Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jonny 290 posted:

I doubt the government would let have two companies in vastly different fields have like, the exact same name. Something is fishy here.

turn back while you can. this is your only warning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

fees like things are bout to get

epic

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ebin :DDDDDD

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

I doubt the government would let have two companies in vastly different fields have like, the exact same name. Something is fishy here.

they aren't named the same ffs the tweet is about epic megahealth and you're posting about epic game systems :rolleyes:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh yeah ive heard tons of 13 year olds talk about "the company that makes my favorite game, Epic Game Systems". thats a thing that happens.

do you really have nothing better to do than make up lies

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
My director's goal is to have as many people as possible working from home until January but reality is starting to creep in because we already had to have 5-6 people volunteer to come back in so we can get stuff ready for our incredibly ill-advised start of the fall semester, and it's not enough

It's going to be a disaster and we'll probably end up having to immediately shut down.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

my life for aiur

e: i bought the hd remastered sc and they did a really fuckin nice job

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
my work basically stopped talking about "coming back to the office" at all

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

oh yeah ive heard tons of 13 year olds talk about "the company that makes my favorite game, Epic Game Systems". thats a thing that happens.

do you really have nothing better to do than make up lies

yemrspos bihtc

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

uncurable mlady posted:

my work basically stopped talking about "coming back to the office" at all

yeah my boss' boss asked for a re-classification last week.

wfh, at-work-as-needed, or at-work

im the only one in our dept that answered at-work-as-needed

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

my office was cleared for in-person last week

mgmt is not forcing coming back but idk how much longer i can wfh

I miss the office if just for social reasons, I miss everyone I work with.

The lady who sits in front of me keeps posting restaurant pictures so I'm sure as hell not going in any time soon lol

Apr 7, 2003

I could technically go to the office and work if I wanted to but why bother, no one is there

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
My understanding is that a lot of parents are finding it hard to work while their kids are around (what with kids not really respecting the whole "work" thing, and just wanting to spend time with mommy/daddy), so being able to go into the office to work even if no-one else is around would be helpful.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol at having kids

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

echinopsis posted:

tim sweeney is passionate about health

its a goddamn shame fortnite has no nali healing fruit

Apr 7, 2003

Jabor posted:

My understanding is that a lot of parents are finding it hard to work while their kids are around (what with kids not really respecting the whole "work" thing, and just wanting to spend time with mommy/daddy), so being able to go into the office to work even if no-one else is around would be helpful.

My immediate manager had to leave a call suddenly and came back to say "sorry, my kids were throwing their shoes in the pool" lol

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Man, cross promotions are weird

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
CallofDutyJeepWrangler.jpg

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
spotted on a different thread

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

my neighbor left his camera up when he left the room and came back to find all his coworkers using a screenshot of his office as their background, and they won't change it back.
a v sensible chuckle

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

*surgeon bunny hopping out of the or* GODLIKE

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

September comeback has been pushed back until “at least January” :toot:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

cjs: my manager and a long time colleague and friend has it now :(. they're doing alright but im worried for them

this is the same person that was ready to push back if we tried to go in too soon. theyre good people and this sucks

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
do they have covid-19 as proved by a test, or do they have we-are-in-a-global-meltdown-and-my-mind-is-broken-so-my-body-is-failing-too sickness

This isn't a snarky question. some of us are just starting to physically die slowly because everything is so bad and there is no end in sight. sometimes its hard to tell

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

its from a proper test. they were coughing increasingly near the end of the week and went and got a swab on the weekend and the results came back today

i get where youre coming from though. the isolation and exhaustion is a real drain on mind and body :sigh:. i still gotta take some time because i just feel normal the-world-is-upside-down and its giving me insomnia

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah. there's also a bit of talk about those people that, you know, as soon as covid was really identified as a North American threat, they Definitely Got It and are Totally Recovered and Have The Antibodies, They Feel It. they actually literally got physically ill from the stress and fear and are using that as a coping mechanism to help themselves believe that they'll be okay. I'm not making GBS threads on them, it's a totally understandable response. but i personally know like six people that Totally Got Covid Super Early On but they're Good Now.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

yep, ive know a few of those too. once the red cross started doing blood drive testing a few went and got negative results, which at least was beneficial of blood needs and helped some come to terms with not being immune

I agree, I can't fault them as this is a ton to take on. so far the people i know in that camp have remained careful even if they havent been tested, so as long as its a coping thing that harms no one i guess it serves its purpose

the mental resiliency to go into this with no effects would be impressive

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

a friend, on the other hand, has coworkers that thought they had it and would go about maskless in their day-to-day in the early spike here which was pretty drat nuts. almost all olds either skirting the age range for increased risk or square in the middle and comorbidities for days

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
one early high-profile case of "yeah i had the 'rona before anyone even knew what it was, check me out"?

woz (who tried to claim he was us patient zero, for some reason)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
woz is the absolute poster child for that syndrome, yes.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

Yeah. there's also a bit of talk about those people that, you know, as soon as covid was really identified as a North American threat, they Definitely Got It and are Totally Recovered and Have The Antibodies, They Feel It. they actually literally got physically ill from the stress and fear and are using that as a coping mechanism to help themselves believe that they'll be okay. I'm not making GBS threads on them, it's a totally understandable response. but i personally know like six people that Totally Got Covid Super Early On but they're Good Now.

this is definitely a thing with some of my c/w

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/mollyhensleyclancy/georgia-school-reopening-photo-paulding-county

suspended, for staying away from school :thunk:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

one early high-profile case of "yeah i had the 'rona before anyone even knew what it was, check me out"?

woz (who tried to claim he was us patient zero, for some reason)

janet, my dog, gave me the 'rona

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
the longer this whole poo poo goes on the more I wonder if it's ever actually going to end

like, I don't think the united states is going to ever actually be able to get rid of this and there's just going to be a third wave and then a fourth wave and then a fifth ad apocalypticum. this means the rest of the world (especially your northern neighbour) is going to just be hosed forever because for better or worse we can't just cut off freedomland

the only way this ends is if everyone who refuses to wear masks etc croaks of it and that's going to kill tens of millions of people who *are* taking precautions

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

freedom isn’t free

mystes
May 31, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

the longer this whole poo poo goes on the more I wonder if it's ever actually going to end

like, I don't think the united states is going to ever actually be able to get rid of this and there's just going to be a third wave and then a fourth wave and then a fifth ad apocalypticum. this means the rest of the world (especially your northern neighbour) is going to just be hosed forever because for better or worse we can't just cut off freedomland

the only way this ends is if everyone who refuses to wear masks etc croaks of it and that's going to kill tens of millions of people who *are* taking precautions
If the rest of the world eliminates coronavirus but it becomes endemic in the US, I think that actually might be what it takes for the rest of the world to tell the US to go gently caress itself.

At this rate, the US isn't going to be able to eliminate it without a vaccine, though. (Even then good luck actually trying to get Americans vaccinated.)

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

the US hasn’t really gotten out of its first wave yet, aside from maybe the north eastern states

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

fart simpson posted:

freedom isn’t free

it cost a hefty fuckin fee, op

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Late to the chat but my department's plan is still to start going back at the end of the the year. We get weekly emails about people someone got coronavirus and the number going up in the building we're in. Also last week we got a large email about how hand sanitizer went bad in several buildings. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Kazinsal posted:

i mean it'll end eventually, one way or another.