Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

it's lovely, it's an entire party packed into a pastry

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

Updated with the latest in flower technology

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Updated with the latest in flower technology

it's glorious

vanisher

Trying to recreate something that will take forever i'm sure- here's where we are at currently!

nut

vanisher posted:

Trying to recreate something that will take forever i'm sure- here's where we are at currently!

wait this isn't the soruce pic

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

that looks real nice! did you hand paint the texturing on the bowl? if so, that gives it an authentic rustic look imo

verycute

https://twitter.com/SublingualArt/status/1280140527426560000

been following this 3d artist, some cool stuff lately and posts a lot about her process

Manifisto

verycute posted:

https://twitter.com/SublingualArt/status/1280140527426560000

been following this 3d artist, some cool stuff lately and posts a lot about her process

ooh neat, I'll check her out

I did a column once! hers is better tho.

verycute

Manifisto posted:

your column is still drat good and better anything i can do on there haha

she also made a fountain pen that draws 🤯

https://twitter.com/SublingualArt/status/1279171130880909313?s=19

Manifisto

oh that's real good. I attempted something vaguely similar, a paintbrush, and I got it down to where it could do a simple stroke and sort of left it there. hers is next level though.

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

dang thats nice

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Me with my Autodesk products over here be like "there is a licensing issue please contact support"

Manifisto

this is kind of neat if you're interested in character animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvG956AFc4Q

it's a free character rig from one of the developers at the blender foundation. there are other characters, but they're only accessible if you are subcribed to the "blender cloud" which is one of the ways they fund development of blender itself.

this is at a level of animation/rigging that is beyond my skill set, but it's designed to be relatively easy to use compared to what you'd find in like a pixar movie character. from what I've heard, there are not all that many fully rigged and completely free to use (even for commercial stuff) premade characters for blender. so if that's what interests you in terms of 3D, this is probably worth checking out.

uh this will probably be obvious, but the overview video is not a tutorial on how to animate characters in blender. this rig looks like a great tool to experiment with but you'll need to get the basics elsewhere.

vanisher

whipped up this thing thanks Manifisto for the help with the particle children stuff and other stuff!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

vanisher posted:

whipped up this thing thanks Manifisto for the help with the particle children stuff and other stuff!

that looks real :stare:

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

it's looking better and better!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Luvcow posted:

that looks real :stare:
Yeah, cactus 100%, cup 100%, only minor issues with the wood grain that I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't known the topic of the thread.

verycute

this looks great!!

vanisher

thanks! I'm going to do a little cactus flower for it but its taking me a bit as I chip away and make progress.

vanisher

Need to monkey the center bit, and add a couple more layers of petals before its done

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Need to monkey the center bit, and add a couple more layers of petals before its done

you're going to add a monkey?! :f5:

vanisher

extreme monkey action I think this one is done for now

vanisher fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 13, 2020

verycute

aww the flowers look lovely

Manifisto

it's a funny looking bong, but really nice work

Prof. Crocodile

Serious reply: this is incredible work, enough to fool my eye completely from a distance. none of that weird uncanny valley dissonance that most cg works--even the really good ones--have.

Joke reply: Plant Monster deep fake coming along real nice.

nut

knowing that this is what it could like, i now wanna get one of these cacti

vanisher

Working on a new project!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Funny, I didn't know what thread I was looking at and I thought that was a real object but not a real taco shell, like I thought you were making a plastic lampshade in the form of a taco or something like that. Which would be a cool thing to make!

vanisher

The lighting is a bit strong. I will definitely need to fix it because you're right it makes it look fake

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

The lighting is a bit strong. I will definitely need to fix it because you're right it makes it look fake

it is a glorious abomination

ty nesamdoom!

roomforthetuna

vanisher posted:

In case it wasn't clear, it was intended as a compliment kind of - it looks like an *awesome* taco lamp.

vanisher

Thanks friend! Here's the finished deal. I might mess around with the shell a bit to see if I can get it right!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Thanks friend! Here's the finished deal. I might mess around with the shell a bit to see if I can get it right!

since looking thoroughly undelicious was the goal, I'd say you have achieved a rousing success

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

worked up this little guy and thought i'd crosspost into here

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

worked up this little guy and thought i'd crosspost into here

:byob1:

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

would people be interested in a blender thread where we blender up smilies?

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

i'd join in of course

posting smiling
because manifisto asked me about how long i had used blender in his other thread i took out my backup of my computer from high school and found the oldest blender file i have. it is gingerbread.blend from june 2006 and it opens in blender 2.8 and renders as this.

Manifisto

posting smiling posted:

because manifisto asked me about how long i had used blender in his other thread i took out my backup of my computer from high school and found the oldest blender file i have. it is gingerbread.blend from june 2006 and it opens in blender 2.8 and renders as this.

a promising start!!

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I'm not sure why I waited so long to look at this thread; it's FILLED with cool models and animations that yobbers have made. Very nice work, all!

ty vanisher, ty khanstant