Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That button exists you just dont have access to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
drat, they can't even post an autoban thread, forum must be really broken

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

What in the actual gently caress is happening

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

How bout them videogames, eh?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Steam is putting Adult Only games in my discovery queue while acknowledging that I've asked not to see them. High quality.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ambaire posted:

Suicide is the answer.

Get therapy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ambaire posted:

These forums are seriously going down the drain. If there was a button that would permanently delete these forums and all the backups, I would push it instantly.

And for the record, Reddit was never a pedophile haven.

Mods, please give me an excuse to delete SA from my browser history and memory, as I will gladly do so. Although from the way my health is looking, I doubt I'll be alive past the end of this month, so just gently caress everything anyway.

Suicide is the answer.

Heaven and Hell do not exist. We are all actors on the grand stage of life. When our bodies die, we step off the stage and gaze at it for a time, before returning to it in a new body. And the stage of life may encompass any possible realm of imagination, both dreamed and yet to be. From the physical, material driven universe we find ourselves in today, to the realms of the fictional and fantastical.

Think of all the science fiction and fantasy stories you may have read. Any of those is a possible setting for this grand stage of life, across an infinite number of parallel universes and realities.

In addition, Free Will is a malleable concept. There are those of the Actors that truly have Free Will and can change their potential actions freely, and those of the Actors that are locked into a specific path in their current Role but may be interacted with by those with Free Will. There is also a sliding scale from a Fixed Path to Complete Free Will. I believe myself to be on this latter scale, although I do not know how much Free Will I truly Have.

No matter the actions that an Actor may take in their current Role on the Grand Stage of Life, they are never penalized for those Actions, and they may choose freely for any future Roles on future Grand Stages of Life.

In our Hollywood movies that have brutal Dictators and Villains, are the Actors for those roles ever penalized for future movies?

After all, the lifespan of a Human is an infinitesimal fraction compared to the Infinity of Time. Why should an immortal soul receive everlasting rewards or punishment for a single short life?

what

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Ambaire posted:

These forums are seriously going down the drain. If there was a button that would permanently delete these forums and all the backups, I would push it instantly.

Mods, please give me an excuse to delete SA from my browser history and memory, as I will gladly do so. Although from the way my health is looking, I doubt I'll be alive past the end of this month, so just gently caress everything anyway.

Suicide is the answer.

Heaven and Hell do not exist. We are all actors on the grand stage of life. When our bodies die, we step off the stage and gaze at it for a time, before returning to it in a new body. And the stage of life may encompass any possible realm of imagination, both dreamed and yet to be. From the physical, material driven universe we find ourselves in today, to the realms of the fictional and fantastical.

Think of all the science fiction and fantasy stories you may have read. Any of those is a possible setting for this grand stage of life, across an infinite number of parallel universes and realities.

In addition, Free Will is a malleable concept. There are those of the Actors that truly have Free Will and can change their potential actions freely, and those of the Actors that are locked into a specific path in their current Role but may be interacted with by those with Free Will. There is also a sliding scale from a Fixed Path to Complete Free Will. I believe myself to be on this latter scale, although I do not know how much Free Will I truly Have.

No matter the actions that an Actor may take in their current Role on the Grand Stage of Life, they are never penalized for those Actions, and they may choose freely for any future Roles on future Grand Stages of Life.

In our Hollywood movies that have brutal Dictators and Villains, are the Actors for those roles ever penalized for future movies?

After all, the lifespan of a Human is an infinitesimal fraction compared to the Infinity of Time. Why should an immortal soul receive everlasting rewards or punishment for a single short life?

Jesus Christ dude

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
Gaben needs to hurry up the impregnable VR girlfriends.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ambaire posted:

Suicide is the answer.

No. No it isn't. I really hope you get through this and reach out to get help.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Suicide sucks and it hurts not just you but everyone around you. Please don't do it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ambaire posted:

You alright buddy?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ambaire posted:

Suicide is the answer.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:ok:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Please stop quoting the bad post. Thank you. I've pinged the mods and did what I could (6-hour probation) for the moment.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

game

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Blizzard employees complain of pay disparities amid record earnings for parent company Activision

Blizzard's employees are about *this* close to engaging in collective bargaining. I don't think anyone's throwing around the u-word yet, but it's probably only a matter of time.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Blizzard just has to be silent for a while and people will forget it, like always

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I'm crazy because I actually liked Evil Within 1 a lot more than Evil Within 2. The levels are definitely more linear, but I feel like they do a better job of taking advantage of the game's plot and creating distinct, surreal, horrific environments and maintaining a degree of ambiguity about the specific details of what's going on for a significant portion of the game. I really didn't like how, comparatively, a huge portion of The Evil Within 2 takes place in residential neighborhoods/suburbia and the concrete hallways that formed the "back channels" of the simulation--even if there's a relatively interesting in-game explanation for both of these--and quickly missed the dingy, Silent Hill-esque setpieces of the first game. I think, personally, the sequel might have also explained too much too fast (although maintaining layers of ambiguity and mystery for too long isn't always a good thing either, so I'm undecided on this). Lastly, I had some really odd performance issues with EW2 on an OC'ed 6600k and GTX 1080 that made some areas kind of a slog, and didn't help with fighting the sequel's primary quick & twitchy enemies that can soak up bullets on higher difficulties.

EDIT: Oh also, there's this character (I guess it's called "Anima") that can show up in EW2; it's basically invulnerable, and its appearance turns the world blue and foggy, makes the enemies disappear, and a lot of interactive objects (like doors) stop working until you can evade her "sphere" of influence. On multiple occasions, she showed up when I was in a house or shed, and since the doors stop working when she appears, I was literally stuck inside a shed with a non-functioning door and nothing to do. Kind of funny the first time, but it happened multiple times in my playthrough.

That's all to say that the when The Evil Within 2 is on a high point, it's on a high point: The creepy photo-cubes of people mid-death, the...milky...ending, etc. They all looked fantastic and I wish there was more of that and less of Norman Rockwell in the game.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 6, 2020

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

So I've been playing Logistical lately and working on finishing up Chile and the puzzle design is fascinating - to unlock bacon I need to finish a certain city and it needs like ten different items and I have to build those industries - which means unlocking them - and then get the right sized truck fleet to move it all and Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Trying to decide when/how to replace my trucks is a puzzle.

Anyways I'm bringing this up because the whole franchise is on sale and I'm thinking of finishing my collection of Logistical 1 modules. Hmmmm. Hmm hmm.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

StrixNebulosa posted:

pros to preloading games: the space is allocated, I don't have to wait for the full install when it drops, !!!!

cons: would my steam icon PLEASE stop flashing yellow oh my god

Horizon: ZD I'm guessing? Cause yeah, this is the first game I think I've ever pre-ordered/pre-loaded on Steam and it's driving some compulsive part of my brain nuts.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
The last time I preloaded a game I think it was Portal 2 and they ended up unlocking it about 10 hours early with the ARG, which was super fun.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

StrixNebulosa posted:

So I've been playing Logistical lately and working on finishing up Chile and the puzzle design is fascinating - to unlock bacon I need to finish a certain city and it needs like ten different items and I have to build those industries - which means unlocking them - and then get the right sized truck fleet to move it all and Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Trying to decide when/how to replace my trucks is a puzzle.

Anyways I'm bringing this up because the whole franchise is on sale and I'm thinking of finishing my collection of Logistical 1 modules. Hmmmm. Hmm hmm.

The release of Earth encouraged me to actually seriously tackle a module and I'm reminded how addictive this game can be. Just move this here, just fix this road there, set up an industry over there, deliver good from everywhere to support the industry, so it can support another industry that will support another industry.

I just wish Sacada would rework the UI for once. There's like 5 windows total, and yet using them is always cumbersome.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Blattdorf posted:

The release of Earth encouraged me to actually seriously tackle a module and I'm reminded how addictive this game can be. Just move this here, just fix this road there, set up an industry over there, deliver good from everywhere to support the industry, so it can support another industry that will support another industry.

I just wish Sacada would rework the UI for once. There's like 5 windows total, and yet using them is always cumbersome.

I really want Earth, but I've also sworn to myself that I want to finish L1 first. It'll take forever and he'll have Logistical 6 out by then but damnit, I am not leaving these towns undone.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Logan 5 posted:

Horizon: ZD I'm guessing? Cause yeah, this is the first game I think I've ever pre-ordered/pre-loaded on Steam and it's driving some compulsive part of my brain nuts.

HZD, yes! It also did this for State of Decay 2, the only other game I've preloaded from steam and aaaaaa just let me make the yellow go away steam!!! Thank god it releases tomorrow. I mean I won't be able to play it directly tomorrow as I'm going on a roadtrip (one day only, no hotels, yes we wear masks) but man!

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

StrixNebulosa posted:

I really want Earth, but I've also sworn to myself that I want to finish L1 first. It'll take forever and he'll have Logistical 6 out by then but damnit, I am not leaving these towns undone.

You and me both. My inner OCD refuses to move on from L1 until I finish at least the ten modules I already have (and the few extra ones I might pick up soon?). But from what I'm seeing on the dev's discord, Earth gets positively bonkers with the setups.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
God drat it, the huge banner on the Steam front page made me think Horizon Zero Dawn came out today :(

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm crazy because I actually liked Evil Within 1 a lot more than Evil Within 2.
You're not crazy. 2 has the better gameplay, but 1's story is this wonderful combination of creepy, disgusting, action-packed and downright silly that I've never seen anywhere else (and that's a goddamn shame). 2 went for a different style, it's pretty tame in comparison and only really gets close to 1's direction with a couple setpieces (like the giant murdercamera in the sky). I'd say they are both worth playing, but with the first you're doing it for the spectacle, not the gameplay.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 6, 2020

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Edmond Dantes posted:

No. No it isn't. I really hope you get through this and reach out to get help.

If their post is true(and it could easily be hyperbol), they're going to do die regardless. I don't say that to justify suicide, but it does change the perspective.

Anyway if it actually is true I hope they spend their time better than being angry on the internet.

Final moments need to be spent better than that.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
This little banger showed up on the store for me and holy crap is it a lot of fun:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1285670/Post_Void/

It's £1.56 for some absurdly satisfying fast-paced shooting. Basically you go fast and shoot heads to race to the end of a level before your health runs out.

It's presented in this crazy MTV style cartoony way and I fuckin' love it, it reminds me of Pencil Whipped. Kills restore health, it's constantly draining, and at the end of the level you can choose a perk. My advice is to get exploding enemies by Act 2 because you'll run into clusters of annoying drone things that can gently caress you up if you don't pop them fast. Also don't worry about trying to get vertical in levels that allow it, it'll waste time.

Reminds me a lot of Devil Daggers in that while there isn't a ton there, it's extremely addictive and fun and you can play it for 20 minutes and have a blast. Good time killer.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

orcane posted:

If so, probably not by much. I had Borderlands 3 preloaded and that took forever to decrypt too.

drat I already hit the button :(

StrixNebulosa posted:

pros to preloading games: the space is allocated, I don't have to wait for the full install when it drops, !!!!

cons: would my steam icon PLEASE stop flashing yellow oh my god

thats not how this worked last time, you need tons of add. drive space for the temporary unpacking. I think it was GTA V or so where I ended up having to uninstall an add. 100GB or so simply for the lovely decryption. Dunno if it had improved since but pre-loading was always worse as games got larger since internet got also faster.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

How big is the preload for horizon?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Prokhor posted:

How big is the preload for horizon?

70GB

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm crazy because I actually liked Evil Within 1 a lot more than Evil Within 2.
Personally, I just don't really feel that Evil Within 2 improved on Evil Within 1 all that much, so I can never really see what people are getting at when they call it a superior game. Mechanically, they are all but identical. If you already didn't like how EW1 played independently from its story and the level design, then you will not like Evil Within 2 either, because it does everything Evil Within 1 did, including the things it did incredibly badly.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Songbearer posted:

This little banger showed up on the store for me and holy crap is it a lot of fun:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1285670/Post_Void/

It's £1.56 for some absurdly satisfying fast-paced shooting. Basically you go fast and shoot heads to race to the end of a level before your health runs out.

It's presented in this crazy MTV style cartoony way and I fuckin' love it, it reminds me of Pencil Whipped. Kills restore health, it's constantly draining, and at the end of the level you can choose a perk. My advice is to get exploding enemies by Act 2 because you'll run into clusters of annoying drone things that can gently caress you up if you don't pop them fast. Also don't worry about trying to get vertical in levels that allow it, it'll waste time.

Reminds me a lot of Devil Daggers in that while there isn't a ton there, it's extremely addictive and fun and you can play it for 20 minutes and have a blast. Good time killer.

Now this is the kind of poo poo I come to this thread for. I never would have ever heard of this game and I can't not get it for 2 frickin bucks.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

haldolium posted:

drat I already hit the button :(

thats not how this worked last time, you need tons of add. drive space for the temporary unpacking. I think it was GTA V or so where I ended up having to uninstall an add. 100GB or so simply for the lovely decryption. Dunno if it had improved since but pre-loading was always worse as games got larger since internet got also faster.

That was not my experience with State of Decay 2 - it put in all the space, took like two hours to decrypt, and voila game.

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer

ClothHat posted:

Is there a thread discussing Wasteland 3 anywhere? I think it's supposed to come out in couple weeks. I feel like the goon consensus nowadays is that Wasteland 2 was terrible, but I had a lot of fun playing through it on release.

I never got the impression that people thought it was terrible but I haven't lurked around. There was a big push here to get WL2 kickstartered that much I remember.

I think my copy of the WL3 collector's edition may have shipped, UPS sent me a notice about a 10 loving pound package being sent to my old address. No idea what else it could be with the game coming out so soon.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Rhandhali posted:

I never got the impression that people thought it was terrible but I haven't lurked around.
The RPG threads tend to have a very low opinion of it these days, I've seen that expressed quite consistently. I've owned the game for years but never got around to actually playing it, though, so I can't really speak to it myself. Might just be one of those situations where the only people who take the time to speak up about a game are those who didn't like what it did.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Is there a good way to get lots of night soil in Dragon Quest Builders 2? I want lots of worm food and woody goodies for my island but my villagers aren't pooping enough. how do I make them poop faster

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

StrixNebulosa posted:

That was not my experience with State of Decay 2 - it put in all the space, took like two hours to decrypt, and voila game.

Good to know. Hopefully a general change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

Is there a good way to get lots of night soil in Dragon Quest Builders 2? I want lots of worm food and woody goodies for my island but my villagers aren't pooping enough. how do I make them poop faster
Zombies drop it, as do wild animals a natural process which you can collect. But yeah, people are... well, only ever so full of poo poo, which certainly feels like a very weird thing to say on the internet, so there's a limited amount of it available at any one time and you can't do a lot to speed that up.