Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.

Flesh Forge posted:

no they just tell me

Why do you have that preference? I am super curious at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Is this the sealioning thing I've heard so much about

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

(kramers in) Hey have you heard the good word of Disco Elysium

on a semi-related note why do people use kramering in like its a bad thing. whenever kramer entered everyone clapped and cheered! everyone loved kramer! (but everyone hates michael richards... duality of man... dialectics)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

smug jeebus posted:

Is this the sealioning thing I've heard so much about

“Sealioning” isn’t real, it’s a defense mechanism created by people so they never have to explain themselves or engage with their own ideas in a discussion. 99% of accusations of sealioning are just a deflection to frame the person asking a question as an antagonist instead of a participant in a discussion. it’s a very dumb term that smart people don’t use.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I dont know you keep loving talking and its making me think it exists.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

“Sealioning” isn’t real, it’s a defense mechanism created by people so they never have to explain themselves or engage with their own ideas in a discussion. 99% of accusations of sealioning are just a deflection to frame the person asking a question as an antagonist instead of a participant in a discussion. it’s a very dumb term that smart people don’t use.

A Bust Rodd post if I have ever seen one
it is ok not to bother another person sometimes with your Very Important Opinion you know

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
post a real example of someone sealioning

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Hihohe posted:

I dont know you keep loving talking and its making me think it exists.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Bust Rodd posted:

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Bust Rodd posted:

Bust Rodd posted:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
oh well that settles that then really cleared it up for everyone lol

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Are you kidding, this happens all the dang time. Every time I get into the transgender bathroom argument, for example, I ALWAYS get some chud/terf coming at me with "oh, so you're ok with GROWN MEN going into a little girl's washroom???"

edit:

Bust Rodd posted:

Bust Rodd posted:

oh well that settles that then really cleared it up for everyone lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Bust Rodd posted:

cmon dude

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
to get back to the original point you over shared some very weird personal preferences on SA. you shouldn’t be shocked ya got mocked

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

I just wanted to know is all what the gently caress is wrong with all of you

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Badactura posted:

Why do you have that preference? I am super curious at this point

because I really like being a girl, and that's about the best option I have :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

- no one can possibly understand this :jerkbag:
- only 'wokeness' can explain such a preference :jerkbag:
- something something video games are art :jerkbag:

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

Flesh Forge posted:

because I really like being a girl, and that's about the best option I have :shrug:

Word, that makes sense

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
this sure is a derail about video games

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

this sure is a derail about video games

sorry you're not good at reading threads and following topics, make a thread in QCS about it maybe

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
temporary video game induced gender dysphoria

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Jesus Christ, this thread

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
can someone post a made-up article about ian miles cheong loving a dog so we can get back on track.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

uber_stoat posted:

can someone post a made-up article about ian miles cheong loving a dog so we can get back on track.

brother that was an ian miles cheong post

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Lolling at everyone telling on themselves.

Outstanding effort, thread.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think the telling on themselves might be the lamest reply, especially when it’s vague

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
It is us, we are the internet culture warriors who self-own.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

I heard antman cheated at sekiro smdh

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

to get back to the original point you over shared some very weird personal preferences on SA. you shouldn’t be shocked ya got mocked

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think the telling on themselves might be the lamest reply, especially when it’s vague

gotta say, of the various things I'm feeling shock is not among them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The dumbest debate term is "steelmanning". Every time some rear end in a top hat like Sam Harris says some dumb bullshit his fans'll ask why aren't you "steelmanning" his argument. Bitch I shouldn't have to make his argument for him.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

people keep trying to tell me not only am I playing the video games wrong, I am playing them wrong with the wrong ideology :confused:

gamers rising up

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

holy poo poo

e: this is a work of art. It should be in a museum.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

there's a thread in cspam for vidja yames fyi

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

gently caress this I'm going to play that American samurai game and pretend I'm writing a haiku on a mountain as golden leaves flutter around me but then turn into a hurricane and fly me out of this loving video game poo poo, namaste and kiss my rear end with your dirty pig lips

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Can we go back to clowning me for the way that I expressed my love of reading? It was pretty painful and boring, for all parties, but it wasn't as painful and boring as whatever the gently caress is going on right now.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

The dumbest debate term is "steelmanning". Every time some rear end in a top hat like Sam Harris says some dumb bullshit his fans'll ask why aren't you "steelmanning" his argument. Bitch I shouldn't have to make his argument for him.

Fools always reinventing the wheel in the worst way. It's called the principle of charity and it's reserved for arguments that are delivered in good faith, something which Harris fans can't comprehend, let alone attempt.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

collocation posted:

Can we go back to clowning me for the way that I expressed my love of reading? It was pretty painful and boring, for all parties, but it wasn't as painful and boring as whatever the gently caress is going on right now.

nerd

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

collocation posted:

Reading loving rules

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s a weird criterion for a person to limit themselves to, but it’s at least as shameful for others to take it personally.

If I liked my steak well‐done, with relish on top, I would keep it to myself, but I’m also not going to get in the mud and wrestle with someone over their own food foibles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Fools always reinventing the wheel in the worst way. It's called the principle of charity and it's reserved for arguments that are delivered in good faith, something which Harris fans can't comprehend, let alone attempt.

Yup. poo poo even if Harris is making his arguments in good faith the arguments are poo poo. I shouldn't have to construct a better argument for him - I'll mock the one he made.