Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Jericho did not train with Stu Hart, Stu did not train people at that point. Austin claims that early in his training they were taught legitimate holds as if wrestling wasn't a work.

Well I was wrong all around, but jokes on you because I'm extremely used to that already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Benne posted:

The PC will shred Dominick's knees long before he realizes whatever potential he might have

rey mysterio IV is the fetus dominick gets injected into his ruined cartilage at age 25

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/TomBlargh/status/1291507667400298499?s=20

Matt Cardona is the reason for AEW pulling in 900k viewers.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sounds like they should sign him to a big deal to me!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean... that HAS to be a joke tweet.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

STAC Goat posted:

With Bryan's replies you can never be sure

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
(they won't stick around!)

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

It is

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Jericho did not train with Stu Hart, Stu did not train people at that point. Austin claims that early in his training they were taught legitimate holds as if wrestling wasn't a work.

I think old school guys tended to teach the new talent some things to get them out of a bad situation quickly and easily without them looking like they got punked by some drunk in a bar. Usually by doing it to said new talent the first day they showed up. Guy comes back, he gets to learn how to do that because he actually wants to wrestle for a living and is tough enough to do it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

https://twitter.com/TomBlargh/status/1291507667400298499?s=20

Matt Cardona is the reason for AEW pulling in 900k viewers.

It's a joke tweet but I bet his quarter did well.

The Cameo posted:

I think old school guys tended to teach the new talent some things to get them out of a bad situation quickly and easily without them looking like they got punked by some drunk in a bar. Usually by doing it to said new talent the first day they showed up. Guy comes back, he gets to learn how to do that because he actually wants to wrestle for a living and is tough enough to do it.

This true but Austin's seemed particularly insane in that they didn't seem to want to teach working at first. Like, they weren't teaching shooting, but it was weird.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
concern trolling ahoy

https://twitter.com/therealpinoyrob/status/1291481106089484290

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Lmao I know that guy irl

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

Stu never even really trained people to work, anyway. It was usually a random veteran hanging around Stampede who did it. Frank "Carnicero" Butcher, a luchador who settled in Calgary, was who trained Bruce Hart and Rick Martel. Kazuo Sakurada and Katsuji "Mr. Hito" Adachi trained Bret Hart. Mike Hammer trained Chris Benoit. You get the idea. And Jericho didn't even train in the Dungeon; he went to Keith Hart's wrestling school, where the classes were run by Ed Langley, an area referee who hadn't even been a Stampede regular. (Jericho does think he was an excellent trainer, though.)

And I do buy what Austin says about Adams teaching him shoot holds: I've heard firsthand stories of Tasha Simone—another graduate of Adams' school, who's mentored some Tennessee indie wrestlers—making a point of teaching people shoot holds.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

got caught :sweatdrop:

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 7, 2020

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
this is not true

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

davidbix posted:

Stu never even really trained people to work, anyway. It was usually a random veteran hanging around Stampede who did it. Frank "Carnicero" Butcher, a luchador who settled in Calgary, was who trained Bruce Hart and Rick Martel. Kazuo Sakurada and Katsuji "Mr. Hito" Adachi trained Bret Hart. Mike Hammer trained Chris Benoit. You get the idea. And Jericho didn't even train in the Dungeon; he went to Keith Hart's wrestling school, where the classes were run by Ed Langley, an area referee who hadn't even been a Stampede regular. (Jericho does think he was an excellent trainer, though.)

To be fair, that class produced Jericho and Storm, so that does speak well of Langley.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, that class produced Jericho and Storm, so that does speak well of Langley.
And the next class produced Justin Credible, though IIRC he mainly credits then-rookie Lance with doing the bulk of the training.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I love how much people fiend for adding depth and artistry to everything the Fiend is involved in.

https://twitter.com/JustinLaBar/status/1291902326706524161

Oh wow she was kidnapped for a week and the Fiend wasn't arrested or whatever, what majesty.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wasn't the show literally taped the same day/weekend as last week's too

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The Fiend is the most embarrassing poo poo in a whole art form of embarrassing poo poo and I’m baffled every time someone likes it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I don't even think I would of liked the Fiend as an edgy teen. It's the most worn out poo poo and has all the artistry of a frozen dinner

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, I don't even think I would of liked the Fiend as an edgy teen. It's the most worn out poo poo and has all the artistry of a frozen dinner

Teens straight up aren't watching WWE.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/i5qxjx/sean_ross_sapp_of_fightfulcom_on_twitter_i_know/

Literally every comment here.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

The production was exactly the same and yet it sold it??

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gumball Gumption posted:

The Fiend mask is literally one of the worst Batman storylines ever where Joker's face was cut off and the big twist was Joker cut his own face off so he could wear his own face. Wyatt's previous masks were heavily inspired by Slipknot's 2001 IOWA era but he did it ten years later, and while the original main roster Wyatt family was totally fine, we're dealing with a 30 something adult who probably binges the horrible remakes of horror movies and bought a pony instead of paying for child support

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

does anyone who obsesses over Bray even watch anything at all other than WWE?

not wrestling, but anything at all?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Treasurebath1/status/1291357499715616769

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Bray Wyatt has been around for 10 years and Daniel Bryan is the only person who became more over after a feud with him, and even that was 6 years ago.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I think the original Bray stuff was great, both because it was a cool character and also the production on the vignettes were great. But they booked him terribly and ruined it. The Fiend kind of works for me sometimes, like the mania thing with Cena was fine as baby's first David Lynch or whatever, but overall the entire thing is deeply lame.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

WWE: They booked him terribly and ruined it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Suddenly seymour is a rereg of that pedo who was stalking Izzy or something, right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Suddenly seymour is a rereg of that pedo who was stalking Izzy or something, right?

Edit: I am revising this because SuddenlySeymour1 swears he is not McLevy76 despite sharing all of the same opinions, becoming active right after McLevy76 was suspended and blaming several people for said suspension. I can only take them at their word and assume you are right and it's actually CharmCityGamer.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Aug 8, 2020

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Edit: I am revising this because SuddenlySeymour1 swears he is not McLevy76 despite sharing all of the same opinions, becoming active right after McLevy76 was suspended and blaming several people for said suspension. I can only take them at their word and assume you are right and it's actually CharmCityGamer.

I hate that you know this but thank you MRT

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I hate that you know this but thank you MRT

There are lots of things that I know that I have no idea why I know, but in this case Seymour threatened to call the Washington DC police on me for my role in taking down McLevy76 and gave me the sick name "Nationally Published Troll."

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

There are lots of things that I know that I have no idea why I know, but in this case Seymour threatened to call the Washington DC police on me for my role in taking down McLevy76 and gave me the sick name "Nationally Published Troll."

Holy poo poo, that's where that name came from? You should send him a fruit basket because I lol every time I see it.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

The fiend is lame as hell, but the fiend is also like, one of the only interesting things WWE has done in over a decade. And it wouldn't shock me to believe a guy obsessive enough about wrestling to name his children after NWO characters pays attention to the details in his storylines. As far as WWE goes, turning the cringe up to 11 might be an improvement because at least it's interesting. As opposed to most WWE characters and angles, which may be moderately less cringe but monumentally less engaging.

Wrestling as a whole has a really difficult time threading the needle between embarrassing and boring. And honestly, I think boring is the worse crime.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Holy poo poo, that's where that name came from? You should send him a fruit basket because I lol every time I see it.

Yes so as long as I can avoid the slammer for internet posting I'm sitting pretty with a great new brand.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheRoonMeister/status/1292278053801013249

Pylons fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 9, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

congrats to cody on being a journalist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
lol why do ppl tweet dumb poo poo at cody and then delete it when he responds like do they not realize he regularly responds earnestly to stuff like that