Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Honestly having a lot of fun with a homebrew aggro pally that makes big ole minions then uses magic carpet to clear any taunts and bash their face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Pure Paladin is very strong atm, but it does have some large weaknesses that not enough people are exploiting at the moment.

I haven't had much success with that deck tbh

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Regalingualius posted:

You can’t get a duplicate of any rarity until you’ve collected as many of the cards in that rarity as you can legally play (so 1 of every legendary, 2 of everything else). And it’s retroactive, too.

Does this count golden cards as well? I got a golden Willow which is obviously a pretty easy disenchant. Will I not be able to get another Willow until I've got at least one of the other legendaries in the set or do Golden cards not count for that?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
just beat a Taunt Warrior after Plagiarizing his Sulfuras

not got a Death Knight with it yet but it can only be a matter of time

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

a fatguy baldspot posted:

I haven't had much success with that deck tbh

HSReplay has this list as #1 by a good amount:
### Pure Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) First Day of School
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (2) Argent Braggart
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 1x (3) Aldor Peacekeeper
# 2x (3) Goody Two-Shields
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 1x (4) High Abbess Alura
# 2x (4) Lightforged Zealot
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 2x (5) Libram of Justice
# 2x (6) Devout Pupil
# 1x (6) Pharaoh's Blessing
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (7) Lightforged Crusader
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAECAZ8FBo8Jw6QD/LgDhMEDk9ADw9EDDJuuA5yuA8q4A/24A+q5A+u5A+y5A8rBA57NA8DRA8rRA+DRAwA=
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/aFYkWqFED4ykQJRdVQgxkf/

Got me into D10 at least

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 7, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

BUY WAND GET WAND FREE.

The ear worms in this game are loving on point. I've got that and POCKET SAND stuck in my head.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

### Pure Paladin
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (2) Argent Braggart
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 2x (6) Devout Pupil
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAECAZ8FBo8Jw6QD/LgDhMEDk9ADw9EDDJuuA5yuA8q4A/24A+q5A+u5A+y5A8rBA57NA8DRA8rRA+DRAwA=
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Got me into D10 at least

No consecreation? Weird

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

a fatguy baldspot posted:

No consecreation? Weird

Try to control the board with big body minions and debuffs mostly.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Getting consecration off abbess is usually a bad thing so I see why it's not included, you'd rather get a buff on her

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Why are you playing archivist in war crimes priest. The only time it's been played is after I swapped hands and it kind of ruined my day. :(

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Why are you playing archivist in war crimes priest. The only time it's been played is after I swapped hands and it kind of ruined my day. :(

anyone who experienced the era when elysiana was 8 mana instinctively and permanently associates her with assaults upon basic humanity

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pure Paladin is better but still feels like it comes down to you either draw your early attendant and Libram of wisdom or you don’t

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Meatbag Esq. posted:

For the mirror.

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009

### Pure Paladin
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (2) Argent Braggart
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 2x (6) Devout Pupil
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#

Got me into D10 at least
I'm running a similar list but with kings and authority, no barov, pharaoh's, or aldor. I think Pharaoh's is the only incorrect card there. Kings fits better, it plays more like a tempo deck. You want to get buffs out quickly so you can braggart. I've been running one pride as well to fish for braggart, such a good card.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's called Trick Totem because you have to be tricked to put it into your deck.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

kater posted:

BUY WAND GET WAND FREE.

The ear worms in this game are loving on point. I've got that and POCKET SAND stuck in my head.

Sound design is something I've admired in Blizz games, rest of it be damned.

OH, UP TO NO GOOD? ME TOO!

DO YOU HEAR HIS CALL?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
That pure paladin sure feels like the whole ladder right now. I'm playing big warrior and it's tough.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Tried a Quest Druid deck with Runic Carvings, and it worked surprisingly well in the one game I played where I outvalued a priest. It turns out that if you play Runic Carvings on an empty board after you've activated the Osiran Tear, then you'll summon 4 regular treant totems and then 3 treant totems with rush. I thought it would be just 4 treant totems with rush based on the wording, but it's two separate effects. You get overloaded 2, I presume even if you have 3 or more minions on the board and can't summon any with rush... they should, in keeping with the spirit of optimizing Choose One cards to give you the effects in the best order, reverse this unless they remove overload if you don't put any rush ones on the board.

I found a bug with runic carvings.
I had the hunter side quest summon 3 rush minions off of a trick totem. Used runic carvings to summon totems with rush and they didn't trigger the quest. Normally rush minions from spells work for that side quest.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

adamarama posted:

I'm running a similar list but with kings and authority, no barov, pharaoh's, or aldor. I think Pharaoh's is the only incorrect card there. Kings fits better, it plays more like a tempo deck. You want to get buffs out quickly so you can braggart. I've been running one pride as well to fish for braggart, such a good card.

Yeah, looks like there is an updated version that took out Barov and Pharoh's for two Kings

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mr Beens posted:

I found a bug with runic carvings.
I had the hunter side quest summon 3 rush minions off of a trick totem. Used runic carvings to summon totems with rush and they didn't trigger the quest. Normally rush minions from spells work for that side quest.

The rush minions from spells have rush innately on their cards, if you copied them to your hand somehow they’d still have rush. The treant totems get a buff from the spell that gives them rush, if you silenced them or bounced them they wouldn’t keep the rush.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Just OTK'd a wild res priest with this deck on turn 7. First try too.

### pen flinger
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Pen Flinger
# 2x (1) Praise Galakrond!
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) Questing Adventurer
# 2x (3) Seal Fate
# 2x (4) Devoted Maniac
# 2x (4) Elven Minstrel
# 2x (4) Spirit of the Shark
# 2x (4) Tomb Pillager
# 2x (4) Umbral Skulker
# 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
# 1x (6) Heistbaron Togwaggle
# 2x (6) Spectral Pillager
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Nightmare
#
AAEBAaIHBLIChReSlwPLwAMNtAHtApcGxBbb4wKX5wK0hgO2rgO5rgP+rgOqrwPOrwOfzQMA
#

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Tried a Quest Druid deck with Runic Carvings, and it worked surprisingly well in the one game I played where I outvalued a priest. It turns out that if you play Runic Carvings on an empty board after you've activated the Osiran Tear, then you'll summon 4 regular treant totems and then 3 treant totems with rush. I thought it would be just 4 treant totems with rush based on the wording, but it's two separate effects. You get overloaded 2, I presume even if you have 3 or more minions on the board and can't summon any with rush... they should, in keeping with the spirit of optimizing Choose One cards to give you the effects in the best order, reverse this unless they remove overload if you don't put any rush ones on the board.

On the other hand, gently caress druids

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Having spent most of today with fleshy zoolock and taking it from silver to diamond 5, the current list is thus:

### Soul Searching
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 2x (1) Spirit Jailer
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) Imprisoned Scrap Imp
# 1x (2) Kanrethad Ebonlocke
# 2x (2) Soul Shear
# 2x (3) Darkglare
# 1x (3) Neferset Thrasher
# 2x (3) Shadowlight Scholar
# 2x (4) Brittlebone Destroyer
# 2x (4) Diseased Vulture
# 2x (5) Void Drinker
# 2x (8) Flesh Giant
#
AAECAf0GAvukA9a5Aw4wzgfCCIGlA8e5A8u5A5vNA7jOA9bOA9fOA//OA8HRA8zSA83SAwA=
#

I came to my senses and put 2 Tour Guides in and they’ve fit flawlessly. I think one neferset thrasher is perfect because it’s such a good card on turn 3. I think that the 1 mana 1/4 neutral is too expensive in terms of life (you’re paying a minimum of 4 health to play them and you can’t run them into anything too beefy) and I think that soulciologist is too expensive.

I also am a firm believer that soulfire should be a 2 of in every zoo deck despite what VS says

Been having a lot of fun dumpstering druids

Thanks for posting this.

I took it Diamond 5 as well, now I feel like I can experiment a little more with other decks. I did replace the Scrap Imps because I often had a small hand and was typically landing the buff on 1-2 minions. I replaced them with 2 Transfer Student, which are always great on curve.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

thebardyspoon posted:

Does this count golden cards as well? I got a golden Willow which is obviously a pretty easy disenchant. Will I not be able to get another Willow until I've got at least one of the other legendaries in the set or do Golden cards not count for that?

It should, yeah, though I’ve never gotten all of the legendaries in a set so I can’t say for sure.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why do they keep giving priest zoo cards and no card draw

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

Thanks for posting this.

I took it Diamond 5 as well, now I feel like I can experiment a little more with other decks. I did replace the Scrap Imps because I often had a small hand and was typically landing the buff on 1-2 minions. I replaced them with 2 Transfer Student, which are always great on curve.

How’s that been working out? If you’re ditching the scrap imps then I bet Kanrethad could get cut along with maybe the voidwalkers?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Lol dude ran out of time but I ran into someone who pulled off the warlock quest for draw a card and cost zero and then re-ordered his deck from expensive to least and was like drat thats a good idea. Then i killed him right after.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

How’s that been working out? If you’re ditching the scrap imps then I bet Kanrethad could get cut along with maybe the voidwalkers?

I kept the Voidwalkers. Was going to replace Kanrethad, but decided to keep playing with him since I couldn't figure out a replacement, and some games I'd coin him out, and dump 2 more 1 mana demons.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So weird bug to keep in mind if you're playing War Crimes Priest: When you use Wave of Apathy+Cabal Acolyte to steal a Spellburst minion the icon will dissapear from the minion but the Spellburst is still there. In my case it was Speaker Gidra, not sure if it's exclusive to her.

EDIT: By the way be careful using Mindbender Illucia in that deck, you've got a lot of 0 cost spells the opponent could waste with your hand. Also they'll draw a card from your deck.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 7, 2020

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

RatHat posted:

So weird bug to keep in mind if you're playing War Crimes Priest: When you use Wave of Apathy+Cabal Acolyte to steal a Spellburst minion the icon will dissapear from the minion but the Spellburst is still there. In my case it was Speaker Gidra, not sure if it's exclusive to her.

The same thing happens if someone with spellburst gets buffed from a not-spell, it seems like the twinkling on the card indicating that it’s buffed makes the icon disappear

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Meatbag Esq. posted:

As others have said, it was purely for the memes. I've since taken it out, but the core of War Crimes Priest is still doing very well as I roll up through mid-Plat (60% winrate).

### War Crimes Priest
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lazul's Scheme
# 1x (0) Silence
# 2x (1) Disciple of Galakrond
# 2x (1) Renew
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 1x (2) Mindrender Illucia
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 2x (2) Thoughtsteal
# 2x (3) Breath of the Infinite
# 2x (4) Cabal Acolyte
# 1x (5) Convincing Infiltrator
# 2x (5) Time Rip
# 2x (6) Cabal Shadow Priest
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unspeakable
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
# 2x (9) Plague of Death
#
AAECAa0GCKUJgpQD47QDyL4DyMADy80Dj84D+9EDCx6QAtcKsJEDn6kD2qwD8qwDza8Dk7oDm7oD49EDAA==
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

I'm 50/50 on whether I should flex Convincing Infiltrator for the 4/5 Invoke Taunt minion. Otherwise, Sphere of Sapience is a really nice card (as I expected). I don't understand why more people aren't playing it, it's amazing in control/midrange matchups and not an entirely dead draw in aggro either. Illucia continues to be a great card that I'm sure I'm loving up every time I use it.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
jesus this really is the best deck

just had a rogue concede after I played my sphere of sapience after I stole his vulpera toxinblade, letting me control the board for 3 turns with my new 2/4 weapon

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
Priests should be placed in a separate ladder where they only play against priests.

Aaod
May 29, 2004

Chin Strap posted:

So Mindrender is busted with at least Galakrond. I was playing control priest mirror match, and I mindrendered the turn after I knew he drew Galakrond from Kronx. I played his Galakrond, and then the decks swapped at the end of his turn, but they swapped a second time, leaving me perma stuck with his hand and deck.

Lots of people reporting this, just watch out: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/i52x4m/found_a_bug_already_with_new_priest_legendary/

I had the same bug happen against a rogue where I swapped decks and used his gala. The warcrimes priest has gotten me more rage quits than any other deck I have ever played even tons when they are at full HP. I am managing around a 55% win rate with it in the diamond 4-5 bracket. The only deck I get auto stomped by is some variants of hunter and the occasional aggro deck.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I cut Mindreader Illucia from War Crimes Priest because having Plague of Death in the same deck doesn't work very well, and there aren't many combo decks right now. Swapped it with Madame Luzul but that's personal preference.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Does every rogue start with that loving 3/1 stealth in their opening hand?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

gandlethorpe posted:

Does every rogue start with that loving 3/1 stealth in their opening hand?

Yes. Just like every hunter starts with the 1/3 "you can target your hero power".

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

And every mage starts with Primordial Studies that gets them a 1 mana Solarian next turn to combo with Wand Thief.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
It's a really good feeling running a priest out of answers to a never ending parade of Troublemakers, Rattlegores and Kargath Primes as Big Warrior. I'm glad there's finally a deck I can put all the warrior legendaries I never thought I'd find a use for into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Got a little inspiration from Kibler's stream today to try a more midrangey Pen Flinger/spell hunter deck. Since I just beat a resurrect priest behind a wall of taunts, I figure it's worth sharing.

Tracked into lethal :getin:

### Spell Flinger
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 1x (1) Demon Companion
# 2x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter
# 1x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (1) Pen Flinger
# 2x (1) Rapid Fire
# 1x (1) Toxic Reinforcements
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Trueaim Crescent
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
# 1x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 1x (2) Wandmaker
# 1x (3) Ace Hunter Kreen
# 1x (3) Animal Companion
# 1x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (4) Arcane Fletcher
# 1x (4) Krolusk Barkstripper
# 1x (4) Marked Shot
# 1x (5) Cobalt Spellkin
# 1x (7) Vereesa Windrunner
#
AAECAR8OqAK1A5cI5pYD6JYD+5YDhbADgbED/7oD3MwD5MwDgtAD/tED49QDCO0G7JYD/K8Dn80Dos4D4c4D+84DudIDAA==
#