Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

17. Peggle Deluxe (adventure mode). Some of the Peggle Masters' magic powers are kinda bullshit tbh..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GorfZaplen posted:

What did you think of it?

Mostly enjoyed it, the encounter rate got kinda frustrating towards the end and it has one of the worst translations I’ve ever seen. A couple things were actually a step back from the first game (like only your active party getting exp in battle)

Fungah! posted:

hell yeah, what ending

Best :cool:

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Disco Elysium

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Just cause 4

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Jenny Agutter posted:

Just cause 4

How was it

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Tyranny

I also beat Ace Attorney:JfA couple days ago

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

mycophobia posted:

How was it

It has a charming level of video game jank you don’t usually see in AAA games for example you can just swim straight up waterfalls. Movement is as enjoyable as any just cause game as long as you completely avoid ground vehicles. Unfortunately the missions are generally boring, if you want to unlock every region you’ll have to do about 4 different missions copy pasted like 5 times each. Even the one standout mission which had a really incredible spectacle of a tornado ripping through an airport just requires the player to blow up a few things. And combat consists of either trying to headshot enemies with the two guns that enemies carry ammo for while searching for all the dudes a mile away plinking you with snipers rockets and grenades, or getting in any armed helicopter and trivializing the entire game

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Suikoden II :discourse:

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
7) pikmin

8) the last of us 2

9) chrono trigger

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Mgs. i beat rex on my first try, youd have to be a real rube to die to that boss lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

oh and meryl saved

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i died to rex due to the bad controls

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

no johns bitch

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
No! I can’t do it!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thats what makes the liquid fight so tense

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

thats what makes the liquid fight so tense

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
its starts off bad and they keep upping the ante with each camera and position change, and the part where liquid gets in front of you and you have to hit him like once, maybe twice before you get to the end has the worst controls of any videogame ever made probably.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
they didnt know how to make 3d games back then

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
the controls were bad in 1943 when the game came out, as well

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its starts off bad and they keep upping the ante with each camera and position change, and the part where liquid gets in front of you and you have to hit him like once, maybe twice before you get to the end has the worst controls of any videogame ever made probably.

lmfao, when he pulls up next to you he got into one position and didnt move where i was just consintently shooting over his head but the game refused to aim onto his body and i got chipped down from 3/4 health until death

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
prey (2017), didnt blow up the station. gonna try the dlc

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

3. planned on playin a lil bit of super mario bros 2 today wound up beatin it when i got stuck in da zone

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mgs2, sitting in 2020 arsenal gear makes some drat good points

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

23) Doom Eternal (UItra-Violence)

Really fun and intense game, I had a great time.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Dragon Quest V

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

18. Alien Isolation. Not the best stealth game but I love it anyway. Thank you Sega

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Horizon Zero Dawn. Starting the dlc again. I forgot just how much better the animations are in the DLC.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

1) Quest for Glory: So You Want to Be a Hero (fighter)
2) Pillars of Eternity: The White March pt 1 & 2 (replay, hadn't tried the expansions)
3) Lamplight City
4) Day of the Tentacle
5) Titan Quest: Immortal Throne (co-op, normal difficulty)
6) VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
7) Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
8) Final Fight
9) Streets of Rage (this and FF in co-op)
10) Sekiro (just one more ending to go!)
11) The Blackwell Legacy - also Unbound, Convergence, Deception & Epiphany. Counting them all as one here, since I played them back-to-back.
... and just now 12) Disco Elysium, which was just wonderful

Kinda out of steam right now, wondering if I should play Gobliins 2 or Shining Force. Or something else entirely. Would appreciate suggestions.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Definitely play Gobliins 2.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Gobliins2 is fun but completely impossible to beat on your own

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah it's wildly obtuse even for the genre. I have a ton of nostalgia for it because it was one of the few PC games I had growing up and I recently went back to play it and I had trouble getting past the first screen lol.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Goblins 2 is cool but shining force is probably better

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Supraland - I don't think I liked it as much as Arf did, but I still really enjoyed it. The puzzles were uniformly good, except for maaybe the last one. Probably the best one was just before the purple crystal, where I went through a long and involved back-and-forth solution before solving it, and getting the message "Dang, good job solving it. did you remember we taught you how to solve this puzzle in five seconds at the start of the game?".

e: I read something the dude wrote on steam or w/e where he said that one of the principles he followed was "once you've figured out the solution to problem, it should take you five seconds to enact it" which is something I didn't notice until later but I super appreciate.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yea the final boss is pretty bad. dude hired a combat designer to improve on the regular combat and hopefully the bosses too. theres an interview on gamasutra that said more or less exactly the same thing i said about being cleverer about hiding "red blocks" to use your "red power" or "grapple flowers" for your "grapple hook" and such, even if its still there in some ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ArfJason posted:

yea the final boss is pretty bad. dude hired a combat designer to improve on the regular combat and hopefully the bosses too. theres an interview on gamasutra that said more or less exactly the same thing i said about being cleverer about hiding "red blocks" to use your "red power" or "grapple flowers" for your "grapple hook" and such, even if its still there in some ways

Yeah, picking up the blue crystal power and just having an insane vietnam flashback about how many places I could use it was really good. Metroidvanias that pull that off are epic.