Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

One of these days I’ll figure out the optimal length for naps and ascend to godhood. Until then I’ll have to make do with a 1:1 ratio of ones that make me feel energized and ones that make me feel like I’ll die in the next 30 minutes after waking up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I find the shorter the better OP, unless I’m really exhausted in which case better just to power through and go to bed nice and early that night. Napping when too tired is a recipe for disaster, in my experience

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

However there's nothing better than going for a 30 min nap and then 3 hours have past.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Immortal Hulk is so impossibly good. That and Hickman's whole X-Men imprint are the best poo poo Marvel has done in years.

He's been more miss than hit for me lately but I'll always have a special place in my heart for Tom
King's runs on Mr Miracle and Vision, even if he is a war criminal.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’ve read that naps are energizing if they are between 30-45 minutes. I usually time mine for 39.

I read the One Punch Man trade. Good but short! Now I have to spend...$130 on the rest of them??? Goddamn you manga dudes don’t gently caress around.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Jeffrey: Puts up a canary about the sale

Me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ykAXB3JFy4

Edit: Xavier is streaming Fall Guys with Ceasro, Breeze and the guy who will job to a kicker

https://www.twitch.tv/austincreed/squad

Critical fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Aug 8, 2020

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

All you fuckers should play fall guys with me

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I will if you are playing it on The Play Station Four

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

extradite THIS! posted:

I will if you are playing it on the Play Station Four

This is unfortunate

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
What is fall guys, could someone explain it to me? Wikipedia's description is very unhelpful explaining to me why it is the gaming craze sweeping the globe and I literally only heard of it the day it was released when everyone was suddenly super hyped for it.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

karmicknight posted:

What is fall guys, could someone explain it to me? Wikipedia's description is very unhelpful explaining to me why it is the gaming craze sweeping the globe and I literally only heard of it the day it was released when everyone was suddenly super hyped for it.

Think Takeshi’s Castle but with up to 60 bumbling jellybean-looking characters running around simultaneously. There are race rounds where you’ll navigate different obstacles, team games like tag and football and stuff like that. One game is several rounds and every round some people are eliminated until in the final round one player emerges as the winner. It’s chaotic, silly, infuriating and pretty fun

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i freakin love fall guys

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

karmicknight posted:

american gladiators meets MXC meets cute jellybeans

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I want them to add a penguin outfit. My black bean with dove lower part is almost close but I want a penguin outfit it’s all I ask

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

All you can do is run, jump, dive, and grab things like a small child. It is incredibly fun

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yeah it’s like if Guts was played by Teddy Bears.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fall Out Guys

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
breaker morant-man

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I had my first fall guys win finally it was glorious

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Breaker Morant-man

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I would personally prefer lessant-man

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Captain Magic posted:

I’ve read that naps are energizing if they are between 30-45 minutes. I usually time mine for 39.

I read the One Punch Man trade. Good but short! Now I have to spend...$130 on the rest of them??? Goddamn you manga dudes don’t gently caress around.
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/one-punch-man
It's two bucks a month. I think it caps the number of issues you can read in one sitting or whatever.

OPM is actually a hard series to recommend currently. The artist has kinda gone insane.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i still haven't won yet :(

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Spiderdrake posted:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/one-punch-man
It's two bucks a month. I think it caps the number of issues you can read in one sitting or whatever.

OPM is actually a hard series to recommend currently. The artist has kinda gone insane.

I would like to know more?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

i still haven't won yet :(

:same:

one day tho :unsmith:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Captain Magic posted:

I would like to know more?
OPM essentially has three venues of production; webcomic, manga and anime. The recent anime was trash. The webcomic stalled out when ONE was finishing up his other, also very good series mob psycho. But the manga, drawn by Murata, has been stretching the plot thin to add more details (gorgeously drawn details, mind) and horny posting that would get you banned from the AEW thread.

Unfortunately Murata is a perfectionist and has turned his eye on previous chapters, so now it's a stagnant plot with the artist re-drawing old chapters and it's spending years going nowhere. It's still gorgeous and funny, but it feels aimless and it kinda drains the fun out of it. And like, OPM barely has a plot to begin with, so we're grasping at sand here.

Unless you mean Viz. Pay them $2, read all of OPM and CSM, be satisfied with your choices.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’ve been watching the new Watchmen series and as someone who read the book a few times I have no idea what is happening and I feel
stupid, also how in the world is someone who didn’t read the book able to understand any of it, I don’t think i’ve seen a show this unfriendly to new comers ever, it feels like surrealist on accident.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’ve been watching the new Watchmen series and as someone who read the book a few times I have no idea what is happening and I feel
stupid, also how in the world is someone who didn’t read the book able to understand any of it, I don’t think i’ve seen a show this unfriendly to new comers ever, it feels like surrealist on accident.

it ties together the further you get in.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Spiderdrake posted:

OPM essentially has three venues of production; webcomic, manga and anime. The recent anime was trash. The webcomic stalled out when ONE was finishing up his other, also very good series mob psycho. But the manga, drawn by Murata, has been stretching the plot thin to add more details (gorgeously drawn details, mind) and horny posting that would get you banned from the AEW thread.

Unfortunately Murata is a perfectionist and has turned his eye on previous chapters, so now it's a stagnant plot with the artist re-drawing old chapters and it's spending years going nowhere. It's still gorgeous and funny, but it feels aimless and it kinda drains the fun out of it. And like, OPM barely has a plot to begin with, so we're grasping at sand here.

Unless you mean Viz. Pay them $2, read all of OPM and CSM, be satisfied with your choices.

Got it in the first one, but I appreciate the latter too! Thanks!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when i heard of fall guys it made me think of gangbeasts and human: fall flat and i wonder if the people who made those are bitter that they almost but didn't have quite the right idea to be an extreme smash hit

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
say hello to the fall guy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hello

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm getting drunk with my wife this is fun

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I liked the Watchmen tv show but the TV IV thread scared me off of talking about it with goons. In other news, I just watched Deliverance for the first time. It was a feel good movie

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Y'all see that WAP video? Huh.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

It's the pandemic "relief" I'm looking for lol

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Y'all see that WAP video? Huh.

Pretty good song, reminded me how much I love Gangsta Boo tracks

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why is it censored

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Fall Guys is a good time. I make it to the end level most of the time, but Royal Fumble is a bullshit game. Shouldn’t be two minutes long when there’s less than ten folk.

Also. Fall Mountain’s real name is the Aggro Crag/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

Fall Guys is a good time. I make it to the end level most of the time, but Royal Fumble is a bullshit game. Shouldn’t be two minutes long when there’s less than ten folk.

Also. Fall Mountain’s real name is the Aggro Crag/

I got my second win tonight it was sweet. Really fun game with a group we should get a PSP crew together if anyone else is on ps4