Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

prefect posted:

It is also home to the United Kingdom's first roundabout, which was built in 1909.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11WUJVmq0IQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

roundabouts are pretty worthless, I agree

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

akadajet posted:

roundabouts are pretty worthless, I agree

being a road is pretty bad yeah, but they're actually the least worthless roads

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
In August 2017, Xinhua described high-speed rail, electronic payments, bike sharing and online shopping as China's "four great new inventions".[42]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A mold of Paul Newman's face was filled with raw meat and then blown up to create the effect used when Picard and Riker fire on Remmick, but both Rick Berman and Peter Lauritson were concerned that it was too graphic. Dan Curry invited his six-year-old son to watch the episode in order to test how children would react to it; the boy reportedly liked it so much that he suggested the creation of a Remmick action figure whose head would blow up by pressing a button.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i saw that on a dozen tvs at a department store as a child and i can confirm it was cool as gently caress and i would have bought that toy

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The original casting plan envisaged Anthony Michael Hall starring as Private Joker. After eight months of negotiations, a deal between Kubrick and Hall fell through.[24] Kubrick offered Bruce Willis a role, but the actor had to turn it down because he was to start filming of the first six episodes of his TV series Moonlighting.[25]

huh

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Knuckles is one of the series' most popular characters, although some have voiced disapproval of the Sonic series' extensive cast of characters and singled out Knuckles as ushering them in.[9]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Co-creator Bill Hanna claimed it was one of the most sophisticated and wittiest shows he produced with rare appeal to audiences of all ages.[7]

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Zoetermeer is a city in the Western Netherlands, in the province of South Holland. [...]

The name Zoetermeer (Dutch for "freshwater lake") refers to the former lake north of the town (reclaimed in 1614). Because the name literally translates as "sweet lake" local residents have dubbed Zoetermeer "Sweet Lake City".

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

A song about Nomo, "There's No One Like Nomo" performed by Jack Sheldon, written by Marvin Hamlisch and Alan and Marilyn Bergman, was released by GNP Crescendo Records (GNPD 1406) in 1996.[15]

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nunsploitation

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol at the part where its just mentioning interesting nun stories that have not been used in nunsploitation

"there has been little further resort to possible historical source material, like Aelred of Hexham (1110–1167) and his account of the Nun of Watton, for example. Another example might be the life of sister Benedetta Carlini, a 17th-century Italian lesbian nun."

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Television appearances

Williams appeared on Mind of Mencia, playing several roles, including playing a dwarf whore ("whorf"), the leader of an all dwarf basketball team, joining Mencia at a Renaissance faire, and giving a speech about his hatred of podiums.[2] For St. Patrick's Day 2008, Brad, dressed as a leprechaun, made an appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. For Halloween 2008, Brad dressed up as Child's Play character Chucky for a skit on Jimmy Kimmel Live!.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Television appearances

Williams appeared on Mind of Mencia, playing several roles, including playing a dwarf whore ("whorf"), the leader of an all dwarf basketball team, joining Mencia at a Renaissance faire, and giving a speech about his hatred of podiums.[2] For St. Patrick's Day 2008, Brad, dressed as a leprechaun, made an appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. For Halloween 2008, Brad dressed up as Child's Play character Chucky for a skit on Jimmy Kimmel Live!.

i'm offended by exclamation points being treated like part of a title :corsair:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

prefect posted:

i'm offended by exclamation points being treated like part of a title :corsair:

you must be older than rotor if you consider this new and objectionable, given that I can think of a well-known example dating from *checks wikipedia* 1855

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

"She is of African-American, Narragansett and Cape Verdean descent on her father's side, and German, French, and English, Scottish and Irish (semi pan-British Isles) descent on her mother's."

the term "semi-pan-british isles" is really cracking me up. big gently caress you to wales there.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Soricidus posted:

you must be older than rotor if you consider this new and objectionable, given that I can think of a well-known example dating from *checks wikipedia* 1855

it doesn't have to be new to be objectionable :colbert:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

When Braswell asked for clarification, they said that there could be snake-like creatures, but no actual snakes.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
  • Tom Anderson, recurring character in Beavis and Butt-Head
  • Tom Anderson (The Matrix), Neo from The Matrix's real name
:aaaaa:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
<agent smith voice> you boys been hwhackin it in my fuel shed

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

• Tom Anderson, recurring character in Beavis and Butt-Head
  • Tom Anderson (The Matrix), Neo from The Matrix's real name
:aaaaa:

Only one of these lives... has a future

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
tell me, mr anderson, uhuhuhu what good is a tool shed when you huhuh do not have a huhuhuhu penis to hwhack it in

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Kramer, having overbought cheap food items, feeds the horse some "Beef-A-Reeno" (a fictional beef and pasta concoction).

no mention in the article or even the talk page of beefaroni :argh:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

"Drip Drip Drip" is an alternative rock song with a speed of 105 beats per minute.[4] It is written in the key of C.[5] The album version of the song is five minutes and eight seconds in length, whereas the single version is three minutes and forty-three seconds long.[3][4][6]

The song's lyrics have been noted for their "political subtext."[6]

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engagement_announcement_dress_of_Catherine_Middleton

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Individual_dresses

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Gross, a whole category for dresses?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Doom Mathematic posted:

Gross, a whole category for dresses?

The dress is stitched together from 50-60 pounds of raw flank steak and must be constructed anew each time it is shown. Initially, the steak is fresh and fiery red, and then it gradually turned beige and brown, changing its shape and size to conform to the dummy's hourglass shape. The work included either $260[1] or $300 worth of meat, as of its 1991 showing.[2]

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_does_one_patch_KDE2_under_FreeBSD%3F

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

it doesn’t even answer the question. worthless indeed

the imminent huh
Apr 6, 2016

Soricidus posted:

it doesn’t even answer the question. worthless indeed

it kind of does point you to the right direction:

quote:

Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko ... gave an answer, saying the programmers at his secretariat are able to help patch KDE2 under different operating systems. He also recommended the adoption of newer software (a possible reference to the existence of KDE3 at the time).[6]

not sure the current Ukranian President Ihor Prasolov will honor his predecessors promises though

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
As of 2009, however, with many mobile devices supporting XHTML, and programs such as Adobe Go Live and Dreamweaver offering improved web-authoring tools, it is becoming easier to create content, accessible by many new devices.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

One of the most famous no pitch calls occurred when Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Randy Johnson hit a bird with a pitch. The ball was near home plate when it hit a flying bird. After the pitch hit the bird, the ball was ruled dead. The bird was also ruled dead.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
that’s good refereeing

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Devonaut posted:

The bird was also ruled dead.

Was it an batte boi?

:ohdear:

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

Was it an batte boi?

:ohdear:

duh

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_inflatable_manufactured_goods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

quote:

A tube man, also known as a skydancer, air dancer, or wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man