Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Team boring is very boring. I think my yes Paubi vote wasn't counted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

We've burned the bridge already, No to Paubi.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

NO PUABI

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I'm shocked anyone is surprised/confused by no votes, having seen multiple votes of "do you wish to reconcile/consort with witches" over the years all get voted down. It's the same question each time and its the same answer for like 75 in game years at this point.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

yes to puabi

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
No Puabi. Also we should check in with Aaron. I wonder how he is doing.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Theglavwen posted:

My Yes Puabi vote didn't get counted.

I don’t really get the no votes. It seems so extreme not even to talk to someone, especially someone in an area that was so pivotal in our early life. Personally I wonder how many no voters are people who weren't here in the early game, and so only know Indor as a contentious topic rather than an old mentor and friend, admittedly one who primarily wanted to use us.

I don't think that's mainly it. I think it's mostly people being overly afraid, afraid that just talking with someone is going to send us down a confrontation with Tudiya path, or that some nefarious cabal of voters will immediately come out of nowhere with a majority vote to abandon El and start working blood magic. I guess it's nice to be cautious but it seems so silly, and out of character for a usually magnanimous and inquisitive guy.

Because pubai, like indor isn't going to do poo poo for us unless we agree to vivisect, which Ish and by extension the trio find repulsive. Not to mention it's a complete waste of our talents, AND we can't go monster hunting anyway, and if we could we need the monsters for the hammer.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
No to Puabi

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Yes Puabi

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

If no votes win I hope we can at least send her a basket of blooded apples

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I find it interesting that the Academy in Baitel was not founded by a son of Labaras. So not only they didn't move around, they weren't even starting all the important stuff in Baitel. Almost as if they were all too preoccupied by their own HUNGER to do anything else :tinfoil:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 6, 2020

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

No to Puabi

I will explain my reasoning behind being okay with with using a monster's still beating heart when Everstrike tells us to while I'm not okay with doing it when Puabi tells us to. It's pretty simple. Puabi is a witch, who our whole society says should not be associated with, and Everstrike is a present from El, who is our god and patron and our whole society is totally down with following. See how one of these things is doing witchcraft and the other is doing El-craft? That's my thinking.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Also, while I'm still posty theories...I'm sure this has been noticed many-lots times already, but it looks like the "owned" range for Zepath has gone down significantly since the good old days.

- We know Zepath itself is supposed to be, more or less, at the center of the claim;
- It would make sense for the Monument of Zepa to be acting as some kind of demarcation stone at the limit of his claim (in a similar way to the one at the margin of the salt flat);
- We know that, right now, the are owned around Zepath doesn't even get to Kavodel.
- I know maps are not exact and that everything could be shifted around...but still:

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Tsyni posted:

I think there is some strong dissonance at play. Most of the thread at this point accept our servant of El designation. Whatever El is he seems legit. However, there is all this contradictory stuff from the church of El that Enkidel picks and chooses, like looting the tower, going to see Amos, and on.

A large part of it is uncertainty. Does El care if we talk to someone that might not serve El? Seems like we can talk to those people with no problem as long as we don't defer to their God. It's unclear to me whether Indor/Puabi shun El. It's always been ambiguous afaik.

The other side, maybe the bigger side, are those trying to appease the conservatives in Zepath. For the life of me I can't wrap my mind around Enkidel, literal iconoclast, settling down and trying to toe the line. I understand being pragmatic, but Enkidel has the blessing of El and the moral high ground.

In other words, smh.

I think 3Dad knew what was happening when he sent us to shut down the monster trade way back when. It's basically like us with Marnal's Mercy, as long as he doesn't have to confront us with it because we were openly caught, he doesn't have to punish us, even if he thinks what we're doing is dumb. He can't ever ever tell us that because that goes against his role.

Remember how he sweated us when we came back from the grasslands? I'm pretty sure he's not dumb enough to think our story wasn't partial BS, it's just that hey, embiggeners, those are good enough to ignore the BS.

We've been witch free for a while, and it's probably increased his trust. I'd like to keep it.

No to Puabi

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

No comment re: Puabi

https://i.imgur.com/QiOC70w.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/tYv5bRZ.mp4

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Speak to Good Friend Puabi who would never do us wrong

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
She never really did us right either? She's just a person we know and had a short conversation with 16 years ago.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy

Zodiac5000 posted:

She never really did us right either? She's just a person we know and had a short conversation with 16 years ago.

Yeah, exactly. No reason not to ask them a couple questions.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I take the exact opposite conclusion from the same input, so that's kinda funny.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
No to Puabi.
We no longer need the aid of Witches. Our desires deserve to be brought to fruition, and they will be.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

The_Final_Stand posted:

No to Puabi.
We no longer need the aid of Witches. Our desires deserve to be brought to fruition, and they will be.

I desire some moonlit naked witch ritual.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Yes to Puabi just so we can get nothing out of it and stop beating our collective heads against this wall.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Outrail posted:

:agreed:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Outrail posted:

What exactly do you think "getting creative" with Naomi entails?

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009
what is a good idea if it not a terrible idea ?!

Yes to Puabi

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

No to Puabi

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Voting on Puabi closed 48 minutes ago.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

TheCog posted:

Because pubai, like indor isn't going to do poo poo for us unless we agree to vivisect, which Ish and by extension the trio find repulsive. Not to mention it's a complete waste of our talents, AND we can't go monster hunting anyway, and if we could we need the monsters for the hammer.

Why do all our interactions have to 'do something' for us? Talking to Puabi isn't about material gains, it's just about keeping communication open with people of different backgrounds and perspectives.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Because that takes time, and at some point we have made our bed regarding the things we prioritize. The time to prioritize Puabi/Indor was 'before multiple votes shut down the idea of prioritizing Puabi/Indor'.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
It doesn't take any more time than all the other minor contacts we maintain. We hardly have to prioritise to communicate - we're not talking Ish training level, we're talking occasionally pop by and ask Zebenatha their opinion level.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

Diogines posted:

Voting on Puabi closed 48 minutes ago.

Yes to goddammit

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Theglavwen posted:

It doesn't take any more time than all the other minor contacts we maintain. We hardly have to prioritise to communicate - we're not talking Ish training level, we're talking occasionally pop by and ask Zebenatha their opinion level.

Except the choices we have already made make those free. We live a life conducive to those relationships being 'gimmes'. We have actively rejected doing the things that maintaining a relationship with puabi requires, not the least of which is rejecting such relationship multiple times over.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

It only takes one vote to change all that.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Theglavwen posted:

It only takes one vote to change all that.

A vote that routinely comes up and is defeated every single time. I know people hold out hope that we might collectively change our mind, but at least recognize that it's unlikely. Acting like the negative outcome of the vote is surprising or mysterious is weird.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
"Guys I'd really like it if we could stick our dick in a beehive. We all decided not to the last 5 times but this is absolutely different because (???)"

No, can we please not do this?

"TeAm BoRiNg NeVeR wAnTs To HaVe InTeReStInG eNcOuNtErS!"

:fuckoff:

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?
I will always vote Pubai/witch every available chance I get.

One day the tide may turn, just maybe. Regardless, until that day comes I will continue to vote. I'm patient, I can wait.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
I mean realistically we couldn't even devote time to talking to our dead mother, so it's pretty in line here that we won't talk to Puabi.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

24 yes to 34 no. No prevails.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Task Manager posted:

I mean realistically we couldn't even devote time to talking to our dead mother

Well, yeah. She's dead, it'd be a one-sided conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Volmarias posted:

"Guys I'd really like it if we could stick our dick in a beehive. We all decided not to the last 5 times but this is absolutely different because (???)"

No, can we please not do this?

"TeAm BoRiNg NeVeR wAnTs To HaVe InTeReStInG eNcOuNtErS!"

:fuckoff:
But this vote is just to have a friendly conversation with our old friend the chief beekeeper! What could you possibly have against that? It’s not as though everyone in the pro-beehive-dick faction is going to instantly turn the conversation towards beehives and dicks like they did the last five times! I am truly astounded that such an innocent vote can be so controversial.