Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Crap....it is for mobile. I was hoping it was a console game. Any ideas for PS4 racing games where you can use nitrous and go off huge jumps? I'm looking for a modern day Burnout Paradise and am getting bored to tears with GT Sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They're adding Dan to SF5 :neckbeard:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

power still out dang

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

exquisite tea posted:

What's that Diablo clone that's in early access right now? Dark Epoch?

Last Epoch. It shows promise imo but it's too early to be worth buying right now. Did they ever fix Wolcen? That seemed like it could have been a fun D3-like

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Wolcen got a big patch recently but I'm vague understanding is that I'll probably need at least one or two more

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

power still out dang

Stay strong gamer

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

SkunkDuster posted:

Crap....it is for mobile. I was hoping it was a console game. Any ideas for PS4 racing games where you can use nitrous and go off huge jumps? I'm looking for a modern day Burnout Paradise and am getting bored to tears with GT Sport.

Why not Burnout Paradise Remastered?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Why does Pikmin 3 not also come with Pikmin 1 and 2?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Barudak posted:

Why does Pikmin 3 not also come with Pikmin 1 and 2?

So they can sell them for $60 a pop, too

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’ll be like Mario games on the GBA we’ll only get “deluxe” versions of Pikmin without a new one in sight. And I’ll buy them all like the fool I am.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Inspired by a pizza someone got earlier in the thread, I made one with white sauce, bacon, mozzarella, and brussels sprouts. This one was a bit more intensive, but I kind of liked how the staggered steps were kind of efficient in using the heat of the oven that had to go to 500 degrees anyway.

Rendered two strips of bacon in the oven at 375 degrees, then reserved the fat and drained the bacon. After it cooled, I tossed the sprout halves in some of the bacon fat, salt, and pepper, and roasted in the oven at 425 until just about done, as they would be finished on the pizza. I saved the loose leaves and also roasted those as a side.

While that was cooking, I made the white sauce: heated minced garlic in the remaining bacon fat, whisked in a tablespoon of flour, then reduced 3/4 cup milk and two tablespoons of grated parmesan with a teaspoon of minced rosemary.

This was the batch of dough where I hosed up the hydration and had to bring it back by eyeballing it. This meant that it was very wet and hard to work with, which explains the "rustic" shape of it. It also sank into the well-seasoned screen and I basically had to saw it out, lol. Regardless, the crust itself had great texture and taste so I don't want to throw out the rest of this batch of dough -- for the next pizza I will probably just oil it up and use a pan to save myself some hassle.

The sauce was decadent -- I still had a bunch of it left over and I will probably just toss some pasta in it and that's tomorrow's meal sorted out. It basically was like garlic butter, and it melded with the cheese, bacon, and crust extremely well. The sprouts were fine, though I think the moisture from the dough and cheese, along with the large size of the sprout halves, meant that it started to steam a bit (this is the worst way to cook sprouts!). Not enough to throw off the taste, but I think in the future if I put them on pizza, I'll slice them into thinner quarters and drop them later into the cook, just so they embed in the cheese without being exposed to too much moisture.

The star of this was the sauce though -- I know now what they were talking about in FF7R

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 6, 2020

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

update to that Blizzard salary spreadsheet from a few days ago:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1291112984505393153

hell yeah get it employees

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Awesome Animals posted:

Why not Burnout Paradise Remastered?

I have that one. It's the same as regular Burnout Paradise with better graphics. Still one of my favorite all time games.

I'm downloading NFS Heat right now. I hope it is more enjoyable than the last couple of NFS games I purchased.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

DC Murderverse posted:

update to that Blizzard salary spreadsheet from a few days ago:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1291112984505393153

hell yeah get it employees

Besides being scum, they're idiots

Weedle
May 31, 2006

burnout paradise is so good. waiting for the 50% off sale to buy it on switch and play it for another 80 hours

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

power still out dang

candle gaming till the weekend

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DC Murderverse posted:

I don’t know, any suggestions? I’ve actually remained fairly unspoiled but I do have a guide for when I get too lost or need a little push forward on what to do.

I never got far into it myself but had I gotten far enough into it, I would've gone down the neutral path since I feel like that is the best path morally speaking.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Power outages are especially bad now because you can't just take the laptop down to the local coffee shop and discreetly game. I think my saddest power outage gaming time was using a car-to-USB power converter and then doing USB to a traditional outlet so I could charge my 3DS

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

gotta get a K-TOR Power Box Pedal Power Generator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAz5575VqYo

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

oddium posted:

power still out dang

We got power back here pretty quickly cuz of the tornado that came through my area two years ago, it had already taken down most of the trees that would have taken time to remove now. It was like an immunization shot against future wind-related weather events.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I was interested in hand-generated electricity because of Cataclysm and also the totally theoretical possibility of the collapse of human civilization and my research told me that pedal generators are not even worth it because like an hour of pedaling will get you like a minute of enough power to run a TV

In both Cataclysm and also real life, the most sensible and reliable power solution is solar

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

foot pedals are better than hand cranks, but youre paying for your watts in food energy which is not a pro post apocalypse gaming strat unless youre going the renegade route and becoming a wasteland slaver

they sell one that puts out about 50W that would probably be good enough to power a decent laptop for as long as youre willing to crank it though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

cranking it, eh

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

They're adding Dan to SF5 :neckbeard:

Is there a complete list of fighters coming with season 5? Or is that not available yet, other than Dan?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

cranking it, eh
cranking it with bennett foddy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

When’s that crankboy handheld coming out

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

Looks like you've already got a copy ooooooooooooo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

probably the most unfortunate victim of the coronavirus imo

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

I said come in! posted:

Is there a complete list of fighters coming with season 5? Or is that not available yet, other than Dan?

it's Dan, rose, Oro, Akira(Rival schools) then a mystery final character

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

it's Dan, rose, Oro, Akira(Rival schools) then a mystery final character

I am sad that Makoto is still not in Street Fighter V.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

There are a few characters I would like to see, but among them are Makoto and Maki. Perhaps in 2022...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is Q in V? Because V will continue to be bad until Q is in it. If Q is in it, it will still be bad, but it will at least have Q in it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

V is in W, if that helps

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

V is in W, if that helps

You're telling me V has come to W?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

F.K... in the coffee

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Is Q in V? Because V will continue to be bad until Q is in it. If Q is in it, it will still be bad, but it will at least have Q in it.

it has g who has most of the same moves as q but looks and acts way worse, which is in line with every other returning character in that game

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

You: I want my favorite street fighter character to be in Street Fighter V!

Me, a Juri player, wise: No you don't.

May 8, 2006

i would like Morrigan in sfv please

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Remember Super Nintendo World? :sigh:

https://twitter.com/ThomasPussyCat/status/1290847963061735424
https://twitter.com/TVManiaco_tvps2/status/1290875051101872129

https://www.pastemagazine.com/games/super-nintendo-world/super-nintendo-world-video-leak/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Is Super Nintendo World getting a Switch port??????