Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fruits of the sea posted:

Titan Quest and Grim Dawn add extra inventory bags as the game progresses

Same thing in System Shock II and Arx Fatalis; though they are optional upgrades.

Also there's Shadowcaster, an old dungeon-crawler developed by Raven Software and published by Origin. You had a harsh inventory limit of 11 items (9 in hammerspace, and 2 in your hands) but the whole gimmick of that game is that you can shapeshift into various cool monsters and each new shape you acquire has its own inventory. So eventually you get up to 77 slots. And that encourages you to put items in the shapes where they're most useful. Like you'd give the swords to the big four-armed lion-man shape, the healing item to the gnome shape that has very little hit points (your current hit points/max hit point ratio is preserved during shifting, so it's very advantageous to take hits in a high-HP shape and heal yourself in a low-HP shape), the underwater weapon to the amphibious shape, and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ofecks posted:

I have a similar issue on PC, where I need to move strafe to Q/E because that's what I'm used to. Putting RStrafe on E makes it impossible to pick up books! Unless there's a way via INI edits to move the book pickup button to something else?

What you need to edit is controls.txt, like I did to make this mod. Editing this file let's you rebind stuff the ingame menus do not.

Now that I think about it, think there may be a utility out there that automates editing the file, but I never used it.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

new and not work safe allinall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dA-DRkfgM

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So I had an idea to RP as Egon from Ghostbusters.

Egonus Spenglarn is a high elf, just enrolled in the College of Winterhold (magic is science, after all, and Egonus is all in on magic). Eventually, I'll have a staff enchanted with Sparks + Soul Trap, so I'll be busting all over the place. I've been chatting with my friend about all of the possibilities and limitations of trying to stay as close to an Egon as possible...

TresTristesTigres
Feb 14, 2013

Posts from UnDeR9R0Und
I had an uncle who thought he was St Jiub

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

TresTristesTigres posted:

:kiss:

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

I lost it at "Get in the Numidium, Septim"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

TresTristesTigres posted:

"Ok. So? She's a werewolf."

TresTristesTigres
Feb 14, 2013

Posts from UnDeR9R0Und
*jiggles a physics object back and forth* They hate this.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Yeah that uh, Barenziah?, scene is really pushing what YT allows, be interesting to see if it stays up.

Okay just went back and watched the Falion video lol, this dudes running some magic I've seen poo poo get blammed for way less. Good on him.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 10, 2020

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I...what

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
This guy is really good at capturing the weird in TES lore.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Agents are GO! posted:

What you need to edit is controls.txt, like I did to make this mod. Editing this file let's you rebind stuff the ingame menus do not.

Now that I think about it, think there may be a utility out there that automates editing the file, but I never used it.

I got excited when you said it's a txt file.... why would they give it a .txt extension when it's not plain text? And why obfuscate changing the keys like this anyway? :psyduck:

Whatever the solution turns out to be, hopefully it doesn't count as a mod because I want to get achievements.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

It's a lot of aesthetic references to the tv-and-movie series Evangelion, and a lot of lore references to numidium, zurin arctus, wolfharth, etc.

took me to the second time to see the jungle getting turned into a forest.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
It's been a long time since I've seen nge so I'm probably missing some of the references and how it's supposed to blend in with the elder scrolls references.

Or maybe he just wanted to get away with drawing a creepy sex scene, who knows, what a perv.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ofecks posted:

I got excited when you said it's a txt file.... why would they give it a .txt extension when it's not plain text? And why obfuscate changing the keys like this anyway? :psyduck:

Whatever the solution turns out to be, hopefully it doesn't count as a mod because I want to get achievements.

It is plaintext though? The keys are in DirectX scancodes, which you can find here, among other places.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Nope, I have Steam SE and the controlmap txt file is not readable by conventional means. Here's what it looks like in NP++

Maybe I'm not looking at the right file? There are no TXTs in documents | My Games | Skyrim Special Edition, only INIs and the saves folder. Not sure where else it would be.

e: looking at that pastebin, there doesn't appear to be an entry for the "take" function when interacting with books, only turning the pages. So it's hard-coded to only ever use the E key?!?

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 12, 2020

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

new young scrolls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGfxRsNzunQ

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I swear to god YS gets better with each release

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

unlike the other ones that one is pretty unlistenable lol

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ofecks posted:

Nope, I have Steam SE and the controlmap txt file is not readable by conventional means. Here's what it looks like in NP++

Maybe I'm not looking at the right file? There are no TXTs in documents | My Games | Skyrim Special Edition, only INIs and the saves folder. Not sure where else it would be.

e: looking at that pastebin, there doesn't appear to be an entry for the "take" function when interacting with books, only turning the pages. So it's hard-coded to only ever use the E key?!?

That's the wrong file, the file you want normally lives in the interface.bsa, I think.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

this just sounds bad.

guess it was a miracle zoom worked at all.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Scyantific posted:

I swear to god YS gets better with each release

it is ridiculously impressive how Bethesda takes a lot for granted tbqf

even the comedy stuff made by fans with the lore is miles and miles ahead of their recent output

edit: dagothwave is better than the entirety of skyrim

dead gay comedy forums fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 22, 2020

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

How do you guys imagine the LDB is going to be exiled for the next game? Stuck readin' books with Mr. Mora? I imagine that'd be the easiest.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Returned to the Soul Cairn to hang around with Saint Jiub.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Don't mention the Soul Cairn

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Flew off into the aether on a dragon's back.

My question is will TES6 involve the Thalmor or will that be solved between games.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I think they'll stick around. I mean, they're Nazis, nature's most perfect punching bag.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I hope the Empire has collapsed even more in between games- something new please

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Expecting "new" from the sixth game in a series. :psyduck:

Although, "the 3rd empire has collapsed. Build the 4th one." would be a great hook.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Agents are GO! posted:

Expecting "new" from the sixth game in a series. :psyduck:

Although, "the 3rd empire has collapsed. Build the 4th one." would be a great hook.

Broke: Elder Scrolls 6

Woke: Elder Scrolls 76

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

John F Bennett posted:

Don't mention the Soul Cairn

Purple Fart Hell, easily the worst area in Skyrim.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I hope the next TES will reduce the number of cheese wheels in the world when playing on Survival mode.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Meridian posted:

How do you guys imagine the LDB is going to be exiled for the next game? Stuck readin' books with Mr. Mora? I imagine that'd be the easiest.

Besthesda will move the timeline ahead by another couple hundred years.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

Broke: Elder Scrolls 6

Woke: Elder Scrolls 76

an unmitigated disaster would amuse me more than another mediocre success

i don't think we can trust that to happen, but then, i would NEVER have predicted Fallout 76

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'd like to see some of the daedric princes killed off for some new ones, especially some of the more boring/useless ones like mephala, namira, nocturnal, and maybe peryite (but keep spellbreaker around).

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

it would make sense to me that if a daedric prince was destroyed, no one would remember them, and the experience of life in nirn would fundamentally change

e: oh, maybe they're the feared and rejected aspects of reality, while the gods are the revered and accepted ones, so you might see one switch back and forth. riiight, i just remembered, that's literally happened, Trinimac became Malacath and the orcs came into being.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 23, 2020

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Started a make run off Morrowind abusing alchemy and man it's fun using spells to just gently caress around with zero consequences

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I hope we get a different assassin's guild than the Brotherhood.

And just more involved guilds in general. The fact they all (except the Thieves guild if you went way too deep into the radiant quests I guess) only really had presence in one city each was kinda lame too.

Freakazoid_ posted:

I'd like to see some of the daedric princes killed off for some new ones, especially some of the more boring/useless ones like mephala, namira, nocturnal, and maybe peryite (but keep spellbreaker around).

I like Peryite for being the chump prince. Mephala really does seem to have kind of the same portfolio as Boethiah though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

A Sometimes Food posted:

I hope we get a different assassin's guild than the Brotherhood.

Bring 👏 back 👏 the 👏 Morag 👏 Tong 👏