Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/TheFullForce/status/1290651715319074817

I'd like to think it's a good sign but as somebody says I don't know how it works with self checkout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Some Targets are locking high demand figures in the empty Switch cabinets.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So Sideshow delayed my order because I changed the shipping address (since my office can't receive packages right now.)

I guess that's nice for security reasons but I think ideally they should contact you quicker than 6 days when that's the case.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Dawgstar posted:

I'd like to think it's a good sign but as somebody says I don't know how it works with self checkout.

If you thought all the videos of Karen's freaking out about having to wear masks were bad just wait till these things start hitting the streets.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
I never quite understood why so many people were annoyed by, and didn't like AnthonysCustoms, I watched him for a while and just didn't get that feeling.

And then I commented on a video with a small correction to something he'd said. Hoo boy, did I understand what other people meant then.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 5, 2020

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I watched a single Anthony's Customs review when the Figuarts DBZ Shenron came out. He complained that the little dragon hands were articulated as opposed to just being solid. I have never watched another one of his videos. This only informs me that I've made the correct choice.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Fuzz posted:

There's a reason none of the other reviewers ever give him shout outs, he's a completely obnoxious rear end in a top hat to them, too. He's just a dude that needs to put others down to make himself feel good/thinks it makes him look good, but he's just an rear end in a top hat.

As for reviewers, the best, for me, in order:

Robo on the Fwoosh
Dan Larson on Toy Galaxy
J Hernandez
D Amazing
Shartimus
erivera94

The last two are on there solely because in the case of Shartimus, sometimes you just wanna watch some guy take pure joy in toys and really get into it, plus he's just the exact opposite of Anthony and super nice to other collectors and fans and I actually met him at NYCC and he's a really nice and approachable dude. For erivera the only reason I watch his vids sometimes us because he will drop the cash on importing SUPER early for some figures, like he already has a Beachhead review and it's been up for a week. He doesn't have that professional touch that Fwoosh or TG in particular have, but he does a decent job.

J Hernandez regularly has some awesome remixes and music in his vids, btw. He has his own silly mannerisms, but he's a cool dude who hangs in the ACBA Discord and I've chatted with him a bit. Also he is a kindred spirit in that he loves black suit Spidey just like I do.

All those people are pretty cool. I would add TMan978 to that list too, if not just because his Baltimore accent makes me chuckle.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dawgstar posted:

If they can put authorizations/age restrictions on things like medicine and games, they can probably put something on an action figure.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Dawgstar posted:

I was in Target yesterday, they only had the Wave 1 Joes :smith:

I did manage to pick up the new wave of the McFarlane DC Multiverse Nightwing, Batgirl, the BAtman Who Laughs, plus Det Comics #1000 Batman. All look and feel pretty good, although the Batman Who Laughs' face is a bit janky.

I'm really jonesin' for the Grim Knight and The Destructor (although it's a shame he's not to scale) so now I'm trying to figure out how to preorder the next wave online - it says it's through Walmart but there's no way to actually prepay, just that it's out of-stock and get notified when it's back in or is that :thejoke: somehow?

https://mcfarlane.com/toys/grim-knight-batman-laughs/
https://mcfarlane.com/toys/batman-earth-1-dark-nights-metal/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I went to a Walmart in search of some more MOTU poo poo and they had a full set of GIJC wave 1 and I pretty much had to slap myself to keep from buying them. Destro looks fantastic but I can't keep up with so many goddamned toy lines.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I pretty much had to slap myself to keep from buying them. ... I can't keep up with so many goddamned toy lines.

This has been my life lately. I'm trying to buy a drat house and I can't be just pissing away my earnings like I usually do, but cool stuff keeps happening.

It doesn't help that I've spent the past couple months going through boxes and boxes of old toys, cleaning, organizing, and trying in vain to figure out what I was smoking when I bought some of that crap.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

What do you all limit yourself to?

There are so many lines that I'm interested in, but I only have so much money and shelf space. Mythic Legions is my main focus, but I'm allowing myself to buy MOTU and Conan (keeping the sword & sorcery theme).

MOTU has so much drat stuff though. I have the Mondo 1/6 scale figures which I love, a few Super 7 Filmation figures, and the Mega Construx Castle Grayskull. So I really don't need to get into Origins, but if I find them in the wild I know I'll end up getting them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I buy Hot Toys, figma and nendoroids of characters I like. I'm not a completionist at all, although once upon a time I had the whole Avengers team in HT (but with whatever my favorite costume of theirs was, or in a couple of cases just availability.) That is no longer the case after Infinity War, and especially Endgame.

I also have other stuff (pops, Legends, the smaller Legends, Gallery statues etc.) of the ~5 comic characters I like most.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Rhyno posted:

I went to a Walmart in search of some more MOTU poo poo and they had a full set of GIJC wave 1 and I pretty much had to slap myself to keep from buying them. Destro looks fantastic but I can't keep up with so many goddamned toy lines.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Grant DaNasty posted:

What do you all limit yourself to?

There are so many lines that I'm interested in, but I only have so much money and shelf space. Mythic Legions is my main focus, but I'm allowing myself to buy MOTU and Conan (keeping the sword & sorcery theme).

MOTU has so much drat stuff though. I have the Mondo 1/6 scale figures which I love, a few Super 7 Filmation figures, and the Mega Construx Castle Grayskull. So I really don't need to get into Origins, but if I find them in the wild I know I'll end up getting them.

I wish I was more into domestic releases as they’re usually like 1/3 the price of the import figures I like.

The S.H. Figuarts of a handful of characters from Dragon Ball. But since Goku is one of them, that’s...a lot of figures.

A few characters from Star Wars. Mostly Black Series, but a few Figuarts versions.

Batman, Robin, Joker and Harley. I try to have one depiction from each type of media: comics, movies, TV, etc.

Nintendo/Mario/Zelda/Pokémon/Smash Bros. A lot of these are affordable, but the import Figmas are pricy.

Gurren Lagann (2000s mecha anime everyone should watch)

Random other anime/manga Figmas and Nendoroids.

For space/time/money reasons, I’ve limited myself to only what can fit in my 3 Detolfs.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just collect NECA’s movie figures and the occasional hot toys. My interests are limited which is a problem in my life most of the time but here? It’s good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I place a lot of limits on my collecting, so I don't spend a lot, but I obsess over the few, rare things that fall within my parameters:

Anything Blue Beetle (Ted Kord only)

Anything Booster Gold

Other DC: favorite characters only, 6" scale only (and I have no faith in McFarlane or DC Collectibles, so I'm done)

Anything Daredevil (I try to stick to the classic red costume), excluding high-end collectibles

Other Marvel: favorite versions of favorite characters from Marvel Legends (typically more modern comic versions of street-level heroes, and I feel very close to complete)

Transformers: CHUG/Siege/Earthrise -- the best versions of characters I had and loved as a kid, or always wanted as a kid (Autobots only.)

G.I. Joe Classified: favorite characters only (although I've wanted 6" Joes for 20 years, so this is the line that excites me the most)

And AEW rekindled my love of wrestling after drifting away in 2005 after Eddie Guerrero died, so I'm looking forward to owning Orange Cassidy and Leva Bates action figures.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 6, 2020

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
For me it is generally comic based Marvel Legends, particularly looks from the late 70s through the early 90s which is the looks of characters when I got into comics.

DC I tend to go with particularly good comic based Batman stuff and Green Lantern. I am really tempted by the Batman: the Animated Series stuff though.

Wrestling I generally stick to iconic looks of favorites from the late 80s/early 90s again when I got into wrestling or getting figures of my favorites from the indies from the last several years. The new AEW figures look great too.

Other than that it is random stuff that I like; Japanese Nintendo figures, the Heroes of the Storm figures from a few years ago.

There is a ton of stuff that tempts me, the Storm Collectables video game and other license figures, the Mafex Michael Jordan, Neca licensed stuff, a ton of Transformers. The problem is not enough money and especially not enough space.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I'm in the process of moving my collection to what would be 2.0, and I've spent a ton of money trying out different toy lines and franchises until settling in what I like.

Got a ton of lines I was buying into...

Marvel legends Spider-Man, X-Men, and Cosmic / FF

Figuarts Star Wars

NECA TMNT

Mezco Marvel

Mezco DC

Mezco Gomez / Rumble Society

Figuarts DBZ

Figuarts Street Fighter

Figuarts TMNT (what a sad death)

Amazing Yamaguchi Marvel (sold these already)

Mondo Batman

Loyal Subjects TMNT

A couple of Hot Toys

Masterpiece Transformers

3rd party Transformers

Hasbro G.I. Joe

Mythic Legions (dope if you are paying retail)

Treasure X (everyone should buy one of these for the experience)

And a bunch of other random one off figs.

I just ordered the Megalopolis Madball figs, and am on the fence with the Super 7 Thundercats. This is a sickness.

Edit: if I can get some time I'll have some stuff up for sale here one day soon. It's been slow moving with a new baby.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

This Batman is goddamn amazing. Lives up to all the hype, 100%.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I nearly went back for those Joes but the idea that I'll likely never find the Target exclusives was enough to keep me from doing it.

Currently I collect

Transformers (pretty much anything Hasbro releases in the main line)

3rd Party TFs (too many to keep track of)

Masters of the Universe (just jumping back in, this is going to get expensive)

I dove into Lego Dimensions pretty hard, I have every single one of the packs

Tron Legacy stuff.

Sonic Screwdrivers.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

🅱️ennywises

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Double post

Lencho fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Aug 6, 2020

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Since I don't have much money or much space, I've been very effective downsizing my collecting lately. Last year I only got something like 10 new figures total. I mostly got superhero/videogame imports (S.H. Figuarts, MAFEX, Yamaguchi a couple of Storm Collectibles) and Mezco One:12 figures. Fortunately for me, I don't really like ML/Black Series and NECA figures are really hard to get here in MX, so my options are more limited

Nanigans posted:

This Batman is goddamn amazing. Lives up to all the hype, 100%.
Just ordered this one and MAFEX Thor from Amiami, I can't wait to get it on my hands.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I stick with Hasbro releases of transformers mainly, but I've preordered the Joes I was into and that's about all I can afford both financially and space-wise.

There's a Punisher legends release on presale from bbts with Frank on a chopper-style bike that I'm trying to tell myself I don't need to spend 70CAD after shipping and exchange on. I would bankrupt myself collecting Batman and Punisher toys.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I'm in a bit of a transition period with my collection, where I'm trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff from my "buy anything I like!" days. Right now the only things I actively buy are:

NECA movie TMNT
NECA Turtles in Time series
Chun-Li stuff
Some random overpriced Play Arts Kai/Bring Arts figures from games I really enjoy (FF, Nier)
The Meisho Star Wars line
Marvel Legends for 90's X-Men (I collected this line broadly before narrowing down, and now I'm kicking myself for not grabbing 90's animated Storm and Jean)

All that said, I think I'm going to stop collecting both NECA lines now that they're dogshit to find in person, and the shipping from NECA's store is highway robbery. Going to replace those with some random Megami Device/Frame Arms figures, I think.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I don't really collect entire toy lines anymore, and I don't even really buy toys often at all, I just pick and choose really nice toys that I like, generally if it's a character I care about and it's really well-executed.

Currently the things testing my resolve extremely badly are the new Thundercats series from Super 7 and the new MOTU guys. I want to collect them all. I'm having to really hold myself back!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

New to figures, been mostly LEGO for last couple years but Bandai Dragon Ball figures might have unleashed me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I basically just grab sixth scale stuff that interests me, if I can afford it. It's expensive but cheaper than statues and I can pose em differently if I wanna.

Granted like 90% of em are in a box or shipper at the moment, but when I get my poo poo together and clean my house and put up some shelves, you bet your rear end I'm gonna have to dust like a motherfucker.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming
For me my collection has become a little more streamlined over the last few years. I really started out as mainly a Marvel Legends collector with some Dragonball Z figures thrown in here and there. But as NECA started to release more figures from movies I like I started to grab stuff from them too.

My favorite part of my collection is probably my Spiderman stuff. It used to take up an entire Billy bookshelf from Ikea but I spread it out a little bit to take up the top rows of the two bookcases I use and I like that a lot more.

https://imgur.com/xzYRAgg

Being able to split all the figures into the villains, symbiotes, and non Peter Parker related figures has really helped this collection feel a little bit more spread out so you can see everything nicely. I'm also close to having all of the Revoltech Spiderman figures but Spider-Gwen is quite elusive for a price I can actually afford.

BlackCircle fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Aug 6, 2020

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

I only have a few things I collect and it's sporadic rather than trying to piece together complete sets. The one exception is the current WWE MOTU line which is a merging of two of my favorite things. I've always collected random Universal Monsters figures and merch since I was a kid and fell in love with those movies. I have random MOTU figures from scooping them up over the years. As much as I'd love to get into the new Origins line, seeing the mad dash to buy them as soon as they're available and tales of people going to every Walmart in their state to find them... I just don't have the energy at this point.

Aside from that I just buy what looks cool and if I have room for it. I have a smattering of horror figures, wrestlers, Destiny figures, McFarlane sports, etc. My white whale has always been the McFarlane JAWS set. Just waiting on the right deal to come along.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Basically I just keep up with Transformers, but even that's hard these days thanks to circumstances. I'm not sure what's possessed me to try and get into the new Joe stuff.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I've posted my collection a few times before but it has somewhat themed shelves:

-NECA movie turtles
-Random tv and movie figures from stuff I enjoy
-Video game characters
-Nintendo characters
-Star Wars

Then my two detolfs are mostly mutant/X-Men containers, with the bottom section dedicated to Avenger heroes and villains.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I basically keep things to “stuff I actually care about” which is surprisingly very helpful despite how vague it is. For example this gi joe stuff, I basically don’t care about it at all so beyond a couple characters I won’t collect any of it. And I have no desire for complete waves unless I really care about the build a figure, like that Appcalypse wave last year.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

You can preorder MOTU Origins: Man E Faces, Scare Glow, Trap Jaw, Orko, Man at Arms, and Beast Man right now at Walmart.com .

The screwed up thing is that each of the links will take you to the WWE Masters of the Universe Snake Mountain ring. So click here and you can add them from the search:

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=masters%20of%20the%20universe%20origins&typeahead=master

edit: Someone posted this in the MOTU Origins Facebook group. It shows the stock of MOTU Origins and Master of the WWE Universe stock at Walmart.com.

https://www.bleeples.com/

edit 2: Now they're gone except for Beast Man. :(

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 6, 2020

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

What dark ritual do I have to perform to make Hasbro release the classified series cobra troopers on pulse? Blood sacrifices are out, but my soul is on the table.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Yeah I don't collect a whole lot outside of a few flagship characters I love. I'll buy an Optimus Prime, Batman, or Spider-Man related toy if I have enough affinity for it. I also don't mind having a good quality knock-off if it saves me a considerable amount of money. Thankfully I'm not into the MCU, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, MOTU, most anime or most team book characters. I've never had a completionist streak, so I keep it to stuff I'd actually want. I haven't been as excited for a new figure since the announcement of the Spider-Man retro wave.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 6, 2020

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I moved to solely 1/6 figures and I went a bit hog wild on them for a while, but I'm working on scaling back my collection and only buying figures I immediately have a strong response to, rather than "that looks kinda cool." For example I'm hyped as hell for the upcoming Hot Toys classic Spidey, since it's still somehow going to be literally the only 1/6 classic Spidey suit in existence. Unfortunately for my wallet I got it in my head that I wanted one of each Avengers character and hoo boy that quickly got out of hand. I've also decided I'm not going to be expanding my display space, so I'm forced to work with what I've got, which limits things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I just got my set of wave 1 Super 7 TMNT ultimates, and I am seriously impressed. I have only opened Splinter and Baxter so far and they are fantastic updates of the toys I had as a kid. Baxter is huge! I'm glad they included both a cloth and rubber tunic for Splinter, I prefer the rubber; it has more of that toy feeling and the cloth feels out of place.

Having gotten these I am now solidly on the gently caress NECA team, so I will be selling the neca turtles I have. Nice thing about these Super7 ones is I can actually buy them.