Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

golden bells posted:

I think it's because I'm a lady, but men frequently lie to me about their height. Dudes who are my height (5'4"/163cm) telling me they're 5'10"

You should tell these folks that ~serious racers~ ride smaller bikes for that superior stiffness and weight savings. Plus it makes your slammed stem look that much cooler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

golden bells posted:

I think it's because I'm a lady, but men frequently lie to me about their height. Dudes who are my height (5'4"/163cm) telling me they're 5'10"

This is really funny btw.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

This is really funny btw.

"I hunch."

golden bells
Oct 17, 2013

Hawkline posted:

I'd like to test ride a triple venti Checkpoint, no foam.

Can you remake this? I asked for carbon fiber and this is aluminum

Anachronist posted:

You should tell these folks that ~serious racers~ ride smaller bikes for that superior stiffness and weight savings. Plus it makes your slammed stem look that much cooler.

Oh I do! Well, to all 3 people who came asking about RDBs of any kind since May. I mostly sell Marlin 5s to suburbanites like most any American LBS

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

I figured it would be a lot of electros, but then I remembered this American egos we are talking about (myself included).

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Anachronist posted:

I sized up on my new crit biek :(

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
to be honest I bet a lot of people don't measure themselves or go to the doctor where they measure your height very often (or do it with you wearing shoes) and at some point just assumed they're a certain height and that's what they say despite never measuring themselves

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Levitate posted:

to be honest I bet a lot of people don't measure themselves or go to the doctor where they measure your height very often (or do it with you wearing shoes) and at some point just assumed they're a certain height and that's what they say despite never measuring themselves

Most men don’t wear 6” shoes

mystes
May 31, 2006

golden bells posted:

I'm 6'1" and I had a co-worker who was shorter than me get mad because he insisted he was 6'1" and therefore I must be taller than that.

I would gladly give up an inch or two to hit my head on less stuff, have less stress on my joints, and have the lower cancer risk, and I can't even imagine wanting to be taller than that.

mystes fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 7, 2020

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Idk being tall is pretty cool bike issues aside

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I'm going to buy my first big boy cycling shoes this weekend and I was probably leaning towards the Torch 3.0 since I know my LBS stocks them and I need to try on some sizes. Anything I should consider before I go in for the fitting? Should I bring in my bike at the same time? Should I consider a different brand/style if they have them?

I don't have pedals - there's a pair of old Keo pedals on Craigslist for $35 that I was thinking about buying until I can get Assioma Duos, but given that I'd have to buy cleats too I may end up just buying some Keo Classic pedals for $60-70.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
If you buy new pedals they’ll typically come with cleats.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I was going to wait until this was a bit more finalized to post but it’s moving a bit faster than I expected and there’s a minimum order of 10 so trying to get as much interest as I can.

I’m putting together a stupid jersey, cost should be $25+ shipping. It’s through a china kit company called Racmmer I have a few jerseys from, they’re real nice even by normal jersey standards let alone chinakit.

I’ll put together a google form for sizes once the design is finalized and the order is ready to go, but I wanted to see if there was any interest now to get the ball rolling

e:
updated the design and moved the fake sponsors to the back:

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 7, 2020

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

e.pilot posted:

I was going to wait until this was a bit more finalized to post but it’s moving a bit faster than I expected and there’s a minimum order of 10 so trying to get as much interest as I can.

I’m putting together a stupid jersey, cost should be $25+ shipping. It’s through a china kit company called Racmmer I have a few jerseys from, they’re real nice even by normal jersey standards let alone chinakit.

I’ll put together a google form for sizes once the design is finalized and the order is ready to go, but I wanted to see if there was any interest now to get the ball rolling

I'm in.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

mystes posted:

I'm 6'1" and I had a co-worker who was shorter than me get mad because he insisted he was 6'1" and therefore I must be taller than that.
I used to be 6'2" and age has shrunk me to just under 6'1". Still, when I tell people (especially women) that I'm 6'1" I always, always get, "No that can't be right. Bob/Marc/Tim/Whoever is 6'1". You must be at least 6'4"."

Smartphone companies should just have a camera app that figures out a person's height so everyone can stop lying to themselves/each other.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

:same: no such thing as too many joke jerseys

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

DeesGrandpa posted:

It also sucks for cars and smacking into branches when riding.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rope kid posted:

Smartphone companies should just have a camera app that figures out a person's height so everyone can stop lying to themselves/each other.
Apple Measure can do exactly that, I’d be amazed if Google didn’t have an equivalent

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

e.pilot posted:

In (if we can get it to the UK)

DeesGrandpa posted:

I would happily be 2 inches shorter (which admittedly would still make me 6'3)

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

e.pilot posted:

loving in

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

e.pilot posted:

I'm in

trufflefoo
Oct 29, 2006
Another 'if we can get it to the UK' in.

thebehaviorist
Jan 11, 2009

e.pilot posted:

Yep yep yep I’m in

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

e.pilot posted:

My wife wants one if she can get a women's cut one.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

thebehaviorist posted:

Yep yep yep I’m in

I wanna eat trash tooooo. I'm in.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

rope kid posted:

Friends, please help. I got a Sugino Impel triple crank, 42/32/22 (I think), 94 BCD. I bought a Wolf Tooth 94 BCD 28t chainring to replace the 32 (plan to just drop the 22), so I would have 42/28. HMMMM IDK HOW SINGLE CHAINRINGS WORK

Okay, much better. 42/29. Works for me!

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

e.pilot posted:

Agreed, I have a few of their Jerseys, good stuff, this bad boy is on its way to me. If you can get it to the UK I am in.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

e.pilot posted:

You had me at rollerdog

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
What the gently caress no mention of God's own trash ride food, the 7-11 taquito?

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Same for Mrs. Auxiliary.

Assless Chaps
May 7, 2007

*ding*
Clapping Larry

e.pilot posted:

I am just recently getting into cycling, just got my first decent quality bike, and have zero jerseys so far, but I am ready to buy the poo poo out of this.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Assless Chaps posted:

I am just recently getting into cycling, just got my first decent quality bike, and have zero jerseys so far, but I am ready to buy the poo poo out of this.

That's the spirit!

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

They're just generic china kits unfortunately

e:
They do have women's jersey's but I'm not sure if they'd do a one off

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 7, 2020

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

e.pilot posted:

I'm in.

I'd be way more in if it was an opossum, but we don't live in a perfect world.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
updated the design a bit and moved the fake sponsors to the back:

waiting to hear back from racmmer at the moment to work on the design with them and will hopefully have something ready to go soonish as far as ordering goes

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 7, 2020

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Is that Cinelli logo going to cause an issue with Racmmer? The other ones are close by way of using font or stylized letters but coffee is using their trademarked logo.

skudmunky
Apr 28, 2010

e.pilot posted:

waiting to hear back from racmmer at the moment to work on the design with them and will hopefully have something ready to go soonish as far as ordering goes

I'm in for one, if there's gonna be a women's my wife is in as well.

Love it.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Is that Cinelli logo going to cause an issue with Racmmer? The other ones are close by way of using font or stylized letters but coffee is using their trademarked logo.

Lmao, this is a $25 Ali Express kit company.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

e.pilot posted:

Ok now I want in too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

bicievino posted:

Lmao, this is a $25 Ali Express kit company.

e:
I’m also going to be selling these for cost+shipping so it’s not like I’m making big dollars off of this

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 7, 2020