Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

I'm the lady in the bottom right still hanging my laundry because the ash hasn't fallen just yet and I'll be damned if I don't get this load dried and folded before the lava starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sinabung, like Cinnabon, but tastes like rear end

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
So I got busy and fell behind on reading this thread and it kept getting worse as the unread posts went into the hundreds. Finally caught up today.

No wonder this thread blew up. :haw:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/Nkqfrmz.mp4

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I like the construction workers who are like "Hey you dumb dickhead didn't you see the sign?"

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of explosions, here's a pretty good one

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1292834280557752320

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I think the entire world needs a safety stand-down. Just for like a day, everybody just stop doing everything and think about what you're going to do when you start doing things again.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can we reboot the world? Is that a thing?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lock out, tag out the world.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Why don't we just lower the sun?

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

time to clean my truck out

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's probably a good thing that he drove his truck into that water. Based on how the cab just comes off, if he had ever gotten into a more serious accident, he'd be dead.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
drove my chevy thru the levee
but the levee weren't dry

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Blow the dust out of it and try again.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Eh, problem is it's been running like forever so even if you get everything shut down cleanly you have no idea if all components come back up and if all processes will run they way they are supposed to. Not a lot of redundancy too.
I suggest a hardware upgrade and to virtualize the whole thing.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
flatten and reinstall

Cheeseman
Apr 1, 2001

But what if it's already flat?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

20 Blunts posted:

i got blindsided by a dude blowing a red light this morning, that was pretty osha

its fading now but i had a mazda symbol bruised into my forearm from the airbag lol

Dang! Glad you're ok to type.
Your mention of airbags reminded me of a tale my father told me. A guy who worked casual ambulance shifts with my dad was returning an ambulance to the station alone for some reason. He was driving along the highway, holding the steering wheel with his left hand at the 1 or 2 o'clock position (forearm across the wheel) when a deer decided to headbutt the grill. He was found 2 hours later, alive, but unconscious, crashed in the ditch. The airbag used his arm like a cudgel to knock him out.
I stopped holding the wheel like that after hearing the story.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

It's probably a good thing that he drove his truck into that water. Based on how the cab just comes off, if he had ever gotten into a more serious accident, he'd be dead.

Fairly sure that's insurance fraud. Here in the UK there's a lot of railway underpasses which have the sidewalk at a different height to the road, which is usually lower (for clearance). When they flood (which they do, since almost certainly they've been built next to a river or giant gently caress-off flood gully because the UK's planning restrictions are rear end), or because the sewers are backed up by heavy rainfall, people deliberately drive into them when they have a car they need to write off, since they can then argue "Well the flooding only looked an inch deep becuase the sidewalk was only a cm above the water!!"

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
When its a pickup its like 50/50 insurance fraud and people who really do believe their truck can make it.

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012
Where I live, we have an underpass out near downtown. It used to flood pretty regularly during monsoon season, and without fail we'd have a news story every summer or two about some clown who was absolutely sure their pickup or old sedan could make it, or that they could make it out.
The problem is that the underpass was about a 13 foot clearance at its bottom, and the floodwaters could get close to, if not touch, the overpass bridge.

zedprime posted:

When its a pickup its like 50/50 insurance fraud and people who really do believe their truck can make it.

I'd say 25/75 myself, but I'm just guessing here :shobon:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Thinking their lovely dollar store body lift will make their truck super capable.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/KGqNgSj.mp4

insta
Jan 28, 2009
post10 at it again

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Jesus Christ that is the stuff of nightmares :stonk:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Where is it, and what's underground that's causing it?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Bad case of the graboids.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

It's in your neighborhood. To find out what it is, tune in to your local news tonight at 9.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
They turned on the LHC

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

you ever wonder how you turn a swamp into a desert that you build suburbs on and pipe water into? well

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Somebody pulled out the plug

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Submarine steel!

https://youtu.be/7X8EEn8EStM

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Iowa and Illinois getting pummeled by a storm type called a "derecho" today. 112mph winds recorded.

https://twitter.com/GammaCounter/status/1292947835080585222

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/MQK6w9H.gifv

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I'm pissed cause I lost power before the storm even hit, then got a light drizzle. Not worth it!

At least the temps dropped 30 degrees.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

null_pointer posted:

Jesus Christ that is the stuff of nightmares :stonk:

That's nothing, take a look at this sinkhole just disappearing some 40ft tall trees: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8VFxeRRZ6Q

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jet Jaguar posted:

Iowa and Illinois getting pummeled by a storm type called a "derecho" today. 112mph winds recorded.

https://twitter.com/GammaCounter/status/1292947835080585222

Yeah, that was pretty terrifying.

Get an EBS alert on my phone about tornados (apparently funnel clouds formed but never touched down). I look out side and it's overcast, but no rain and light wind.

10 minutes later it's a monsoon and the wind is hitting 75-80mph. Swept the ceramic planters off my patio table and uprooted the plants in all my pots back there. Fortunately the roof and fence stayed intact. Lot of flickering lights, but power stayed on thankfully. 400K+ with no power in the Chicagoland area.

Received an email from my veterinarian. They weren't so lucky.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

https://i.imgur.com/WN9maau.mp4

At least he looks comfortable.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
As a fellow with a fear of falling to my death, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
He's got to have a hidden harness somewhere, right?

... Right?