Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Is SM15 early enough that you can reach w(w(3)) ordinals in challenge 8? That one's a big boost because you can then easily get to ee6 dark energy or whatever it's called.
Before I could do that, I think I always got the e700-ish dark upgrades and left it at that for milestones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I swapped Runes to 1-3-5 and boy did that skyrocket my ant multiplier. Completely tanked my particle gains though, went from e57k to e44k.
You certainly weren't kidding about green talisman bits being the bottleneck.

Now i just ride the ant multiplier and get all my talismans to 180 then do C10? I did have another go at it out of curiousity and i get e500 out of e1000 so theres quite a while left.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mostly. You'll pop back to 1/2/4 every so often to juice your particles and get some more c8/c9 completions, and then back to 1/3/5 to use those particles on ants.

Try to get Speed to 1250 and SI to 1000 to turn on their blessings too. Speed blessing in particular is when poo poo gets whacky because it's a universal time dilation effect. Those "fifteen minute" sacrifices start getting way faster. On live I'm sitting at a 4.3x dilation multiplier, and on the current 1.011 test I'm sitting at like a 88x dilation.

E: turns out I have more time dilation on 1.011 than I thought:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 3, 2020

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
*Hits P/T target for fighting Beast v1 after 2 weeks of grinding*

*Has to spending another awakening The Beast*

ahhhh I wish I would have realized I could have done this a long time ago

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Been playing the Endless battle game. I did buy it because I had extra googlebux so I could send some shs' way. Been enjoying it overall. A few thoughts:

- I wish there was an easy way to see how much of each resource you're making (like the offline prorgess)
- The layering prestige system is interesting. I definitely have to make a lot of choices in what to grow.
- Needs some info of what you need for the next layer unlock.
- Definitely some bugs where dungeon progress doesn't get calculated, and it's kind of annoying. Also have to log in to google play lots of times for some reason.

Overall, it's a slow burn, but I think factions starts to make it slightly more interesting. I'm enjoying it overall.

Is there a way to speed up the dungeon progress? I have tons of stats but it's not clear if I can advance multiple squares at once for fasting questing/missions.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Holy motherfucker, what kind of XP gain am I supposed to have when I unlock hacks?! I get like a couple of million a day.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
This will be a slow burn at the start.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

so what's my goal after i unlock questing, getting the last few sets in the adventure zones before pushing to 300?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Dragongem posted:

Is there a way to speed up the dungeon progress? I have tons of stats but it's not clear if I can advance multiple squares at once for fasting questing/missions.

I'm on the 5th layer right now and as far as I can tell, there's only two ways you're speeding up progress:
  1. One shot everything. I mean, duh, but still. Make sure you have splash damage in areas with more than one enemy (or be the Prince, or Evil Orderly).
  2. Raise speed as high as possible. The only things I've seen that raise speed are the generic spell, the Archer's unique spell, and Wilderness equipment.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
if you name R3 to "shartybutts" without quotes, then you get a hidden +5 power

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Everyone gets it wrong. R3 is a default Red colored substance that fuels your hacking efforts. There is only one correct name: Code Red.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Aurora posted:

so what's my goal after i unlock questing, getting the last few sets in the adventure zones before pushing to 300?

More or less, yeah. You'll also need to beat all 4 difficulties of the beast, which is a new thing that'll be on all future titans as well. You'll have the last adventure zone sets done long before you can kill beast v4.

The other thing to look out for is to start finishing most of the challenges - I think the ones that are still kind of hard at the end of normal are no Time Machine and no NGUs? Those you might want to finish after getting some evil sets, just use your best judgement if the later challenges still seem really hard.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Klungar posted:

Everyone gets it wrong. R3 is a default Red colored substance that fuels your hacking efforts. There is only one correct name: Code Red.

i keep forgetting that "chicken strips" is what i chose to name it instead of the actual name.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I changed it to CAPSLOCK because I kept forgetting whatever dumb name i had it set to when i was trying to figure out an item loadout and just left it there

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I've gone through a few names for it. X Factor, Butts, Butts Klauser, Potatoes, and currently Pizza Power.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I just named it Gay Energy. What can I say, I'm gay, I need some energy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Arzaac posted:

I just named it Gay Energy. What can I say, I'm gay, I need some energy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

change to Gay Agendas and mash that buy cap button

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

also @something, i found the final troll in ngu. while i was trying to work out how feasible it was for me to get rid of an em cap item I discovered that the stat breakdowns for energy and magic caps don't list the quirks/perks/wishes in the same order and i hate it.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts
I renamed resource 3 to "EM" so more items would enhance it.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
I called it Darkness, but maybe I'll change it to Void. Or Hole.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I renamed it to R3 because i am boring and have no creativity

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I named mine Hampower because it's the first thing I could think of

I don't even like ham really

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Blattdorf posted:

This will be a slow burn at the start.

I'm still just grinding away after the Godmother and now get about 80 million exp a day.

I've still just been chucking all of that into energy and magic though because it seems hard to work out the gain from hacks vs all you get with more energy and magic.

Is there a generally point where I should start throwing money into resource 3? Like 200 million exp a day? Or after I've improved the stats of EM to black bar all evil NGUs or something?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Kin posted:

I'm still just grinding away after the Godmother and now get about 80 million exp a day.

I've still just been chucking all of that into energy and magic though because it seems hard to work out the gain from hacks vs all you get with more energy and magic.

Is there a generally point where I should start throwing money into resource 3? Like 200 million exp a day? Or after I've improved the stats of EM to black bar all evil NGUs or something?

I can't help but feel like you're catching up to me.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011
Glod

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Dad Jokes, because having an ever-increasing Dad Jokes per second stat just feels right.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Man Ordinal Markup locking better distribution rates for cardinals behind SM10 is lovely. I have 1.23e6 and I can either put them into the three different options one at a time or dump the whole bunch into one tier. And that's bad and lame

shs
Feb 14, 2012

Arzaac posted:

I'm on the 5th layer right now and as far as I can tell, there's only two ways you're speeding up progress:
  1. One shot everything. I mean, duh, but still. Make sure you have splash damage in areas with more than one enemy (or be the Prince, or Evil Orderly).
  2. Raise speed as high as possible. The only things I've seen that raise speed are the generic spell, the Archer's unique spell, and Wilderness equipment.

You can get speed from characters drawn in the 5th and 6th layers. Splash damage as well.

Once you start doing missions with multiple enemies, splash damage becomes the one of best, possibly even an essential stat. Speed is likely a close second.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
It'd be cool if Evil and Sadistic displayed the number of completed challenges at lower difficulties. As it is now, you have to switch difficulties to actually confirm you've cleared out the list. What if someone clears out Evil challenges and forgets about a missing one on Normal? Or maybe there is an indicator somewhere and I'm blind.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Blattdorf posted:

It'd be cool if Evil and Sadistic displayed the number of completed challenges at lower difficulties. As it is now, you have to switch difficulties to actually confirm you've cleared out the list. What if someone clears out Evil challenges and forgets about a missing one on Normal? Or maybe there is an indicator somewhere and I'm blind.

The color border of the challenge changes if you’ve completed all challenges of a particular level. I guess you are saying what happens if you do all Evil Basics and forget to do all Normal Basics first? Not sure what the color does in that case.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Len posted:

Man Ordinal Markup locking better distribution rates for cardinals behind SM10 is lovely. I have 1.23e6 and I can either put them into the three different options one at a time or dump the whole bunch into one tier. And that's bad and lame

Agreed, the UI should either allow better in-between amounts for manual distribution or unlock the auto distribution much earlier (around 1e4 cardinals tops).

In that light, I have no qualms in letting you know that if you pop into your browser's console (e.g. F12 on Chrome), you can fire it off even without unlocking it by inputting distributeCard()

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Vil posted:

Agreed, the UI should either allow better in-between amounts for manual distribution or unlock the auto distribution much earlier (around 1e4 cardinals tops).

In that light, I have no qualms in letting you know that if you pop into your browser's console (e.g. F12 on Chrome), you can fire it off even without unlocking it by inputting distributeCard()

You're a saint. I have been using an auto clicker to smash the Assign 1 button over and over

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Len posted:

You're a saint. I have been using an auto clicker to smash the Assign 1 button over and over

Why didn't you click it once and then hold enter? Or just do 3 15 minute collapses where you assign all every time.
E: Don't tell me you clicked a 100 times to get your first markup before you had passive OP gain, too.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Aurora posted:

I just hit this point too and it seems like the path is max slime set -> Beast v2 -> Snipe Chocolate World -> Beast v3 -> Beast v4 -> Evil

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

GrossMurpel posted:

Why didn't you click it once and then hold enter? Or just do 3 15 minute collapses where you assign all every time.
E: Don't tell me you clicked a 100 times to get your first markup before you had passive OP gain, too.

BECAUSE I WANTED THE NUMBERS TO BE EQUAL and because of that the thought literally didn't cross my mind presumably as a result of me having the Dumb

And also I used an autoclicker at any point where clicking was needed. For faster cardinal grinding I found a script that mashes S 7 times and then B and just had that repeat while I was asleep

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Klungar posted:

The color border of the challenge changes if you’ve completed all challenges of a particular level. I guess you are saying what happens if you do all Evil Basics and forget to do all Normal Basics first? Not sure what the color does in that case.

If you've done all the evil challenges of a category, it changes to that color regardless of whether you've finished the normal ones or not.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kin posted:

I think you want to raise all the resources equally (amount of xp invested) at that point because the biggest factor is wishes, which every resource contributes equally

Although towards the end of evil when im BB all the ngus, ive found that i have plenty of excess EM so i probably should do more R3

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
I just realized there was a troll challenge for sadistic that rewards an accessory slot. Time to go clean up all the challenges I haven't completed yet...

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, when do questing start to speed up? Feels like it will take weeks before I can grab some of the evil quirks at this rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Broken Cog posted:

Man, when do questing start to speed up? Feels like it will take weeks before I can grab some of the evil quirks at this rate.

Questing is always relatively slow unless you manual quest every day.