Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bastastic
Jun 20, 2010

I don't get how this card duplicate protection thing works. I have 7 animated broomsticks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Bastastic posted:

I don't get how this card duplicate protection thing works. I have 7 animated broomsticks.

Doesn’t effect commons or rares I think.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ It works for all rarities.

Bastastic posted:

It works until for each rarity until you have 2 of each from a pack. So you have all the commons from Scholomance. You get all the commons and rares really quick now with the dupe protection, and since there are so few in each set.

Note that if you dust cards you won't get those in packs until you've gotten the rest of that rarity.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Bastastic posted:

Once you have all of the commons, you will get duplicates when you unpack more commons

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Bastastic posted:

Animated broomsticks are a common. Card protection is only within any given rarity, not the entire set. For example, you won't get a rare until you've gotten two of each possible one. Ditto for common/epic/legendary.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If dupe protection was for an entire set you'd get all the cards within 27 packs. What a world that would be. I guess in that case packs would cost like $10 each.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I'm really confused about why Secret Passage isn't like "discard your hand. Draw 3 cards"

Like I haven't played for a while and I saw a new expansion so I watched a highlight clip and it's all like turn 4 kills, turn 5 OTKs, turn 3 give all minions in your hand deck and battlefield +4/+4 and then summon two 5 cost dudes with that +4/+4 and give them rush for some reason which draws you cards?

It really doesn't seem like fun. Is it fun? I saw someone played a Priest legendary that swapped hands with his opponent and used that to play cards needed for his combo and that seemed fun I suppose but only in a "if I can't have fun neither can you" way.

Is it possible that after 37 years Hearthstone has lost its way? Has power creep wormed its tentacles into this game?!

Fun theme and art design though! The themes are often quite good this one is fun.

edit: why would they nerf Innervate then print Lightning Bloom?!

Tom Tucker fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 8, 2020

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I’m a little worried that zoolock’s success is directly tied to beating up on druids but it sure does do that job well

ElectronicOldMen
Jun 18, 2018
Huzzah! Managed to climb from Diamond 5 to Legend with a variation on the war crimes priest I saw posted here.

Mindrender Illucia is by far the best card ever released. I hate not being able to affect my opponent so I love it. Haven't enjoyed the game this much since way back when mill rogue was playable in standard or the howlfiend plus treachery combo.

Wretched Tutor is also being slept on, with the number of zero and one cost spells being run in this deck it makes activating it super easy. With all the aggro running around extra board clears plus a body is very useful.

So far no decks that I seem to be weak against. Was originally worried about big druid, but they dont actually have that many threats, making it easy to steal their stuff.

### Custom Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lazul's Scheme
# 1x (0) Silence
# 2x (1) Disciple of Galakrond
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 1x (2) Mindrender Illucia
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Breath of the Infinite
# 1x (3) Shadow Madness
# 2x (4) Cabal Acolyte
# 2x (4) Wretched Tutor
# 1x (5) Convincing Infiltrator
# 2x (5) Time Rip
# 2x (6) Cabal Shadow Priest
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unspeakable
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
#
AAECAa0GCNwBpQmClAPjtAOvugPIvgPIwAP70QMLkALXCrCRA9qsA/KsA82vA5O6A5u6A5zNA8vNA+PRAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

e: Also Wretched Tutor plus Apotheosis against a wide board feels amazing.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

ElectronicOldMen posted:

Huzzah! Managed to climb from Diamond 5 to Legend with a variation on the war crimes priest I saw posted here.

Mindrender Illucia is by far the best card ever released. I hate not being able to affect my opponent so I love it. Haven't enjoyed the game this much since way back when mill rogue was playable in standard or the howlfiend plus treachery combo.

Wretched Tutor is also being slept on, with the number of zero and one cost spells being run in this deck it makes activating it super easy. With all the aggro running around extra board clears plus a body is very useful.

So far no decks that I seem to be weak against. Was originally worried about big druid, but they dont actually have that many threats, making it easy to steal their stuff.

### Custom Priest
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lazul's Scheme
# 1x (0) Silence
# 2x (1) Disciple of Galakrond
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Breath of the Infinite
# 1x (3) Shadow Madness
# 2x (4) Cabal Acolyte
# 2x (4) Wretched Tutor
# 1x (5) Convincing Infiltrator
# 2x (5) Time Rip
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unspeakable
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
#
AAECAa0GCNwBpQmClAPjtAOvugPIvgPIwAP70QMLkALXCrCRA9qsA/KsA82vA5O6A5u6A5zNA8vNA+PRAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

e: Also Wretched Tutor plus Apotheosis against a wide board feels amazing.

With mind reader what are we meant to be doing here? Emptying your hand and then swapping? I feel like I’ve always got so many good cards in this deck that swapping gives them things I don’t want to :/

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Beating an aggro rogue with pens to the face. Feels good man.

Even played against a priest jerk that screwed up my win condition.

It don't matter though. I'll make my own win condition, with blackjack and hookers.

I dunno how if this'll be any good when the meta stabilizes, but it sure is fun!

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

orangelex44 posted:

I'm 50/50 on whether I should flex Convincing Infiltrator for the 4/5 Invoke Taunt minion. Otherwise, Sphere of Sapience is a really nice card (as I expected). I don't understand why more people aren't playing it, it's amazing in control/midrange matchups and not an entirely dead draw in aggro either. Illucia continues to be a great card that I'm sure I'm loving up every time I use it.

I think that's a reasonable swap for archivist. I slotted in a sw:death for her and am currently about the same spot: trying to break my last win into diamond 5.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i unno how the gently caress yall play priest, its just a slow sad grind until the other person concedes. ive never even had a good opportunity to play mindrender its just forever value with your pal galakrond.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Mindrender is purely for breaking up combo. I basically only play it against mages and demon hunters.

Sphere of sapience is so incredibly busted in a a 30 card all gas format. Scry is strong in magic but many times at best you're filtering for or away from lands. In hearthstone you're filtering for the "cards that are good in this matchup". I think this card would be a difficult decision at around 2 durability.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

teacup posted:

With mind reader what are we meant to be doing here? Emptying your hand and then swapping? I feel like I’ve always got so many good cards in this deck that swapping gives them things I don’t want to :/

Giving the agro player a bunch of control cards doesn't really help their game plan most of the time. I had one take my galakrond but I was like who cares you have 1 card left in your deck to my 5.

Want to spend your turn board wiping with my leftover plague of death? You probably helped me out and then /I/ get to reload first. There are definitely some classes it's a dead card against. But others it completely ruins their day - especially combo decks, which control decks are notoriously weak against.

ElectronicOldMen
Jun 18, 2018

teacup posted:

Depends on the matchup. Against aggro decks if you're starting hand is all high cost cards it can be worth using early, essentially stalling the board and stealing some of their low cost cards to drop on the board.

Against mage I usually wait to the later turns, if you manage to hit their apprentices you can empty their entire hand.

Basically you need to have a solid understanding of the matchup and what their decks are trying to accomplish. Also don't be too greedy with your cards, spend them as you get them in order to keep the board. This also ensures that when you swap they are limited with what cards are left.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

RatHat posted:

It's called Trick Totem because you have to be tricked to put it into your deck.
So the first three times that I played Trick Totem the results were Evolve (into Imprisoned Observer which wasn't awful), Explosive Evolution (into Faceless Manipulator which was pretty uninsipiring) and Evolve again (into Ironbeak Owl). I got a decent run of tricks eventually but it didn't last all the way through day two in my deck.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Just had a Big Warrior game where we played Rattlegore consecutively and then over numerous turns both eventually got down to being 1/1s and removed hardway. Funniest Rattlegore moment yet, just think of the value generated!

Aaod
May 29, 2004
I think the buff paladin deck is starting to take off and become super popular anyone have a clue as to what counters it?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So after playing it in arena I think Fishy Flyer might be good enough for constructed.

4 mana 4 attack rush is already decent and you get two of them for one deck slot.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I was kinda expecting (and hoping) Pure Paladin would be a solid Tier 2 off-meta pick, but right now it's shaping up to be the new Secret Paladin in its ubiquitousness.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Not sure if it was a buffadin or a pure pally, but I "won" this game in the late game. I shame conceded thinking I missed lethal because I was so fixated on getting it through my gnomes (quest was at 2/3). There were about 5 different ways to get lethal, but I missed the most obvious one, which was just to attack with weapon into the taunt then attack face.

I know no one else seems to play hunter here, but I think this deck has potential. At least as a C-tier fun deck. It's gotten me to rank 3 diamond so far, and some of those were against decent decks! Even games I thought were a loss, I've managed to pull a win out through Pen Flinger value and clutch Krolusks.

It's also pretty skill testing, mentally and reflex-wise, due to how the weapon works and Pen Flinger math/apm.

Here's what I've settled on so far. It's nearly the same as my post on the last page, but I didn't realize I was running two weapons instead of two Wandmakers.

### Spell Flinger
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 1x (1) Demon Companion
# 2x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter
# 1x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (1) Pen Flinger
# 2x (1) Rapid Fire
# 1x (1) Toxic Reinforcements
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 1x (1) Trueaim Crescent
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
# 1x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 1x (3) Ace Hunter Kreen
# 1x (3) Animal Companion
# 1x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (4) Arcane Fletcher
# 1x (4) Krolusk Barkstripper
# 1x (4) Marked Shot
# 1x (5) Cobalt Spellkin
# 1x (7) Vereesa Windrunner
#
AAECAR8OqAK1A5cI5pYD6JYD+5YDhbADgbED/7oD3MwD5MwD4c4DgtAD49QDCO0G7JYD/K8Dn80Dos4D+84D/tEDudIDAA==
#

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

i've been trying it out, i had to swap out a few things but i'll let you know how it goes

late edit: if i had to guess professor slate is probably gonna be the star of the hunter meta.

Too Many Birds fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 8, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

More adventures in spell flinging, featuring a 23 damage exact lethal from hand. This was a nailbiter.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Aaod posted:

I think the buff paladin deck is starting to take off and become super popular anyone have a clue as to what counters it?

No joke, I think the answer is War Crimes Priest. Not only are you killing their poo poo, you're stealing it so the buffs count towards your strength. I've not had an issue against Paladin at all - aside from those games where I draw high curve and they draw low, but those just happen sometimes.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

RatHat posted:

So after playing it in arena I think Fishy Flyer might be good enough for constructed.

4 mana 4 attack rush is already decent and you get two of them for one deck slot.

stuck it in a deathrattle-flavored quest hunter deck and it's been pretty good so far

Aaod
May 29, 2004

orangelex44 posted:

No joke, I think the answer is War Crimes Priest. Not only are you killing their poo poo, you're stealing it so the buffs count towards your strength. I've not had an issue against Paladin at all - aside from those games where I draw high curve and they draw low, but those just happen sometimes.

That is what I have been mostly playing but it takes a lot of effort to take them down such as the last game I had vs one it went to fatigue and me killing his minion with 5 librams on it then swapping hands and using all of it on my own minions to run him out of cards. I guess a high effort answer is an answer at least though.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Having some fun tonight with this

### Gibberling Druid
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Acornbearer
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Gibberling
# 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (1) Nature Studies
# 2x (1) Shieldbearer
# 2x (1) Treenforcements
# 2x (2) Dreamway Guardians
# 2x (2) Power of the Wild
# 2x (2) Voracious Reader
# 2x (3) Blessing of the Ancients
# 2x (3) Savage Roar
#
AAECAZICAA/+AfcD5gXiBsOUA86UA8qcA/2nA/+tA9zMA/nMA5vOA8bRA7nSA/DUAwA=
#

Edit: I just wiped out a priest on turn 3 by making a full board on turn 1, going face on turn 2, him casting Apotheosis on one of my minions for no reason, and me top-decking Savage Roar on 3.

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 8, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Buffadins :fuckoff:

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I finally got the chance to try this out this set after being underground for a week and my sentiment is

*bangs desk harder and harder*
war crimes. war crimes. WAR CRIMES! WAR CRIMES!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Heh. Boobs. :downs:

Just noticed it completely by chance after opening some more packs.

I'm definitely experiencing a shittier drop rate for legendaries this time around, Epics are plentiful, which isn't so helpful seeing as I managed to score all of them in my bundle packs.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

gandlethorpe posted:

Got a little inspiration from Kibler's stream today to try a more midrangey Pen Flinger/spell hunter deck. Since I just beat a resurrect priest behind a wall of taunts, I figure it's worth sharing.

Tracked into lethal :getin:

### Spell Flinger
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 1x (1) Demon Companion
# 2x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter
# 1x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (1) Pen Flinger
# 2x (1) Rapid Fire
# 1x (1) Toxic Reinforcements
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Trueaim Crescent
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
# 1x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 1x (2) Wandmaker
# 1x (3) Ace Hunter Kreen
# 1x (3) Animal Companion
# 1x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (4) Arcane Fletcher
# 1x (4) Krolusk Barkstripper
# 1x (4) Marked Shot
# 1x (5) Cobalt Spellkin
# 1x (7) Vereesa Windrunner
#
AAECAR8OqAK1A5cI5pYD6JYD+5YDhbADgbED/7oD3MwD5MwDgtAD/tED49QDCO0G7JYD/K8Dn80Dos4D4c4D+84DudIDAA==
#

What’s the point of the wolpertinger in the deck?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

teacup posted:

What’s the point of the wolpertinger in the deck?

It's a strong 1-drop, especially with Adorable Infestation. It's also not a bad draw from Scavenger's Ingenuity, which can make for a powerful turn 3. This deck wants early board control, efficient trading, and chip damage so that they're in burst range in the mid-late game. Lesser uses, but still nice, are that it's an easy activator for Kill Command and Arcane Fletcher.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
Since Mindrender breaks every combo deck, I've been trying other stuff in wild and just lost as tempo hunter playing against it. It's way too low costed for what it can do; it should at least cost 6 or more. It's an auto win basically versus every deck.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Furious Lobster posted:

Since Mindrender breaks every combo deck, I've been trying other stuff in wild and just lost as tempo hunter playing against it. It's way too low costed for what it can do; it should at least cost 6 or more. It's an auto win basically versus every deck.

It's quite possibly my favourite card of the expansion.

Also, raise dead is a loving sleeper hit.

I've been enjoying this in wild :

### hague
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Forbidden Words
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 1x (1) Pint-Size Potion
# 1x (1) Reliquary of Souls
# 2x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 2x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 2x (3) Shadow Madness
# 2x (4) Cabal Acolyte
# 2x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 2x (4) Mass Dispel
# 2x (5) Convincing Infiltrator
# 2x (5) Mass Hysteria
# 1x (7) Psychic Scream
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
# 1x (9) Plague of Death
#
AAEBAZ/HAgbovwLo0AKQ0wKfqQPOvgP70QMM3AGQAtYK8gzlzAKXhwOClAOYmwOnywPLzQPXzgPj0QMA
#

Really think I need to invest in Soul Mirror. But the sheer joyous rage of popping out cabal shadow priests with servitude is just... Ahhh.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Tom Tucker posted:

I'm really confused about why Secret Passage isn't like "discard your hand. Draw 3 cards"

Like I haven't played for a while and I saw a new expansion so I watched a highlight clip and it's all like turn 4 kills, turn 5 OTKs, turn 3 give all minions in your hand deck and battlefield +4/+4 and then summon two 5 cost dudes with that +4/+4 and give them rush for some reason which draws you cards?

It really doesn't seem like fun. Is it fun? I saw someone played a Priest legendary that swapped hands with his opponent and used that to play cards needed for his combo and that seemed fun I suppose but only in a "if I can't have fun neither can you" way.

Is it possible that after 37 years Hearthstone has lost its way? Has power creep wormed its tentacles into this game?!

Fun theme and art design though! The themes are often quite good this one is fun.

edit: why would they nerf Innervate then print Lightning Bloom?!

I've only played about 20 matches yet, and the games are usually not that fast. Of course it is possible to play the 7 mana summon 2 5 mana beasts on turn one if you have coin/bloom/bloom/innervate like that one streamer had, but those games are rare.

That said, the meta is faster than it was before release, but it'a always this way. The first days are for aggro to shine before the slower decks figure out the exact cards to compete with the fast aggressive decks.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Wrong, druid always has both Lightning Blooms turn 1 to do some degenerate bullshit.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Olpainless posted:

It's quite possibly my favourite card of the expansion.

Also, raise dead is a loving sleeper hit.

I've been enjoying this in wild :

### hague
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Forbidden Words
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 1x (1) Pint-Size Potion
# 1x (1) Reliquary of Souls
# 2x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 2x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 2x (3) Shadow Madness
# 2x (4) Cabal Acolyte
# 2x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 2x (4) Mass Dispel
# 2x (5) Convincing Infiltrator
# 2x (5) Mass Hysteria
# 1x (7) Psychic Scream
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
# 1x (9) Plague of Death
#
AAEBAZ/HAgbovwLo0AKQ0wKfqQPOvgP70QMM3AGQAtYK8gzlzAKXhwOClAOYmwOnywPLzQPXzgPj0QMA
#

Really think I need to invest in Soul Mirror. But the sheer joyous rage of popping out cabal shadow priests with servitude is just... Ahhh.

Why would you use servitude on cabal shadow priests? You don't get the battlecry with it, right?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Furious Lobster posted:

Why would you use servitude on cabal shadow priests? You don't get the battlecry with it, right?

he probably means Cabal Acolytes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Julio Cruz posted:

he probably means Cabal Acolytes

Yeah, that one. Oops.

Daaamnnn I hope spellburst ends up being an evergreen mechanic, it's so fun to play with.