Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I’m a big baga fan & even I think that she was a distant third this week. Her runway was just kind of baggy and whatever, even after the tearaways. Jimbo brought it as the belligerent bachelorette in the challenge and stunned with that denim club kid look, and bobo’s runway was absolutely perfect for the category. lemon appeared to have sourced her look from what she thought was a donation box, but was actually a woodchipper

Bobo not winning this week was even more evidence that she’s getting the fifth place edit. & just like her esteemed predecessors, her confessional game is strong

tbh none of the skits were really that funny this week, but I loved priyanka & lemon serving shades of marie henein. and that split

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

MizuZero posted:

I’m a big baga fan & even I think that she was a distant third this week. Her runway was just kind of baggy and whatever, even after the tearaways.

Yeah, I was kind of perplexed by Baga's win this week. She did good, but Jimbo was better.

I think that Priyanka and Lemon probably did the best in the challenge, but they both had the worst runways.

And Ilona and Boa seemed pretty arbitrary as the bottom two. A lot of the judging this season seems pretty arbitrary.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah, I was kind of perplexed by Baga's win this week. She did good, but Jimbo was better.

I think that Priyanka and Lemon probably did the best in the challenge, but they both had the worst runways.

And Ilona and Boa seemed pretty arbitrary as the bottom two. A lot of the judging this season seems pretty arbitrary.

I think the bottom 2 was fine. By your own reasoning Jimbo should have won, and Rita was good. Priyanka and Lemon had the best challenge performance, which normally matters more than the runway. That leaves Bobo, Ilona, and BOA; Bobo was the best of them.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Judges really came for their butts tonight

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Yeah, the judges are NOT playing around. Like I do understand that you do need to critique, but it almost feels like they're expecting All-Star level poo poo when this is season one.

I do agree some of the looks are crunchy, but goddamn.

Anyway Illona really really killed that lip sync. Absolutely couldn't take my eyes off her and kept feeling annoyed when they cut to BOA.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
THIS WAS JIMBO’S SPECIAL DAY!

Really feels like they want Rita Baga to win.

Also, who on earth booked Tom Green? He really didn’t dress up at all. I will say the only good thing was using his mum to rip into BOA’s awful outfit.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011

Andrew_1985 posted:

Really feels like they want Rita Baga to win.

Also, who on earth booked Tom Green? He really didn’t dress up at all. I will say the only good thing was using his mum to rip into BOA’s awful outfit.

Is this Tom green guy usually like this? He had a very stoner vibe about him

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

garthoneeye posted:

I think the bottom 2 was fine. By your own reasoning Jimbo should have won, and Rita was good. Priyanka and Lemon had the best challenge performance, which normally matters more than the runway. That leaves Bobo, Ilona, and BOA; Bobo was the best of them.

I guess I was confused as to why Ilona was in the bottom but Bobo wasn't. Bobo did the exact same thing that Ilona did, just lots of incoherent screaming and randomly shouting the word "sissies!" What's her name was talking about how unprepared and chaotic Ilona and Bobo seemed to be while recording their commercial, and then they got praised for being the most prepared?

I don't know if it's the editing or the judging that's a problem.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
How dare they put Ilona in the bottom with that runway. It was the only look that didn't look like this was a construction challenge. So many frayed edges. I know that's an aesthetic imbued with denim but so many outfits looked lazy as poo poo this week.

Boa was my absolute favourite this season but she didn't really wow me at all with the outfit and she absolutely lost the lip sync. all the main challenge performances this week seemed pretty fine with no real appalling ones so I can't be mad about her winding up in the bottom either.

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Aug 7, 2020

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Andrew_1985 posted:

It really, really was. I like Rita but Jimbo took this week and just absolutely ran away with it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Can it be Stacey McKenzie's Drag Race?

https://twitter.com/TheDarbyLynn/status/1291757730785644546

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Raccoonboy posted:

Is this Tom green guy usually like this? He had a very stoner vibe about him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2aKsoizx1w

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Priyanka saying her runway is "Angela from Oshawa" absolutely demolished my brain lmfao

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Trig Discipline posted:

It really, really was. I like Rita but Jimbo took this week and just absolutely ran away with it.

"Jimbo, you were hilarious in the challenge and you look like a perfect denim club kid god on the runway. Rita Baga, you were fine and your rear end is flat......condragulations Rita Baga"

like what?

I also cannot figure out how they are weighing runways this season. Last episode the runway didn't seem to matter much, if Priyanka was in danger after that phenomenal runway. (Otherwise it should have been BOA and Kiara in the btm 2), and this episode it only seemed to matter if the judges felt like it? Like if Priyanka or Lemon didn't win for the video because their looks were iffy, fine. But then Jimbo should have won the main challenge. Just ahhhh I can't figure out what they're loving doing! It must be an editing thing, there must be poo poo we're missing.

I liked Tom Green as a guest judge though. Just for "ah, I like her denim. Her's is also good. Hm, indeed that is denim." lmao

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Don't get me started on them editing in side-eye at each other each time Jimbo or Rita gets praised, I hate it.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the editing has been sus since ep 1 where they blatantly showed the critiques out of order so as to better highlight juiceboxx’s panic attack

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

THIS JUST IN: reality television show edits things out of order! What will they do next! Show the runway in a different order than the queens actually walked it??

news at 11

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

esperterra posted:

THIS JUST IN: reality television show edits things out of order! What will they do next! Show the runway in a different order than the queens actually walked it??

news at 11

Joslyn Fox gasp

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Man, they were straight-up vicious to Ilona's heinie this episode and I didn't even think it was that noticeable it didn't have foundation on! JBC is mean...

The judging is so odd. I don't know what they're weighing more and I don't know why Bobo didn't win this episode apart from making sure she doesn't have the confidence or drive to stay on long enough to boot out producer faves. This really sucks. I hate when Drag Race gets all "reality show" and not competition.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nihonniboku posted:

Joslyn Fox gasp

I just wish the judging made more... sense. I love all the queens, so I'm gladly going to watch the rest of the season but... what the hell?

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

esperterra posted:

news at 11

I mean it’s reality tv so by nature it’s heavily produced and edited but it’s moreso the blatant part that’s irksome. They’re going down the line left-to-right as usual and skip over juice boxx to heap praise on rita and the cut was so obvious that I thought I missed juice’s critique. There’s a palpable disconnect between the editing and judging & it’s not a good look for either

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
In addition to being funny, team Rimboa's skit caused my wife and I to have a conversation about how groups of straight women have a reputation of being lovely in drag clubs/gay bars. She just didn't even know that was a thing.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

I went to La Cage in Milwaukee once and there were at least 5 bachelorette parties there. Bouncers kept having to kick them off the stage / out of the cages

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The worst part of straight girls being so prevalent in bars (even the well behaved ones, tbh) is that being a mostly femme presenting lesbian means all the other 'mos usually start off assuming you're someone's hag who tagged along to dance.

Sometimes I go out of my way to wear flannel or a hat on a day I'd otherwise prefer not to just so more people realize I am also a flaming homosexual when at a gay function

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Tom Green was under utilised

Why not make him a coach? Why not have him give the girls advice? What a wasted moment :rant:

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I feel like the quality of the queens is saving this season from total awful unwatchability, but they better learn a lot betweent season 1 and 2. Like Jesus.

Also yeah just give Stacey McKenzie the Ru role. On both shows.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 8, 2020

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This is not the real Tom Green. He was a goddamn legend before that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwZ4AUOAgDA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulje3DXWMbc

Also an amazing rapper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV7aOnX7XeE

What little bits he had he loving killed this episode.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Conspiracy theory: Baga is designated winner to entice more Quebecers to switch to Bell and away from Vidéotron.

That being said, talking about about the Anglos is a great joke. My mom does it all the time.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 8, 2020

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
All I know is it's ok for Tom Green to hump a dead moose. According to the Real Slim Shady.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

a true heritage moment

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

A God drat Ghost posted:

All I know is it's ok for Tom Green to hump a dead moose. According to the Real Slim Shady.

You do NOT get to talk about Drew Barrymore that way.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

The judges are really skirting the line of being straight up mean. It's not cute, it's not shady, it's just...mean. You can give constructive critiques without stooping to that level.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Raere posted:

The judges are really skirting the line of being straight up mean. It's not cute, it's not shady, it's just...mean. You can give constructive critiques without stooping to that level.

I think part of that is the delivery of the critiques. I don’t think anything the judges have said has been that far removed from the American judges comments, it’s just that the Canadian judges, particularly Jeffrey, give their critiques without that touch of humor or tact. It makes the critiques come off as criticisms. Santino had a similar issue which I think is why so many of is were happy when he left.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This week felt like they were crossing many lines. Also they were mental cause Baga was nowhere near the best of the week. Runway was Bobo and acting was Lemon.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

This week felt like they were crossing many lines. Also they were mental cause Baga was nowhere near the best of the week. Runway was Bobo and acting was Lemon.

Weird how you misspelled Jimbo twice in different ways.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Seemed like they just didn’t want to give Jimbo back to back wins.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

I have to say that whole extended sequence with Tom Green and his mom was loving gold. "You're dressed like a 9 year old in a church play, here is the proof" is a pretty amazing read.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

The Little Death posted:

"You're dressed like a 9 year old in a church play, here is the proof" is a pretty amazing read.

This was something else - "stop she's already dead!" material and I loved it. Have been aware of Tom Green since I was a pre-teen and was a bit unconvinced that he was guest host material - I guess the important distinction to make is that in CDR it's a guest host and not a guest judge......even though the guest host is still "judging".

If the only requirement is to be a relatively well known Canadian then who else would you all like to see as a guest host? I would like to see Joshua Jackson, Carrie-Anne Moss or Kim Cattrall because they'd be great. I'd also like to see Pam Anderson or William Shatner for car crash television potential.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Seth Rogen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Jared Keeso from “Letterkenny”

Not wildly famous, but gorgeous.