good luck to you all, we can't wait to see what you come up with!