Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
None of the people this thread has reported 800 times for being seraph are seraph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Yo burrito who bought Paladinus's avatar cuz that was gonna be some funny content like 2-3 pages back

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Slumpy posted:

Yo burrito who bought Paladinus's avatar cuz that was gonna be some funny content like 2-3 pages back

its impossible to tell who bought an avatar unfortunately

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Has anyone said slump and dump yet?

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Aight since we wont find out I'll bow out anyway, have a good one fartcoin thread, don't compare bitcoin to dog murder anymore and lay off the actual stalking

new title: everyone is loving seraph *handful of clozapine into my face*

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Paladinus posted:

Has anyone said slump and dump yet?

lmao your avatar owns, do you want a new one or do you want me to fix their failed attempt at red text or just leave it as it is

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lmao your avatar owns, do you want a new one or do you want me to fix their failed attempt at red text or just leave it as it is

Nah, I'm good, thanks. All my avatars were bought for me without my input, and I intend it to stay that way.

But if anyone wants to make a donation to RAINN to give me a something funnier, I'm all for it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Slumpy posted:

don't compare bitcoin to dog murder anymore
...because it's unfair to dog murder?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Paladinus posted:

Nah, I'm good, thanks. All my avatars were bought for me without my input, and I intend it to stay that way.

But if anyone wants to make a donation to RAINN to give me a something funnier, I'm all for it.

lol sure let me know ever though, your dramatic readings have earned at least one free av change.

Anyway sorry about the big derail guys, I have all the megathreads bookmarked and up to current now, so I will hopefully see this stuff before it comes to reports now.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Slumpy posted:

Aight since we wont find out I'll bow out anyway, have a good one fartcoin thread, don't compare bitcoin to dog murder anymore and lay off the actual stalking
I dunno slump you edited this post three times again, looks like whoever bought that av had the same poor impulse control

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
loving lol getting mad and demanding to know who bought an av when the whole point is it's literally impossible to tell and they could be a lurker who's never posted

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
lets get this derail over with and go back to whatever it is you do in this thread

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
That is what we do in this thread

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah we laugh at people getting obviously scammed and then every once in a while a true believer wanders in to vomit unrelated graphs or have an argument about how “bitcoin is ethical to use, actually” which generally devolves into a weird Victor-like situation, as you’ve just seen.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

buttcoin

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

バットコイン
Battukoin

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

orange juche posted:

バットコイン
Battukoin
?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lets get this derail over with and go back to whatever it is you do in this thread

This is the bitcoin thread. Derails are the rails. Every few weeks, David Gerard dot co dot uk drops in with something informative. The rest of the time it’s, you know, this.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

This is the bitcoin thread. Derails are the rails. Every few weeks, David Gerard dot co dot uk drops in with something informative. The rest of the time it’s, you know, this.

Lol alright just mash the report button if you need something have a good time thread

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Gaukler posted:

Yeah we laugh at people getting obviously scammed and then every once in a while a true believer wanders in to vomit unrelated graphs or have an argument about how “bitcoin is ethical to use, actually” which generally devolves into a weird Victor-like situation, as you’ve just seen.

I'm starting to think that it's like toxoplasmosis and cats, touching the poop gives you brainworms that eventually compel you to Kramer your way into some discussion thread and yell at everyone that touching the poop is Good, Actually

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
I'm looking to spend literal pennies and make thousands upon thousands of dollars. Which coin is for me?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Evil Bob posted:

I'm looking to spend literal pennies and make thousands upon thousands of dollars. Which coin is for me?
best deal

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Evil Bob posted:

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bananacoin.asp

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

Sorry but I only like bananas at a very specific moment where they are just yellow and have not developed spots, maybe some green left near the stem. Just not a big banana person, you know. This being the case, I don't believe a coin tied to the export price of a Kilo of bananas is for me.

Need 5,000, 10,000, or even 100,000 chocolate coins? No problem! Give us a call.

Now this coin, this coin I may be able to get behind. The whitepaper is pretty convincing.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Evil Bob posted:

This being the case, I don't believe a coin tied to the export price of a Kilo of bananas is for me.

so you don't like bananas, no big deal. what about cocainecoin? everyone loves cocaine!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Evil Bob posted:

Sorry but I only like bananas at a very specific moment where they are just yellow and have not developed spots, maybe some green left near the stem. Just not a big banana person, you know. This being the case, I don't believe a coin tied to the export price of a Kilo of bananas is for me.

Need 5,000, 10,000, or even 100,000 chocolate coins? No problem! Give us a call.

Now this coin, this coin I may be able to get behind. The whitepaper is pretty convincing.
Going to go an a tear in Toyland

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I thought mocking Bitcoin advocates was part and parcel of this thread, especially when they come from inside the thread

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I wasn't a believer in Bitcoin. The scams, the environmental destruction, the idiocy built upon idiocy! But then I made some money on it, and, well who of us in this Capitalist hellscape is without sin. China's genociding the Uighurs or whoever. I figure what's the harm in a lil grifting. Daddy's gotta pay the rent

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Blotto_Otter posted:

I'm starting to think that it's like toxoplasmosis and cats, touching the poop gives you brainworms that eventually compel you to Kramer your way into some discussion thread and yell at everyone that touching the poop is Good, Actually

There's just a certain kind of person that's always eagerly looking for new bad ideas to try

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
John McAfee apparently arrested for wearing thong instead of face mask in Norway

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
he used to murder people in the face

now he murders people with his face

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

The source that everyone is using for that is The Daily Mail, which of course got it wrong. “Polizei” is German, Norwegian would be “Politi”. He was detained in Augsburg and told that if he wasn’t traveling through, he’d be forced to quarantine. He’s apparently in Belarus now.

Source (in Norwegian): https://www.digi.no/artikler/faktisk-no-nei-john-mcafee-ble-ikke-arrestert-i-norge-fordi-han-brukte-en-dametruse-som-munnbind/497321

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
why would mcafee go anywhere outside his poo poo eating, face shooting kingdom in international waters

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

why would mcafee go anywhere outside his poo poo eating, face shooting kingdom in international waters
Belarus is pretty close if you make/pay the right friends.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Gaukler posted:

The source that everyone is using for that is The Daily Mail, which of course got it wrong. “Polizei” is German, Norwegian would be “Politi”. He was detained in Augsburg and told that if he wasn’t traveling through, he’d be forced to quarantine. He’s apparently in Belarus now.

Source (in Norwegian): https://www.digi.no/artikler/faktisk-no-nei-john-mcafee-ble-ikke-arrestert-i-norge-fordi-han-brukte-en-dametruse-som-munnbind/497321

The source The Daily Mail used was a tweet by Mcafee himself, so the confusion is all because Johnnyboy is so drugged out he doesn't know which country he's being arrested in

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

ymgve posted:

The source The Daily Mail used was a tweet by Mcafee himself, so the confusion is all because Johnnyboy is so drugged out he doesn't know which country he's being arrested in

Yeah but they didn’t do even a cursory amount of investigation, which is par for the course.

You can’t expect John McAfee to know what country is currently in.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Gaukler posted:

A habit I have had for years now is to always read "The Daily Mail" as "The Daily Fail." Helps remind me to take everything they print with a huge grain of salt.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

A habit I have had for years now is to always read "The Daily Mail" as "The Daily Fail."

:eyepop:

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Bitcoin is being consumed by Ethereum and it's only JUST beginning :getin:

Eventually I expect most transacted Bitcoin to be on the Ethereum blockchain. Will go parabolic with ETH 2.0

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ghosTTy posted:

Bitcoin is being consumed by Ethereum and it's only JUST beginning :getin:

Eventually I expect most transacted Bitcoin to be on the Ethereum blockchain. Will go parabolic with ETH 2.0

I cant see dumbass embedded tealeaves charts, why are you claiming that there's about to be bitcoin vore, please, be detailed because I don't want to read a graph.

Let the stupid flow through you.