Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Dreylad posted:

“Alfred E. Neuman cannot become president of the United States,” Trump told Politico on Friday using the name for the gap-toothed, big-eared Mad magazine mascot to refer to Buttigieg.

Lib and let die has issued a correction as of 22:11 on Aug 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode
Everybody took Bloomberg's money and went back to canvassing for Bernie

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

isaac hayes made Hot Buttered Soul and that excuses any weird scientology/south park stuff imo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dreylad posted:

“Alfred E. Neuman cannot become president of the United States,” Trump told Politico on Friday using the name for the gap-toothed, big-eared Mad magazine mascot to refer to Buttigieg.

It was way funnier when Buttigieg said he didn't know who Neuman was.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I didn’t know who the mad magazine kid was til I was like 30 but lmao at trump calling buttgeiger that

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

cancelling the mr peanut funeral advertising campaign because it was in bad taste as kobe bryant died in a plane crash like immediately before it

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Someone asked Mayo Pete to do the dance and he refused

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Remember when they turned out the lights at one of his speeches and acted like it was a loss of power and everyone took out their cell phones to light the room.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

All the Buttigieg fuckery in Ohio, calling his own victory early with the whole Shadow/Acronym app thing

That all feels like a fever dream now

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

chaleski posted:

All the Buttigieg fuckery in Ohio, calling his own victory early with the whole Shadow/Acronym app thing

Iowa. The other 4 letter no consonants blasted Midwestern hell scape.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

ikanreed posted:

:doh:

Same thing

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

he was perfectly fine with them poking fun at anyone and everyone else, often viciously. loving idiot lol

Trey Parker and Matt Stone have that said prior to his quitting Hayes had a bad stroke and they think he was being influenced by a new personal assistant who was affiliated with Scientology.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

chaleski posted:

pissed me off so bad. haha

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

that one response to this photo that claims this is how all soldiers eat cinnamon rolls lmao

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Dreylad posted:

Trump's uncanny ability to instantly rip people apart like a catty bitch is quite impressive

Also that just reminded me of Chris Christie just annihilating Rubio then being treated like dirt by Trump in return

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

uber_stoat posted:

Mayo Pete is a 55 year old vice president of operations to a middling fast food chain in a 35 year old assholes body

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Trey Parker and Matt Stone have that said prior to his quitting Hayes had a bad stroke and they think he was being influenced by a new personal assistant who was affiliated with Scientology.

Luckily they dealt with it like adults, as usual.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I remembered pleb-plod-gate-gate today and looked it up and it's an even bigger hoot and holler than I remember

quote:

These allegations became known in the media as "Plebgate". Members of the West Midlands branch of the Police Federation of England and Wales, Shadow Home Secretary Yvette Cooper and a leader column in the Daily Telegraph called on Mitchell to resign or be sacked.

The affair has occasionally been referred to as "Plodgate" ("plod" being mildly derogatory British slang for a police officer). The Week magazine called it "Gategate", which was picked up by Business Insider, saying that this use of the -gate suffix for scandals had taken "the practice to its logical conclusion" as a "new height of absurdity".

quote:

By April 2013, Operation Alice had cost an estimated Ł144,000.

quote:

On 5 September 2014, it was reported that the investigation's conclusion revealed the police had obtained the mobile phone records of the Political Editor of The Sun without his knowledge, through use of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, and in breach of the usual safeguards for the protection of journalistic sources.

quote:

Seven police officers were found to have committed misconduct in relation to Plebgate, one criminally, three at the level of gross misconduct and three more as misconduct but not gross misconduct requiring dismissal from the service.

quote:

Two of these officers were also accused of lying to Parliament in their evidence to the Home Affairs Select Committee in the account they gave of their disciplinary record (stating they had no record when in fact they did), and were recalled by the committee to justify this. They subsequently apologised.

quote:

On 27 November Mr Justice Mitting found: "I am satisfied at least on the balance of probabilities that Mr Mitchell did speak the words alleged or something so close to them as to amount to the same including the politically toxic word pleb." In consequence Mitchell lost the libel cases and became liable for both the Sun's and PC Rowland's costs.

All because an MP wanted to ride his bike through the big boy gate lmao

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ikanreed posted:

H and W aren't consonants anymore:confused:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

At least with H you can make the argument that it's treated like a vowel at the start of the word (i.e. "an historical event") but it's not at the start of Ohio when last I checked. W is a vowel in some languages, so a non-native English speaker could conceivably consider it to be a vowel, even though we're referring to a word in which it clearly isn't.

By coincidence H and W are the only letters whose names don't contain the sound the letter itself makes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

LastInLine posted:

At least with H you can make the argument that it's treated like a vowel at the start of the word (i.e. "an historical event") but it's not at the start of Ohio when last I checked. W is a vowel in some languages, so a non-native English speaker could conceivably consider it to be a vowel, even though we're referring to a word in which it clearly isn't.

By coincidence H and W are the only letters whose names don't contain the sound the letter itself makes.

By any usable and, indeed, commonly used definitions of vowel and consonant, both the H sound in Ohio and the W sound in Iowa are consonants.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

By any usable and, indeed, commonly used definitions of vowel and consonant, both the H sound in Ohio and the W sound in Iowa are consonants.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yeah, but "glottal stop" ruined the rhythm of the joke, you pedants

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Feldegast42 posted:

Someone asked Mayo Pete to do the dance and he refused

It's not often I'd side with Butt, but here we are...

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

LastInLine posted:

At least with H you can make the argument that it's treated like a vowel at the start of the word (i.e. "an historical event")

This just raises further questions.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

LastInLine posted:

At least with H you can make the argument that it's treated like a vowel at the start of the word (i.e. "an historical event")

That's not a vowel. It's just silent

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Lebanon’s incompetent bureaucracy blew up Beirut

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

El_Elegante posted:

Lebanon’s incompetent bureaucracy blew up Beirut

Think of how much shareholder value they created.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Remember Michelle Obama during 2016 smugly saying, "When they go LOW, we go HIGH" when everything was at maximum Decorum Brain and that darn DRUMPF was just too mean and rude to win

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

when the nra tried to make lemonade by putting whole unpeeled lemons into a blender

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Remember when that nra lady Dana something made chili that looked like diarrhea

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Remember when that nra lady Dana something made chili that looked like diarrhea

someone please post the trump edit

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ruzihm posted:

when the nra tried to make lemonade by putting whole unpeeled lemons into a blender

:hmbol:

https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/1204793403969396737?s=20

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I refuse to accept that Dan Bongino is a real name

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
that time in...panama? where trump org wouldn't let the hotel owner into the server room where they were having a paper shredding party

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

I refuse to accept that Dan Bongino is a real name

liddle danny bongos

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/351120640180355072?s=19

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
the avatar for NYCGUIDOVOICE is a real dude and he's a fox news analyst

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Peanut President posted:

the avatar for NYCGUIDOVOICE is a real dude and he's a fox news analyst

Pretty sure that dude is a union worker at Logan aroport in Boston. At least that's what the chyron says in the non-zoomed picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Easily his funniest tweet.

Eat This Glob posted:

Pretty sure that dude is a union worker at Logan aroport in Boston. At least that's what the chyron says in the non-zoomed picture

He is.