Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Spinz posted:

Your periods are keeping you YOUNG. They are preventing heart attacks and wrinkles.

im a dumb idiot man but can you post some sources to this? i know its a fact that men on average die younger then women but i thought it was because of dudes generally being toxic assholes and doing dumb poo poo to die early or i dont need no dr the lump on my anus is only the size of a golf ball type of toxic masculinity. combined with often doing body destroying labor that dont hire women like working on oil rigs and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

snergle posted:

im a dumb idiot man

interesting.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Strumpie posted:

interesting.

:lol::lol::lol:

I feel like this thread will be filled with the sauciest of burns. :jerky:

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

My period poops are awful and then they have a bonus awful thing: when the poop is out of my body it’s like my cramps have more room to spread out and be even crampier, so after each period poop my cramps get worse.

Also I never had sore boobs during PMS until I had a miscarriage and ever since it’s boob and nipple pain for a week per cycle. This has been super unfun because I don’t ever want to become pregnant and I grew up hearing my mom say that sore boobs was always her first pregnancy symptom.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

snergle posted:

im a dumb idiot man but can you post some sources to this? i know its a fact that men on average die younger then women but i thought it was because of dudes generally being toxic assholes and doing dumb poo poo to die early or i dont need no dr the lump on my anus is only the size of a golf ball type of toxic masculinity. combined with often doing body destroying labor that dont hire women like working on oil rigs and poo poo.

Just Google estrogen and heart disease or menopause and heart disease, a million different hits
https://academic.oup.com/ajh/article/14/S3/186S/205397

It's for sure

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I have had clincally concerning sized ovarian cysts burst on me twice and I would rather cut off part of my finger again than deal with that holy poo poo. I would rather deal with the searing pain of cleaning up a deep and wide open wound daily than abdominal pain so bad that Dilaudid did nothing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

What's up with that U in menstruating? Seems like if you pronounce the U it adds a pointless extra syllable. If you don't pronounce it, what's it even doing there?

I feel like if you say the "u" you also refer to child birth as parturition

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I went to a doctor once because I was in such HORRIBLE and sudden pain when I woke up and he was just like "There's blood in your ovaries" and that was it, then he left. no explanation. I think it was an ovarian cyst bursting. loving cis man doctors. The pain was so bad I almost threw up, and I'm one of those people who just doesn't throw up. Worst pain I was ever in. And I've had broken limbs and ribs, and had a broken bottle jammed into my leg.

My very first period I got in math class in like 6th grade, I wasn't bleeding yet, I don't think, but I was cramping like loving hell and I had no idea what it was yet, so I went up to the teacher and asked if I could go to the nurse. In front of the whole class she very loudly shouted "You're just on your period, sit back down!" I don't know what the hell her problem was. Embarrassed the poo poo out of me. Then you know the fun thing that happens in school where whoops sometimes you leave a red splotch on a school chair in the shape of your rear end.

Why did I buy white sheets what was I thinking

why can't I buy big bags of cheap underwear that are only red or black. cheap as possible. Like those bags of white mens shirts you can buy.

I'm so sick of my tits hurting for a week or two before it starts. That didn't start happening until I was in my mid twenties, I miss that not happening.

The worst thing of all is when I'm on my period farting hurts! So you can't even enjoy that! Also I turn into pacman and just want to inhale every crunchy salty snack.

oh, plus, uh, trans man, so. Once a month it's the ol' dysphoria train choo choo. For some reason my period only lasts like two days. But it also hurts so much I'm incapacitated, so I'd rather it last 3 or 4 days if the cramps were milder.

I'm like 3 or 4 days away from this month's, phew thanks for letting me get that off my aching chest

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

As a non periodbearer, I try to be there for my wife while she handles The Old Blood. I offer cliches like snacks, chocolate, back rubs if she seems to be having a particularly rough time but she doesn’t like to bother me too much about it. Typically she’ll graciously accept/appreciate them, but never asks for anything specifically.

What have y’all found to be the most delightful form of aid/support/care that you might feel uncomfortable asking for? An ex girlfriend many years ago said she felt that orgasms were her go-to panacea for period woes, and some internet research I did seemed to agree but maybe there’s something else I can add into the rotation. A lot of guys I know are super avoidant of anything to do with vaginas during periods which seems really sad for their female companions.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm4FdyWaOCo

(1989)

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
im pro-menstruation

The Harlatan
Sep 10, 2013

For I am a cat, you see.

Posting in the wee hours of the morning because The Blood Tide does not allow me to sleep. It's like my animal brain speaks to my anxiety and tells me that some beast will scent my weakness on the wind and devour me if I try to rest.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
aw gently caress already beaten with the kith clip

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
My mom was super skinny and hadnt had hers until she was 16, so hadnt actually prepared me to have mine at 10. I didnt even know what was going on until I got home from school, and then I was very shocked and upset to find out that no, it doesnt only last 2-3 hours. Be a lot cooler if it did.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Ever be in the bath during your period and a gooey piece of your uterine lining comes out and floats around and you have a look at it and you're like 'hmmmm interesting' and try to determine if it's the unfertilized egg? I've done that a few times. Apparently the egg is the only cell in the human body you can see with the naked eye.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Yall having baths are brave, I only shower during the red tide because I'm repulsed at the idea of the stuff touching (the outside) of me

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Ever be in the bath during your period and a gooey piece of your uterine lining comes out and floats around and you have a look at it and you're like 'hmmmm interesting' and try to determine if it's the unfertilized egg? I've done that a few times. Apparently the egg is the only cell in the human body you can see with the naked eye.

I detest baths (showers forever and ever) but the idea of a chunky human soup is interesting.

When I had my abortion, the father(?) had asked if I could get the embryo or whatever, as they were into Very Graphic Art. I declined as I’d be crossing international borders with uh, an aborted clump of cells. Even as a citizen I feel CBP would not be pleased to contend with that. Plus the logistics - bag? Jelly jar?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

teen witch posted:

I detest baths (showers forever and ever) but the idea of a chunky human soup is interesting.

When I had my abortion, the father(?) had asked if I could get the embryo or whatever, as they were into Very Graphic Art. I declined as I’d be crossing international borders with uh, an aborted clump of cells. Even as a citizen I feel CBP would not be pleased to contend with that. Plus the logistics - bag? Jelly jar?

Yeah just get one of these and swap out the goods

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

teen witch posted:

:psyduck:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Look, it’s art

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teen witch posted:

Look, it’s art

I, uh

I read that and I'm kinda speechless.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Elentor posted:

I, uh

I read that and I'm kinda speechless.

Let ye who hasn’t been knocked up by someone who wanted to maybe use the blood and/or other bits of an abortion cast the first stone

(They’re a nice person but it was a “haha this is a funny joke right?” moment that I could see being totally serious)

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

:stonk: Only 11am and I'm already thinking that's enough internet for one day.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont have a uterus but hrt tricked my body into thinking i did and oh boy ppl were not kidding about the poops

validating for all of 20 minutes

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
My Wife always gets the sore tits and crying, mixed with paint peeling farts.

She just wants to cuddle and blast farts into my lap. I will persevere.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Cramps woke me up at midnight last night.

It is time.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
teen witch's story is way less gross than goatse y'all

My cousin does menstrual art and that's why I no longer follow her.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Making art with menstrual blood is so cliche within artist communities that its basically a free space in a bingo square

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Who What Now posted:

How often have you told a dude you're on your period when you weren't actually on your period?

I've never lied about being on my period but this one time I told a dude (truthfully) that I had my period, and he still tried to stick his unprotected dick into my tamponed vagina.

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Actually there is one sorta good thing about periods: doing a period poop so massive and wondrous that you feel all the pain leaving your body as if god himself is giving you a rectal massage

Period poops make me feel like I'm making GBS threads out all of my organs, but in a good way.

Skratte posted:

I went to a doctor once because I was in such HORRIBLE and sudden pain when I woke up and he was just like "There's blood in your ovaries" and that was it, then he left. no explanation. I think it was an ovarian cyst bursting. loving cis man doctors. The pain was so bad I almost threw up, and I'm one of those people who just doesn't throw up. Worst pain I was ever in. And I've had broken limbs and ribs, and had a broken bottle jammed into my leg.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Once I had such bad period pain that I had to crawl on my hands & knees to the bathroom to vomit, and then when I lost the strength to do that, I lied on my side in bed & put a plastic bag next to my face that I could roll over & puke into. The pain abruptly stopped, and I thought that I had literally died, and I was actually relieved. Then it came back.

This is eerily parallel, and I'm glad that there might be some kind of explanation for it, even if that explanation doesn't really mean anything now.

quote:

My very first period I got in math class in like 6th grade, I wasn't bleeding yet, I don't think, but I was cramping like loving hell and I had no idea what it was yet, so I went up to the teacher and asked if I could go to the nurse. In front of the whole class she very loudly shouted "You're just on your period, sit back down!" I don't know what the hell her problem was. Embarrassed the poo poo out of me. Then you know the fun thing that happens in school where whoops sometimes you leave a red splotch on a school chair in the shape of your rear end.

1) Your teacher is a horrible person.
2) I am so very, very glad that I got my first period in the summer (my period-versary is actually coming up).
3) Leak science goes like this:
*hour 1 - no leaks, not even close to leaks
*hour 2 - same
*hour 3 - same, so you start to relax a little
*hour 3:00:01 -

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Metaline posted:

ask them if I can boil my DivaCup in a pot they cook with.

How about steam sterilization in the microwave? With your own container?

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Op did you register your account when you were 11 years old?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
My first period was on school sports day and I'd just turned 12. Thankfully I was unathletic so did not have to do a sports. And my mum was careful to prepare us because she came on at 10 and her mother was completely unhelpful so for a month or two she thought she was dying.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

peanut posted:

How about steam sterilization in the microwave? With your own container?

And I thought microwaving fish was bad!

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

The only time I've had anything like period cramps or massive bleeding was when I had what's called a "missed abortion". Boy, howdy! Nearly 24-hours after the bloodgates opened, I finally got taken to the ER and my blood pressure was so low the doctor thought I would need a blood transfusion on the spot. Turns out that the ol' maternal line is also so very good at rapidly creating new red blood cells (go go gadget bone marrow!) that the blood replacing people were baffled by her request. I did need to have a d&c, though. Pretty ghastly couple of days.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

HopperUK posted:

My first period was on school sports day and I'd just turned 12. Thankfully I was unathletic so did not have to do a sports. And my mum was careful to prepare us because she came on at 10 and her mother was completely unhelpful so for a month or two she thought she was dying.

My mom brought books from the library and sat down with me to go over everything when I was 10, about a year or so before I started. She had some failures as a parent but did a great job with the whole menstruation/pregnancy business.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
I guess this is gross of me but I never saw a problem with boiling cups in cooking pots. It’s not like you plunge it in there dripping with blood clots. If you soap it first who cares.

My mom & period story: she gave me a stern talk because she said she went through the trash and she knew I was changing my pad too often and she wasn’t going to keep buying them. Next day I needed to change my pad at lunch but now I was afraid I’d run out so I had this literally soaked squishy pad for the rest of the day including gym class, praying it wasn’t going to start leaking down my legs. Also at that age I tended to have periods that went on very lightly for 2 weeks but now I was scared of changing my pad and nobody ever told me about panty liners, so I wore the same pad for like an entire week until I stank bad enough for someone to comment on it. in hindsight I guess she had money problems but she never explained that, just acted like I was in trouble. It was really weird

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

The first time I had sex with a girl they were on their period, yes I ate her out haha.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I was scared of changing my pad and nobody ever told me about panty liners, so I wore the same pad for like an entire week until I stank bad enough for someone to comment on it.

:stonk:

I have really sensitive skin and I'm pretty sure that if I wore the same pad for a whole week, my entire vulva would have fallen off.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I don't like using tampons/cups because I find it physically uncomfortable. Not mentally or anything, I mean poo poo I had a kid I've had all kinds of traffic through my chunnel, I just do not like having them in there cause I can feel it the whole time. I also can't wear heels or nylons or stuff like that cause it is just way too uncomfortable. I've also gotten attitude that my preference for pads makes me some kind of a prudish nun because I'm uncomfortable with it, which feels really judge-y.

I use washable pads I bought on the AliExpress. Had em for like a year now and they hold up good. Someone was asking about it earlier and if they are still interesting I can link. Way cheaper than getting it here and after looking at the ads for ones sold here and the ones on the AliExpress I'm 99% sure they come from the same factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

I guess this is gross of me but I never saw a problem with boiling cups in cooking pots. It’s not like you plunge it in there dripping with blood clots. If you soap it first who cares.

My mom & period story: she gave me a stern talk because she said she went through the trash and she knew I was changing my pad too often and she wasn’t going to keep buying them. Next day I needed to change my pad at lunch but now I was afraid I’d run out so I had this literally soaked squishy pad for the rest of the day including gym class, praying it wasn’t going to start leaking down my legs. Also at that age I tended to have periods that went on very lightly for 2 weeks but now I was scared of changing my pad and nobody ever told me about panty liners, so I wore the same pad for like an entire week until I stank bad enough for someone to comment on it. in hindsight I guess she had money problems but she never explained that, just acted like I was in trouble. It was really weird

Holy poo poo, this was the worst possible way to deal with that