Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ledgem posted:

I uh, I'm not sure that's a hard written rule?
It's not a literal rule, but it's readily observable that all the Demiurges are too wrapped up in their own personal hells to be able to move past them in the current moment. White Chain has always been different from other angels and it still took her continued involvement with Allison over years and just being in such a bizarre situation like living under the same roof as humans and devils, having been conscripted into the apocalypse by 2 Michael and 6 Juggs, and being confronted with someone just as bound to a system of control as she is to change. And even after all that she had to put her own existence on the line and fight with every ounce of her being to to finally push past her stone exterior.

I don't view what White Chain did as some kind of passage Zoss created in the fabric of reality. This is a far more personal breakthrough and we have none of the narrative weight behind Gog herself to really make her suddenly transcending her own worm nature and finally becoming a true-blue human to happen, and not be a horribly contrived event. In a very different story, yes I think it would be interesting and a good way to shake up the balance of power but the only actions I feel Gog will take here are trying to assimilate White Chain out of envy, trying to kill Solomon out of anger, trying to kill Allison and Zach just because, or maybe all three of those at the same time. And there would be your chaos.

The idea of a Demiurge growing and learning is great, but I have more reason to believe that Solomon himself will just abdicate his throne and cease this tournament of power nonsense than I do Gog achieving Royalty. And that's still pretty crazy to consider because that would mean Solomon would have to just abandon his homeworld and empire which he's still heavily fettered too on a personal level. Because of all the people in this arc White Chain has the chance of resonating the most with it would be Solomon. He was so close to being able to free himself from his own system of control, and now he's stuck with the realization that he'll still be here to slaughter the next venue, while his opponent has actually Won their exchange. And he know it deep down inside that WC truly won this whole thing and that's part of what I'm reading on his face in the most recent page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Ledgem posted:

I uh, I'm not sure that's a hard written rule? We just saw White Chain just transcend in a way nobody could have imagined. We also know that the ending of this is "something people won't like".
That is getting a lot of play as something that means involved fans won't like something about the story, but he just had to shut down comments because of tiddy... maybe he was anticipating that kind of tantrum.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

W.T. Fits posted:

The saddest thing on this page isn't that Solomon Dave didn't get his wish and is still trapped in the prison he built for himself.

The saddest thing on this page is that Allison and the rest of her crew don't recognize White Chain. :smith:

The stage is like 8 feet tall football field, they literally can't see her from below, as they aren't watching from the stands above when it happens.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

standard.deviant posted:

That is getting a lot of play as something that means involved fans won't like something about the story, but he just had to shut down comments because of tiddy... maybe he was anticipating that kind of tantrum.

It isnt even the first tiddy

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It isnt even the first tiddy

It's weird how the comic can show tiddies as victims and fetish objects but as soon as a tiddy shows up as part of a powerful statement of self-actualization people melt down :thunk:

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
I wonder if of everyone who's present and confused about what's going on, it's Gog that figures it out the soonest and just announces White Chain as the winner.

Regardless of the draw blood rule there is enough wiggle room here for her to take control of the narrative and outright declare that Solomon has lost via unprecedented punch incarnation.

Mr_Moose fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 9, 2020

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mr_Moose posted:

I wonder if of everyone who's present and confused about what's going on, it's Gog that figures it out the soonest and just announces White Chain as the winner.

Regardless of the draw blood rule there is enough wiggle room here for her to take control of the narrative and outright declare that Solomon has lost via unprecedented punch incarnation.

She already IS the winner of the tournament. The prize for that was getting a chance to fight Solomon David.

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004

Rotten Red Rod posted:

She already IS the winner of the tournament. The prize for that was getting a chance to fight Solomon David.

yeah, for sure, I'm just speculating that Gog could interrupt any emotional reunions or potential retributions by simply announcing that Solomon lost his match against White chain. Maybe she'll even do the bruising technicality thing, maybe she'll say he couldn't perfect kill her. I sincerely doubt Gog's ever going to get a better opportunity to put Solomon in his place so this would be a good chance for her to do something along those lines.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Straight White Shark posted:

It's weird how the comic can show tiddies as victims and fetish objects but as soon as a tiddy shows up as part of a powerful statement of self-actualization people melt down :thunk:
THE GORE IS GOOD! THE TITTY IS EVIL!
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I am a mighty man. I fear no dick, butt, or titty.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Looks like Solomon David got a daughter after all, despite his best breathwork.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.

Mr_Moose posted:

I've been wondering if it was relevant that when SolD checked for blood there was still rain coming down. Could he use that to hide that she didn't draw blood by saying the rain washed away the single drop, all "tears lost in the rain" like.

Well if Gog has a reason to run that narrative then she could make it work. After all we do live in a media environment where much more implausible conspiracy theories get brought up. It would absolutely be a knives out moment between the both of them.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Cat Mattress posted:

THE GORE IS GOOD! THE TITTY IS EVIL!
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Now you’ve done it.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

standard.deviant posted:

Now you’ve done it.
THIS! IS A PEACEFUL LAND!
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Duodecimal posted:

Wonder how many times Gog is showing the slow motion replay.

I was thinking the same thing even if we don't see it happen in comic.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Twenty Four posted:

I was thinking the same thing even if we don't see it happen in comic.

"You can pinpoint the exact frame his hopes all die"

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

maswastaken posted:

THIS! IS A PEACEFUL LAND!

This. This is good. More of this.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

maswastaken posted:

THISh! ISh A PEAshEFUL LAND!

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I'm not immersed in lore, what is this about Gog wanting to be human and royalty? I don't recall that in the comic, is it in the flavor text below the comics?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

I see you there. lmao

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
So I'm shite with eastern religions and stuff, but today while deep in a wikipedia hole I read a little about a Vajra, which is some sort of club meant to symbolise a thunderbolt and also a diamond and immediately I thought of how White Chain, right after transforming is covered in arcs of lightning that kind of seem to be carving those patterns into her body (or flowing out of them), including the big diamond shape on her forehead. Anyway might be nothing, but you know this comic

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Shoehead posted:

So I'm shite with eastern religions and stuff, but today while deep in a wikipedia hole I read a little about a Vajra, which is some sort of club meant to symbolise a thunderbolt and also a diamond and immediately I thought of how White Chain, right after transforming is covered in arcs of lightning that kind of seem to be carving those patterns into her body (or flowing out of them), including the big diamond shape on her forehead. Anyway might be nothing, but you know this comic

Other things that might inspire: people who get struck by lightning often get scarring in the skin in the shape of lichtenberg figures, which can be quite striking:

WC's in particular seem to follow some of Blaschko's Lines, which are the normally invisible lines that delineate different sections of our skin during initial cellular growth when we're foetuses. Pigmentation disorders like vitiligo (which WC's new patterns resemble in tone) often follow some of those lines. They can sometimes create a diamond-esque shape where hers is.

Together it might be an implied remanent of how the lightning literally grew her a body.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Aug 10, 2020

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I thought it was just a Kintsugi thing? Her lines represent her being broken and repaired, the repaired object is considered superior to the original.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It could literally be all of the above on various literal to metaphorical levels.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
All of the above are different shallow manifestations that we're allowed to witness, White Chain took a hit of that uncut pure strain.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

So Gog being ‘Envy’ follows from the seven sins themes of the demiurges, her behavior so far, and some statements by Abaddon outside the comic. I don’t think we have any such evidence that she wants Royalty, though, just that she is deeply envious of others and cares a lot about being perceived as human and desirable and fun.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Thing about Royalty is, everybody wants it but nobody knows what it is.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

It's a hundred thousand dollars and a sickening supply of Anastasia Beverly Hills cosmetics

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Tulip posted:

It's it

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

It's in your face but you can't grab it.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

A.o.D. posted:

Not with that attitude

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

It's a delicious ice cream sandwich?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

one for three

tk, shirts, i'll be issuing you a schedule for call and response classes

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Patware posted:

one for three

tk, shirts, i'll be issuing you a schedule for call and response classes

Sorry, gonna be busy with one of these

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Royalty is a continuous jerking motion.

But in full seriousness, what is Royalty if not the greatest lie of YISUN?

Royalty does not exist except over the eyes of aspirants; myriad fools who will charge about as the idiot bull, seeing a world full of royalty yet cannot understand why they never reach it.

The truth is that they do nothing but play a game that cannot be won; where "victory" is always just out of reach no matter how many bodies they pile in the attempt.

Were one to gather the keys of all the demiurges, they still would not possess Royalty.

So how, then, does one achieve Royalty?

You don't. You wake up in the morning, brush off the annoying veil somehow left on your face and go cook noodles.

That is Royalty.

Now excuse me while I return to the field of high poles upon which all liar-philosophers uncomfortably sit, awaiting the unwary in search of unwisdom to ramble at

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Arcanuse posted:

Royalty is a continuous jerking motion.

But in full seriousness, what is Royalty if not the greatest lie of YISUN?

Royalty does not exist except over the eyes of aspirants; myriad fools who will charge about as the idiot bull, seeing a world full of royalty yet cannot understand why they never reach it.

The truth is that they do nothing but play a game that cannot be won; where "victory" is always just out of reach no matter how many bodies they pile in the attempt.

Were one to gather the keys of all the demiurges, they still would not possess Royalty.

So how, then, does one achieve Royalty?

You don't. You wake up in the morning, brush off the annoying veil somehow left on your face and go cook noodles.

That is Royalty.

Now excuse me while I return to the field of high poles upon which all liar-philosophers uncomfortably sit, awaiting the unwary in search of unwisdom to ramble at

I feel enlighteningly violated.

Good job.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

A.o.D. posted:

It's crying, bleeding, lying on the floor.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Tulip posted:

/

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Donkringel posted:

I'm not immersed in lore, what is this about Gog wanting to be human and royalty? I don't recall that in the comic, is it in the flavor text below the comics?

It's speculation based on the info on Gog from the original comic that may or may not be true for K6BD now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Something something Burnout Paradise.