Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I have a bad feeling Kevin is going to go. He feels like he’s in a lot less people’s plans than Keesha and is looking to be the expendable one. Don’t do this to me Big Brother :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think it might come down to whatever the gently caress Day is doing. If Day wants to keep Keesha and/or work with Janelle/Kaysar then that's 4 votes + Bayleigh. And that makes it a close enough vote that people like Christmas, Dani, and Enzo might not think its worth drawing a line like that and exposing poo poo so early for someone who isn't in their plans in Kevin or to take out someone who isn't a huge threat in Keesha and make a bunch of enemies who are threats. So then they all just flip and its a House Vote against Kevin.

On the other hand of Day wants to work with Cody bad enough then she, Bayleigh, Nicole, and probably Ian combine with Cody's crew and its a House Vote against Keesha.

I just have a hard time seeing the house split in this scenario. Kaysar wants it sooooo badly but nearly everyone else in that house thinks they're playing way more smoothly than they are and want to stay under the radar.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I think it's fascinating how this game has played out so far. Everyone has been trying to keep their cards close to their chest so far and is just waiting for someone else to make a mistake. If this was a newbie season, I feel like more people would be up for joining Kaysar and drawing the line in the sand. Meanwhile, in this season, people are trying to suss each other out and aren't willing to lock anything down just yet. I feel like there's a sense that people want to keep their options open and don't want to commit to anything just yet.

I've been really impressed by Memphis and his ability to just be completely inoffensive. He's shrewd because come on, he was Dan's right-hand man and is lucky enough to be in a very good position of not having to play his hand and just float to whichever group has greater numbers. He probably wants to keep Keesha, but I don't think he'd risk his game for her if he feels the numbers don't fall that way. He's made good observations about how he should proceed with his own game and is pretty much locked for the jury because stuff is happening around him and no one wants to use an HOH to take him out.

If Kevin and Keesha weren't on the block, they probably could've been in the same situation as him but alas, Kaysar and Janelle have immunity so they ended up being the "safest" targets. I feel bad people are souring on Kevin grovelling to Cody because he sort of has to. Dani is a blind spot for the Kaysar side and part of me is unsure they can get enough numbers unless, as you say, Day decides to commit to Keesha and has enough of a vendetta against Nicole F to want to go against her. I find it hard to believe that Kevin will stay loyal to Cody after week 1. If Cody's side wins HOH next week, he'll probably play nice but otherwise, he'll stick to his previous game and just float over to whichever side has the numbers.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'd probably be more sympathetic to Kevin if he was like saying "I know I'm an expendable pawn but I just gotta kiss Cody's rear end to get his alliance's votes" or something. But instead he, Nicole, and Day literally believe that Tyler and Janelle are puppetmastering the house and Cody is a took of theirs and this is all an elaborate con to target him. Which is just so loving nuts that I don't think it could be more wrong if they were just locked in a room unable to talk to anyone or see anything.

And like I don't know what the gently caress Day is thinking because she's all over the place saying 8 things and she could well be just saying this poo poo to gently caress with them or something. And Nicole at least has the excuse of that exact insanity actually happening to her a year ago. But Kevin is 100% convinced he's the target and the whole house is conning him. So like... I just have a hard time getting behind him even though he seems like a great guy and my heart breaks for his insecurities.

I don't dislike him or anything but I kind of want that kind of player out of the game before they gently caress poo poo up. BB seasons are ruined by floaters with terrible reads.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Kevin, don't disappoint me like this :negative:. Going off what's being said on reddit, I'm just facepalming. So hard.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Currently:
- Janelle told Nicole she won't go up as a replacement nom. Which Nicole is taking as evidence that Janelle is working with Cody and in control.
- Kaysar told Nicole that he expected the noms to be Keesha and one of Kevin, Nicole, or Ian. Which Day said is the list of eliminations Kaysar was just taunting her with.

They've completely lost their god damned minds. Nicole's SO convinced that she's reliving last season that she can't interpret events in any way except "a secret mega alliance is loving with me" and just be like "Janelle and Kaysar think Memphis is the backdoor target." Day... who knows? And Kevin just seems like he's spiraling and believing whatever the last worst case scenario he heard was.

MAYBE this poo poo sobers up after POV. Even if noms stay the same like, shouldn't they clue in once Cody's crew all start pushing for Keesha to go and the Old Schoolers want her to stay? Or do they just convince themselves that's more nonsensical cons?

Then again if Keesha does win POV then what? Cody puts up Nicole or Ian and they're further convinced that was the plan all along? Or he does backdoor Memphis after the Old Schoolers tip their hand and they convince themselves this proves Kaysar and Janelle were taunting them with the plan the whole time? Its all utterly irrational at this stage.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I already see people trashing Kevin's BB11 game and saying he was never really good on Reddit. The reads are very much yikes, but I just hope people don't retroactively think that players were always terrible.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jimmydalad posted:

I already see people trashing Kevin's BB11 game and saying he was never really good on Reddit. The reads are very much yikes, but I just hope people don't retroactively think that players were always terrible.

Always Badding is one of the dumber trends of today's internet.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also this is mildly unreleated and probably unrealistic based on the less than mainstream popularity of the show in its home country, but if Canada can find a way to safely do it with quarantining in place and a 2 week sequester for the players and some staff (paying them well compensation for doing so), and only after they're able to safely do so with a minimal staff, i think they should give resuming CBB8 another shot. you can run a season with the same 12 players, have arisa just Zoom in as host, have player and staff interaction minimized, you could probably do much lower scale and lower budget games that don't require as much crew to physically work on challenges.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

jimmydalad posted:

I don’t remember him in BB11 at all, but I also don’t rewatch seasons. I know I watched Season 1, and then never watched again until 8 but I haven’t missed a season since.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he and natalie from that season played a huge part in blowing up the jeff/jordan/michelle/russell alliance and it allowed them to take over the game when they should have been dead to rights after chima's expulsion

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Seems like the house in general doesn't really give a drat who goes other than Kaysar and maybe Janelle. Everyone knows that poo poo isn't gonna pop off until power shifts or stays the same. I'd like to see Kevin stay in though because I'm the one dimensional fan who roots for weirdos and underdogs. Memphis had a very interesting conversation with Cody today and I agree he might be in the strongest position of anyone in the house right now. If Keesha saves herself, good for him. If she doesn't, he still has options. I don't think I could say the same for Kaysar and Janelle.

People are just playing so carefully and trying to sow potential seeds of success for down the line that it's hard to tell what's solid or not right now. The only solid thing in the house now is the boulder of poo poo forming in Nicole A's stress ravaged body.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

To expand on Kevin, he essentially set up a lie before Russell even before he was in danger that he called back upon when things were looking real bad. If he had won the Final HOH, he would've easily won the season against Jordan or Natalie. He played a floating game, managed to stay off the block until week 7 and was correct on everyone vote except one because he refused to vote for his ally Lydia.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Was S11 Natalie the one who didn’t shower?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

Was S11 Natalie the one who didn’t shower?

she showered when she had access to the hoh bathroom because at the time that one didnt have cameras trained on it

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, it really puts BB Lore in context when like "the one who didn't shower" and "Nasty Natalie" is actually "a young woman who was uncomfortable showering in an open bathroom and shower in front of live feeds.

Anyway...

Cody talked with Ian last night about forming a group. Ian was amenable but nothing concrete was discussed and no secrets were shared. Ian promised not to use POV if he plays/wins but it was unlikely he was ever going to do that.

Kevin talked to cameras. He’s completely convinced Janelle is running the house and is Cody’s new Derrick. Which is really insane when you remember that Janelle wasted her Safety Pass this week. He seems to be leaning towards choosing Enzo as HG Choice. He thinks Nicole F is just like Jordan. Kevin is… lost.

Memphis and Kaysar talked and Memphis confirmed he wants to throw POV and avoid a target. Kaysar tried to convince him if he does that he could be a backdoor target. Memphis thinks Cody just wants to making the easiest move but Kaysar told him he thinks he’s missing the bigger picture and they want to bust up a duo. They’re kind of both right. Kaysar tells Memphis he needs him and Keesha in the game but Memphis says he doesn’t trust Keesha. That’s gotta set off all kinds of alarms with Kaysar.

It went about as terribly as Kaysar could imagine but he seems to be taking Janelle’s words to heart and is trying to calm himself down and not spiral out in Week 1.
https://twitter.com/VOMinorities/status/1292126512901165057

He’s even got jokes.
https://twitter.com/VOMinorities/status/1292132695082926087

I keep getting tweets about the hypocrisy of Jerry Falwell and Liberty University on my BB list and now I realize its because I put Ovi’s girlfriend on it last season.

Memphis then sold Kaysar and Janelle out to Cody, saying Kaysar’s spinning out and they think there’s an alliance. Memphis is clearly just covering his own rear end. Cody confessed that Kaysar was his original target “cause he rubs me the wrong way” but denies all the other stuff Kaysar’s 100% right about like the alliance or Kevin being a pawn. Memphis wants a 6 person alliance with Christmas, Bayleigh, and “Taylor” and Cody suggests Dani to round it out. Memphis and Cody had an ease that some feedsters are interpreting as a pre-game alliance. I dunno.

Basically.
https://twitter.com/BBFunnies/status/1292144499234201603

Enzo and Dani had talk about getting the house mega alliance together. Its all the same dynamics. The young pretty white people and Enzo. David, Bay, and Day on the outer circle. The main difference is Dani and Enzo are super sketched out about Ian but Cody and Nicole clearly want him in. I don’t know where Tyler stands.

Cody and Kaysar lied to each other more about working together. Its boring but at least Kaysar isn’t spiraling out and is still playing the game. They both agreed you can’t win BB in Week 1. Kaysar said he doesn’t want to use POV.

Janelle keeps lighting up the BB Community.
https://twitter.com/powerofcheeto2/status/1292163526723809281
https://twitter.com/BB22LiveFeeds/status/1292174726165602311

Josh confirming some stuff we already knew.
https://twitter.com/JOSHMBB19/status/1292168381228089345

Kat’s had a rough day.
https://twitter.com/vetowinners/status/1292130292082397185
https://twitter.com/itskathryndunn/status/1292136039704920066
https://twitter.com/itskathryndunn/status/1292141554254127104
https://twitter.com/itskathryndunn/status/1292146342584881152

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They have no hot water. That could be contributing to the deteriorating mental state of the HGs. They’re also not getting any access to the backyard, which isn’t usually THIS restrictive. Its sounds like they’ve been warned there will be lot less backyard time due to safety precautions. Also Nicole hasn’t taken a poo poo since they entered the house so she might actually be suffering toxic delirium or something.

On the other hand…
https://twitter.com/rosesveto/status/1292169426658304001

Dani proposed that she and Cody form a F4 with Day and Bay. Dani’s working hard to kind of move herself into the core of everything. Basically Cody, Dani, Tyler, and Nicole F are all playing the exact same game which means they’re all playing the same games with each other and have cross section F2s and a bunch of other combinations involving Enzo, Day, Bay, Christmas, and Ian depending on the individual’s preferences. An unsophisticated person would call that a typical Week 1 House mega alliance but they’re all trying very hard to NOT say that.

Another consistent theme is everyone wants to work with Day but no one wants to work with Bay. That’s gonna be a serious problem for Bayleigh because sometime soon someone’s gonna want to eliminate that problem. Janelle and Kaysar are the only ones I’ve noticed who want to work with Bay but that’s mostly because they’re desperate and looking for anyone who is willing. But my guess is Bay will go wherever Day’s weathervane takes her.

For my part Bay does this thing where she like chews on her tongue or something? I can’t figure it out and its consuming me.

Everyone hates Nicole F.
https://twitter.com/ElissaReillyS/status/1292186077466255361

Day and Christmas touched base. They both flat out say they had pregame deals with Josh so it seems like they might have a loose one between each other. Both say they want to work with Kaysar but they’re worried they might have missed their chance and he has his people already (while Kaysar is somewhere losing his mind about how to find allies).

Kaysar’s been out and about all day but its been all social game stuff and no real game talk. He seems to have taken Janelle’s words to her and taken his shot with Memphis and is letting the rest play out without him having to force it. It might be too late but if he’s gonna avoid being a pre-jury boot a 3rd time he’ll need to not fall into that same trap of making himself the center of the house. He obviously needs something to break for him next week and a HOH to get some allies and get rid of one of his enemies would be huge. But he’s gotta find a way to do it that isn’t a big, meme worthy Kaysar moment. And for now everyone who isn’t Cody and Dani seem to like him.
https://twitter.com/BB22LiveFeeds/status/1292187765652807680
https://twitter.com/JokersBBUpdates/status/1292189552820486144

Kevin told Dani his theory about Tyler and Janelle running the house. Trusting Dani is obviously a mistake but that could help Kevin because Dani’s got no real loyalty to either of them and if she does tell Cody and Nicole F it they should love that they’re not getting the blame.

Kat entering the competition for my new favorite silly Twitter BB gimmick account that I annoyingly keep posting with Orville dead.
https://twitter.com/itskathryndunn/status/1292186268131119108

On the other hand…
https://twitter.com/BBFunnies/status/1292196252927442944

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

I think Memphis might explode at the living conditions issue. I mean he already did last night very late. He went downstairs making a ruckus and yelled, "They clearly want us awake!" and the feed cut for a good bit.

I love Kat and that you're including her tweets.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Memphis is in a real good spot but I see two big problems with his game.

1) Everyone wants to work with him, but he's way too casual about discarding the only allies who REALLY seem like they'd stick their necks out for him vs people who just see him as a number and someone they don't want targeting them.

2) Everyone loves him and he's real pleasant, but he's fraying at the edges about the living situation and that could explode.

There's also a low key thread there about the age/maturity divide in the house. Last night Memphis went to bed earlier than most (like after 1 AM) and he's a Have Not and they don't turn the lights off until all the Have Nots are in bed. So Kevin and Nicole A went to bed because they didn't want to keep him up. But Ian is also a Have Not and was in HOH messing around with Cody and his crew. Memphis started to get frayed about it and they knew it and Ian felt guilty and wanted to go to bed. But the rest of them were like "no, forget that, enjoy your experience." Day then left and told Kevin and Nicole A about it and that she thought it was weird and Ian felt uncomfortable.

Those are the kind of personality clashes we're probably seeing the early stages of that we usually only join a week+ in. It also might be the first signs of a traditional obnoxious "cool kids" group.

Day in particular was part of the big house "cool kid" group in both of her seasons but gradually kind of fell away because of personality clashes. So as good a position she's in right now I'm curious to see if that pattern continues.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

POV players picked. Enzo, Ian, and Kaysar playing because of course Kaysar got picked.

Kevin got HG Choice and picked Enzo. Enzo confirmed what everyone but Kevin knows that he won’t use it. Ian told Cody last night he won’t use it either. Kaysar initially thought it was imperative to use it but Janelle might have convinced him it would be a bad move. Its probably up to Keesha and Kevin to save their own asses.

Day hosting.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Anyone else find themselves obsessing more than normal about this show because of COVID?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Pillowpants posted:

Anyone else find themselves obsessing more than normal about this show because of COVID?

Yes, me for sure

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

I'm a hopelessly addicted feedster. I like everyone in there too. If I try listing my favorites I always go over six and just stop.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sure, sure. I'm addicted because of covid. Lets go with that.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Sure, sure. I'm addicted because of covid. Lets go with that.
having covid for 18 years is tough

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Watching feeds and reading STAC's recaps are the most normal Ive felt since lockdown started

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hey, guys, guess what? The Jacks are still racist pieces of poo poo.
https://twitter.com/melbrown00/status/1292235142354870272
https://twitter.com/maximusmom13/status/1292232248045891584
https://twitter.com/BB22LiveFeeds/status/1292237897559613440

This is long and great and the clips don’t do it justice.

https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/status/1292235637190348800
https://twitter.com/SwaggyCTV/status/1292235757688520704

https://twitter.com/TheBigBroTea/status/1292245898743836672

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 9, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

https://twitter.com/MelissaCJenkins/status/1292202669596172288

That long David/Day talk eventually transitioned into game talk. Most notable David confirmed that he’s been playing stupid and isn’t actually a space cadet and does know how the Veto works. He said he was good with Nicole A and Bayleigh and wouldn’t mind an alliance with that crew. Neither want Kevin to go but aren’t really willing to stick their necks out for him. And he likes Enzo because everyone likes Enzo. But he really likes Nicole. Because she’s Nicole.
https://twitter.com/DukeTheBBDuck/status/1292245461978492928

Tyler might have been picked instead of Kaysar. Its unclear. Tyler is like never on feeds.

Enzo: I can’t believe he picked me.
Me neither, Enzo.

Cody and Enzo had yet another talk about the general dynamics of their group that isn’t a group. This is probably how every big alliance forms but like we never see it and its tedious as gently caress to see the dance as they feel each other out. Its all the same names for the most part. Enzo doesn’t want Ian. Cody wants Janelle and doesn’t think she’s as tight with Kaysar as everything thinks (also he’s a coward and she’s a comp threat so he wants her on his side). David seems to have fallen out of the conversation a bit, probably because he’s so drat spacey and clueless. They want to call themselves The Roots. Ok, now I’m offended.

Interestedly Tyler’s really not feeling as well positioned in this as you think. Like he’s there but he doesn’t feel like he’s at the core of Cody, Dani, and Nicole or even Enzo. Some of that might be people aware of Tyler’s game and not wanting to fall for it. Some of it is probably Tyler aware of that and trying to play back a bit. I don’t think Tyler is in any immediate danger and relationship form over weeks, not days. But he feels boxed out a bit at the moment.

Everyone Hates Nicole F.
https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/status/1292207686604296193

Enzo and Cody approached Bay about the proposed thing with Day. Bay’s game. Cody said he’d want some more numbers (you know, all his allies he’s already got a group with). Bay asked about the Old Schoolers but Cody politely dismissed them from the conversation. Bay was excited to pick an alliance name. All Stars.

Memphis is 100% convinced Kevin is not a pawn, Cody has no group, there’s no push for a target from him, and Kaysar is wrong about everything. Meanwhile Memphis is very obviously being left out of the group forming.

Kaysar and Ian were talking POV and Ian told Kaysar how sick he’s been feeling in the house and how much trouble he’s been having socializing. Kayzar told him he could always come to him and just be himself and do whatever he needed to do and that he wanted to have his back. Ian said he was a sucker for old school players so he would do the same for him. Kaysar said he really wasn’t looked for a deal or “reciprocation”, just that he also identifies as being on the spectrum and Ian’s story “hit deep” for him. Ian seemed more receptive/comfortable than the group conversation last night to me, but I dunno.
https://twitter.com/Tooms_BB/status/1292234052204781568

Ian’s also just feeling sick from the slop and puked this morning. Nicole told him not push himself in the POV because she could probably talk Cody into keeping “us” off the block. If Ian knew he’d hate Nicole F too.

Keesha and Janelle had a really hilarious laugh session about Kaysar losing his mind but said they both get Memphis’ hesitation. Keesha thinks she can maybe get the votes with Enzo, Nicole A, Day, and Dani. That’s a bad read but I still think Day is the key and no one knows what Day is thinking except Day. Also Janelle admitted that the reason she hates floaters is because she’s jealous and wishes she could play that game.
https://twitter.com/DukeTheBBDuck/status/1292237705594667009

This helped.
https://twitter.com/TheBigBroTea/status/1292240787137105920

POV still hasn’t started so its gonna be like a 2 AM result.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 9, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, that explains a lot of why Paulie, Day, and Nicole were so nuts about Tiffany.
https://twitter.com/TiffanyAlexis04/status/1292199963779366918

Incidentally all the pregame alliances probably goes a long way to explain why players like Kaysar, Nicole A, and Kevin who don’t seem to be in the community can be SO isolated and losing their minds. They’re basically playing a game that everyone else started playing weeks ago. Like as I type this I’m listening to Dani, Day, Nicole F, and Bayleigh compare stories about Rachel’s kid. How do you break into and feel comfortable with a group of people that have all that history and shared poo poo?

https://twitter.com/Tooms_BB/status/1292263668667703296

Everyone’s just been chilling waiting for POV. Christmas spent some time with Kaysar, Keesha, and Janelle and gelled real easy. She’s a real wild card. She’s on the periphery of the Cody/Tyler group but clearly not a part of the core and not pressing to be part of it aside from like one F2 conversation with Tyler. She’s been bonding a lot with the Old School parents and I think may low key be playing the best social game in the house (but there’s a lot of contenders there with Enzo, Memphis, Dani, Cody, and Kaysar). She and Kaysar had a lot, good personal bonding talk about family and life and religion and all sorts of stuff and Christmas is real good with those too. I don’t really know how Christmas is gonna fall with everything when given choices. On some level she’s gotta realize she stands a better chance in the end game with the other middle aged parents when she’s clearly the most athletic of them than with Cody and Tyler. Then again maybe she thinks she can out think/play the kids over people like Kaysar and Janelle.

Also I learned that Christmas’ kid’s name is Loyal Atticus. Big Brother players have the most amazing kid names. Poor kids. BB45 Loyal Atticus vs Adora Borealis is gonna be amazing..

BB22 don’t do small talk.
https://twitter.com/powerofcheeto2/status/1292260236716384258

You know what’s funny? Even they’re not here I think the BB22 All Stars have talked about Rachel and Dan more than anyone in the cast.
https://twitter.com/powerofcheeto2/status/1292265008315990016

Ian has requested a backgammon set. Apparently a bunch of them got addicted in sequester.

Janelle.
https://twitter.com/ButFirstRoxy/status/1292242810691710976

Dani cares very deeply about some movie star who got drunk and paparazzi took pho’s and sci dhe was cheating on his wife or something. I really want to see Dani and Kaysar have a long one on one. I bet that would be something.

https://twitter.com/powerofcheeto2/status/1292270249618935808

Memphis is hosed up from the slop too. New Slop is apparently brutal. Apparently they replaced regular oats with steel oats and it takes an hour of boiling to soften them and feels like eating pebbles.

Memphis: I think its just such a hosed up thing to be like Oh lets compete for HOH but if you really want to compete you might get slop” well I don’t really want to compete.
Ian: It wasn’t even that because that wasn’t even mentioned.
Memphis: I know but if they had said tat though I would have been like “ehhhhh.”
Ian: I feel like i got punished for getting a question right.
Memphis: Yeah, basically. I got punished for trying.

I’m gonna watch movies. See you in like 8 hours when POV ends.

Did you know Twitter existed during BB10?
https://twitter.com/TheOviKabir/status/1292225588036419584

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Christmas naming the kid Loyal after the father cheated on her with someone at their gym is some next level petty poo poo. I dig it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

POV started around 7:30 BB Time. Comps usually go 4-6 hours. Everything seems to be moving slower this season because they’re working with a smaller crew for safety reasons, hence the backyard being locked down as construction/demolition takes longer. So who knows?

Pre POV Ian approached David about working together and told him he was glad he got another chance, liked his vibe, and was impressed he could know what was going on last season even though no one was talking to him. David just kept playing real dumb and did the “so happy to be here” thing and “wut R Veto?”

https://twitter.com/itskathryndunn/status/1292277923530125318

One of us...
https://twitter.com/kelleywentworth/status/1292169552621473792

It turns out when a couple of black people talk about racism in a calm, elevated way a white person rushes to show he doesn’t care in a casual way and then deletes it when confronted Shocking.
https://twitter.com/maximusmom13/status/1292281605474541568

On a lighter note…
https://twitter.com/powerofcheeto2/status/1292286951337402370

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Wow that David and Day'vonne conversation was really incredible.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm fully expecting feeds to come back to Cody with the POV despite Kevin/Keesha being the only ones really fighting for it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A fun thought I had. This is right around the time feeds normally come on. I mean, not in days but in terms of pace of the game, right before the POV and after noms. So how would be reacting if we turned them on now without any context?

- Kaysar was acting like a crazy person and we have none of the context of how that came to be and all the slow subtle stuff with Cody. Instead we've just got Janelle and Keesha laughing at him and Memphis telling Cody Kaysar's crazy and Cody lying and claiming he's gunning for him because of this, not that he's acting like this because he was gunning for him.

- Nicole, Kevin, and Day are telling us that Tyler and Janelle are secretly running the house. Maybe they are? We have no indication that Janelle played the safety or her and Kaysar were being targeted or Kaysar gave her safety. We see her and Tyler pretty calm and comfortable with the house. OMG, is there a Tyler/Janelle mega alliance? Are they against Kaysar?

- We would have missed 3 days of Nicole F making everyone kind of hate her and we'd be clueless to all the little side comments.

- We would have completely missed David playing dumb.

- We never would have known there was a moment where Nicole A was almost a new member of The Sovereign Six.

- We wouldn't know Tyler already has a bunch of F2s.

- We wouldn't know Ian and Nicole F have a F2.

I miss anything?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well, so much for my 6 hour POV prediction.

Enzo won.

He won't use it. But Kevin picked him and Enzo lied and said they'd go to Cody and try and work something out, so they'll have to do something there. Cody isn't gonna want to name a replacement and Enzo has no reason to do it all. So odds are Cody will just whine about how hard it is to be HOH and act like Kevin's doing him a huge favor staying up there and guarantee him the votes.

That could shake stuff up in theory. Kevin thinks he's the target so he shouldn't go along with that unless Cody convinces him that he's completely wrong about the wacky Janelle/Tyler theory. But Kevin hasn't seemed forceful so far so I dunno. I don't see an obvious wave but there could be ripples, and this cast is kinda nuts.

I would like Kevin to go home because I believe in BB karma and picking the guy who's working for the HOH who put you up and has no interest in helping you and him winning is a move worthy of eviction. Keesha's only mistake is that the only season of Big Brother Cody hasn't watched is the universally agreed best season. Because Cody.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In the sake of fairness I suppose I should point out that Brett “apologized” for his love for racism. I’ll let Kat express how I feel about it.
https://twitter.com/itskathryndunn/status/1292336855908843522

https://twitter.com/TheBigBroTea/status/1292323487193817091

Comp sounds like that one where you stack stuff before you timer runs out. Cody apparently did badly. That comp’s usually good for a laugh.

From the sounds of it something weird happened. It sounds like maybe Keesha had the highest stack and Enzo’s stack fell down and took hers out. That seems… unfair. And poorly designed.

I don’t know if I’m becoming one of those people really defensive of Ian or if I just really hate Cody.
https://twitter.com/TheBigBroTea/status/1292327015664594945

Enzo asked Tyler if they should “make a move” but Tyler said to just keep it the same. I doubt Enzo would push that but even if he did I don’t see what move there is that Cody would like to make. The only big threats not closely aligned to him are Memphis, Ian, and Christmas. And Cody’s made loose alignments with all of them and I’m not sure any of them would go home. Maybe Memphis. And Cody absolutely doesn’t want 4 days of pissed off campaigning from one of those three or their allies. Cody’s dumb but he’s not stupid.

Nicole F after 5 years asks Cody if he knew Zack was gonna call her a “fruit loop dingus” and Cody confesses that Zack was rehearsing the speech all week with the Bomb Squad.

Enzo jokes to Cody to backdoor Tyler. If only. Otherwise it was a total non conversation. Enzo will do what Cody wants and Cody doesn’t want to do anything. There’s zero urgency or interest in talking about it from the guys. Its gonna be up to Kevin to press THE GUY HE PICKED WITH HOUSEGUEST CHOICE about it.

BB gave Ian his backgammon board. PRODUCTION FAVORITE!

Kaysar downloaded with Janelle and he seems much more sober now, something Janelle noted and complimented him on. “Its a 180 from yesterday.” Kaysar admits he lost it and says he got all excited from when he was a target and then just never came down. He says its good Janelle has common sense and he’d be a disaster if he was alone. He says he talked to Memphis and “if he is ok with losing her then why the hell do I care?” He says he got tunnel vision on needing Memphis/Keesha but they’ll just figure out next week next week. Kaysar says ultimately they need a HOH or they’re hosed.

Janelle: You were trying to lead these people… to something… I don’t even know.
https://twitter.com/powerofcheeto2/status/1292342907933007872

Kaysar and Janelle then ran down the house and they’re pretty on the ball about everything except for one glaring mistake. They’re still working under the false assumption that its Cody/Tyler/David at the core of the house alliance. Janella wants to get David out so they can work with Cody and Tyler because she thinks he's the smartest of the three. Oh God, Nicole prophesied it! Kaysar’s open to whatever and agrees that David is a dangerous player who is playing dumb and wants to prove himself. Kaysar still thinks there’s a girls alliance but Janelle assures him there isn’t and he seems to accept it this time. Kaysar lets Janelle know that Nicole F is nervous about her because she’s friends with “that other girl”. Rachel. Janelle is flabbergasted that that’s a thing and Kaysar says he told her Janelle is very pragmatic. They then recount the mess of their game play in the first All Stars which Kaysar barely remembers. “I didn’t play well the first two times. I’m not a good game player.”

https://twitter.com/DukeTheBBDuck/status/1292345805442031617

That SHOULD close the book on Keesha but you forget that this house is insane. So that means almost immediately after Day totally promises Keesha her vote. And like, that means 5 votes with Bayleigh. And Christmas seems really getable to me.

I think this week should be interesting. Keesha’s vote is gettable here and Cody and Co might actually have to push and that might expose stuff and clear up some false readings and draw some lines. But none of that is happening until after POV. Before then Kevin and Nicole A will probably have another freakout but I suspect that will happen after everyone goes to bed.

But now S6 are apparently targeting David. But its been a long 4 days and there’s 4 days to go. So I have no ideaif that's gonna hold to Thursday.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Aug 9, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

It's annoying how much I want to keep up with things. Big Brother always stresses me out but I also want to know what's happening. Also, why does Kevin think Enzo is on his side? He's been not that great at the moment and I'm really sad because I know he's a good player. All-Star seasons are cool in theory by they always end up tarnishing legacies when at the end of the day, luck plays a huge role in any reality tv competition. Another unavoidable issue is pre-gaming. You pretty much have to do it if you are going into an AS season or you're putting yourself at a huge disadvantage. Maybe I'm just sad/bitter because the players I like aren't doing well, but it's just frustrating to see. I sorta wish you could just take everyone when they first played and put them all in together but I know that isn't possible.

Please let this season be good :smith:.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

jimmydalad posted:

Also, why does Kevin think Enzo is on his side?
I really can't explain why Kevin chose Enzo without so much as getting confirmation that he'd use it on him. That just seems like a braindead move that even Enzo was confused by. For Enzo's part I just think he's playing a good social game right now and if I were to do power rankings I'd put up on the top tier with Dani, Christmas, and Day who are right now playing really good floater games where everyone in the house likes them and kind of feels like they might work with them. Really the entire house is trying to play that same floater game but Enzo is amongst one of the more successful parties to this point.

But how you get from "I like him and think he might work with me" to "I'm gonna choose him for a life and death comp without even talking to him seriously about it" I have no idea. Kevin's playing very poorly right now. The best explanation I can give is he's got no one at all in the house he feels truly has his back. Nicole A would be closest and certainly would have been the person I would have picked if i was in Kevin's place. But I think there's a chance she too would have been unwilling to stick her neck out for a guy she met 4 days ago in a house of people not sticking their necks out.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STAC Goat posted:

Comp sounds like that one where you stack stuff before you timer runs out. Cody apparently did badly. That comp’s usually good for a laugh.

From the sounds of it something weird happened. It sounds like maybe Keesha had the highest stack and Enzo’s stack fell down and took hers out. That seems… unfair. And poorly designed.

I've definitely always been curious about this sort of thing in both Big Brother and Survivor. Like they always run the crazy stacking type challenges, but seems like it would be fairly easy for someone to gently caress up in away that hosed up someone else... It would probably be rare to happen, I can't imagine this is the 1st time it has occurred in all of both shows history...

Although I do think there was one of the recent survivors where there was a team challenge that was balanced based and someone kept slamming their rope down after dropping their blocks and pissed someone off (probably was Australian)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We kind of saw that in the HOH on the premiere. Those pedestals were wobbling and theoretically gave the players the chance to learn from the past player if Cody hadn't been so drat fast 1st that no one else had a chance. There was also some HOH challenge years ago that I know got screwed up so bad they re-ran it because a bunch of the players thought they got screwed. I can't remember what it was though and it might have been BB Canada.