Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010

Joe Bogan posted:

Best thing I ever did was rehouse 2 of them in a single enclosure, one in fuzz position 1 and the other in 2 with an order switcher in between. It's good being able to ruin someone's day in two completely different ways with a little tap of the foot.

Got any more details or pictures of it? Planning to do something similar with the SF300 and HM300

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Nebraska Tim posted:

Got any more details or pictures of it? Planning to do something similar with the SF300 and HM300

Will grab a pic when I'm at the studio on the weekend.

It's not worth trying to replace the jacks/power/defeat the buffer on the circuit board itself (just won't stand up to that much desoldering) so it's basically set up as two true bypass loopers with an sf300 in each, all in one case. Needed to shove some spare jacks in the inputs to defeat the boss style on/off by input setup and needed a little external switch to short the soft switch (basically do this on power up and it's good to go as long as power is uninterrupted).

It's not elegant, pretty, or clever but it works.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Is Behringer not copying classic pedals so much anymore? All the interesting ones seem to be gone. I bought their Memory Man ripoff a few years ago and it's been great.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

They do make one in a sturdy metal casing. Behringer owns TC and they make the Eyemaster.

Eyemaster is a HM2 - the SF300 is the Super Fuzz clone. They do a Fuzz Face and a Muff in that range though.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

darkwasthenight posted:

Eyemaster is a HM2 - the SF300 is the Super Fuzz clone. They do a Fuzz Face and a Muff in that range though.

My eyeballs got confused and thought we were on HM-2chat still sorry fren :(

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

My eyeballs got confused and thought we were on HM-2chat still sorry fren :(

If they did a Super Fuzz in that format I'd have about fifteen of them. No idea why they only have the two cheap fuzzes cause it seems like an open goal!

That whole range is just slightly off - the big misfire for me is putting the JUNO chorus into a pedal (which rules) but then making the thing mono. Same for the Dimension clone.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

darkwasthenight posted:

If they did a Super Fuzz in that format I'd have about fifteen of them. No idea why they only have the two cheap fuzzes cause it seems like an open goal!

That whole range is just slightly off - the big misfire for me is putting the JUNO chorus into a pedal (which rules) but then making the thing mono. Same for the Dimension clone.

Which, ironically, the Behringer IS stereo. The gently caress?

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

BonHair posted:

How do they sound chained?

I chained the 4 I have and they sounded surprisingly gentle, might have to do with running them into an interface and amp sim instead of an actual amp, though. Of course, when I stopped playing it was all noise and chaos.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Technically counts

this is a compressed air to XLR adapter

you can find them on aliexpress

i don't know why it exists

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 23, 2020

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Shugojin posted:

Technically counts

the hdmi to garden hose attachment has a cousin i see

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Dewgy posted:

the hdmi to garden hose attachment has a cousin i see

My guess is they just have a huge list of possible things to adapt and a combination matrix, and it's cheaper to just make 1000 of each than to get someone to actual check if it makes sense.

Plus, I bet you can get 100 people to buy poo poo like this ironically. Plus the huge but kind of unexpected amount of sales in 220v to USB/Ethernet.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Shugojin posted:

Technically counts

There's a twitter thread somewhere (probably by foone) on things like this. I can't find it now. But after a deep dive it turned out to be for attaching dildos to a sawzall or some gently caress machine of sorts. Not kidding. Might have been this exact adapter, I'm not sure.

edit: https://twitter.com/foone/status/1264925104175112192

Flipperwaldt fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 23, 2020

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Shugojin posted:

Technically counts

Got a link? I can’t find it

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Snowy posted:

Yeah same, I want to buy a few to put in a drawer at work as a cute prank for whoever replaces me

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Also Harry Miree needs to make more videos because he's fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuOdE27vzRQ

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Snowy posted:

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yeah same, I want to buy a few to put in a drawer at work as a cute prank for whoever replaces me

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32851232076.html

Seems expensive for a prank.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
poo poo, I was thinking $5 not $30

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Well poo poo

E- oh that went to the .nl site first, sorry Dutch folks

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Flipperwaldt posted:

There's a twitter thread somewhere (probably by foone) on things like this. I can't find it now. But after a deep dive it turned out to be for attaching dildos to a sawzall or some gently caress machine of sorts. Not kidding. Might have been this exact adapter, I'm not sure.

edit: https://twitter.com/foone/status/1264925104175112192

This is a proclick, though hopefully not on topic. It makes sense in its own way.

Now I'm just waiting for someone to post a video of a loving machine used to play a violin bow over a guitar or something like that.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i like that the aliexpress dong store censors the glans and balls on their dildos

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR5J7E3aZzI

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Did you loot that off someone's electrocuted corpse?

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
It's not like they had a use for it.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

I just realized that BC Rich’s “Widow” style headstock is actually a little ball sack there in the negative space.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

I just realized that BC Rich’s “Widow” style headstock is actually a little ball sack there in the negative space.

One isn't lower than the other. :colbert:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I might like telecasters if they had warlock headstocks

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
I still want to get a Warlock, put cheap humbucker sized pops in it, and start a trve cvlt svrf rok band.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

sigher posted:

One isn't lower than the other. :colbert:
It's a pre-existing condition.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

OutOfPrint posted:

I still want to get a Warlock, put cheap humbucker sized pops in it, and start a trve cvlt svrf rok band.

gein and the graverobbers trve cvlt srvf or hail spirit noir trve cvlt srvf?

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Dumb cable question: I have a Meris Polymoon delay pedal on the way, which has a TRS stereo input. My Alpha Juno 2 has two TS (I believe) outs, and I currently use two TS instrument cables to connect it to my mixer or audio interface. To connect it to the pedal, is it as simple as using this adapter?

I also have two Roland Boutique synths (SE-02 and SH-01A) with 1/8" TRS outs, so I'm guessing those just need a 1/8" TRS to 1/4" TRS cable.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

That seems to be correct on both accounts, yes.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Shamelessly stolen from a fellow goon on facebook:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I like how the visually more complex cycle of fifths is the first one because it's super basic theory, this revealing the author as a musician.

E: looked up the chord, it's a Cmaj9add14. So close!

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

samurai guitarist just did a video that seems right up this thread's alley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL2v7r0k7_E

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

That would be this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otf_s-6jWLM

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The YouTube video of the guy building a guitar out of glass is interesting, but lol at it being an actual guitar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I had a dream that this Midwest emo style band I was in like 15 years ago were doing a reunion show but for some reason I had bought a 20w crate solid state amp to the show and between songs both my band members and the audience would bitch me out about my terrible tone. I'd try and fix it but it just got worse and worse. Woke up to my pillow drenched in sweat lol