Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3mnuelIhJg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Pump Jockey posted:

I never get the chocolate cravings, instead I become a ravenous monster for anything salty and bloat up like a seal. It’s not uncommon for me to gain as much as 10-15 pounds of bloat and spend the entire last day of my period on the toilet pissing it all out.

One time this caused me to pee and wipe and pee and wipe so much that I ended up with labial abrasions that required prescription ointment to cure.

Why am I like this

Oof.

Yeah, salt was (still is) a problem for me. I did figure out that if I just had very very tiny amounts of straight-up salt, then the cravings would back off. I used to joke about getting one of those salt licks with added nutrients for my purse.
These days, I've been swinging between dumping a container of salt all over a single egg or complaining that the brand of salted butter that I have been eating for years is waaay too salty.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Me again. posted:

A few months ago I was having an unusually light flow during one cycle. On day 3, I seemed to have completely dried up, yet I was cramping strongly in a way that I find correlates with a big old clot getting ready to pass. I took a poo poo to get things moving again.

Still nothing, so I took a very hot shower to persuade the downstairs to relax and let things through. I felt movement, and a new presence, but still nothing to see but some pink water. I spread my feet wide and waggled my hips around and pushed like I was still making GBS threads. I felt strong movement and reached down to catch the clot as it emerged. It was the largest I'd ever seen from me, like a mandarin or even apricot. It dissolved in the water as I held it and was washed down the drain.

Aside from a little brown discharge my period ended by the next morning, a full two days early. It was as though I'd had the whole period happen in one go and was pretty awesome except for the agony. Never happened before or since.
Man, this reminds me of my one good period story. I'd just started a new job and was having a hard time getting used to the schedule, and the lack of sleep meant I was getting pretty bad headaches. Someone had also suggested that I switch from acetaminophen to aspirin because acetaminophen isn't so good for your liver. But aspirin prevents blood from clotting. So I was taking aspirin a couple times a day most days, and when I got my period that month, instead of it being about five days (2 moderate-heavy, 1 moderate, 2 light), it was two and a half weeks of a blood waterfall that wasn't even proper blood, it was sort of watery. Every hour or so at work I'd go to the bathroom and change my heavy-duty pad. Sometimes there would be big stains on my underwear and pants and I'd have to sit in the stall getting them out (squeeze bloody fabric between two wads of toilet paper until nearly dry, then spit on stain, let it sit, spit again, squeeze between wads of toilet paper, repeat). I'd stand up from my desk and feel clots the size of dates slide out of me.

Afterwards everything was normal again except I had incredible cravings to eat ice. I found out that this can be a sign of iron deficiency and started taking iron supplements, which cleared that right up and also helped a lot with my restless leg syndrome.

My only other story was about having an ovarian cyst that made my cooch feel like there was a cactus shoved up in there. I remember the exact moment the pain stopped and it was so wonderful I wanted to cry with relief.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I never used to get PMS at all until after I had my son and now there's a day or so a week before my period where I just cannot deal with my husband's stupid thoughtlessness about just leaving dishes and poo poo all over the house like I don't have better things to do with my time than put the goddamned mayonnaise back in the fridge that he took out. I usually don't give a poo poo and get them whenever I do one of my multiple daily cleaning sessions to but fuuuuuuck when those hormones hit do I tell him exactly how pissed I get that he just leaves his dirty poo poo everywhere for me to clean up like I'm a bus boy.
I got mad on your behalf just reading this because that is some bullshit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I know a gal you can determine where she is in her cycle by her protein choices which wax and wane between "tofu is amazing, plants forever" about 3 days after she finishes and goes through a spectrum of harder and harder proteins until it becomes "give me the meat, torn from the still living flesh of the cow, and let me drink its blood" during.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

trickybiscuits posted:

I got mad on your behalf just reading this because that is some bullshit.

Seriously.

On the subject at hand, as much as bleeding roughly every month is no fun, not getting your period in a predictable manner when you're trying to make use of your uterus sucks. I've been trying to get pregnant for a year with no luck. Posted this in the getting knocked up thread but since my husband and I are both lucky enough to be working from home I was hoping we'd be able to get it on more. We could, except four months ago my cycle decided it wanted to go from being relatively regularish (or at least ovulation was detectable with pee sticks) to who the gently caress knows. My last cycle was 58 days and this cycle is on day 62 with no sign of blood. And of course because of pandemic and me switching doctors the earliest I can get in is late September.

Nthing the menstrual cup recommendations though. I started using them like 9 years ago thanks to a thread in a/t. I like the meluna soft but it's not FDA approved so I had to import it from Germany. Their regular and sport versions you can buy from their US store now (for the Americans out there).

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
I'm a bit out of sorts at the moment. I'm having a woman's period.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
https://twitter.com/coochieflop/status/1292176047283277828?s=19

Also "diva cup" sounds like the name of the cup Reese Witherspoon has in Legally Blonde 2

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Actually men are menstruating full-time non-stop 24/7 with the internals pushed out from and through their ball-ovaries, prostates and seminal vesicles. That explains their aggressive nature. Women are angry like that only for quarter of time.

Fight me (when you're on your period).

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Actually men are menstruating full-time non-stop 24/7 with the internals pushed out from and through their ball-ovaries, prostates and seminal vesicles. That explains their aggressive nature. Women are angry like that only for quarter of time.

Fight me (when you're on your period).

is that your blood, or mine?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The crackling rage is stored in the balls

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Let's discuss balls next, they are also quite unsavory

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Balls are great.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Spinz posted:

Let's discuss balls next, they are also quite unsavory

the first time a woman cradled my balls she had a look of wonder in her eyes, then said 'i want to crush them' very earnestly.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
They smell vaguely bad no matter how clean the guy is, like musty musky and I want to pop-squeeze them back and forth into each other's sac but NOOOOOOOO

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Spinz posted:

They smell vaguely bad no matter how clean the guy is, like musty musky and I want to pop-squeeze them back and forth into each other's sac but NOOOOOOOO

i'm having flashbacks please stop this violence

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spinz posted:

This is bait.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Spinz posted:

I basically want to do this

E: in the Jareth costume as well. the codpiece stays ON

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

balls can be kind of fun to roll around in your fingers but I'd much prefer to have all my organs inside of my body where they belong

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Crusty Nutsack posted:

balls can be kind of fun to roll around in your fingers but I'd much prefer to have all my organs inside of my body where they belong

spoken like someone who's never prolapsed their rectum.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Crusty Nutsack posted:

It's fun to have the major source of your hormones and sexual desire swinging freely from your body.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Strumpie posted:

spoken like someone who's never prolapsed their rectum.

or uterus!

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Zero interest in balls.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I’ve basically been immobilised for two days because my legs hurt so much. There is not a single thing I like about being female and periods really are the poo poo icing on the poo poo cake

if my (painkiller-assisted) periods were anything more than a light flow that just makes me feel tired and like I'm coming down with something for a day or two each month, I'm sure I would have the entire thing removed and just go on testosterone

I'd also like a dick but I think internal 'nads are the way to go, tbh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i got prostatitis twice a few years ago which lasted for a month each time that i imagine is about as close men get to periods. it was awful and I'm really not looking forward to being an old man when it becomes a regular thing

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

xcheopis posted:

Zero interest in balls.

Rats, cancelling the subscription to Balls Magazine I was planning to gift you.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Balls are the opposite of the old adage about insurance: 99% of the time you forget they're there but that 1% of the time when you're reminded they exist, you wish you never had them.

Also, balls are like taking a puppy for a walk. They get excited at the dumbest things, pull you to inspect anything remotely attractive, and basically shout "Come play with me!" at all times, even if you just did 5 minutes ago.

My one ball story: I inadvertently had a vasectomy without anesthesia. It was unpleasant.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Can we get off balls and dive back into vaginas in the period thread?

Good period things: get out of things if the person in charge (teacher, boss, coach, Dom) is a dude.

Bad period things: having to walk around with a full pad in the summer. Just terrible. Real bad stuff.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Can we get off balls and dive back into vaginas in the period thread?

Good period things: get out of things if the person in charge (teacher, boss, coach, Dom) is a dude.

Bad period things: having to walk around with a full pad in the summer. Just terrible. Real bad stuff.

How often have you told a dude you're on your period when you weren't actually on your period?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
At least 1000

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Waterbed Wendy posted:

At least 1000

Idk where your username comes from but it's fun to say

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Jose posted:

Idk where your username comes from but it's fun to say

Name change thread a few years ago. It is fun to say, I got lucky.

https://twitter.com/nonfatmilky/status/1292300338377220098?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Actually there is one sorta good thing about periods: doing a period poop so massive and wondrous that you feel all the pain leaving your body as if god himself is giving you a rectal massage

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Actually there is one sorta good thing about periods: doing a period poop so massive and wondrous that you feel all the pain leaving your body as if god himself is giving you a rectal massage

wait hold on a second you get to poop too???

i thought that was a man thing.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Also useful for those occasional bouts of constipation. Maybe we can rebrand!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Period poops or cryarreah

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
My period poops are never fun, I want fun poops :(

I always know when my period is coming because my guts start feeling swollen and gross and my GI tract becomes universally upset

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
The first day of my period is always spent shuffling between sitting under the shower and sitting on the toilet. The constipation is real but once you get over the hump so to speak the relief is incredible. I wonder if there's a connection between period paid and making GBS threads.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DemonDarkhorse posted:

when i was in high school this actually happened to me, but it was april. it was like a normal period, just lasted a month. not sure how i didnt die of blood loss tbh, that was the height of my depression where i was living on popsicles and toast.

Menstrual fluid is mostly not blood. There's liquified uterine lining, anticoagulant, mucus, and various goos. The viscosity and texture is way different than blood.

Your circulatory system doesn't straight up dump perfectly good blood into your uterus for no good reason. That would be hemorrhaging, not menstruating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What's up with that U in menstruating? Seems like if you pronounce the U it adds a pointless extra syllable. If you don't pronounce it, what's it even doing there?