Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I'm not sure if the Chiefs are the best example, but if you take George Kittle away from an outside zone heavy scheme he's not the same blocker IMO. He's so loving good at knowing how to mess with edge defenders when they're trying to maintain their position when the flow is going laterally- when to torque a guy off balance, or use their momentum against them, etc. to punch above his weight class, or when he gets a shot to get to the second level.

I don't think there's any shame because there a lot of guys we think of elite who are right guy/right scheme fits, but if you ask Kittle to down block on a DE week to week IMO he's going to take more than his share of losses than some of these bigger more powerful TEs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The league needs more massive, pure blocking tight ends like Howard Cross or Brandon Manumaleuna were. Those guys own.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Joe Flacco is BACK (nearly)

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1292135871047761922?s=20

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

fartknocker posted:

The league needs more massive, pure blocking tight ends like Howard Cross or Brandon Manumaleuna were. Those guys own.

You should learn the tale of Jimmy Kleinsasser the large.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

This is slander against the Dolphins

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

OxySnake posted:

You should learn the tale of Jimmy Kleinsasser the large.

Kleinsasser is in that same category, yeah. On the other hand, Manumaleuna was listed at like 295 and I’m pretty sure he played heavier than that.

Massive blocking tight ends and fullbacks need to make a comeback.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Heartbreak and 8-8s

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
poo poo, we all forget Jeff Fisher day was almost a month ago...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Fuk u

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MORE RACES

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDpCqjjB46A/?igshid=1a0fg8er82o23

(Hill vs Mecole Hardman)

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Tom Sellout posted:

8-8s and Heartbreak

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

:hawksin:

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1292200423722496001?s=21

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How the hell is Dunbar getting out of this? Did the cops arrest the wrong person?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How the hell is Dunbar getting out of this? Did the cops arrest the wrong person?

Cheatattle Cheathawks are back baby! Sherman never held anybody, Tate caught that ball, eat poo poo, :hawksin: we're back!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

he pinned it all on college rival deande baker

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

tarbrush posted:

This is slander against the Dolphins

It's way past Valentine's day man

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

fartknocker posted:

I think the way college football has shifted to the spread and the way sports science allows for guys to be much bigger and faster than 30 years ago has really kinda hosed with positional slotting as far as what the NFL would prefer.

All of the guys who would be big "Y" tight ends are now just getting 20-30 pounds bigger and playing somewhere on the OL. All of the old I-form fullbacks are somewhere on defense, all of the old split-back guys are never learning how to block as slot TEs, etc. and so on.

IMO like at a certain point teams should just have a guy be like Eric Beverly- an OK center that got converted to TE by the Falcons in the early 2000's. I'm sure you could take a mediocre pulling guard and turn him into a better fullback than most of the guys that are getting fielded out there too.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I think the way college football has shifted to the spread and the way sports science allows for guys to be much bigger and faster than 30 years ago has really kinda hosed with positional slotting as far as what the NFL would prefer.

All of the guys who would be big "Y" tight ends are now just getting 20-30 pounds bigger and playing somewhere on the OL. All of the old I-form fullbacks are somewhere on defense, all of the old split-back guys are never learning how to block as slot TEs, etc. and so on.

IMO like at a certain point teams should just have a guy be like Eric Beverly- an OK center that got converted to TE by the Falcons in the early 2000's. I'm sure you could take a mediocre pulling guard and turn him into a better fullback than most of the guys that are getting fielded out there too.

The Ravens basically did that when they turned Patrick Ricard into a two way DL/FB with the emphasis on fullback.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

snitches get stitches he's gonna get some street justice just wait

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

kiimo posted:

snitches get stitches he's gonna get some street justice just wait

His boys are in florida extremely doubtful they even know where seattle is. Might as well be a different country

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
N.
https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1292244270531870720

V.
extreme face-turn for COVID here.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Is that a devastating blow? Heart surgery isn’t a breeze, but I’m gonna take the controversial stance that it’s a really, really good thing they caught it

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Thaddius the Large posted:

Is that a devastating blow? Heart surgery isn’t a breeze, but I’m gonna take the controversial stance that it’s a really, really good thing they caught it

They found it because he has covid. It's certainly a situation

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Thaddius the Large posted:

I agree that it's a pretty poorly phrased tweet! Definitely not devastating for the guy who could have died on the field, haha.

That possibility is really drat scary - some people just have a time bomb next to their heart.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Yeah my nephew was born with a defective heart valve like that dude and when he turned 15 they decided to do surgery. Saw your rib cage in half type surgery. Well that didn’t work so he had to go through it again a year later to do a different thing to fix it. He recovered quickly and now he’s playing basketball and doing whatever he wants

Just saying the Vikings dude is young too so he doesn’t have to worry about it for a while

Edit: I am not a doctor and Swickles or another MD can correct me

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 9, 2020

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Keith Atherton posted:

Yeah my nephew was born with a defective heart valve like that dude and when he turned 15 they decided to do surgery. Saw your rib cage in half type surgery. Well that didn’t work so he had to go through it again a year later to do a different thing to fix it. He recovered quickly and now he’s playing basketball and doing whatever he wants

Just saying the Vikings dude is young too so he doesn’t have to worry about it for a while

Edit: I am not a doctor and Swickles or another MD can correct me

I'm glad for your nephew (really) but he didn't have covid when they had to do it

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm glad for your nephew (really) but he didn't have covid when they had to do it

I’m sorry. Missed the point of that!

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Snitching is... Good?!?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I was born with a bicuspid aortic valve, and have to go to a cardiologist every 12 months for an echocardiogram to ensure it's behaving itself. I'm 37 and so far, so good.

It manifests in the womb as one of the main valves in and out of your heart developing only two cusps instead of three, and 99% of the time it's fine, but a few cases develop to the point where the valve starts regurgitating blood back into the heart chamber and the entire valve has to be replaced.

It's advanced to the point where open heart surgery is no longer required; rather, they go in through your groin like they would when they install a stent and replace the valve that way. In addition to human valves, they also use pig valves and an artificial valve nowadays. Medical science has truly come a very long way.

I'm no doctor, but from what i've been told about the new techniques for surgical fixes for this, Cameron Smith shouldn't stress too much about it. He'll probably be let go from the hospital a few days after the procedure, assuming there aren't any weird complications or infections that literally any minor or major surgery could produce.

Arnold Schwartzenegger was also born with the defect, and when he had his replaced, he had to go the open heart avenue because alternate methods hadn't been discovered yet. But for a vast majority of people who live with this issue, it doesn't even start affecting them until they're middle aged, or sometimes in their 60's. And while i'm absolutely certain that i'll have to have it replaced some day in the future, who the hell knows what kind of advancements will have happened by then?

I'm going on 40 and literally the only restriction i've ever had is "Take antibiotics before you have dental work done". Smith should recover just fine and i'm pulling for him.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Aug 9, 2020

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yeah that's a weird thing for him to decide to get done now. Might be something else going on there.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I highly doubt it fiz

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I just watched a Colombo episode where a surgeon played by Leonard Nimoy attempted to kill someone by using dissolving sutures in their heart valve replacement

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I just watched a Colombo episode where a surgeon played by Leonard Nimoy attempted to kill someone by using dissolving sutures in their heart valve replacement

Can’t believe Aaron Rodgers would do that.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Can’t believe Aaron Rodgers would do that.

Aaron Rodgers definitely knows how to drain a fleshy tube filled with blood

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Samadhi posted:

:drat:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Samadhi posted:

:whoptc:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Imagine how mad Baker is right now.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
So in a few years will Cowboys day be 8/9 or 9/8?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Samadhi posted:

Lmao i never want to grow past laughing at silly gay jokes