Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Leavemywife posted:

Legit question here: does having a hysterectomy really make you go into early menopause?

And to hell with the whiny men who don't want the side effects of birth control. I'd love to be able to take a pill each day, get an implant, or whatever.

It depends on if they take out the ovaries. If they only remove part or all of the uterus, then you shouldn't go into menopause afaik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Leavemywife posted:

And to hell with the whiny men who don't want the side effects of birth control. I'd love to be able to take a pill each day, get an implant, or whatever.

Same, but iirc it was actual serious side effects, I think there was some suicide ideation? Could be wrong though.

Content: I found out I have Kerbal Space program installed for some reason, but had never played it. I tried it out and am HOOKED, to the point of loving off things I have to do that involve actual space.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Depression, including suicidal depression, erectile dysfunction, severe mood swings, physical pain. The shot people are referring to in that case had some no joke bad side effects, not just making a few guys a bit "moody". Also, afik, one guy hadn't returned to a normal level of sperm production even years out from the trials, so it could also be not quite as "Take when you don't want kids, stop when you do!", and more "This could permanently or semipermanently affect your fertility."

Studies are still moving along, so there will be an option eventually, but just because they maybe weren't as rigorous on studying female contraceptives doesn't mean they should just push one out on the market for men. They should instead have, you know, been more rigorous with the female contraceptives as well.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.

Leavemywife posted:

Legit question here: does having a hysterectomy really make you go into early menopause?

Pro username/post.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My fitbit is basically bricked. The app refuses to connect to my computer or anything, so it won't send info about my steps/etc to my app, and without a syncing it's not even useful as a phone since the time is off and "manually set the time to X" isn't an option when the devices aren't paired up.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I really want to go back to Canada. Being american sucks

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I have become an ouroboros of anxiety disorder. I am freaking out about potentially freaking out about something later.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Almost done with a big lego set, and I'm missing a tiny piece.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm on vacation and there's no wifi here, and the building I'm staying in is super old so I don't get cell reception except if I go out on the balcony.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm trying to record a let's play episode, but getting a good take this time is proving really annoying because the game's checkpoints aren't good. I have to watch a 4 minute cutscene every time I try and the take can get screwed up in the first 30 seconds afterward. I'm literally typing this on my phone while I wait for it to be over for like the tenth attempt.

Edit: nope, didn't get it that time either.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 13:09 on Aug 8, 2020

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

When there's an interesting thread where three or more people you have blocked are conversing.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
The convention I was going to in Birmingham got cancelled, so now I have two weeks off work and nothing to do :smith:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
If my internet could just be Up or Down, that would be great, this "well, maaaaybe it's working" poo poo is exhausting me.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My friend's last day at my job was today. He quit without having another job lined up because he will do Doordash, and he's on his wife's insurance, but I'm going to miss him badly. We used to talk for an hour or two every day until cameras were installed, so it's not like cold turkey no contact, but still. I drove him back from a van rental place today, and he was pretty quiet and didn't want to talk.

My hedgehog, who I got from a rescue a year ago, has an unknown age, and every time he stretches a little funny, or has a shiver, I'm afraid he has the horrible and fatal shaking disease.

I found some old, like 15 year old, online rpgs an ex-friend and I did, a rpg that went on for four years or so. Our friendship ended on a bad note, and it sucks to read over the old stuff, see how young and dumb we were, and the cracks forming from poor communication. I also found the more recent emails where we got back together and worked poo poo out, and then one day she ghosted me. I still have no idea why. Was eight years ago, and with all the stress from covid and poo poo lately, it bothers me. I don't have any urge to talk to her but it irks me that she made up so much of my life and was someone I considered my best friend, and she clearly didn't feel the same.

edit: of course doesn't help that monthly time means everything sets me off tear-wise. The only good thing is I have no appetite and only eat the bare minimum because nothing tastes or sounds good.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 04:56 on Aug 25, 2020

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Whoops wrong thread

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I don't know why I go out of my way to make myself sad on the internet. Every once in a while I read posts and watch videos from people who think they're being gang stalked and I feel so bad for them that I'm almost driven to tears. Last month I read dozens of posts from a borderline pro-anorexia community on reddit and felt similarly reading firsthand accounts of how destructive eating disorders are, and especially the matter-of-fact posts about how someone just purged for the first time or something. Same with a group of people coping with chronic alcoholism.

I don't try to be a spectator for suffering. I'm not one to do stuff like seek out videos of people dying or anything. It's just something about people candidly documenting these terrible things that I find compelling.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I have a set of handweights that comfortably folds up into, basically a briefcase-shaped thing.

This is wonderful... if you replace comfortably with the much longer phrase "when you try folding the sides together, the weights fall out of the side(s) you're lifting out, making closing the drat thing impossible".

late edit to add another one in! I realized my shaver needs to be charged because I haven't charged it in forever. The (first world) problem is that the male-end (on the charging cord side) and the female-end (on the charger itself) either don't go together, or an alien has snuck in at some point and changed one or both of them without my knowledge. I'm loving broke already (a whole other slew of problems), buying a new shaver isn't on the table, and christ alive can I just get one thing to go right right now?

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 19:08 on Sep 10, 2020

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I had a potential interview for an awesome job, but they wanted a Zoom style online assessment and the times kept filling up. I had a snap during my emails back and forth to the HR person and asked how the hell I was supposed to get into this assessment when there's no open times, and it's literally set for only 15 appointments a day? She replied that they are a standard business with standard business hours, and they had one opening left at 1pm. Needless to say I didn't get it, and I am pretty sure I'm blacklisted from there now.

Had a customer scream at me today that I delivered him the wrong poo poo. Explaining that this was the poo poo I was given did not help, this order is literally what the sender put in my hands; he kept yelling that he paid my company to deliver the right poo poo, he didn't have it, now he couldn't do his job, and he demanded I fix it. Times like this I am glad we have masks on, because I was trying not to laugh half the time he kept yelling how it was my fault.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The good news is, I still have a few of these portable/microwavable breakfast meals that taste good and remind me of something my mom used to make.

The bad news is, the liquid egg stuff has somehow frozen in my freezer (probably because I haven't used them in forever), and I figure any sort of make-these-frozen-eggs-liquid-again process seems like the kind of thing that eating makes you sick.

late edit, I also can't find my nail clippers. Ok, a solid 80% of that is my own fault because I cut my nails last time on this table (that I haven't cleaned in ages) but ugh/

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 16:21 on Sep 18, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I've never been super in to holidays but this is the first Rosh Hasanah where I've been the only jew in my vicinity and it feels bad

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
e: nvm

I Am Not Spor has a new favorite as of 14:10 on Oct 6, 2020

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

About half the time an amazon rep says they will credit your account, it doesn't actually happen. Come on man it's not like that money is coming out of your pocket. Bezos isn't going to come to your cubicle and give you a foot massage for sneaking back five bucks for the business.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This off-again on-again game I 'play' (Zombidle) is shutting down. There are more reasons not to give a poo poo (it's an idle game, I haven't actually touched it in a while, etc) than to give a poo poo, but it makes me oddly bummed out. It's been a low-key touchstone for a while now, especially since it went multiplatform (phone, Steam, etc) an age ago, but even that shouldn't be enough to bum me out... but here we are.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

kitten, you have toys strewn and stashed all over the place: please select one of them instead of finding a straw I cut in half ages ago and forgot about and then proudly running around with it as though it were the Olympic Torch

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
This wasn't the right place for this. My bad.

Leave has a new favorite as of 00:06 on Oct 17, 2020

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My mom came over and made bourbon butter cake, and it turned out kind of messed up, so now I have a bunch of cake that I'm probably not going to eat.

Leavemywife posted:

This isn't the right thread, but I don't know where else to get this out.

I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles, and I hope I don't sound "gtfo"-y when I say that E/N is the perfect forum to vent about stuff like what you're going through.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles, and I hope I don't sound "gtfo"-y when I say that E/N is the perfect forum to vent about stuff like what you're going through.

I forgot E/N existed, to be honest. I'm scrapping the whole post and moving on. Just getting it out helped a lot.

There's a FWP; I generally don't feel better about a situation until I get it off my chest. Dammit, Brain, just let it go.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I would argue that telling someone- even just spouting it onto the internet- is better than bottling it up.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It scares and confuses my mother that I am actually okay with "not using my degree."

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

When you see a "two ingredient" recipe and one of those ingredients is a baking or seasoning mix, that's some bullshit.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Amazon Fresh is out of the sweet tea flavor of Mio Water Enhancer I like :saddowns: Now I'll have to actually take a chance with another one that I might not like as much.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I woke up one minute before my alarm today.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

I woke up one minute before my alarm today.

How is this not a good thing?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Because that's one extra minute of blissful oblivion they could have been experiencing.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Because that's one extra minute of blissful oblivion they could have been experiencing.

This.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I had a home sleep test last night to see if I have sleep apnea and I feel like I slept terribly, but my fitbit says I got 8.5 hours. I guess we'll see what the actual medical device says.

Also I'm originally from SC, but always get friends saying I'm from NC. Well now, I'm volunteering doing some remote election monitoring with the LDF, keeping an eye on SC media, and set up a google alert for "south carolina election 2020." Half the articles in every email are for North Carolina.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My phone reminded me that today was the day I had tickets to see Beetlejuice in the theaters for. Great!

... except that thanks to COVID, the price of getting a Lyft/Uber to the theater is a bit too pricey to go from Here to formerly-local theater (and from fomerly local theater and back) on its own. Factor in food when I get there (I love said formerly-local theater in part because they serve extremely well-prepared food beyond simple snacks), and it just wasn't worth it.

Phooey. At least Lurd's Scream Stream is going on, and I can buy a pizza for a third of the price and get it delivered.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

NYTimes has started putting some articles in feaux tweet format on their desktop website. Like they make a little rectangle with the same layout as twitter on mobile and you even have to "swipe" to read the thing which has been broken into ten sections to fit that tiny format.

I don't want to seem overdramatic but I kind of feel like someone should die for this.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I like spicy food, but I've got a sensitive stomach, which does not agree with that. It's bad enough that I need Tums even when I eat low-level spice, like the spicy Cheez-its. Home made enchiladas are one of my favorites, but I've gotta find a pussy midwestern recipe for them, otherwise I'm going to be miserable after eating any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I am depressed. And because of this, frustrated I don't have any snow peas to stress eat.