Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

pitch a fitness posted:

Can't think of a more suitable thread to ask so this one will have to do.

How well would the softball team with all the ringers have fared as a MLB team at the time? Would they walk the world series, are they lacking in... lets call it heart, are there any misfortunes in 1992 that players fell victim to?

I do not know baseball so please don't quote three-decimal-place numbers, unless you are willing to explain them to an idiot.

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

They’ve also already done “Bart/homer get a substitute son/dad and the other gets jealous” at least once before but probably ten times

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Just this loving season they did "Homer and Nelson/Bart and Flanders", half of which you may remember as a plot of the movie.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

bobjr posted:

After attempting to video a premeditated "accident" for submission to America's Funniest Home Videos

Is that even still a thing? Is that even still a thing people care about or are the Simpsons writers just that far in the past they think that branding has any kind of relevance in 2020 after fifteen years of that format being utterly destroyed by Youtube?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

pitch a fitness posted:

How well would the softball team with all the ringers have fared as a MLB team at the time? Would they walk the world series, are they lacking in... lets call it heart, are there any misfortunes in 1992 that players fell victim to?

I do not know baseball so please don't quote three-decimal-place numbers, unless you are willing to explain them to an idiot.

They only had one pitcher, so not great.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

ishikabibble posted:

Is that even still a thing? Is that even still a thing people care about or are the Simpsons writers just that far in the past they think that branding has any kind of relevance in 2020 after fifteen years of that format being utterly destroyed by Youtube?

It's still on and rates better than any of the Fox Sunday lineup.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back

I'm actually tempted by the Mr Plow, if only my feet got cold while I'm out

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

J-Spot posted:

If anything the exponential explosion of the majority of humanity having a camera on hand at all times and the popularisation of the format is not going to make people want to watch America's Funniest Home Videos less.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

J-Spot posted:

:stare:

Color me surprised.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

ishikabibble posted:

:stare:

Color me surprised.

It's cheap as hell to produce and last I heard it was used to pad the schedule or as a back up in case something live didn't start on time/didn't go as long as hoped.

It being a cultural thing that The Simpsons is mentioning is still weird.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

pooch516 posted:

It's cheap as hell to produce and last I heard it was used to pad the schedule or as a back up in case something live didn't start on time/didn't go as long as hoped.

It being a cultural thing that The Simpsons is mentioning is still weird.

Yeah, that it's still relevant seems likely a coincidence.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yeah, that it's still relevant seems likely a coincidence.

there's a throwaway line about it on Rick and Morty, but part of the line is that he's not sure it still exists

I would've thought that YouTube obviated it, but YT probably just made it even easier to put together

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah, just steal all of your content from YouTube or wherever, and gear the show towards older boomers that aren't quite comfortable with the Internet yet.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

pitch a fitness posted:

Well if Darryl Strawberry can hit a home run on command, I think they would have won the World Series!

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Extremely powerful avatar potential right here

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

Yeah bumblebee man is pretty bad, especially hsi segment on 22 Short Films About Springfield, but to cut the writer's a teensy bit if slack he's based on an 80s Spanish slapstick comedy TV show called Chapolin Colorado about a dude in a bug suit, which accounts for some of his eccentricities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ9a0FyxKd0

im mexican and ive never found him offensive (or heard anyone else do) because yeah, hes so obviously based in el chapulin colorado

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Fingerless Gloves posted:

I'm actually tempted by the Mr Plow, if only my feet got cold while I'm out

Interestingly, “Mr Plow” is what your wife calls me

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
She drat sure doesn't call you plow king

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Mr Interweb posted:

i don't know if the bumblebee/wacky costume thing is a stereotype, but i figured it would be more the character's exaggerated lines in spanish

yeah its this but thinking about it: bumblebee man is a guy who was not racist when conceived and was a funny parody to a racist stereotype and a weird as gently caress character, especially because there aren't really any other hispanic characters in springfield

it doesnt hold up and when they're making the guy an actual furry instead of a guy who doesn't take off his costume it's way beyond parody

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Everything about modern Simpsons is offensive, so modern Bumblebee Man taking a turn for the worse isn't surprising.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Making a character a furry is worse than making them a shallow stereotype of their race imho

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

the best bumblebee man gag was when lisa concluded that he was the one trying to murder homer

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

They’ve also already done “Bart/homer get a substitute son/dad and the other gets jealous” at least once before but probably ten times

It’s basically what that episode where Bart gets a “big brother” was about.

AHH F/UGH posted:

Making a character a furry is worse than making them a shallow stereotype of their race imho

Do people still care about furries?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Vagabundo posted:

Do people still care about furries?

Only 4chan and kiwifarms.

Homers' parents marriage comes to mind as something that's got rather few precedents in TV shows and is rarely played for jokes. They're pretty outright said and shown to have had an unhappy marriage, and multiple affairs on both sides. But not to the point of abuse, it seems, just that they simply didn't work- and the time seems to strongly suggest they got married simply because that's what you had to do back then. And while Abe quite clearly wasn't a good husband, he's absolutely right to call out Mona for leaving them with little warning (even if she had a good cause) and leaving him to raise Homer on his own, which he clearly wasn't well equipped to do.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
i think the furries are split into the communists (good) and the fascists (bad) but no "ha ha they are furries" is pretty mid 2000s humor since there are lots of actually Dumb And Bad people online now.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Someone hasn't been reading the front page lately lol

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I learned that Furries refer to other Furries with bad hygiene as "Musky Huskies" and that's objectively really funny.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

bus hustler posted:

i think the furries are split into the communists (good) and the fascists (bad)
I think they run the full range of human experience, while also being sexually attracted to something unusual

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Plan Z posted:

I learned that Furries refer to other Furries with bad hygiene as "Musky Huskies" and that's objectively really funny.

lmao

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Furries it seems will not turn down an opportunity to make bad animal puns.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

There's a scary number of furries who literally and unironically are keen on raping and molesting animals who can't consent

If even 5% of the posts on 4chan furry boards and reddit are unironic, it's some horrifying poo poo

There was that megapost on GBS 1.0 where they used to post screencaps of weird posts on furry forums and there was poo poo like "how do I gently broach the subject of asking out a dog's owner that I see walking whose dog sniffs me and jumps up on me when I walk past on a play date/date date with his dog?" and stuff like that

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You could say they're morally inept

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I've suffered for so long. Why can't I die?

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Amazing to think this might not even be the lowest point of the Simpsons

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
If the survey that started this thread off is anything to go by, it's not even top 5.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

spaceblancmange posted:

Amazing to think this might not even be the lowest point of the Simpsons

Hey, "Panda-Monium" is a really good pun

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
the sign clearly says they're just going to sleep, i don't know why everyone hates that scene so much

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
Is Homer considered a furry because of that scene now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

No, it was the animal that raped him, not the other way around.