Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

FilthyImp posted:

Season 2 Episode 21.

MadTV S2E21 is not on HBO Max. WTF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
I had a science book as a kid that was directed -for- kids. This was from the early to mid 90's. It had a lot of cool almost anime'ish art in it to depict stuff and I think it was mostly environmental science based, been dying to find out what it was for years

edit: had a buncha space poo poo too

Slumpy fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 5, 2020

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

A kids TV show that was set in a school. This would have been broadcast between 92-98 or so. The principal was female, easily flustered, and I think some form of puppet. I remember there being a running gag about seagulls, but not the specifics. There also was a recurring segment where the students all had to go into the theater to watch some form of short, but had to be wearing hats. The last student did not have a hat, so the crossing/security guard gave her his hat. Any one know what this show was?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I was about to say you're insane but that's sounding strangely familiar so idk :shrug:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I've literally asked this before but I don't think this thread but there was this topic making fun of the cross country walk goon some time (months or years?) after his failed trip.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Does anyone have a copy of the "LOOK AT ME BEING SERIOUS" guy flipping out about the balloon prank? I feel like that guy eventually went back and managed to get that video scrubbed off the internet.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Does anyone have a copy of the "LOOK AT ME BEING SERIOUS" guy flipping out about the balloon prank? I feel like that guy eventually went back and managed to get that video scrubbed off the internet.

yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0sj6jNXEeQ

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Seems like you have to have a huge self-important stick up your rear end like that to be involved in :airquote: college politics

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

bless

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've literally asked this before but I don't think this thread but there was this topic making fun of the cross country walk goon some time (months or years?) after his failed trip.

The name's not coming to me, but some goon talked up a cross country walk. He bought a used baby carriage to haul his supplies, despite everyone telling him it was not equipped for anything like that. He didn't even make it out of the city. He made it to the middle of a park/nature preserve and because his supplies were so inadequate, park security had to rescue him.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i think his little cart broke immediately too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

RC and Moon Pie posted:

The name's not coming to me, but some goon talked up a cross country walk. He bought a used baby carriage to haul his supplies, despite everyone telling him it was not equipped for anything like that. He didn't even make it out of the city. He made it to the middle of a park/nature preserve and because his supplies were so inadequate, park security had to rescue him.

Yeah there was a thread made a few years afterwards making fun of him. Someone made a post about how desolate the interior of the country is and how funny it was that he wanted to walk across it. There were pictures of a lovely derelict house that are now gone now I think.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
A friend showed me this perverted Japanese shock horror schlock film like 15 years ago where :nws::nms:a strange man forces his way into a family home and uses some sort of brainwashing mind magic to turn each member of the family into his minions while he rapes them one by one. After raping the mother and sister, he makes them hold down the younger daughter so he can rape her too. At some point a deliveryman or something shows up and the magic rape man invites the dude inside to join in on some raping, and once he gets a chub the magic rapist hangs the guy by the neck, and then he mounts one of the sisters onto the dead hanging guy's boner while he gets to raping her in the other end. Wow.

Anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated, and also suspect as gently caress.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Why in gods name would you want to find that

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

uuuuummmmmm......

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
To verify that I didn't imagine it because I don't know how I'd live with myself if I had.

I remember it being super camp, even though the subject matter is super hosed up I'd saying something like Maniac or any Harmony Korine film is way worse.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Not exactly sure how you Camp Up aggressive mind-control rape and hanging, though. :confuoot:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

FilthyImp posted:

Not exactly sure how you Camp Up aggressive mind-control rape and hanging, though. :confuoot:

Never watch Benny Hill

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

shadow puppet of a posted:

Never watch Benny Hill
Motherfucker I GREW UP on Benny Hill.

Every time I watched the drat Channel Preview and saw Benny Hinn I wanted to die.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Goon's name, appropriately enough, was Muerte (Spanish for "death"). Links and more info can be found over in SAclopedia:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2787

I don't know about any subsequent threads, but I did no-poop-touching follow him on FB for a time (he posted his FB link in the original thread, it wasn't internet detective stuff). After giving up his walking trek, he then tried to take a lovely car across the SW US desert in the height of summer. To no one's surprise, the coolant system failed and he got stuck in Assfuck, Nevada or something like that for days, waiting for parts.

At that point I got bored or distracted and stopped following his misadventures.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I may be confusing it with another saga, but I believe the goal of the car trip was go to Florida to take over the "family business", the sum total of which ended up consisting of his dad and a stump grinder.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

treat posted:

A friend showed me this perverted Japanese shock horror schlock film like 15 years ago where :nws::nms:a strange man forces his way into a family home and uses some sort of brainwashing mind magic to turn each member of the family into his minions while he rapes them one by one. After raping the mother and sister, he makes them hold down the younger daughter so he can rape her too. At some point a deliveryman or something shows up and the magic rape man invites the dude inside to join in on some raping, and once he gets a chub the magic rapist hangs the guy by the neck, and then he mounts one of the sisters onto the dead hanging guy's boner while he gets to raping her in the other end. Wow.

Anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated, and also suspect as gently caress.

This is the kind of thing where you should just think to yourself, this is something my brain just imagined, and even if not, it's better to pretend that's the case so nobody else has to think about its existence

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Visitor Q?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

treat posted:

To verify that I didn't imagine it because I don't know how I'd live with myself if I had.

I remember it being super camp, even though the subject matter is super hosed up I'd saying something like Maniac or any Harmony Korine film is way worse.

CD has an ID thread

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I think I got it, unless it's waaay more obscure, but it fits the plot.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

This can be a cool thread where goons can post stuff they've been trying to find for years but have been unable to,
unbridled, carefree happiness encompasing and completely absorbing my mind for a whole summer day with an added sense of security and warmth

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I think I got it, unless it's waaay more obscure, but it fits the plot.

Nah, seems almost like a genre though. It definitely felt pretty obscure, I don't think it was localized. I only saw chunks of it but I do remember some demon hypnotism thing going on, and the aforementioned scenes are hard to forget.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

This is an SA-specific mystery...
There was a goon selling awesome art prints (through SA mart, though I'm sure they had a standalone site, also) based around the various ways you could die in space. Like, there was a "Hypothermia," "Radiation," "Asphyxiation," and so on, with both male and female astronauts RIP-ing in glorious neon colors.
I never bought any prints at the time but now I want to and really hope that it is still possible... :smith:
Anybody?!

Edit: Oh, hey, I did a little more digging and found it lol
http://bodiesinspace.ghoste.net/
gently caress these are so cool!

Teketeketeketeke fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 9, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Teketeketeketeke posted:

This is an SA-specific mystery...
There was a goon selling awesome art prints (through SA mart, though I'm sure they had a standalone site, also) based around the various ways you could die in space. Like, there was a "Hypothermia," "Radiation," "Asphyxiation," and so on, with both male and female astronauts RIP-ing in glorious neon colors.
I never bought any prints at the time but now I want to and really hope that it is still possible... :smith:
Anybody?!

Edit: Oh, hey, I did a little more digging and found it lol
http://bodiesinspace.ghoste.net/
gently caress these are so cool!

I like the one with the rays of light.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Goon's name, appropriately enough, was Muerte (Spanish for "death"). Links and more info can be found over in SAclopedia:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2787

I don't know about any subsequent threads, but I did no-poop-touching follow him on FB for a time (he posted his FB link in the original thread, it wasn't internet detective stuff). After giving up his walking trek, he then tried to take a lovely car across the SW US desert in the height of summer. To no one's surprise, the coolant system failed and he got stuck in Assfuck, Nevada or something like that for days, waiting for parts.

At that point I got bored or distracted and stopped following his misadventures.

Muerte posted:

I do not wish to do this on a bicycle, that is still moving to fast. I want to give people who may be passing by an opportunity to meet me and get to know what I'm doing. I have family that will mail me supplies that I may not be able to find along my trip. For example if my shoes disintegrate, I'll inform my family of what town I'll be in next and I can have a pair waiting for me. Getting injured is a high possibility, if there wasn't risks in doing this then everyone would do it. I do have a great first aid kit for minor injuries. If I get splattered by a car I guess that is the chance I take. I want to believe in human kindness again and I hope that if I am seriously injured I'll receive the assistance I need.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I get nostalgic for this internet

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm gonna laugh he got probated for asking about a Takashi Miike film.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

A free pixel-art shmup game from ~'06ish where your space ship went left-to-right and there were tons and tons of unlockable ships.

Camo Guitar
Jul 15, 2009
An article linked here on SA about a mix of olive oil and I think it was water being used to combat oily skin? Possibly in a thread of helpful links? (If I remember the thread correctly it also had a long running joke about metronomes..)

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Atoramos posted:

A free pixel-art shmup game from ~'06ish where your space ship went left-to-right and there were tons and tons of unlockable ships.

Pixelships?

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
French language film my buddy got from Netflix DVD 10 years ago. It was several groups of cyclists riding up and down a mountain. One group was trying to smuggle cocaine. It was a comedy. Can't find it for the life of me.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

unbuttonedclone posted:

French language film my buddy got from Netflix DVD 10 years ago. It was several groups of cyclists riding up and down a mountain. One group was trying to smuggle cocaine. It was a comedy. Can't find it for the life of me.

Up and Down / Parpaillon? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105100/

quote:

Inspired by Alfred Jarry's short story, "The Passion Considered as an Uphill Bicycle Race", Moullet's film depicts a series of loosely structured comic sketches focusing on the absurd lengths his cyclists go to while competing in a tournament along the Col du Parpaillon pass.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Yeah that's it, thanks. I kept searching for Up and Down in French.

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

I posted before but no answers, so i'll try again with less words.

A movie or TV-show I only saw a snippet of that traumatized the hell out of me when i was a kid.

Big rear end barn fight, people flying everywhere. A guy being chucked on a girder and it ended with a guy walking out of the barn with a pair of legs on a pitchfork.

I saw it in a talk show, and it hosed me up quite a bit, but I'd love to know what it actually was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camo Guitar
Jul 15, 2009

okkie posted:

I posted before but no answers, so i'll try again with less words.

A movie or TV-show I only saw a snippet of that traumatized the hell out of me when i was a kid.

Big rear end barn fight, people flying everywhere. A guy being chucked on a girder and it ended with a guy walking out of the barn with a pair of legs on a pitchfork.

I saw it in a talk show, and it hosed me up quite a bit, but I'd love to know what it actually was.

It might be on the pitchfork list!

https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword/?keywords=stabbed-with-a-pitchfork