Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i like well executed stealth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Let us know when you find an example.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Wrong.

Unpopular Videogame Opinion (apparently): Stealth is good. Eat your ADHD pills.

lol, Looking Glass Studios stealth mechanic, from 1998, kicks the poo poo out of Insomniacs clumsy efforts. Hell, even Kojima's visibility cones or whatever they are called are better than whatever Spider-man's stealth is. Otherwise, it really is a great game.

e: Thief is actually twenty two years old. holy poo poo.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 7, 2020

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Breetai posted:

Let us know when you find an example.

pretty sure this thread was discussing thief for like a week straight, sorry you missed it bud

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

So is Brutal Doom the one by creepy fash guy and Project Brutality is an offshoot?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Wrong.

Unpopular Videogame Opinion (apparently): Stealth is good. Eat your ADHD pills.

Stealth is sometimes good. It's bad when failing to be stealthy means facing a game over screen or when the stealth mechanics are nonsensical. It's good when failing to be stealthy causes all hell to break loose

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

food court bailiff posted:

for the current gen of consoles i have found that 9 times outta 10 when a game starts stuttering it means it's time to clean the case vents with some canned air, i can't really remember a modern game where i've noticed frame rates dropping to unacceptable levels during play unless there's something else going on (like if my connection goes fucky during Warzone or something). bloodborne gets a little janky at times i guess but seems like they fixed the engine for DS3.

Amazing how after so many decades "just blow on it" is somehow still the answer even long after we stopped using cartridges

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Amazing how after so many decades "just blow on it" is somehow still the answer even long after we stopped using cartridges

this gave me an unironic sensible chuckle after a rough week from hell, so thank you

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Sardonik posted:

-Daisy retconned to have just been pretending that she was going to kill the child at the behest of the luteces to 'make Elizabeth a killer'

-Elizabeth losing her powers then being brutally tortured with an ice pick and killed

-Elizabeth's plan was apparently to sacrifice herself so the plot of bioshock 1 can happen.

-Elizabeth creates an imaginary friend version of Booker who talks to her and guides her through everything

-Apparently the ending of Infinite didn't actually do anything and everything continues to exist as normal.

it bad

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dandywalken posted:

So is Brutal Doom the one by creepy fash guy and Project Brutality is an offshoot?
yeah but it's also a free mod and you don't give him any support if you just DL it and play it and don't recommend it to anyone
but you should not be playing brutal doom anyhow because it sucks poo poo and ruins do2m's balance super hard

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bioshock Infinites DLC plot is the drowning you at baptism for the entire franchise so its kind of impressive, really

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
In retrospect Bioshock Infinite has almost done the Game of Thrones or Rise of Skywalker thing where the ending sucks so bad after the initial hype it basically killed the franchise

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

this gave me an unironic sensible chuckle after a rough week from hell, so thank you

:hf:

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

I tried that new mechwarrior on gamepass and had such a miserable time I wondered if I was misremembering mechwarrior 2 being good at all. But then I loaded up the soundtrack on youtube and realized 11 year old me was right, as usual.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

the best sports games are as follows:

hockey: wayne gretzky’s hockey for NES
football: mattel electronic football II
baseball: RBI for NES
basketball: nba jam
soccer: rocket league

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

hockey: Mutant League Hockey
football: Tecmo Super Bowl
baseball: Super Baseball Simulator 1.000
basketball: Arch Rivals
soccer: Mega Man Soccer

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
you both forgot about EA Sport's NFL Head Coach (2006)

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

the best sports games are as follows:

hockey: wayne gretzky’s hockey for NES
football: mattel electronic football II
baseball: RBI for NES
basketball: nba jam
soccer: rocket league

holy poo poo I wouldnt change a thing

:perfect:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Nba jam is cool because it makes basketball fun rather than watching 2 teams of 7 foot tall mutants attempt to let each other score 100 points before really trying

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I miss when there were NCAA basketball games because I give way, way more of a poo poo about college basketball then the NBA, but NCAA games are a giant mess of ethical problems since the athletes don’t get paid for being included in them.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

NFL is NFL Blitz and if you disagree you’re a bad person

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

:hmmyes:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

is that the like PSOne game series that madden killed? the magazine ads were cool iirc

I’ve gotta be honest I haven’t really played a football game past mattel electronic football II, I have a used copy of madden 25 sitting on my shelf I got when quarantine was becoming a real thing earlier this year but haven’t found myself with any desire to actually install/play it, because mattel electronic football II is plenty football for me

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

is that the like PSOne game series that madden killed? the magazine ads were cool iirc

I’ve gotta be honest I haven’t really played a football game past mattel electronic football II, I have a used copy of madden 25 sitting on my shelf I got when quarantine was becoming a real thing earlier this year but haven’t found myself with any desire to actually install/play it, because mattel electronic football II is plenty football for me

It's the 3d arcade game one where first downs were 30 yards because plays were ridiculous and there were no rules about tackling everything in sight.

Pretty similar to NBA jam in style really.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

that sounds awesome

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Best hockey game is Blades of Steel, mother fuckers

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 9, 2020

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

actually the best soccer game is this one (watch until 30s in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKozaRGwubA&t=6s

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
nfl blitz was so good that the nfl had to provide an exclusive license to EA to make boring clones of madden every year, to prevent developers from trying to one-up Midway and poisoning the brand with lovely experimental football art-house games that constantly try and fail to top nfl blitz

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I still love that Super Mario Strikers reimagined the Mario cast as xtreme edgy Loonatics Unleashed costumes and attitude for... a football game.

...actually surprised Nintendo hasn't at least tried an American football game, they already have Chargin Chuck. From what I gather about American football is that it lends itself to interesting games with the format and roles, it's drat near a party RPG with individual roles and specialties.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

...actually surprised Nintendo hasn't at least tried an American football game, they already have Chargin Chuck. From what I gather about American football is that it lends itself to interesting games with the format and roles, it's drat near a party RPG with individual roles and specialties.

The devs of Final Fantasy one mentioned American Football as an inspiration for the battle system and everyday that passes where I cannot play a JRPG where the final boss is the commissioner of football is a bad day.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Super Mario Strikers is a lovely version of Kunio-kun no Nekketsu Soccer (AKA Goal 3 for Dendy).

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Barudak posted:

The devs of Final Fantasy one mentioned American Football as an inspiration for the battle system and everyday that passes where I cannot play a JRPG where the final boss is the commissioner of football is a bad day.

the final boss of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was basically Captain Football and is a better final boss than any JRPG final boss so I think you're onto something here

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Super Mario Strikers is a lovely version of Kunio-kun no Nekketsu Soccer (AKA Goal 3 for Dendy).

Kinda loving wild how that franchise got adapted into English by completely different devs all unaware that they were part of the same series.

They should bring that back with a new game using the River City Girls designs.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

i really wish the witcher 3 would go on sale on the switch because I’d totally pay $15 to have it on a handheld and I’d probably finally beat it there but lmao at the thought of paying $60 for a bad port of a game that came out in 2015

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

but lmao at the thought of paying $60 for a bad port of a game that came out in 2015

it seems you missed the point of owning a switch

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

it seems you missed the point of owning a switch

the switch’s library is genuinely awesome, though?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

the switch’s library is genuinely awesome, though?

the only thing i've found "genuinely awesome" about my switch is being able to watch youtube on it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

JollyBoyJohn posted:

the only thing i've found "genuinely awesome" about my switch is being able to watch youtube on it

you seem fun at parties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i think nintendo stuff is cool, just too expensive to justify buying