Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Saw 40 new posts and assumed someone started arguing about what constitutes a free game again so pleasantly surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Boba Pearl posted:

Please do not scream, red in the face, stomping your foot like a petulant child while whining in a high porcine voice, at your parents. While it's definitely free, it is not a game.

a high avian voice however is acceptable

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

site posted:

Saw 40 new posts and assumed someone started arguing about what constitutes a free game again so pleasantly surprised

Same

I came to terms with inverted mouse movement vs not inverted with Oni: before Microsoft bought Bungie

Had the same arguments, too

And then eventually realized it was easier to just stick with the same motions as first person shooters defaulted to

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Tamba posted:

If you're at the center, and look at the arrow, going clockwise will mean going right, no matter where on the circle it currently is

This.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

The Kins posted:

From the "dead game walking" files, but free stuff regardless: Play one game of Quake Champions during QuakeCon, get every character for free.

https://twitter.com/FrothyOmen/status/1291029976918175746
I tried this, it took forever for the game to load, it looks ugly as hell, I only had one character to choose from, and once the match started I had no idea why I got the jump on everyone yet still got killed by them even though I shot at them for several seconds before they turned around and killed me (probably because I had no idea what I was doing but the game was no help in explaining anything). Then when the match was over the game crashed.

Great game Bethesda, I have no idea why it's dead.

Edit: I tried a second match, I could choose other characters there, it took 10 minutes to find a match though.

Peaceful Anarchy fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 7, 2020

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

If you're quick you can get Monster Slayers for free right now:
https://eu.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2140143/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/monster-slayers-steam-game-key-giveaway
They're doing one giveaway a day for a few days so if you miss this you might get lucky tomorrow.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Truberbrook has been thrown onto the Twitch Prime pile.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Is that Witcher 1 giveaway still going? Post about says it was for 12 hrs and I just saw it.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

If you missed it, just subscribe to the GOG newsletter. They give away various games several times a year, and Witcher 1 at least twice a year.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

F1 2018 is free for the next two days in exchange for signing up for HumbleBundle's newsletter.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
Know what's weird? Realising that games like F-Zero and Super Mario Kart for SNES are controlled by moving the world around your stationary racer and never being able to look at it the same again.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
:catdrugs:

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

These probably aren't good, but they're free on IndieGala: Crab Dub, Borderzone, A.I.M. Racing

no broccoli please posted:

Know what's weird? Realising that games like F-Zero and Super Mario Kart for SNES are controlled by moving the world around your stationary racer and never being able to look at it the same again.

Um, that's how the universe works??

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Lots of modern games (particularly huge open world ones) still center the player or camera at the origin and move the world around it to avoid floating point precision issues :eng101:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

repiv posted:

Lots of modern games (particularly huge open world ones) still center the player or camera at the origin and move the world around it to avoid floating point precision issues :eng101:

It's how KSP tamed the Kraken :jeb:

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

no broccoli please posted:

I remember being a kid playing F-1 Race on the Game Boy and coming the slow realization that I was moving a completely still sprite across the screen while a road movement animation played out according to my position on the minimap.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

You can get F1 2018 for free on Humble Bundle right now https://www.humblebundle.com/store/f1-2018-free-game

-edit lol, chill out thread, I missed one post somebody made.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 8, 2020

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The humble newsletter gave me a link to subscribe to the newsletter to get the game

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Guys I hear humble bundle is giving out a new game again? Anyone know what it is?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Len posted:

Guys I hear humble bundle is giving out a new game again? Anyone know what it is?

F1 2018.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

I heard Humble Bundle was giving out this game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Its not quite the Super Monkey Ball realisation of you're controlling the level and not the monkey but still fun.

Camo Guitar
Jul 15, 2009
Anyone know of any F1 games from the last few years going free?

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

njsykora posted:

Its not quite the Super Monkey Ball realisation of you're controlling the level and not the monkey but still fun.

:aaaaa: That makes... a lot of sense.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
What is this, reddit?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

njsykora posted:

You kinda do both though because sometimes you go up slight inclines if you push against them hard enough.

It gets fuckier if you realize that in multiplayer racing you're controlling separate copies of the level with the other monkey superimposed on yours.

Woden
May 6, 2006

flatluigi posted:

if you grab something with your right hand, you can either turn your wrist to your right or turn your wrist to your left. I wouldn't be surprised if the people so confused by that concept that they scream at their parents turn out to be left-handed

If you start with thumbs up, radius goes right and down while the the ulna goes left and up if you're doing a clockwise rotation.

If you start from the standard anatomical position the only possible rotation is anticlockwise.

Translating a rotation to a left/right will have people confused as not everyone will start translating from the same premise.

Woden fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 8, 2020

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I got something yall can rotate on

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hwurmp posted:

I got something yall can rotate on

but which way? anti-right or clockleft?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

doctorfrog posted:

I remember being a kid playing F-1 Race on the Game Boy and coming the slow realization that I was moving a completely still sprite across the screen while a road movement animation played out according to my position on the minimap.

In the days before gameboys, there were toys like that. The little car didn’t move, but the scrolling roadway did. Good fun, i remember there being ti83 games like that, too.

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

Camo Guitar posted:

Anyone know of any F1 games from the last few years going free?

By coincidence, https://www.humblebundle.com/store/f1-2018-free-game

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Hey, I was looking to buy F1 2018, but I figured I'd stop in here first - any giveaways going on that I should know about?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

what is happening in this thread

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

cuntman.net posted:

Everyone's racing to be first, it really feels like there's some formula they have to follow when they hear about a free game and they're not often humble about it.

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Everyone's racing to be first, it really feels like there's some formula they have to follow when they hear about a free game and they're not often humble about it.

treat posted:

What is this, reddit?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

cuntman.net posted:

The thread is moving around our completely still lives

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

cuntman.net posted:

people not sayin poo poo about a 60 post derail about look inversion but jumpin down someones throat because they posted a game that was posted before

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Just following team orders.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

This is worse than the actual F1 thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Let's shift gears and mention that Truberbrook is free through Twitch Prime.