Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

spaceblancmange posted:

This is worse than the actual F1 thread

Nah there's a long way to go before it gets that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Left is right, up is down, cats are dogs, mass hysteria

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Everyone's racing to be first, it really feels like there's some formula they have to follow when they hear about a free game and they're not often humble about it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Everyone's racing to be first, it really feels like there's some formula they have to follow when they hear about a free game and they're not often humble about it.

:hmmyes:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Why is it F1 rather "Fifa[currentyear]" anyway?

Oh. I was really sure this was a football game. Since when do you advertise racing games with headshots of the... drivers?

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Aug 8, 2020

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Xander77 posted:

Oh. I was really sure this was a football game. Since when do you advertise racing games with headshots of the... drivers?

Because Formula 1 isn't about racing, it's a soap opera.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Oh man I love F1 games, thanks for the headsup on the humble giveaway.

Wistfully remembering playing Grand Prix 2 on MS DOS.

Which I've just found out if you literally search "Grand Prix 2 MS DOS" one of the first results is a place you can play it in your browser.

Wow!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Which I've just found out if you literally search "Grand Prix 2 MS DOS" one of the first results is a place you can play it in your browser.

Wow!

Geoff Crammond was a real good programmer, F1GP and GP2 are fantastic.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
As previously threatened:
https://twitter.com/QuakeCon/status/1291777392281780226

Quake 2 will also go free for a limited time at an unspecified point in the nigh future.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

My Spirit Otter posted:

people not sayin poo poo about a 60 post derail about look inversion but jumpin down someones throat because they posted a game that was posted before

What game is that?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What game is that?

I think they’re talking about F1 2018. That’s a free game that’s been posted a few times in this thread now.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Real answer, since 2015 when F1 started to realise that their drivers were actual marketable personalities in their own right and the more popular guys were probably going to be around longer than some of the teams at that point.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/5nFDAs5.mp4

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

One day footie will be free and we'll call it FREEFA 20.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Wow!

GP2 used to blow my mind by how realistic the replay camera views looked, even in 320x200. People still make mods for this game today, with current season pilots and liveries.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

The Kins posted:

Quake 2 will also go free for a limited time at an unspecified point in the nigh future.
Update: Following a charity fundraiser, Quake 3 will also go up for grabs shortly after this weekend.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
bethesda.net launcher is my personal breaking point

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
I already own the good Quake games, there is absolutely no reason for me to try to get wine going on macOS (again) just to deal with the Bethesda Launcher.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

The Kins posted:

you can't purchase this via browser like most other storefronts these days, can you?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Lost in the deluge, reminder for this Thursday (08/13).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1292889049758412802?s=20

Verizon wireless and fios customers can get a chance to get Avengers free.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh god the microtransactions on that game are gonna be loving terrible for that to make sense.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Skwirl posted:

Oh god the microtransactions on that game are gonna be loving terrible for that to make sense.
A Chance

quote:

On August 10, 5,000 Super Tickets will be made available in Verizon Up, exclusively for Verizon wireless and Fios customers, on a first-come, first-served basis.
They bought 5000 copies to give away to their subscribers. That says nothing about what the game will be like, it's fewer copies than games bundled with video cards.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1StCUMMLXY

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Skwirl posted:

I don't think it's going to be micro transactions as much as having to grind for hours to give +1s to your gear. I watched a streamer play the beta and it just screamed "hope you enjoy this poo poo, because you are going to be doing it over and over again!".

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Got a copy somehow

Edit: ^^ probably but if there's anything I've learned watching people play games early on the internet it's that they're universally terrible. Remember Nier and the guy who couldn't follow a big red X?

Len fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 10, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Skwirl posted:

It's going to be that and endless brand deals, there's a set of skins you can only get if you're with a specific ISP in the UK and they've already confirmed there's going to be multiple instances of this.
https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1292750661080227847

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The Kins posted:

Update: Following a charity fundraiser, Quake 3 will also go up for grabs shortly after this weekend.

Has the window for these already past or hasn't happened yet?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

FanaticalMilk posted:

Has the window for these already past or hasn't happened yet?
https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1292875834462806017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

njsykora posted:

It's going to be that and endless brand deals, there's a set of skins you can only get if you're with a specific ISP in the UK and they've already confirmed there's going to be multiple instances of this.
https://twitter.com/VGC_News/status/1292750661080227847

Also, Spider-Man will be playable on PS5 ONLY.

There will be 8 in-game currencies. And other bullshit. Notorious Marvel Game Apologist ICR made a thread here, and he doesn't have high hopes for this game. and He expects this game to be Anthem 2.0.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
"Notorious Marvel Game Apologist" lol

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I am such a huge Spider-Man fan and have been all my life.
Yet it has been years since I've been able to play a Spider-Man game because of elitist bullshit from Sony.

Good job denying fans.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't really buy into console warrior stuff, but I've avoided buying sony consoles because one of the selling points is "has cool exclusive games". Console exclusives suck, and all, but they didn't even put games out on PC until recently, when Sony sells PCs.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

elf help book posted:

"Notorious Marvel Game Apologist" lol

I also enjoyed Marvel Heroes

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

OgNar posted:

Yet it has been years since I've been able to play a Spider-Man game because of elitist bullshit from Sony.

Good job denying fans.

There's been a whole one Sony exclusive Spiderman game though? It's not like they're making tons of them

How dare Sony put the one superhero they have the rights to on the one system they own. Those MONSTERS

Give me Pokemon on my PS4 you bastards!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OgNar posted:

Good job denying fans.
Just buy a PS4 if you love spiderman so much :lol:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Cojawfee posted:

I don't really buy into console warrior stuff, but I've avoided buying sony consoles because one of the selling points is "has cool exclusive games". Console exclusives suck, and all, but they didn't even put games out on PC until recently, when Sony sells PCs.

I've done the same.
I wont buy an extra console for 1 or 2 games.
Pointless and a waste of money.

e:^^^^ i think you guys missed the point, exclusivity doesn't 'sway' people over to their console.
It may make a few fans happy but mostly just irritates fans and makes them lose money.
Its not like i'm demanding they do it, but it's stupid in the long run on their end.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 11, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

OgNar posted:

Good job denying fans.

lmao

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Cojawfee posted:

Console exclusives suck, and all, but they didn't even put games out on PC until recently, when Sony sells PCs.

they bought back vaio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

OgNar posted:

e:^^^^ i think you guys missed the point, exclusivity doesn't 'sway' people over to their console.

This is ridiculous. It's arguably like the main thing that sways people over to their console.