Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Hunt11 posted:

Something to add about Violet Dawn is that they have a bad tendency of aggravating CRS abnormalities so even in the late game it can really mess up your facility.

Yep, I discovered an aleph I had is an CRS the hard way because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Ah man, 105 is stylish as hell, but oh god yes, best bird is coming.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hello is there some way to make this thread a double Gold thread? Or triple? I'm pressing :five: and it's not working.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

omfg 33 pages in and only now that the warm-up is over? hahhahahahahahaha

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
This is definitely turning into an all-time great thread.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

This thread is beautiful and I never want it to end.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Safety Team Bonus Content

Team description

Clerk/Agent bonuses

Level 1: +3 Fortitude/Prudence
Level 2: +5 Fortitude/Prudence
Level 3: +7 Fortitude/Prudence

Captain bonus: +10 Fortitude/Prudence

No, I don't know why they don't list this information either. :shrug:

Team armband

Netzach sprite

Story background

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jul 3, 2021

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Two more things: One, I have updated the fanart post once more. I keep it up to date with the freshest memes and fanart from both this thread and its mirror over on LPBeach, so there's a lot of cool stuff there.

Secondly, while I have no money or prizes to offer I would like to put forward a contest:

:siren::frogsiren:Guess how high the Retry count will be when we beat the game, and win Ultimate Bragging Rights!!!:frogsiren::siren:

We're at 4 retries so far already, so I figure we might as well make a game of how high that number's going to get. Again, I can't offer any real prizes, but consider that these are no ordinary bragging rights.

They're Ultimate Bragging Rights. :keke:

If you want to make a guess, head right over here to sign up! I'll keep this open until the end of Day 24 - Gameplay, to give everyone plenty of time to think it over.

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!

Chinely posted:

Oh...~ Omni-senpai! You dropped your ID card!

You won't be able to get in to our break room for the anime meeting if you don't have it!!!!! I have mine right here!

Uh, thanks Chinely! (Wow, did my face always look this... chiseled?) Malkuth would give me no end of grief for losing this.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
I'm betting it'll be... waaaay lower than mine. I've had to retry Day 27 like three, four times now, and it's starting to get demoralizing.
Just the most stupid mistakes too, it's not actually a difficulty thing, it's just me. I've got like 14 all-EXes agents and enough Waw/Aleph gear for all of them thanks to a Day 1 reset earlier.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

serefin99 posted:

This thread is beautiful and I never want it to end.

We're nowhere near the end, in either chronology or scope.

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

atelier morgan posted:

We're nowhere near the end, in either chronology or scope.

With that in mind, I'm betting... 20. 20 resets. Because that sounds like a plausible number.

Out of interest, you've said you're trying to collect a bunch of bird anomalies, for... Reasons. I know you mentioned that you'll probably see about half of the available anomalies in any given full game run - is there a guarantee that you'll even be able to pick up all of the options you want, or are you just hoping for the best?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'm going with 22 resets.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

I'll go with 24 resets, because we are given time until the end of day 24.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

10 resets, one per Sefirot

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

36 righteous resets.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

TeeQueue posted:

If you want to make a guess, head right over here to sign up! I'll keep this open until the end of Day 24 - Gameplay, to give everyone plenty of time to think it over.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I'm gonna go ahead and be the person who puts in 69 resets as my guess because it amuses me. Getting it right is entirely optional.

edit: saw the form and submitted. Still leaving this here for posterity.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
13 very unlucky resets

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I submitted a high number to match a certain other number that could be considered a (minor) spoiler. You may not make it that high... but I bet you'll get uncomfortably close! :v:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I guessed 56, the number of the Punishing Bird.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

If we did that, who would appreciate our incredibly witty justification though?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
18 resets.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I bet pretty low because I believe in TeeQueue's expansive knowledge of the game. I'm loving the guesses from people that don't know what's coming though :allears:

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
I would quote my dad here, but if you quote a quote it vanishes

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
Ya'll got no idea, _120_ Resets

(no offence to TeeQueues or stateds abilities with the game)

Edit:Spoilered because going public with your guesses when you have played the game could be problematic

Koboje fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 10, 2020

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

I went low. Lets see if I'm way, way too optimistic. Although I haven't played the game, if it's required to progress further or to win the game I don't think those should count.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

I went middlingly high for my guess; as I'm 100% sure playing this game would kill me through stress/frustration I didn't mind spoiling myself for some things coming up and uh...it seems even more brutal!

I'm sure TeeQueue will show me up and not reach nearly the level of failure I allowed for, they seem like they're absolutely crushing the game so far. Really enjoying the LP, this game is great even if it's not something I'd enjoy playing.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
17 resets but... the future refused to change

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Koboje posted:

Ya'll got no idea, _120_ Resets

(no offence to TeeQueues or stateds abilities with the game)

Edit:Spoilered because going public with your guesses when you have played the game could be problematic

Considering what TeeQueue had up their sleeve for the violet noon I wouldn't be surprised by anything from no more resets to a zillion to get the right conditions.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

no more resets to a zillion

imo it all depends on whether OP is willing to just throw a few agents into the woodchipper for one particular thing, unless they know of a way to cheese it that i don't

e: what the hell, i'm going to wager on "no" and go for an even 50

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

hobbesmaster posted:

Considering what TeeQueue had up their sleeve for the violet noon I wouldn't be surprised by anything from no more resets to a zillion to get the right conditions.

:same:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I'll bet on 47 Resets

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

420 resets because I have the maturity of a ten year old child.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

NAME REDACTED posted:

Out of interest, you've said you're trying to collect a bunch of bird anomalies, for... Reasons. I know you mentioned that you'll probably see about half of the available anomalies in any given full game run - is there a guarantee that you'll even be able to pick up all of the options you want, or are you just hoping for the best?

Unless we get incredibly unlucky, we should see the last Bird at some point. By saying this, I may have doomed myself to never see it.

That said... If it decides it doesn't want to play, I have ways of forcing the thing to show up. A good manager always has a backup plan or two. :colbert:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I'll call the resets at a nice auspicious 13 resets.

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012
I'm going to get in here with 108 resets as the grand total to reach the true ending.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.

golden bubble posted:

I'll bet on 47 Resets

Funnily enough, I went with 48 resets earlier today.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
You can't vote in the thread, remember. You have to go to the link TeeQueue posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I'll go with 23 cause reasons.

I'd forgotten that you see Tiphereth on that stage of Netzach's story. I guess it makes sense because Netzach is effectively having a breakdown and all the other Sephirah affected by his behaviour make appearances. It also makes me really appreciate the game's writing overall.

My Violet Noon experience is that I never did catch just exactly what was happening with their arrivals, so I'd end days early constantly to not deal with the Violet Noon. Eventually I got tired of that and ended up shoving everyone into an elevator so I can move them out of the way quickly in case the Violet Noon would land on their head. Fast-forward 3-4 Violet Noons before I realize their specific landing conditions.... Derp.

Technically yeah you can make it so that your dudes can survive a Violet Noon landing on their head, but there's honestly also no real reason to facetank that damage if you're paying the slightest bit attention really.